Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

You guys were awesome. Thanks! :)

Great hostel to stay. Staff are friendly. Clean rooms and bathrooms. NO CITY TAX to pay. I will go back again in this hostel

• 27th Feb 2015

Located in a dirty part of Rome (but only two blocks from Rome Termini) this is a good place to save money but also be close to the main city and train station. They have a good/large common room but everything else is average or a little worse than average. The bedrooms and bathrooms were sketchy and smelly but there were lockers available. It is worth the price if you can deal with the aforementioned remarks.

It was a perfect stay. location is good 5 mins. from termini station and also a 15 minutes walking to colloseo. I arrived early in the morning and they let me drop my things off in the luggage room. Staff help me planning my day in rome. i will defenitely comeback in this hostel

• 26th Feb 2015

This hostel was just OK. It was safe and secure, but lacked atmosphere for me. And a couple times when I needed to talk to someone at the front desk, I had to go find them because they were in the back room. There is also construction going on, so if you arrive after traveling all night, be prepared for a little noise during the day. Didn't feel homey to me...

A fairly decent hostel for a good price. A bit too much of a party hostel for my taste. The thing is when you stay in rome try to stay as far away from the termini as possible. Two guys tried to rob me the first night there right infront of the hostel where you will find alot of shady people, this was around 8 in the evening. The price will go up but for an obvious reason. The staff were really nice to me but i saw them being rude to others. Pay a bit more and go down town.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the free SANGRIA and i met a lot of people that night, thanks alessandro downtown

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Good Location, you can reach almost everything by foot. Value for the money is ok, staff is friendly. Nice common area which was always full with lots of interesting travellers! I almost got mugged right in front of the hostel door, though! So be careful, especially at night!

We had awesome time there , especially the pub crawl !

• 24th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The best hostel. Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant The BRAMBLE. The party night out was amazing. I reccomend this hostel.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I love this hostel, will definitely come back when I'm in Rome. Activities at night was good. Staff are all nice and friendly. I would recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent place, comfortable. staff are nice and helpful. Kitchen and common rooms are big. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. it was a very nice stay.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Nice Hostel located close to the metro station, They have a large kitchen and serve a decent breakfast in the morning. Great atmosphere. It was a pleasant stay.

• 21st Feb 2015

overall that was a pleasant stay they have a lot of activities and the staff is really helpful the guy at the reception name jerry print my boarding pass for free and given me a discount in their new modern restaurant that is so sweet will recommend this to my friends

• Mexico

hi guys remember me?clarissa your kababayan you know what i really like my stay at your hostel regards to your manager ovens his really nice, you guys too i will come back soon with my parents to eat again to brumble i really like that restaurant i miss everything see you guys

• Ecuador

nice hostel sangria restaurants and rooms

• 21st Feb 2015

Quick walk from the train station, rooms were clean, far out from some of the sights.

No city tax!! Comfort of beds was mediocre. Still a good hostel that probably gives the best value for your money

• 20th Feb 2015

overall that was a pleasant stay me and my friend that i met at the hostel given a discount for a restaurant bramble before we leave we asked to print our boarding pass and they quickly print it for free i will recommend this to my friend"s and relatives

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Peru

very good location walkable distance with a lot of beautiful sightseeing"s we love the free sangria and the staff in the afternoon is very lovely... happy to help and very active will come back this summer the first hostel that i love so much!

• 19th Feb 2015