Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

It was a great one-night stay for a solo traveler in need of a place to sleep one night and to be close to Roma Termini.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great hostel overall, I highly recommend it. Very clean and conviently located. From the hostel it's only a five minute walk to termini station which has both a metro stop and buses to the airports. I Would stay here again.

Nice dorm room, but bathroom was really dirty. Also had issues with the wifi on the first time night of our stay.

It want anything particularly special, but I would probably stay here again if I came back to Rome. The location isn't very good, although it is close to Termini station, but since it's so cheap, I'm not complaining.

i have a great stay in alessandro downtown. thanks a lot

• 17th Aug 2014

Bad news was that they overbooked our room. Good news was that they gave my friend and I a private room instead. The wifi at this place was awful and we had to haul our luggage up 5 flights of stairs because the elevator was not working. Maybe it was just an off night but overall this place seemed to be very disorganized.

good location, clean hostel and cool staff

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks for your helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel room quite big but shower and toilet in the same room (although could use other toilets on the same floor.) Room was air conditioned which was nice in the hot weather. Very near Roma Termini so very convenient for the metro, but not in the nicest street ever.....

The staff is really good at getting people staying there to intermingle. They also host great parties

• 14th Aug 2014

A nice hostel to stay. clean big room shower and toilets, nice staff. good location.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Nice and close to the station. The staff was friendly. The public showers were kinda gross though.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and it was a pleasure. Nice service, clean and excellent staff.

The hostel was in a great location. It is an older hostel but well maintained. The lockers in the rooms were smaller - couldn't fit a suitcase or big bag in them. It was great they had AC because it was very hot. The first two days we were there the elevator was broken and we had to walk up and down five flights of stairs. But it was fixed by the time we left. The daytime staff were helpful and helped us with tours, food and bank locations. Took about 15 minutes to walk to the colosseum.

It is a great hostel when you want to meet new people. The staff is great and always in a good mod. It is very near from the train station and you can walk very easy to the city centre. When you want to cook your own meal in the hostel is that no problem there is a big kitchen with a fridge. The beds are good and the rooms are clean.

Starts at good: it's spacious. I booked 4 bed dorm, but when arrived, they gave me a bed in 7 bed dorm without informing and charged me the same price. After I found that out, I ask them to redound the extra money (no staff ever mentioned they would do it, after my questioned, they offered me free breakfast at first but I've already have my own ). The kitchen was so poor that you can't find an appropriate kitchenware and anything you need.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Excellent location; a 5 minute walk to Termini station. Staff were friendly and eager to help.

Staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is not for free but its not expensive, and the place is quite nice!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Rooms are spacious, bright and clean - which is a great start. Location is central to the train station and easy to get around to key attractions. Was great to have the kitchen and a fridge, however there seemed to be different crockery etc available on different days, plus there were large groups in using the kitchen for a big cook up and made it difficult to access at times. All in all was a lovely stay and enjoyed the hostel, would recommend.

I'm not sure that's it's because I'm Brazilian and waiting everybody happy, or everybody was not in the mood to talk xP but the hostel is really nice! Nice shower, near termini station, so, no problem :)