Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Location is perfect because you'll most likely go to Termini station first which is a minute walk away, staff was very helpful I really appreciated how friendly they were. Only bad-ish thing was the in the bathrooms (if you're using the communal ones) the lights in one of the showers and one of the toilets didn't work. Also little lamps by each bunk would be helpful so that you don't have to disturb people if you're up early and don't want to turn the big light on. Wifi works best in reception !

• 1st Jan 2016

A hostel for party, not for rest. Half of the staff is not friendly and looks like they are doing favor. I stayed there for new years eve. They were very annoying trying to save their party over and over and over again. The worst wifi Internet ever!! Crashes every 2min. They say you have free WiFi, but I had to use my roaming 3g most of the time!

Worst WiFi ever!! Only the guy who serves the breakfast is awesome. He makes you happy :) The showers! One day there was not hot water other day cold 😳

There are hostels with nice staff that make you feel like home. This hostel is not one of those. They charge you for everything! Also the common room is kinda small and the wifi works bad. The hostel is ok, and that's it. I don't know why people reviewed it in such a good way.

Quiet, good location near the train station and quite close to the colosseum. You can eat breakfast for 4 €, it's a good choice! They organize parties and tours! One of us were bitten by some insect. After changing room it was ok. Number of bathrooms and showers are enough. We stayed during New Years celebration, so price was ok!

Downtown hostel is super close to the termini station, the staff were very friendly and the room was really nice. I totally recommend this hostel if you are planning a trip to Rome!

• 26th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Location is pefect altough a little sketchy at night. The hostel is decent but has very little atmosphere. It would be best if they kept to a 40yr old or younger policy or at least seperate rooms. As well the room always had an awful smell. Shower pressure is amazing!

A very commercialized hostel, everything had a surcharge and there was no personality to the place. Kitchen was dirty and my 8-bed dorm room lock was broke (in that it didn't close properly so 9 times out of 10 it wasn't locked). Also we weren't assigned a bed which meant the cleaning staff didn't know which beds to make up in the morning. This resulted to me coming home at the end of the day having someone else claiming my bed (just a pain I had to make my bed again).

They have lockers but you have to bring your own padlock or pay to use an electronic locker for up to 12 hours. Security pretty much relies on mutual trust between you and your roommates

Very well located, a good kitchen and spacious rooms. I hate having to make my own bed though, especially a top bunk that isn't easily accessible at 1am. Staff told me the Collesseum was closed Sunday and then patronised me when I questioned it... it is most definitely open.

This hostel is in a great location. Very close to termini station (bus, metro, trains) and only a short walk to the tourist attractions. If you have an early flight I highly recommend this hostel as all the buses to the airports leave from Termini. The staff is very helpful and can answer any questions. I've stayed here twice and it was great.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. So clean it smelled like soap in the hallway, I loved that. Staff was great and trustable, since I left money in the room many times while they were cleaning it and nothing was ever missing. Location is good, easy access to the whole city. Nice restaurants around and I felt safe all the time. Only problem is that the cleaning staff could stop entering the room in the mornings, where's the privacy? And I'm not sure if it's good for solo travelers.

The hostel is in an excellent location, very close to station and less than 20 min walk from many attractions. It would be helpful if you guys had a curfew because people dropped in and out whenever they wanted in a shared dorm. But I slept just fine.

all the staff was very nice and very helpful. Thank you! thumbs up

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

I got in at midnight and left at 7am the next day so I didn't get to enjoy the hostel as much as I would have liked. I walked from the metro station at night by myself which was a really sketchy walk, although maybe I was just paranoid because of never being in Rome before. But the hostel was easy to find which was good and as soon as I got inside I felt at easy. The staff were lovely and the bed was heaven. Although there was no light so I had to use my phone for a light to get ready for bed.

I stayed at Hostel Alessandro. It was next to Termini Station (MAIN station) which is a good landmark because anytime you get lost you can just reference this train station. Behind Termini station is the MARCO contemporary art museum, you gotta check it out. I have to tell you the Termini station area is a little sketchy when you first arrive but its safe and then you don't care. Also the Hostel in general is pretty basic but the front desk is efficient and the rooms are layed out.

Good hostel. The staff were very helpful and could provide a lot of help and advice. The hostel is a short walk from the main sights and is really easy to get to from Termini. Thank you!

Good hostel. Breakfast a bit expensive for what it is. Helpful staff if any problems. Location benefits from being near termini and the metro.

everything for money!!

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Egypt

The hostel was ok!! Just a little bit far from the main tourist place a but in overal yes I will recommend!!