Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is not for free but its not expensive, and the place is quite nice!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Rooms are spacious, bright and clean - which is a great start. Location is central to the train station and easy to get around to key attractions. Was great to have the kitchen and a fridge, however there seemed to be different crockery etc available on different days, plus there were large groups in using the kitchen for a big cook up and made it difficult to access at times. All in all was a lovely stay and enjoyed the hostel, would recommend.

I'm not sure that's it's because I'm Brazilian and waiting everybody happy, or everybody was not in the mood to talk xP but the hostel is really nice! Nice shower, near termini station, so, no problem :)

The location is pretty good it's a 5 Min walk from Termini station. The staff is really cool, they help you out when you need them, and they tell you what are the coolest things to do in Rome. The rooms are quite big, and they have AC witch is perfect, and it was always clean. The showers and the bathrooms were also clean and i never had to wait for people so that was pretty cool. They have a big room where you can eat and prepare your food and chill with people even late at night! Good hostel

Staff was very help and enthusiastic. Our 6 bed dorm was a good size and I was very happy that they had lockers. (You have to bring your own lock). I would definitely recommend this hostel for others looking for a nice and cheap place to stay..

The hostel is in a very good location so that is the main advantage (close to the train station). What's more, in our room was air conditioning so I don't have to tell that it was a great facility. Definitely worth to stay!!!

They overcharge for tours. I found some tours cheaper than the hostel . Transport from the airport to the hostel cost 55 Euros charge by the hostel, but by bus cost 14 Euros and by train cost 15 Euros. What a rip off by the hostel !!!! The kitchen is poorly equipped, such as no kitchen towels, no pot holders, not enough plates and cups, handle of pots an pans are loose and is dangerous if hot food is spilt on someone, causing burns. Have you thought about this? Breakfast cost 5 Euros !!!!

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback but we are afraid your review is written for some other property but us. First of all for the airport transfer, we usually give suggestions and recommendations on it but we do not offer service itself and never charge on it. If you used a taxi, the price seems to be quite normal. It costs more than public transportation. Also our breakfast costs 4 Euros (breakfast ticket from vending machine). It is not 5 Euros. Please kindly correct information. Thanks.

Really liked this place! Great rooms, lockers which is always a good thing! Great social area. In fact a very social hostel. Great pub crawl activities if you're a single traveller. Very good rooms and great shower. Can only say 2 negative things - this place is in the ghetto of Rome. It's very close to the main train station, so very conveniently located, but you have to walk past a heap of homeless people/drug dealer types to get to the hostel. Also, poorly equipped kitchen.

5 mins walk from the Rome Termini (train) Station which is a very good location in Rome. Very kind staff were very helpful for info. Pub crawl was epic with good people from the all over the world. If they have more table service at the kitchen, it would be much better since so many people had to wait for their turn while we were cooking...

Great place to stay!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Hey DOWNTOWN STAFF you made my stay wonderful! HIGHLY RECCOMEND this hostel! GRAZIE :)

• 28th Jul 2014

Good location, Cool staff and a great atmosphere. Big rooms, clean bathrooms, kitchen and free computers to use

• 27th Jul 2014
  • China

A very cool hostel to stay!!! thankzzz a lot for helping me to book my tour and printing my boarding pass

• 26th Jul 2014

Near at central station, bit busy hostel but the two asian morning staff at reception will made your day full of energy they are willing to help and suggest where to go and they give tips on how to explore rome within 2 days. Reccomended hostel, will stay here again with my friends next year.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • India

I enjoyed my stay at Alessandro, though I wish that I'd stayed on a Saturday night to be able to partake in the bar crawl and club experience. The freebsangria event didn't really bring people together. The rooms were clean and comfortable though it was weird to have one bathroom for an 8 person room. The location near the rain station was clutch, and the hostel was walkable to a lot of great sites and shopping streets.

excellent and professional staff Filmer and Ovens, they help me to reserved for vatican museum tour.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Close to the main train station which was useful for links to the metro. It was a nice enough room. Although there wasn't any atmosphere like in other hostels.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very good hostel, near to all tourist destination and only 5 minutes walk to termini station.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This hostel was an enormous disappointment. Everything that could be broken was broken. The atmosphere was grim and the staff stressed and tired. I would not recommend staying here.

All in all it was a great stay at the hostel. Most of the staff were friendly. I experienced two guys at the reception who were a bit grumpy but others were super friendly. Especially the one I met during my last two days.