Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

I enjoyed staying in this hostel. 10 minutes walking to the center of Rome. Clean big rooms at helpful staff, thanks guys for helping me to book in galleria borghese. See you again

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Greece

Nice hostel, near from Roma Termini station.

Thanks alessandro downtown for everything, I feel really comfortable staying on this hostel. Lots of fun and meeting other people from different places.... parties, sangria, specially your tour.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I just spend just one night at this hostel, but the location is really close to Termini Station - like 1 min or less than 1 minute walk and i just loved this. Alex in the reception was very kind and helpful. The bathrooms and showers were quite clean, even if I had a late arrival. I would have expected for the cleaning stuff to maybe overlook something, but they did not :)

Convenient location right next to termini station. Good facilities and staff. Nothing particularly unique about the hostel.

This hostel was in a great location and had clean basic facilities. We found our room was very dark though, and we had to use a torch to be able to function normally. The beds are also tiny so it was hard to relax/socialise in the rooms. We had a stream of water which lead all the way from the AC to the door which was concerning. Unfortunately we had some less than desirable room mates here which made for an un-enjoyable stay. Not the hostels fault obviously. They have great security here

Location is ok its a 30 min walk form the city centre but a very dodgy area. The staff in general were good, 2 guys especially but one guy who was on the desk at 3 in the morning who didn't care about anything wasn't helpful and was really rude to me and to another girl who asked about her transfer to the airport no atmosphere the bar that is at this hostel is not at this hostel and is 10 min walk away, not told that at all, clean ish Not cheap for what it is and the wifi doesn't work well

It was a really good hostel atmosphere!!! We got a lot of information what to do in Naples when we checked in, without even asking, that`s what I love in hostels. And after that we could ask for everything and always got answers for everything. All the staff was really friendly and we absolutely felt comfortable!!!

• 31st Aug 2014

it was an excellent stay in DOWNTOWN HOSTEL. rooms are clean and big. all the staff are helpful. 5 minutes away from the train station (TERMINI) i will be back again in this hostel

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel has a lot of activities that you will enjoy ( tours and party....) they have kitchen, internet room, luggage deposit and big common room where you can meet a lot of travellers. staff are nice. wifi is free. overall a Nice hostel

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

First of all, the hostel is extremely dirty, the bathrooms stinks, Staff is rude (with one or other exception), completely disorganized, I arrive and didn't have my bad available (21h in the night), nobody knew each bed was free in the room because everything was a mess.. anyway, wouldn't stay here again.

Served my purpose to sleep in a clean safe place for a nite

The only thing that made me upset was once I was no longer a customer (I asked to leave my bag in a back room until my train ride - which was a service offered to me at check-in) I was spoken down to and not treated well. The Asian man who worked front desk flat out lied to me when I asked to take him up on the offer of keeping my bag in the back room by saying "what room?" It was clear that once i checked-out I was no longer respected or allowed to access their previously offered service.

• 29th Aug 2014

Nice hostel, right near the station and easy to find. Very big, and difficult to socialise as the social space is a dining room, and found it a little strange the oven was locked until 2pm, but had a great stay in Rome. Thanks!

Good location as it is close to the main station. Stayed one night. Satisfied. Would do it again for a short stay.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

You better put more signage in every floor. It is hard for me to find the room 410. Where there is a door before i enter to the corridor which have the room. I didn't know that i need to pass through the door. So better add more signage... that is the basic things.... Also the elevator need to fix.... they are not fully closed while running... check it out...

This is really just an average hostel for me. I chose the hostel based on reviews that it is conveniently located at Termini i.e. the "center". I stayed in a 8-bed dorm with ensuite bathroom, which was just ok. The power sockets are located at a certain section of the room (away from my side of bed) and are limited, it could be better if there's one at each side of bed. There isn't reading light either, so if one have to grope in the dark at night so as not to disturb the others.

If you are doing interrail trip. You dont want to walk long time to arrive hostel. Thats why you should stay here. and staff is very helpfull. Enjoy

Would totally come back here!

It was a great one-night stay for a solo traveler in need of a place to sleep one night and to be close to Roma Termini.

• 23rd Aug 2014