Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Hostel is small but clean and convenient. The staff were very helpful. The only negative was the kitchen was very small and had limited utensils and equipment for cooking. Breakfast was pretty simple - bread, ham, cheese, jams, some fruit, cereal and was the same each night. Good value for 4 euros. Would recommend for younger crowd who aren't looking to party every night. Hostel is pretty quiet.

Great staff! Friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and well done. Appreciated having wifi in common area and in rooms. Very convenient to walk to major sights and to catch the metro or train to other places. Also easy to catch transport from here to both airports (from really early and throughout the day). Would definitely stay here again.

The worst hostel of my hole trip!! The location was horrible, the streets near by felt really unsafe, since I got there there were problems with the number of girls in the room and the unoccupied beds, the staff wasn't very kind, and the facilities were average. Thankfully I just stayed one night and I was supoust to return for 2 nights more but I cancelled and went to another hostel. I don't recommend it at all, it's very popular but there are others way better!

everything was good, spacious room, friendly staff clean toilets and big common rooms with free sangria. Theres also a kitchen that you can use at night.

• 29th Jun 2014

Cool and nice hostel. Near the center and train station. Free computers to use kitchen and luggage room. Thanks Alessandro Downtown

• 29th Jun 2014

Clean, helpful staffs, very good location! I enjoyed my stay even if it was only one night!

Having lived in Rome for 8 months and coming back a visitor for the first time this is a nice hostel. Very clean with huge rooms.

Booked 8rm mixed but they screwed up res. they took care of it, which was good-but said it was our fault when it wasn't. Bathrooms are pretty gross. Location is near termini and major tourist sites but a terrible area for affordable and good food, because all the restaurants are the ones catered to tourists (overpriced and low quality). Wouldn't stay there again because of that. Wifi was rocky. Good b/c put in private room-otherwise stay would've been less pleasant. Won't book here again though

Clean big hostel, wifi in the rooms, kitchen and free sangria. Thanks to your cleaning staff who found my iphone and the reception who always help me booking and printing my boarding pass. You guys made my trip easy

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Georgia

I would say that this is the best hostel!!! they helped me sorting out my problems with my luggage to the airport. The hostel is clean and well decorated. Wifi is free, kitchen to use and luggage room free to use after the check out. i will be back again. thanks

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Puerto Rico

It's near the main train station so that makes it easily accessible when coming back late at night, like I, and may others staying there did after the Arcade Fire concert!

I only stayed one night as I was passing through Rome to Naples, but the place is great. Very easy to find, and very close to the station. I went for a run in the morning and wound up at the Colosseum - so the sites are not far away. Staff were lovely. The rooms and bathrooms were surprisingly clean!

The hostel staff weren't very friendly and were quite slow so there was always a line at the front desk, making it really difficult to ask the staff for advice or help. The luggage room wasn't locked so I didn't feel comfortable leaving my luggage there. The rooms were spacious and the free spaghetti and sangria was nice to meet people!

Good place, the staff have not enough time to attend you.

The hostel is located 5 minutes away from the central station ( TERMINI ) and 15 minutes walking to Colosseo. Rooms are big and clean. They have a kitchen to use and fridge to store your foods.Staff will help you for everything, Thanks.

• 19th Jun 2014

This is the hostel i am looking for!!! the staff will help you for everything, thanks guys for helping me to book in galleria borghese.It was a wonderful stay

• 19th Jun 2014

I think you just don't get good value for money in Roma... We felt a bit too much like stupid tourists that need to be motivated for every activity organised... what isn't usually what you're looking for when staying in a youth hostel, sad!

Pros - The staff were friendly and efficient Close proximity to historical sights Cons - The kitchen is pretty bare, only a couple of pots and cups, very few knives and forks Security wise - the room where you can leave your bag is unattended and anyone can walk in there at all hours of the day

Nice and cool staff, convenient place to stay. I will be back again

• 17th Jun 2014

a great hostel to stay, near to termini station, supermarkets banks etc. and the very best thing is walking distance to the center. Staff are nice, clean rooms and bathrooms. They also have a cool AC and free kitchen to use. I love the tour and party that they organize. Thank you again!!!

• 17th Jun 2014