Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

The hostel is not very good located but the worst thing is the staff. They dont know information about the tours, locations or best attractions. They don t want to help you if you have a problem, for example, wi fi was not working and the guy didn t care. Also there were problems with overbooking in my room. The atmosphere is terrible, you can go directly to your room through the elevator so you just don t meet anyone in the commom area because there is no commom area.

I stayed in an eight bed mixed dorm. It was a bit disappointing! There was only one head light in the middle and no socket on each bed to charge phones, cameras or laptops over night, whish should be the standard nowadays. More than that the light in the bathrooms turned itself off after a minute, so that you either had to shower in the darkness or made a step outside the shower, so that it switched itself on again. The location is perfectly close to termini, only a three minute walk.

Pretty good.. Alittle too much like a hotel for me. Not a lot of variety of social events for meeting people outside of your room

Right near termini so great coming from airport via train. Park located close by where I went for runs and exercise. Supermarket also just around the corner which was really good and decent prices. Kitchen ok, not much space in the fridge, ended up just buying food as I went. Good organised events, nice rooms. Good hostel

Excelent place!!! We use a 8 mix bed room and it was amazing. Wish you'll have a great experience too!

We stayed in a double room, with a private bath and a double bed. The ncie thing was, that we got two little bottles of red wine fr free, but unfortunately no glasses. Not a big deal. On the other hand the double bed turned out to being two usual bed just standing together, so that, whenever one moved the bed drifted apart, which was slightly uncomfortable, and not really a double bed. Other than that, the room was fine, clean and the location excellent close to termini for sightseeing.

ohh man this is nice place I took heaps a photos there I still need it to send it to them

Overall good experience! The only problem I had was with the lockers in the room. I brought my own lock but it was too big so I bought one from the staff for €5 and it didn't work! Luckily none of my things were taken while I was gone but I hope they fix that problem soon! Also the taxi that they called for me to take me to the airport tried to charge me €65 for a ride that is supposed to cost no more than €50/55 according to the hostels website. A little far from the center but okay!

• 28th May 2015

Hostel was very nice , very clean , staff was so helpful. The breakfast was really good for 4€. The location is perfect, 10 minutes walking to the colosseo. The staff helps me a lot booking my tours. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 28th May 2015

Pros: great location right by Termini station; walkable to all of the central Rome (the Coliseum is literally 15 minutes away). Bathrooms were clean with huge showers and never smelled bad. Area is a melting pot. Cons: they accidentally cleaned my bed even though I had a few more nights left. I told the front desk people but they just went to my room with me, took down a note, and told me to get a new bed. Just a side effect of not having assigned beds I spose. Also, it's in a grungy area.

It was a good hostel overall the staff were okay could have been more nicier but oh well and I felt safe in the hostel, the bad things were tht it was in a dogy area and people outside were noisy and I couldn't sleep because there was a very loud voice outside coming every 5 minutes but overall it was good.

• 25th May 2015

We booked this hostel last minute. It was very clean and the staff was really friendly and helpful! It was also super close to the train station, near restaurants, and about a 30 minute walk from several historical sites.

Only stayed one night. No complaints, would stay again. Convenient location for late night arrivals/early departures.

Kudos to Kuya Elmer, JM and Jay for being helpful and accommodating. The room is ok but the Filipino staffs are amazing! Thank you very much! :-)

The hostel is a very short walk from the Termini station, but the Termini station isn't exactly close to the tourist sites of Rome. The room was quite nice. Breakfast is 4 euros. It was a pretty nice breakfast. The staff was pretty good and it was easy to get a good sleep. My only complaint was that sometimes the key cards to our dorm room stopped working (this happened to three of my dorm-mates.) Other than the frustrating key cards, I liked the hostel.

I was a little worried about the location of this hostel, but it turned out to be very conveniently between the Termini station (with Metro stop) and the Colosseum/Forum. The hostel itself is not the fanciest, but the facilities were fine and staff helpful. Possibly the best thing was that the bed frames did not squeak when you moved on them!

Staff were exceptional, They made my stay very pleasant. from reception, cleaning staff and the breakfast guy. I will definitely come back if I stay in Rome.

• 20th May 2015

very good value for money helpful staff and friendly bramble is really nice restaurant will definitely comeback

• 20th May 2015

a very comfortable bed and a good value for money

• 19th May 2015

good stay in total free sangria party informative staff spacious room liked it

• 19th May 2015