Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

We stayed here for a night so we didn't spend much time hanging out at the hostel. The staff were friendly and accommodating off the bat. We did the Saturday night party that night which starts at Alessandro's other hostel and had an awesome time meeting people from all over! The two girls who ran the pub crawl had good intentions but made us feel like we were kids on a school trip. I know it's hard herding thirty drunk travelers like cattle but they seemed annoyed and detached from interacting

2 of 3 toilets in the reception floor didn't work. this is a no-go!! a small but quit annoying thing in a good hostel.

Great hostel with large, clean rooms, comfy beds, good wifi, nice and close to the train station, good ensuite and pleasant front desk staff.

Very good hostel

Nice place to stay at a very reasonable price. Good location. Train and subway station just 2 blocks far.

Good position, only 5 min from Termini station and 15-20 minutes to the center. Nice staff and helpful. Big rooms, clean and silent place.

Great for the two nights I stayed in Rome! Only downfall was that there were no towels included. Felt that overall the hostel itself was pretty average - common space was small. The rooms were very nice though, plenty of room for 8 people and their stuff. Other than that, location and price were good!

All it was great, especially Alan, the filipino guy who works at night

I was there just for one night in the mix 6 room, but the hostel was clean and just next to the train station, with common kitchen and even hairdryers in the bathrooms, so definitely a good choice for the price.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Slovakia

Not my my first time in this hostel. I've recommended to friends and I'd stay here again. Big rooms, nice bed and showers! The guys at the reception were very nice and helpful.

Average place to stay. Only negatives not enough places to charge, nowhere to put your things inside the shower and the loudest bunks ever!!

Everything was perfect except for one thing. There is no smoking area in this hostel, if you want to smoke, you should go outside.

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

Great place, super close to the station which is fabulous, very central. Lots of rooms, lots of people around. This is your party hostel. Good amount of space in showers - awesome. (Some can be quite small) haha, No hidden msg there FYI, I realise how that sounds! & eiw. Kitchen is big and spacious & they have everything you need. Staff are very helpful, they need to fix 2 of the lockers in the room I stayed in (306) I was upgraded (thank you very much!) see you in 2 weeks guys! Highly Reccomend

Nice hostel.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Bangladesh

The hostel is a bit far from the main attractions of the city, and in not a trendy area (think kind of older apartment buildings and empty wholesaler stores), but really convenient for getting to and from the airport. It was pretty convenient and comfortable even in an eight person room.

Safe. Clean. Close to everything. Confortable room.

The best thing was the location, few minutes to the Termini. However I wouldn't stay there again, the hostel didn't seem very cozy, it doesn't have any living room, the only common area is the lobby and huge canteen which looks more like a fast food bar. Also I prefer smaller places, this one had the reception in 2nd floor and my room was in 4th floor, they have an elevator at least, although it didn't open for us in the 4tf floor, we had to go up to the 5th and go 1 floor down with all luggages

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Lithuania

Great location just few minutes away from termini. But for attraction side you have to either walk or take the metro. Plus the staff are willing to help you with the attractions. Beds are okay n the place is clean. Keep it up

Enjoyed the stay, nice place. Staff was very nice and helpful. I do think it would benefit both the hostel and the guests to assign beds, every day the guys were guessing which bed needed to be changed and on a couple of different nights people moved into the bed I was staying in. Very convenient location, it's impossible to be close to everything in Rome but this hostel is in the best place for access to transport. They include city tax (3.50 €) in their prices, which most in Rome don't.

• 9th Nov 2015

You could specify it will cost 7,50 euros to get to the hostel.