Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The hostel was great, better than I expected. OK, it's in a bit of a rough neighborhood as being around Termini is, but in an excelent spot if you enjoy walking the city, and with the metro 2 blocks away. Not a party hostel, which I didn't mind at all! :D

Good hostel.! Cheap, clean, big dorm room! valuable for money! Staffs are friendly! recommend !

I would definitely not stay at this hostel again. It's advertised as a fun hostel but it was so far from it. The atmosphere completely sucked, I'd only recommend it for people who are staying there long term and want a quiet, do nothing hostel. The staff were awful - the night shift guy clearly hated his life & the day shift guy was pleasant but gave us wrong information. A load of laundry cost me over 12euro and the amenities suck. Would never stay here again.

The Hostel is very well organised and is pretty clean and has good facilites. The location is decent. The downside is that the staff are not really friendly and not really helpfull. Other than that the hostel has big common room and the atmosphere is not very happening because they have a curfew at 12 and close the common area. The kitchen is also open only from 4pm to 10pm.

Horrible place to stay. Staff is not helpful. Would not recommend.

• 20th Dec 2013

The guy at the desk doesnt help at all, i hope you change your attitude and receive people as what they are, guests, anyway is good location, the beds are good, i would recommend it if youre alone, if you are 2 or more try to get a hotel for around 22-25 euro in last time offers at booking

Had a great stay here and honestly wasn't wanting for anything. It's clean, the wifi works well, and it's close enough to most stuff in Rome.

got there late at night but the night porter ali was a massive help and i also thought the free sangria party was a really considerate way to help us all mingle thanks everyone and hope i come back soon!!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Good hostel to save money. It was clean, and comfortable. It's pretty close to everything by metro, but not really walking distance. You have to pay to use the computers and you have to pay for breakfast, but other than that, a good hostel.

Totally fine, nothing special. Nothing bad, either! Just a clean place to sleep. Shower got cold really fast, though.

I will never recommend this place!! They add me more fees than hostelworld send me in my invoice, Rome Is amazing do not waste your time in this hostel...!! The breakfast is not free you have yo pay 4€ each day.. And is very limited because there is a guys always checking you. The worst place

Dear guest, The amount we asked you to pay was exactly as stated in the confirmation we received: ----------------------------------------------------------------- Arrival Date: 2013-12-02 Departure Date: 2013-12-05 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Total: 59.40 EUR Commission: 0.00 EUR Pre Payment: 5.94 EUR Hostel Payment: 53.46 EUR Kind regards, Management

Hostel Allesandro Downtown was impressive in its cleanliness, good location, and price value.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Newly renovated hostel, very beautiful. clean toilets, comfy bed and they offered FREE aperitivo whcih is a nice way to meet fellow travelers :)

• 28th Nov 2013

Convenient location, near at the train station. friendly staff!

• 26th Nov 2013

The very convenient location, facilities at the hostel and the courteous and helpful staff all made the stay at the hostel very good. The hostel, however, did not honor the discount offer made to me by Hostelworld.com They charged me the full amount as listed in their website inspite of my requests. This certainly made me feel cheated.

Excelent location. the story is, one morning, there were Justin Bieber genaration, busted to the bathroom door like group of idiots. they were drunk. I almost called police but unfortunetely I dont speak Italian so I'd be hard to explain how mad I was.

The staff was very friendly. The bathrooms were always clean. The lobby was under renovation though so there was no place to hang out there. They also don't have computers or vending machines but the hostel on the floor beneath does. (My friends stayed there, it's called Four Seasons...I would book that one if I were you!) Overall however, I was very satisfied with my stay. Cleanliness for me is very important and they were definitely up to par with that.

• 8th Nov 2013

Just stayed for one night, but both the bed and bathroom were very clean. The location too is great, near the train and bus terminal. Just be careful when wandering around the area there at night, in my opinion it was a bit dangerous at night and I almost got robbed at the terminal.

Can't agree with the neighborhood around. But truly, it's very convenient location, 5 min walk to Termini station.

Security- unlocked, open access luggage room. Buzz into the building not entirely safe as anyone can be let in (they don't check identity) and anyone can follow someone in and have complete access to the building. Value for Money- Expensive

1 2 3 Next » last »