Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

this hostel is perfect , big rooms, clean bathrooms , kitchen, they offer us a free pasta that day and the next day free sangria. the hostel is 5 minutes walking to the central station and 15 minutes to the city center. thanks to pj and ovens for calling a taxi for me to the airport. I really recommend this hostel. GRAZIE MILLE

• 5th Jun 2014

I've stayed at the Alessandro Downtown hostel four times now, each time in a different room. There really is no consitincy between the quality of the different rooms and bathroom facilities available on each floor. Honestly, it's hit and miss. I've stayed here so many times because it is extremely close to the train station, and therefore very convenient in that sense. The hostel is average at best. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

I recommend this hostel. Nice, clean and kind stuff

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Staff is very friendly, location is perfect, and the atmosphere is amazing!

i love this hostel!!!! rome was really hot that day but they have a good airconditon in the room. they offer also free sangria that night so you can meet a lot of friends from different countries. they also have a kitchen to use. thanks for helping me to book my tour. i hope to stay again in this hostel

• 4th Jun 2014

Maybe sturdier bunk beds. They felt a bit flimsy. Great location!

Hostel was only average based on the amount of money you pay to stay here. Pros: good (free) wifi, free sangria/pasta nights (they don't give you much, but free is free and a great way to meet travelers fellow), spacious rooms, AC unit in room. Cons: no free breakfast, dirty toilets

very nice hostel with good breakfast clean rooms and very helpful staff !!!! they organize a very nice tour and party, close to termini station. this hostel helps lot, thank you guys, see you maybe next year

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hostel was located in the only part of Rome in which I felt even remotely unsafe. Had issues with the showers as the first one I went to didn't have a shower head and there didn't seem to be any cold water meaning I had to attempt to shower in scalding hot water. Wifi only works if you're sitting in the reception area. Hostel seems to have a going out/party vibe so not really the place to stay if you're looking for a clean and quiet place to get some rest.

Good hostel! One thing I like the most is the big room. I was traveling around Europe alone and I always choose female dorm in order to save money. The dorm is actually one of the biggest I have tried which allows me to tidy up my luggage. Just the toilet is a little bit small :p recommend it definitely. :D One point to add: quite close to the stations.

I had WONDERFUL stay Thanks Fil-Man!

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Downtown Hostel is easy to locate. The staff was very great (Filmer-Jerry) they made my stay perfect. Their room are very clean and good bathroom - lots of water :) kitchen was available for cooking. Thanks!

• 28th May 2014

This hostel was super chill and staffs were really cool. They were more like friends than just staff and guest relation. The shower was always hot which is what most travelers are looking for. The location is not too far from the city center and it's close to the metro so traveling around wasn't too difficult. I made a ton of friends during my stay. With kitchen, good breakfast, and very clean. Would definitely come back here.

• 28th May 2014

Great place near the train station but maybe a bit far from the main attractions. Free pasta or sangria almost everyday, which is really nice. They should include breakfast in the price tho, because the extra they charge for it is not worth it at all.

everything is good, staff was awesome and helpful , toilets and shower are clean and ready to use 24 hours, this is a party place for young people.

• 26th May 2014
  • Argentina

It was how I expected. Close to the train station, clean rooms, secure. They try to help you with different trips and they do have different free things in different nights. I didn't had time for any of this but I would stay again more next time ...

• 26th May 2014
  • Romania

Very efficient and well-equipped. Great location too, although getting lost made for a couple of arduous walks home! The hostel is enormous so despite the organised nights out it ended up feeling a bit soulless and mechanical. There are probably better places to stay in Rome but this one is perfectly ok.

Staff was really kind of robotic i stood at the front desk for 5 min with no one in front of me before being helped. The bed were comfortable but i left with bug bites on my legs and back. Not bed bug!!! Saying that just to be fare. No screens on the windows and people always leaving food out in the rooms

The staff were friendly, accommodating and nice. The facilities are standard- clean showers and toilets- (pretty big showers though so that was a bonus) . Key card security lock always makes me feel comfortable and yep- the breakfast looked delicious every morning!

• 25th May 2014

This place is amazing! All staff (Filmer and .. forgot the other names ) were super dooper friendly, Facilities and rooms were clean and comfortable. Sangria night was awesome, always something on and great way to meet people. Was supposed to stay 1 night, ended up staying a week. Close to station and to a metro stop and staff tell you everything you need to see in Rome. Dont look past this place, it is well worth the money and I will be coming back. Thank you for the AMAZIIIIING times guys.

• 25th May 2014