Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

5 mins walk from the Rome Termini (train) Station which is a very good location in Rome. Very kind staff were very helpful for info. Pub crawl was epic with good people from the all over the world. If they have more table service at the kitchen, it would be much better since so many people had to wait for their turn while we were cooking...

Great place to stay!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Hey DOWNTOWN STAFF you made my stay wonderful! HIGHLY RECCOMEND this hostel! GRAZIE :)

• 28th Jul 2014

Good location, Cool staff and a great atmosphere. Big rooms, clean bathrooms, kitchen and free computers to use

• 27th Jul 2014
  • China

A very cool hostel to stay!!! thankzzz a lot for helping me to book my tour and printing my boarding pass

• 26th Jul 2014

Near at central station, bit busy hostel but the two asian morning staff at reception will made your day full of energy they are willing to help and suggest where to go and they give tips on how to explore rome within 2 days. Reccomended hostel, will stay here again with my friends next year.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • India

I enjoyed my stay at Alessandro, though I wish that I'd stayed on a Saturday night to be able to partake in the bar crawl and club experience. The freebsangria event didn't really bring people together. The rooms were clean and comfortable though it was weird to have one bathroom for an 8 person room. The location near the rain station was clutch, and the hostel was walkable to a lot of great sites and shopping streets.

excellent and professional staff Filmer and Ovens, they help me to reserved for vatican museum tour.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Close to the main train station which was useful for links to the metro. It was a nice enough room. Although there wasn't any atmosphere like in other hostels.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very good hostel, near to all tourist destination and only 5 minutes walk to termini station.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This hostel was an enormous disappointment. Everything that could be broken was broken. The atmosphere was grim and the staff stressed and tired. I would not recommend staying here.

All in all it was a great stay at the hostel. Most of the staff were friendly. I experienced two guys at the reception who were a bit grumpy but others were super friendly. Especially the one I met during my last two days.

Very professionally operated hostel with friendly staff (except one who has an attitude issue, confirmed with roommate - otherwise super excellent staff). Location is excellent - a few steps from Termini station. Wifi worked great in the room, the reception/common area and was a bit weak in the dinning lounge. Bottom bunk in the 4-bed dorm was low but the mattress was very comfortable. Luggage area provided free of charge in case you have an early arrival or late departure. Overall a nice stay.

I really enjoy my stay here..Rome is my last destination so this hostel really help to recharge my energy. The staff are really helpful, and they keep the toilet cleanliness every morning. Wifi a little bit unstable but it's okay. What I love about this hostel are the elevator (I don't have to carry heavy luggage) and air conditioner which help me to reduce Rome's heat. I stayed in 8bed female dorm, it will be perfect if they set each socket for every bed..

Descent hostel with large rooms and common area, good reception staff.

• 18th Jul 2014

BEST Hostel EVER in EUROPE! thanks Filmer for the great help.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

convenient location to train station, so easy to get anywhere around Rome. Easy to meet other travelers in common areas. Nice to have a kitchen and laundry, because that seems difficult to find around Italy. nice rooms. great to have lockers.

very near at central terminal which you can connect to Vatican City through metro, walking distance to colosseo for 15 minutes, clean and big rooms with airconditioner, buffet breakfast for only €4.00 and they have best staff ever PJ and Filmer.

• 14th Jul 2014

The overall stay was great! The location near the train station was very convenient; although, this made it very loud at night and hard to sleep. I also think the bathrooms could have been cleaned better.

From the online postings it looked as though the bar was at this hostel however it is not, its about a 10 min walk past tremini station. We wanted to do laundry around 11 and they told us we couldnt depsite the facilities still working. The hostel common area was very hot and the kitchen was medicore.