Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

A very organized, well run hostel. The friendliness of the day reception staff was incredible, always a smile, and a hello. They found my glasses that i had left, and got them back to me. I will return to this hostel, and recommend it to anyone looking for a inexpensive place in Rome.

excellent breakfast and kitchen

I highly recommend Alessandro Downtown! It is very clean and well-kept, has nice rooms and a kitchen equipped with a stove, a microwave, electric kettles, pots, pans etc. It also has a spacious common area. In a few words, it has everything that a hostel needs. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, especially Ovens, who is really kind and did a lot to help me and make my stay as comfortable as possible. I'd also like to thank Giandi, Alex, and Allan, who was such a good friend!

Very easy to find. It's walking distance from the train station and the Colosseum. The staff was friendly. I stayed in a six bed female dorm. The standard is one sheet and a comforter is provided. I'm not sure how often they was the comforters so I asked for a second sheet and they gave it to me. Bag storage is for hire. The airport is about a 50 min bus ride and cost €4-6 per person one way.

Really wonderful hostel! Clean, spacious rooms with extremely kind staff! The hostel staff agreed to help me print my tickets without hesitation and gave good advice on what buses to take! Wifi can be connected everywhere, and bathrooms within the hostel room are clean. A 5 minutes walk from the Termini Station where ample buses and metro is available. The beds were a little creaky, but I had a great stay nonetheless!

About 4mins to train station and the shower is not bad

With all the great reviews I was quite disappointed with this hostel. Particularly because the 4 nights I was there the showers were cold and the wifi was terrible. It is close to the train station but a bit of a walk out from the highlights. On a positive note the security was good and facilities clean. It wasn't cheap but then Rome isn't..

the hostel was was easy to find - just a short walk from the train station. the staff were very nice and helpful. it was super clean and well-decorated. I had an almost perfect stay. one of my friends did find a single bedbug, but there was only one. we told the staff and they came in and took care of it right away. I really do recommend staying here.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Hostel was decent. I don't think it was anything special, kind of hard to meet people as there isn't a bar, if you're a solo traveler I probably recommend the Alessandro palace and bar OR Yellow. It was just a quiet hostel, the faculty were nice and helpful though. Overall, it was fine, not anything special though.

The Wi-Fi was absolutely terrible and it was bad enough that the kitchen was only open for a few hours, but then it hardly had anything to cook with.

Decent place to stay. Really close to the termini, so convenient for buses and trains to other side of town if you don't want to walk. Bathrooms always clean and hot showers. No kitchen facilities. Washer and dryer pretty expensive but available.

They claim to have free wifi but the service is horrendous. Drops out all the time. Weak signal away from common room. Ended up asking staff what the password was for the hostel below and sure enough he knew instantly. Not a bad hostel but certainly not as good as alesandro palace. So don't book downtown!

Need your own lock

Great hostel! Easy to find location. Owens and pj were awesome. I had been travelling for 24hrs and was exhausted, I showed up way before check in time. My room happened to be available, and they happily gave me the room. Thanks much yall!

• 16th Oct 2015

Excellent hostel with a very communicative and helpful staff. It's located really close to the Termini station what is great, the region gets a little weird at night, but no one should have any problems.

En las habitación 306 es imposible abrir la puerta amenos que venga alguien del staff a ayudarte. La información en cuanto al desayuno no es clara, a mí me dijeron que tenia que ir al Brumble bar, es decir irme hasta el otro extremo de Termini para poder tener un desayuno de 4€. Así lo hice el primer día y no lo hice más porque me quitaba tiempo valioso de mi estadía en Roma. El último día vine a descubrir que en el mismo Downtown servían el desayuno, es un desorden y una falta de información.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Right next to the train station so handy for travelling. Rooms and bathrooms good. Kitchen dirty and had hardly and plates, cutlery and everything. We ended up eating part of our dinner using a plastic packet for a plate. Then at breakfast they bring out so many plates and cutlery. Breakfast was good but cost 4 euros. Not much atmosphere either.

We had a great stay at Alessandro. The breakfast was good for the money, hostel was located really close to the Termini and within 20 minutes walk of many attractions. Staff was...overzealous about the club atmosphere, but it was a youth hostel after all. Will stay there again.

Staff is very friendly.nice huge bathroom en suite for a 4 person room. A little sketchy neighborhood but very close to the main train station so very convenient for traveling around and outside Italy.

It was a decent price and the staff were great - tons of directions and even let us hang out for a few hours at night after we checked out 12 hours before because our bus wasn't until 1am. It was clean and the lockers are a good size. No towels included and paying for locker storage was kind of strange, but it wasn't expensive anyway. Location was decent - we walked most places (20 minutes or so) and the metro station was 7 minutes away. I would stay here again for sure.

• 13th Oct 2015