Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

When I arrived the staff at reception seemed bored. They were helpful, but could have been more welcoming. The security could be better. The key card operated door knob to the fourth floor hallway, where my room located, was useless as the door open without it, even if it did flash red or green when you did use the key card. Otherwise you get your money's worth especially if you participate the hostel club nights.

the hostel is in Termini area which is not the nicest area in Rome. good if you are staying one or two days because you are near train station so you don't have to walk long time to find your hostel. the hostel is in a building where there are local people. at night, you have to be quiet for neighbors. the lift was out of order so I went in the stairs with my luggage. breakfast is not included. the storage of your luggage costs 2 euros for 12hours the day of departure. but no city tax of 3 euros

Location was so close to train station which was great for me. The Wi-Fi was terrible. Really terrible, no one seemed to be able to get on . My biggest issue is that the pillows had been sprayed with some extremely strong smelling spray like a room freshener or something. It was awful, lucky I am.not asthmatic. I tried to air my pillow, but it was too strong. All my night clothes ended up smelling like this. Just horrible and hard to sleep with. Made the whole room smell.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed our cleaning staff may have exagerated with the deodorant spray as the group who stayed the night before you did smoked inside the room (even if it is prohibited to smoke in the buiding..). We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will be careful when the same case would heppen. We appreciate feed back. We have also adjusted the wifi connectivility with our network technitian. Hope you have enjoyed for the rest. Have a nice day.

Nice Place

Hostel is in a good location, rooms are ok, they have kitchen but you cant make breakfast for yourself , you have to buy their breakfast and if you don't buy it, then you are forced to eat somewhere else because kitchen is closed for cooking during breakfast , it is a major inconvenience.

Great time and awesome staff. Able to answer questions and help us get a Cab to the airport.

• 8th Sep 2015

very well located close to the central terminal and eateries. Easy to get to everywhere by a short walk or metro. Staff are fantastic and helpful. thumbs up!

hostel was in an excellent location and staff were reLly helpful especially PJ and Ovens. free sangria was great, 4€ breakfast was not very good. clean facilities but stinky pipes and drains in bathrooms. had a nice stay, close to alot of sights. thanks

It was fine, nothing special, close to the station if you're passing through, but don't expect a social experience.

Good place to visit the town and to use the public services for airport and trains. For the next holy year the area will be safer but now be careful day and night.Hostel is safe with lockers in every dorm but after checkout you have to pay 2 euro. Kind and helpful staff; party tours during the week but some evenings are boring. Checkin at 3 pm. It's possible to cook 16-21 but kitchen facilities are poor.

This is the second time I've stayed here. It's just across from Termini station and walking distance to the main sights. Nice dorms and good kitchen area. The lockers are big but a bit fiddly to use - you need a big lock. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms very well and can really only be used in the common areas.

Good hostel. Very close to termini but in a bit of a gritty area. However it is reasonable close to most of the main sites or the metro is very easy. The staff are a bit impersonal but that's what is expected with a big hostel

The location might not be the safest but it's like any other big city where being close to the train station gets a bit dangerous at night but the hostel is nice, breakfast is not free, towels not included, lockers inside the rooms, the outlet connections were not close to your bed. Overall good experience

It was a convenient spot for one night

My girlfriend and I were happy with our 4-night stay here. The facilities are fine (though the water temperature in the showers could be a tiny bit finicky sometimes), but the internet was a bit spotty. I could only get online about 1/3rd of the time. It's nice and close to Termini station, meaning most of the main attractions are walk-able. As for atmosphere, we, like many visitors to Rome, didn't really spend much time at the hostel because we were out all day every day taking in the city.

Okay, but not brilliant. Did the job in terms of somewhere to shower and sleep, but was glad that I was only staying there for two nights - convenient location and relatively cheap if you only need one or two nights, but probably worth spending a bit more money if you are looking to stay in Rome for any longer.

Great location!

The staff was welcoming and upgraded my arrangements from a 8 to 6 person room. The facilities were clean and the wifi was good. As a female traveler, the area around the hostel (Roma Termini) was a little sketchy at night, but overall it was a good hostel experience.

Really good hostel where I stayed for three nights. It looked clean, rooms were spacious and air conditioned. The service was good. This property is located very close to the main public transport station of Rome, Termini Station. Great place and would definitely go back there if I'm ever back in Rome any time soon!

• 27th Aug 2015