Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

A fairly decent hostel for a good price. A bit too much of a party hostel for my taste. The thing is when you stay in rome try to stay as far away from the termini as possible. Two guys tried to rob me the first night there right infront of the hostel where you will find alot of shady people, this was around 8 in the evening. The price will go up but for an obvious reason. The staff were really nice to me but i saw them being rude to others. Pay a bit more and go down town.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the free SANGRIA and i met a lot of people that night, thanks alessandro downtown

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Good Location, you can reach almost everything by foot. Value for the money is ok, staff is friendly. Nice common area which was always full with lots of interesting travellers! I almost got mugged right in front of the hostel door, though! So be careful, especially at night!

We had awesome time there , especially the pub crawl !

• 24th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The best hostel. Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant The BRAMBLE. The party night out was amazing. I reccomend this hostel.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I love this hostel, will definitely come back when I'm in Rome. Activities at night was good. Staff are all nice and friendly. I would recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent place, comfortable. staff are nice and helpful. Kitchen and common rooms are big. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. it was a very nice stay.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Nice Hostel located close to the metro station, They have a large kitchen and serve a decent breakfast in the morning. Great atmosphere. It was a pleasant stay.

• 21st Feb 2015

overall that was a pleasant stay they have a lot of activities and the staff is really helpful the guy at the reception name jerry print my boarding pass for free and given me a discount in their new modern restaurant that is so sweet will recommend this to my friends

• Mexico

hi guys remember me?clarissa your kababayan you know what i really like my stay at your hostel regards to your manager ovens his really nice, you guys too i will come back soon with my parents to eat again to brumble i really like that restaurant i miss everything see you guys

• Ecuador

nice hostel sangria restaurants and rooms

• 21st Feb 2015

Quick walk from the train station, rooms were clean, far out from some of the sights.

No city tax!! Comfort of beds was mediocre. Still a good hostel that probably gives the best value for your money

• 20th Feb 2015

overall that was a pleasant stay me and my friend that i met at the hostel given a discount for a restaurant bramble before we leave we asked to print our boarding pass and they quickly print it for free i will recommend this to my friend"s and relatives

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Peru

very good location walkable distance with a lot of beautiful sightseeing"s we love the free sangria and the staff in the afternoon is very lovely... happy to help and very active will come back this summer the first hostel that i love so much!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

I booked 4 nights here but I only stayed one because I was so annoyed. I was in a group of 3 but they only provided us with 2 beds. They also do not ever (from what I can tell) wash the fitted sheet, which everyone sleeps directly on, ew! It had a young hip feel, so if youre in rome to party thats great! Its also near the train station. I think I would only stay here again if I was in a group big enough to get a room just for ourselves and I would bring my own sheets!

lot of Brazilians like me i feel home i really enjoy this hostel with a lot of offers party,restaurant,rooms,place to stay activities tours and much more will definitely come back!

• 18th Feb 2015

cool and colorful hostel with a professional staff stay here and they will give you a 10% discount from their new bramble restaurant with a lot of good foods and drinks try their unique cocktails.

• 18th Feb 2015

I really liked the hostel, atmosphere and friendliness of the staff. Location is perfect a few blocks from termini station. They have a kitchen free to use, internet room and big common room where they organize the SANGRIA night. Overall a good hostel to stay.I recommend.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Rooms and showers are ok, so are facilities and it is conveniently placed close to termini station. Quite helpful, friendly staff overall. There is no wifi in the rooms though, only in the reception, which is a huge drawback. Laundry service is quite expensive and so is breakfast for the quality offered.