Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

En las habitación 306 es imposible abrir la puerta amenos que venga alguien del staff a ayudarte. La información en cuanto al desayuno no es clara, a mí me dijeron que tenia que ir al Brumble bar, es decir irme hasta el otro extremo de Termini para poder tener un desayuno de 4€. Así lo hice el primer día y no lo hice más porque me quitaba tiempo valioso de mi estadía en Roma. El último día vine a descubrir que en el mismo Downtown servían el desayuno, es un desorden y una falta de información.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Right next to the train station so handy for travelling. Rooms and bathrooms good. Kitchen dirty and had hardly and plates, cutlery and everything. We ended up eating part of our dinner using a plastic packet for a plate. Then at breakfast they bring out so many plates and cutlery. Breakfast was good but cost 4 euros. Not much atmosphere either.

We had a great stay at Alessandro. The breakfast was good for the money, hostel was located really close to the Termini and within 20 minutes walk of many attractions. Staff was...overzealous about the club atmosphere, but it was a youth hostel after all. Will stay there again.

Staff is very friendly.nice huge bathroom en suite for a 4 person room. A little sketchy neighborhood but very close to the main train station so very convenient for traveling around and outside Italy.

It was a decent price and the staff were great - tons of directions and even let us hang out for a few hours at night after we checked out 12 hours before because our bus wasn't until 1am. It was clean and the lockers are a good size. No towels included and paying for locker storage was kind of strange, but it wasn't expensive anyway. Location was decent - we walked most places (20 minutes or so) and the metro station was 7 minutes away. I would stay here again for sure.

• 13th Oct 2015

Really close to termino station. The place is not bad and most of all i really loved the shower, really good preasure and hot water! Wifi was good.

Great location close to the Termini. The rooms were a good size and clean. There was a little eatery/dining area in which you could meet and socialize with fellow travelers. The staff was very friendly and helpful during ny stay. Ovens (the manager) and PJ were very helpful with setting me up with a bar crawl starting at their sister hostel Hostel Alessandro Palace and helped set me up with other walking tours. Good value and atmosphere for the money I spent to stay there.

The reception was very kind, helpful and informative. The room was clean and the security went above my expectations.

Beds were comfortable and the dorms were spacious, wifi was only available in the common room. Personally didn't experience the atmosphere but other people I briefly spoke with said they liked it. Short walk to and from the train station and easy to find

As I was leaving for the train station at 4 am, the man working at the reception showed me the safest roads to take considering it was early morning. I did not even have to ask! It was very considerate and I appreciated it a lot. Thank you!

• 6th Oct 2015

Good hostel, not great. The staff were really friendly & engaging, a shout out to PJ & Owen for making my stay good. Lots of people had issues with the Wifi working everywhere in the hostel, and not alot of plugs close to your bed in the room. I prefer to sleep with my charging phone under my pillow.

Excellent. the 8 bed dorm is huuuuge But remember to bring a padlock. awkward kitchen opening time though (16:00-21:00). Top location. street may look dodgy and smell of urine but the building the hostel is in is like fort Knox. Also all the shady looking characters are harmless, went to Maccies at 2am and it was fine. I made excellent use of th e €1 menu

spacious rooms, clean bathrooms, never made breakfast. area gets very sketchy at night.

Good stay, great location and good people.

I really enjoyed staying at Hostel Alessandro! The staff was nice and helpful, would definitely stay there again!

• 1st Oct 2015

The staff were all kind and helpful, and really seemed to care about their customers. The hostel itself is clean, has a pleasant atmosphere, and the beds are actually pretty comfortable! This was my first experience in a hostel, and I quite enjoyed it.

• 29th Sep 2015

Our stay here was very nice, checking in and out was quick with no complications. The staff is happy to help with any information you need. The the rooms are spacious, only the beds a bit squeaky and the toilets could have been a bit cleaner. It was nice hanging out in the common room, you meet lots of people from all over the world so the atmosphere is great. There is a kitchen available 16-21h, I only wish there was another stove cuz it gets crowded around 20h. Also, free drinks 3x per week :)

Beds were comfortable, the lockers were a decent size for all my things. Managed to find the hostel with ease and the staff were helpful in organising tours and booking restaurants. It's in a decent location not far from the colosseum. The wifi though wasn't great and cut you off every time you were inactive for a while but that's a small thing. Overall nice stay, would stay again.

We had an issue with our room the first night which was fixed straight away. The staff were extremely helpful and professional in sorting this out and were there for any questions we had. Overall we had a great stay and would recommend this hostel!

Great hostel, great location awesome social environment unfortantally we missed the pub crawl but the free sangria night was awesome great way to get people together and to be Soical deffintally recommend this hostel