Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Very close to Termini station so it was very convenient; also walkable to the Coliseum. Neighbourhood itself around the train station is very sketchy, but at least the security in the building itself was decent - buzzer to get inside, locks on room doors, large individual lockers. Staff were friendly and recommended tours and helped with directions. Kitchen available. Would not recommend the breakfast for 4€ as it was pretty basic and not self service for ham, cheese, bread..

A nice hostel but our hard luck that the lift was not working and we had to climb to the 4th floor everyday. A warm staff assisted us when ever we required. The hostel is at a walking distance of Roma Termini and millions of eating places. Do try the pizzas and pasta.

The Termini train station is quite near; the sanitary equipment is good; the room is big. But the bunk bed seated in a corner of the room is a bit small.

Helpful, friendly staff. Good location.

Clean hostel and the location is perfect, really close to supermarket and colosseum. You can walk to every place in Rome. We didn't use any transport to visit all the city included Vatican. Locker inside the room and after your check-out if u need they have locker outside for 2 euro, 12 hours. Great!

a Good hostel at a superb location.

Very interesting place, I had a nice time staying here. Cool and friendly staff. They help me printing my boarding passes. Thanks a lot

• 3rd May 2015

Perfect hostel near the main train station. Approachable staff who were more than happy to assist us with our questions. Highly recommended.

I stayed only for one night. Very close to Termini station, helpful staff.

It was an amazing hostel, i had an excellent stay. The security was good, they have cameras in the building and the lockers are pretty safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Algeria

Not worth.

i really like that hostel the staff was kind and helpful. it was clean and has a good location. i would prefer again next time.

This hostel is conveniently located by the Termini main train station. The staff was super helpful, just go to them with specific questions to know exactly where you want to go. Sometimes the wifi wouldn't connect to my phone. Try to make as many reservations or getting up super early to avoid the dreadedly long lines. But everyone I met at the hostel was very nice and friendly. Baggage storage costs €2 for 12 hours, but the lockers are big and secure. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel, nice place, cheap with good kitchen. Staff are all nice and helpful. I recommend this place

• 30th Apr 2015

Favorite thing about this place is that it's conveniently located 3-5 minutes away (by walking) from Termini Station in Rome. The staff was great and helpful (and funny!), and the facilities were good and clean. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed room (or whatever the cheapest was) and it was nice because there is a big open area with a table in the middle and a bathroom attached to the room as well. I would recommend this hostel for anyone traveling to Rome and looking for a convenient place to stay!

Alessandro downtown was my first experience staying in a hostel and it was wonderful! The rooms were nicely decorated and the staff members were nice and accommodating. I saw the rooms and bathrooms cleaned everyday. I would stay here again

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

The staff was lovely and very helpful. Location is perfect and very easy to find. The rooms are clean. Thansk for the sangria night. See you again guys

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Simply a good hostel. Fortunately they have an elevator. They cooperate with another hostel to organize parties, etc. But it's also the first hostel I had to pay for storing my luggage some hours after check-out time.

The handle to the door was broken so we didnt even need the key to get in. Showers were so uncomfortable, no space to put clothes and a very small area. Outlets are also far from the beds and when there are crowds coming in, the hallway gets jampacked. The location is very convenient though and rooms are big with big lockers

I love this place. clean and well located. Staff are very nice always willing to help. They let me use the showers when i arrive early in the morning. Thanks for printing my boarding pass. I recommend this place.

• 27th Apr 2015