Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

very good staff"s specially the afternoon filmer and jerry they are really helpful and informative they made my stay so brilliant will definitely comeback like there new restaurant bramble good value for money thank you guys

• 15th Jun 2015

Decent place to stay for a short period only. Very convenient to termini station, which is good for getting into/out of Rome and accessing metro. Bit of a walk to the major sites though. Not a whole lot of atmosphere as this is an outpost of their main hostel. Neighborhood can be a bit iffy at night, though I did notice a number of police patrolling at night so maybe they are trying to fix that. Mattresses not the best I've slept on but also not the worse. stay here for easy transport options

• 15th Jun 2015

a very good rooms with air condition your own locker and comfortable bed location is really near in city center tour and party organized a really recommended place

• 15th Jun 2015

the staff is very nice i like the party thing and sangria will definitely comeback 1st favorite hostel you can asked them in in any places in rome the staff in the morning give me a free alessandro shirt cool!!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Chile

We stayed in an 8 bed female dorm which was huge. Good air conditioning and good locker space. Our basic needs were all met but the hostel was nothing special. Bathrooms weren't particularly clean and there were only 3 toilets and 3 showers for a whole floor. Probably wouldn't stay here again to be honest.

Wifi was not available.

Really enjoyed my stay! Convienant location close to the train station. In kind of a strange part of town but we stayed here one night because we had to catch a late train Unfortunately, the night we stayed there ALL the water stopped working so the toilets weren't working and neither were the showers and sinks. The problem got fixed after a few hours but it was still a bummer. Other than that glitch it was a great place, great atmosphere and great staff!!

• 11th Jun 2015

This was a great hostel to stay in Rome. I was there for three nights thought it was over all a good host. Staff is very helpful and its at a really good location, with only a five min walk from termini train station. The breakfast is very good for the price. The only thing I could think of is that the private bathrooms could use a bit more cleaning.

Everything was really great and the staff were super friendly. There were some big issues with water during our stay, but we think they handled it the best they could.

Everything was organised and staff was professional.

A nice clean place to stay in the centre of Rome within walking distance of the main tram lines and coliseum making site seeing easily accessible. The hostel provided many opportunities to meet new people for example a cocktail party on the roof of its partnering hostel with cheap drinks and very friendly staff who ran it especially Mike! Would recommend both hostels to all looking for a fun side of Rome!

At 12am they close the common area, they do this because of noise complaints, which is fine but don't use a Closed For Cleaning sign. People will understand if it is your policy, but if its cleaning then people may sit and wait - for NOTHING. Secondly, the water stopped working for a few hours on our level - it happens I understand that. Don't tell me it is off for everyone in the street though, it was working one level down. Silly lies, young irresponsible staff who do 'their job' and no more

I was looking more for a party hostel experience, but didn't end up getting one. The staff was nice, except I wish there was a better common area to hang out.

I couldn't tell if the guys at the desk were overly friendly or just being creepy. The communal showers were gross there was toilet paper in every one and the water was cold. There are many other good places to stay in Rome and I don't recommend this one.

I loved my stay, the rooms and building were modern,clean and colorful really relaxed atmosphere. Staff helps you a lot for giving directions. Safe luggage deposit. Will be back again.

• 7th Jun 2015

Good location next to train station, many sites within walking distance though public transport makes for easier navigating. Not much of a common area but rooms and facilities very clean and staff was cordial.

Made to wait after climbing stairs with a heavy backpack and not much info given about Rome. Had a hostel guest who went crazy and ordered us all around and turned on the lights at 1:30 because she couldn't allow another girl in the room to be on her phone. Staff came to the room in support of her which was strange. But fresh sheets everyday, good locker facilities and very close to the train station and 25 minute walk to town.

The hostel was reasonably priced for what was given. The staff was super helpful on any circumstance we came to them with. The 8 bed mixed dorm was clean, but the air conditioner didn't work too well. I was in a top bunk and the air didn't really reach my bed. The bathroom was nice because the toilet and shower were separated so more than one person can be in at a time. Overall, a good stay in the hostel!

Great stay, though security was a bit of a problem with some of my things.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I had a wonderful stay, very nice and clean place, hot water is working well, aircondition in the rooms. Free kitchen to use and big fridge where you can store your food. Thanks for the sangria night, I've met a lot of people from different places. It was a very good stay

• 6th Jun 2015