Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

The directions to get to the hostel were really clear and it was in a good location quite close to a big super market. It was also a good hostel for meeting people negative there were araaranged activities like a sangria night and there was also the kitchen/eating area to hangout. The only complaint was that I had trouble with my rom key working and also sometimes I couldn't get the WiFi to work.

We had a great stay at Hotel Alessandro.

It was wonderful, but the staff could be more gentle...

No complaints here, value for money clean hostel. Great pub crawl! One of the best pub crawls in Europe. The only thing we noticed was the atmosphere was better at the partner hostel down a few blocks which has the bar and is the location of the start of the pub crawl.

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel located close to the Termini train station. Clean rooms and cheap bar at the sister hostel not far away.

It was the best hostel I have stayed at on this trip it looked good on the hostel world web sight And did not disappoint. I am so glad I booked. My stay in Rome

I really appreciated the storage facilities and the free printing. Staff were very helpful and told me exactly what buses I needed to take to see what I wanted to see. Good location for sightseeing, close to the buses and trains. NOTE: Wifi was not working.

Rooms were decent and had enough room, staff seemed nice enough but weren't enthusiastic with helping with directions and where to go in the area. Wifi was terrible, only works sitting in the lobby area not from the room. The aircon in the bedroom was also terrible, so so stuffy in the bedrooms. Hostel also did not provide towels.

A good hostel with an excellent location near train station. The rooms are big and quiet with AC. The kitchen stove took forever to heat(like over 30min to boil water when I had all stoves on max). Otherwise a good hostel, but like many it lacks recycling bins for bottles etc, which would be great since a lot of people drink water all the time.

Good hostel if you just need a place to sleep - air conditioning in the rooms was great! There was very little atmosphere so probably not the best place to meet new people. Very close to Termini station and about 15 minutes from Colosseum and the Roman forum.

Really loved our stay here and would recommend and stay again. Felt very modern, clean and sociable throughout the hostel and air conditioning as an excellent addition. This was our first mixed dorm experience and was very positive. Walking distance from the station and lots of places to eat nearby (try Elettra!). Regular socials which were fun and well managed. One of the best hostels we stayed in on our travels throughout Italy!

• 3rd Jul 2015

A couple of the staff members were nice but most were extremely rude. I witnessed on several occasions staff members treating other guests very poorly. One instance I was in my room and two staff members were in the room as well and they started arguing. One of the staff members looked to potentially threaten the other staff member with physical violence. Atmosphere was pretty poor. No social feel to the communal environment. Location and security were good.

This hostel was great it was located next to the main train station and all the buses which made getting around really easy. The rooms were clean and had lockers but you need a big lock to fit in the lock part. The breakfast every morning was an extra €4 but it was worth it. The staff was very nice and whenever there was a problem it was fixed quickly. There was an AC in my room which worked great for getting out of that Rome heat. I would stay here again if I came back to Rome

Very large hostel and it doesn't feel very cosy in here.

They are pros. Great for a quick night in Rome.

Good location next to Termini, but almost all hostels in Rome have that privilegie. The staff was very helpful and the facilities were always clean and useful. The computers they offer are too old and too slow. They might save you in an emergency, but you should have a plan A. The hostel is full of floors and stairs, but there is an elevator for those who have patience. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

Brilliantly close to the main train station (Termini), which meant getting round was a lot easier. Had pretty much everything you'd want from a hostel in terms of facilities. wifi was a bit slow to connect. friendly staff. has an option to put luggage in secure storage for 12 hours for 2 euros with a key-in code, which was great (or you could just leave it in the luggage room for free). rooms were pretty standard and clean.

this was a great place to stay. the staff was friendly and they have a lot of events to meet others in the hostel. great location, beds were better than most hostels and the bathrooms we're clean/functioning. I recommend this to anyone staying in rome.

Very close to the train station which is where the 2 metro lines meet so very easy to get to anywhere in the city. The 6 bed dorm we stayed in was very spacious with good lockers/storage. Wifi in the rooms was a bit iffy at times. Staff were friendly and events were organised such as free sangria night and bar crawl which was a good chance to meet others in the hostel. Very close to Alessandro Palace hostel where we went one night which had a bar and roof terrace. Good value for money.

Ha. So I guess this place is more about personal taste than anything I can really suggest. But here's what I thought of it anyhow. Location is brilliantly right next to the main station - but the area itself is majorly dodge. Not that I got killed or mugged there at any point - but still watch your bag/back. The facilities are pretty bog standard, toilets and showers work -Bonus. Can't say I didn't not enjoy my stay here, ultimately anywhere in Rome is pretty basic. Hey, it was fun.