Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

This is a great hostel. Close to downtown and many touristic attractions. The A/C in the room is a big plus in summer, probably saved me from having night of non-sleep because of the heat. People who works there are very nice and willing to help when needed. Safe and clean hostel. I would definitely return if I ever go back to Rome.

Good hostel. Friendly staff. Has aircon. Pub crawl is average, if you want to party go over to Yellow Hostel and drink at their bar and club. (15mins walk) if you want hash termini..

Was well located surrounded by restaurants and very close to termini metro station. Beds were comfy and wifi was good. Kitchen was only available between certain times which was really weird and the fridge was filthy with moldy food making the whole kitchen smell. They really need to sort that out. Other than that the hostel was fine

Great location - they had a party with their sisters hostels every Tues and Thurs (i think) and it was my birthday so I got a free champagne bottle can't complain ;) Met some interesting people and was overall great.

This hostel was decent. Location is not the best but could be worse. Staff were not overly friendly but were not rude either. Ive stayed in worse places and stayed in better. This was just that - a mediocre hostel.

My brother and I had an amazing experience at this hostel. We absolutely took advantage of their Bar Crawl events that they have every Tu/Thurs/Sat. For only $20.00 euros, you get one hour of unlimited drinks, then you hop to bars and end up at a club: all included w/ the fee. The rooms were spacious. The food was very simple, toast/ham/few cereal options. Other than that, we had a great time exploring the city, this location was perfect. I highly recommend it!

Very close to the Termini station and not too far from the main sights. They also organised a very good night out for the hostel

This hostel is in the perfect location if you need the train station or the shuttle to the airport! It also had excellent free sangria nights in a very large and social common room!

alright hostel, fairly basic but comfortable. stayed in the 8 bed dorm - had plenty of room with separate shower/toilet/sink. staff were pretty focused on you checking out, with the wifi password even reminding you + when I had a problem with the washing machine the receptionist said he would find someone to help fix it, few minutes go by and I find him watching YouTube on the computer having done nothing to help. hostel location is okay probs just get the tube to places. security not an issue

I really did not appreciate arriving late and having your front desk clerk ignore me so that he could finish playing his game on the computer-that was extremely unprofessional.

• 26th Jul 2015

First of all, we are sorry for the unpleasant time when you checked in and thank you for your time sharing it with us. You are absolutely right. The attitude of the receptionist is not acceptable. We will look into it. The staff deserves a severe admonition. We hope you have had a good time for the rest of your stay in Rome.

I had a great stay in a 8 bed mixed dorm. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable enough and the bathrooms were okay. Only problem was the patchy wifi in the room but at least it worked in the lobby. Overall, I think it was a nice hostel and would definitely recommend it! The location is really good!

Very clean with helpful staff in a fantastic position only 200 yards from the main station. The kitchen isn't fantastic and has little in terms of kitchenware. At least one hob didn't work and cutlery, chopping boards and knives. This however is the only complaint.

Staff were very helpful and kind. Air con in room didn't work and the power point was in a bad spot. Other rooms air con did work though. I liked it I would stay again. The sister hostel had a good terrace party. Easy to meet people for solo travellers. Walking distance to most tourist places in Rome. Along with public transport

The highlight of Hostel Alessansdro Downtown is definitely the staff. AWESOME!! We stayed in 9 hostels this summer and this staff was by FAR the friendliest, the most helpful, the most customer-service oriented. But we were two girls traveling alone and the neighborhood was very concerning for us. Even though just 2 blocks from expensive hotels/restaurants, this part of the neighborhood had a bad urine smell, trash, guys loitering in the streets - we didn't feel safe.

Breakfast is $4 eu and its canned fruit one piece of cheese and packaged lunch meat, not even a croissant Sometimes have to ring two or three times for them to buzz you into building, air conditioning was only on at night, room very stuffy during the day wifi slow, pay a few extra euros and stay somewhere else Have to pay for tours no guide to free tours in Rome

• 22nd Jul 2015

Rooms are cool, clean and comfortable, perfect for resting after a long day of sightseeing. Staff are always cheerful and friendly, ready to help and hugely knowledgeable about Rome, from where to find an atm and opening times of the local supermarkets to more specific questions like how long to expect to wait at the Colosseum. Ovens even arranged us a taxi after we missed our airport shuttle. Only negatives were quality of breakfast and patchy wi-fi and fluctuating water temperature.

I didn't particularly enjoyed my stay as much as I thought. The cleanliness of the bathrooms was very poor and the staff was not the most helpful for a traveller in a budget. I had to discover all the details of the city, as well as the areas to avoid, all by myself. However, the bed was good, the room was big and had air conditioning, which made my stay a little more comfortable. Wouldn't come back and do not recommend it for people on a budget.

I stayed 2 nights in a mixed bed dorm which was quite messy and on the first night there was a power outage and the wifi didn't have a great connection. I stayed again a week later in a different dorm and on a different level which was really nice and clean and the wifi worked really well. The location is great and it's easy to get to anywhere in the city on the metro or buses. The area can be a bit dodgy at night but I never felt too unsafe travelling on my own.

Staff were extremely rude-We were cooking when the kitchen closed (which we didn't know about as there were no signs posted) and instead of telling us the staff just took our pot of food and through it away. The facilities were extremely dirty, especially the bathrooms. Sheets did not feel clean either. We also had a phone charger stolen out of our room during the day. The location isn't bad but the neighborhood around Termini station can be a bit scary for girls walking around at night.

"We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Our staff is trained to maintain courtesy toward every guests. You guys entered into the kitchen when it was closed and after having been informed on check in time about kitchen opening hrs. Sometimes bathrooms may need extra cleaning after busy time. We try our best to keep it always clean. We recommended to use when you stay in a dorm room. At check-in we provide every guest with a fresh sheet. We hope you can come back again. Alessandro's"

staff is extremely friendly and helpful