Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

It wasn't really clean, wifi didn't worked in the rooms and you had to go to the reception to use it, the light sensor on the shower was the worst, you ended showering without light!!! There aren't enough places to connect electronic devices, not even one per bed.

The kitchen could been better, there were not enough utilities for everyone and it wasn't always clean.

A great hostel especially the six persons room, say 204 because I met great people there. Interestingly six persons room that I stayed is even cleaner and much nicer than four persons one, I don't know why. But the former one has better AC, non smelly bathroom, etc. I personally does not old guy and couples that live in youth hostel but I do find many young people open minded and cute!

• 15th Sep 2015
  • China

Literally the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. I'm sure the floor would be better. The place is also ridiculously hot and the AC does not help at all. There's not enough plugs in the rooms. The only redeeming quality is that it's close to the metro. I would suggest staying somewhere else for sure.

Great location just a 5-minute-walk from Termini Station (Rome's central train station). The rooms are big and clean with lockers (bring your padlock). There is a large offer of restrooms and bathrooms: if somebody is "sleeping" inside your room's bath/restroom just go downstairs and you'll find 3 of it beside the reception. Breakfast is not included, it costs 4€ and I think it is worthy. I totally recommend!

Loved Hostel Alessandro! So many good amenities. Lockers in the room, along with hooks and a table & chairs for use. No timed sinks/showers, which made bathing easy. Hooks in the showers. Good location (close to Termini/metro). Ladders for the bunkbeds, a big bathroom, electrical outlets at the bed and laundry/computer services. Also? Very friendly/helpful staff! In terms of cons--no free breakfast, BUT they let you buy it if you want. That's nice.

Great hostel set-up! Very friendly staff, great location and had all the necessities. Only complaint would be that our room had a terrible musty smell to it, but I'm not sure there is much the hostel could do about that.

The 6bed-dorm is located near the reception and dirty bed sheet collection point so very noisy. Please change the outer door and limit your usage of that door during night time.

When I arrived the staff at reception seemed bored. They were helpful, but could have been more welcoming. The security could be better. The key card operated door knob to the fourth floor hallway, where my room located, was useless as the door open without it, even if it did flash red or green when you did use the key card. Otherwise you get your money's worth especially if you participate the hostel club nights.

the hostel is in Termini area which is not the nicest area in Rome. good if you are staying one or two days because you are near train station so you don't have to walk long time to find your hostel. the hostel is in a building where there are local people. at night, you have to be quiet for neighbors. the lift was out of order so I went in the stairs with my luggage. breakfast is not included. the storage of your luggage costs 2 euros for 12hours the day of departure. but no city tax of 3 euros

Location was so close to train station which was great for me. The Wi-Fi was terrible. Really terrible, no one seemed to be able to get on . My biggest issue is that the pillows had been sprayed with some extremely strong smelling spray like a room freshener or something. It was awful, lucky I am.not asthmatic. I tried to air my pillow, but it was too strong. All my night clothes ended up smelling like this. Just horrible and hard to sleep with. Made the whole room smell.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed our cleaning staff may have exagerated with the deodorant spray as the group who stayed the night before you did smoked inside the room (even if it is prohibited to smoke in the buiding..). We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will be careful when the same case would heppen. We appreciate feed back. We have also adjusted the wifi connectivility with our network technitian. Hope you have enjoyed for the rest. Have a nice day.

Nice Place

Hostel is in a good location, rooms are ok, they have kitchen but you cant make breakfast for yourself , you have to buy their breakfast and if you don't buy it, then you are forced to eat somewhere else because kitchen is closed for cooking during breakfast , it is a major inconvenience.

Great time and awesome staff. Able to answer questions and help us get a Cab to the airport.

• 8th Sep 2015

very well located close to the central terminal and eateries. Easy to get to everywhere by a short walk or metro. Staff are fantastic and helpful. thumbs up!

hostel was in an excellent location and staff were reLly helpful especially PJ and Ovens. free sangria was great, 4€ breakfast was not very good. clean facilities but stinky pipes and drains in bathrooms. had a nice stay, close to alot of sights. thanks

It was fine, nothing special, close to the station if you're passing through, but don't expect a social experience.

Good place to visit the town and to use the public services for airport and trains. For the next holy year the area will be safer but now be careful day and night.Hostel is safe with lockers in every dorm but after checkout you have to pay 2 euro. Kind and helpful staff; party tours during the week but some evenings are boring. Checkin at 3 pm. It's possible to cook 16-21 but kitchen facilities are poor.

This is the second time I've stayed here. It's just across from Termini station and walking distance to the main sights. Nice dorms and good kitchen area. The lockers are big but a bit fiddly to use - you need a big lock. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms very well and can really only be used in the common areas.

Good hostel. Very close to termini but in a bit of a gritty area. However it is reasonable close to most of the main sites or the metro is very easy. The staff are a bit impersonal but that's what is expected with a big hostel