Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

+ Location (right by the train station) + Clean + Solid bunks + Had to be buzzed into building (+1 security) - Key cards stop working all the time - Lockers don't accept bigger locks - Lights in bathrooms turn off after 15 seconds (very annoying in the shower) - Breakfast isn't worth it at all - AC leaked some water (fixed on third day) - WiFi was horrible in the rooms. Okay in the lobby.

Very clean spacious rooms with big lockers. Reasonable social space. Big kitchen - cant use in the morning but otherwise good and generally enough space in the fridge. Free sangria was a great idea! €20 for party nights was a bit steep though. Shower often had hair in, could do with cleaning more. Otherwise great place. Would have loved more social activities

I was at Alessandro Downtown for one night and was everything ok. I recomend

Very average at best. Rooms and bathroom had a terrible smell. Hot, no air conditioning in the room. Location was ok, just for being beside a train station and walking distance to the colosseum. Other than that location was a little sketchy. Least favorite hostel I've ever stayed in.

Hostel Alessandro Downtown was perfect, they provide everything you need, the staffs are really friendly and helpful. It was fine, clean, secure and well located. They offer free sangria and free kitchen to use. I loved this place.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Staff gave me good directions and was helpful. The room was ok and it had a private toilet. They organise pib crawls and there are mostly young travellers so it' s fun but also could sleep well when i wanted to. Location is great to move through the city although it' s not so nice at night, but nothing you cant deal with. Breakfast has an extra cost. Overall it was a good experience!

It is convinient,in case people departs from station.

All is comfortable enough for short stay and so clean. Staff was so great, wifi was good. I wish there's electrical plug near every bed

The common area is very nice, and is very big. The rooms were big as well. However the rooms were quite noisy though.

The hostel is not very good located but the worst thing is the staff. They dont know information about the tours, locations or best attractions. They don t want to help you if you have a problem, for example, wi fi was not working and the guy didn t care. Also there were problems with overbooking in my room. The atmosphere is terrible, you can go directly to your room through the elevator so you just don t meet anyone in the commom area because there is no commom area.

I stayed in an eight bed mixed dorm. It was a bit disappointing! There was only one head light in the middle and no socket on each bed to charge phones, cameras or laptops over night, whish should be the standard nowadays. More than that the light in the bathrooms turned itself off after a minute, so that you either had to shower in the darkness or made a step outside the shower, so that it switched itself on again. The location is perfectly close to termini, only a three minute walk.

Pretty good.. Alittle too much like a hotel for me. Not a lot of variety of social events for meeting people outside of your room

Right near termini so great coming from airport via train. Park located close by where I went for runs and exercise. Supermarket also just around the corner which was really good and decent prices. Kitchen ok, not much space in the fridge, ended up just buying food as I went. Good organised events, nice rooms. Good hostel

Excelent place!!! We use a 8 mix bed room and it was amazing. Wish you'll have a great experience too!

We stayed in a double room, with a private bath and a double bed. The ncie thing was, that we got two little bottles of red wine fr free, but unfortunately no glasses. Not a big deal. On the other hand the double bed turned out to being two usual bed just standing together, so that, whenever one moved the bed drifted apart, which was slightly uncomfortable, and not really a double bed. Other than that, the room was fine, clean and the location excellent close to termini for sightseeing.

ohh man this is nice place I took heaps a photos there I still need it to send it to them

Overall good experience! The only problem I had was with the lockers in the room. I brought my own lock but it was too big so I bought one from the staff for €5 and it didn't work! Luckily none of my things were taken while I was gone but I hope they fix that problem soon! Also the taxi that they called for me to take me to the airport tried to charge me €65 for a ride that is supposed to cost no more than €50/55 according to the hostels website. A little far from the center but okay!

Hostel was very nice , very clean , staff was so helpful. The breakfast was really good for 4€. The location is perfect, 10 minutes walking to the colosseo. The staff helps me a lot booking my tours. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 28th May 2015

Pros: great location right by Termini station; walkable to all of the central Rome (the Coliseum is literally 15 minutes away). Bathrooms were clean with huge showers and never smelled bad. Area is a melting pot. Cons: they accidentally cleaned my bed even though I had a few more nights left. I told the front desk people but they just went to my room with me, took down a note, and told me to get a new bed. Just a side effect of not having assigned beds I spose. Also, it's in a grungy area.

It was a good hostel overall the staff were okay could have been more nicier but oh well and I felt safe in the hostel, the bad things were tht it was in a dogy area and people outside were noisy and I couldn't sleep because there was a very loud voice outside coming every 5 minutes but overall it was good.

• 25th May 2015