Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Paid breakfast comes with apportioning of 2 ham and cheese. But overall nice breakfast.

Fantastic reception staff, Clean rooms :)

• 6th Jun 2014

A good hostel, nice location and they are always willing to help you. They always organize grupal activities. I recommend this hostel very much!

This hostel had several issues that would keep me from staying with them again. The hostel is close to the train station which is great for public transportation but the area did not feel very safe especially at night. We stayed in a six bed dorm with an ensuite. The room was large but the AC didn't work which was a big problem since it was 90+ degrees. The ensuite bathroom was convenient but it was very small and there was mold in the shower.

Everything Good! Thanks!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Stayed four nights. Hotel was a good budget hotel for a much younger crowd. Facilities were ok had a bi-polar shower that would change from hot to cold without you changing it. Had a roommate the first night that had a flu like cold which made things uncomfortable in the room. The lockers they provide can only be locked by specific locks which "can be bought in their vending machine". 4.00 Euro for a wash and 4.00 for drying at the laundry facilities, the most expensive I had seen at a hostel.

this hostel is perfect , big rooms, clean bathrooms , kitchen, they offer us a free pasta that day and the next day free sangria. the hostel is 5 minutes walking to the central station and 15 minutes to the city center. thanks to pj and ovens for calling a taxi for me to the airport. I really recommend this hostel. GRAZIE MILLE

• 5th Jun 2014

I've stayed at the Alessandro Downtown hostel four times now, each time in a different room. There really is no consitincy between the quality of the different rooms and bathroom facilities available on each floor. Honestly, it's hit and miss. I've stayed here so many times because it is extremely close to the train station, and therefore very convenient in that sense. The hostel is average at best. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

I recommend this hostel. Nice, clean and kind stuff

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Staff is very friendly, location is perfect, and the atmosphere is amazing!

i love this hostel!!!! rome was really hot that day but they have a good airconditon in the room. they offer also free sangria that night so you can meet a lot of friends from different countries. they also have a kitchen to use. thanks for helping me to book my tour. i hope to stay again in this hostel

• 4th Jun 2014

Maybe sturdier bunk beds. They felt a bit flimsy. Great location!

Hostel was only average based on the amount of money you pay to stay here. Pros: good (free) wifi, free sangria/pasta nights (they don't give you much, but free is free and a great way to meet travelers fellow), spacious rooms, AC unit in room. Cons: no free breakfast, dirty toilets

very nice hostel with good breakfast clean rooms and very helpful staff !!!! they organize a very nice tour and party, close to termini station. this hostel helps lot, thank you guys, see you maybe next year

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hostel was located in the only part of Rome in which I felt even remotely unsafe. Had issues with the showers as the first one I went to didn't have a shower head and there didn't seem to be any cold water meaning I had to attempt to shower in scalding hot water. Wifi only works if you're sitting in the reception area. Hostel seems to have a going out/party vibe so not really the place to stay if you're looking for a clean and quiet place to get some rest.

Good hostel! One thing I like the most is the big room. I was traveling around Europe alone and I always choose female dorm in order to save money. The dorm is actually one of the biggest I have tried which allows me to tidy up my luggage. Just the toilet is a little bit small :p recommend it definitely. :D One point to add: quite close to the stations.

I had WONDERFUL stay Thanks Fil-Man!

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Downtown Hostel is easy to locate. The staff was very great (Filmer-Jerry) they made my stay perfect. Their room are very clean and good bathroom - lots of water :) kitchen was available for cooking. Thanks!

• 28th May 2014

This hostel was super chill and staffs were really cool. They were more like friends than just staff and guest relation. The shower was always hot which is what most travelers are looking for. The location is not too far from the city center and it's close to the metro so traveling around wasn't too difficult. I made a ton of friends during my stay. With kitchen, good breakfast, and very clean. Would definitely come back here.

• 28th May 2014

Great place near the train station but maybe a bit far from the main attractions. Free pasta or sangria almost everyday, which is really nice. They should include breakfast in the price tho, because the extra they charge for it is not worth it at all.