Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Very nice people, clean rooms and bathrooms. Beds are comfortable. I would stay again!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

this was amazing hostel they got everything i need, print,place to stay,computer room laundry luggage room,kitchen common room etc.and they give me a discount in restaurant name bramble that restaurant is really nice and so modern love to stay here

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

cool staff free sangria and kitchen is awesome idea will comeback

• 5th Mar 2015

Clean, beautiful hostel and in great location near the metro. Staff are helpful. I reccomend this place

• 4th Mar 2015

friendly staff and spacious hostel

• 4th Mar 2015

The hostel is well located, a few blocks from termini station. They offer free aperativo. 24 hrs reception. staff are all nice and helpful. They have a lockers in the luggage room that you can use also after the check out. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Just 5 minutes from Termini Station. No noise from the street at night. Clean kitchen and bathrooms. Enough space in the dorm + clean toilet. Large common area and 24h. reception. Breakfast is 4 euros. Lockers are 2 euro but very safe. Internet could be faster.

Nice place, cheap, free sangria night. Throw in a clean bed, and some potatoes and baby you got a stew goin'.

Really nice place and staff was accommodating. The location is super close to Termini station which can be good since several trains and buses leave from that station, but at night it's not safe especially for women.

the kitchen and the internet connection was terrible. When I go to a hostel I demand a good wireless internet connection in order to check emails and communicate with my family 24/7. The kitchen is also a very important place in a hostel in order to save money and to cook your own food whenever local is not of your taste. Unfortunately, the queue for cooking was too long due to the fact that only one guest could use the kitchen . Additionally, the kitchen was not well equipped.

I really enjoyed my stay, rooms and bathrooms are clean, big common room. The staff can help you printing your tickets. It was a wonderful experience!!!

• 28th Feb 2015

The major issue was, through no fault of Alessandro's, there was a large police presence outside because of strikes. At minimum 50 officers were blocking the two entrances to the block.

• 28th Feb 2015

You guys were awesome. Thanks! :)

Great hostel to stay. Staff are friendly. Clean rooms and bathrooms. NO CITY TAX to pay. I will go back again in this hostel

• 27th Feb 2015

Located in a dirty part of Rome (but only two blocks from Rome Termini) this is a good place to save money but also be close to the main city and train station. They have a good/large common room but everything else is average or a little worse than average. The bedrooms and bathrooms were sketchy and smelly but there were lockers available. It is worth the price if you can deal with the aforementioned remarks.

It was a perfect stay. location is good 5 mins. from termini station and also a 15 minutes walking to colloseo. I arrived early in the morning and they let me drop my things off in the luggage room. Staff help me planning my day in rome. i will defenitely comeback in this hostel

• 26th Feb 2015

This hostel was just OK. It was safe and secure, but lacked atmosphere for me. And a couple times when I needed to talk to someone at the front desk, I had to go find them because they were in the back room. There is also construction going on, so if you arrive after traveling all night, be prepared for a little noise during the day. Didn't feel homey to me...

A fairly decent hostel for a good price. A bit too much of a party hostel for my taste. The thing is when you stay in rome try to stay as far away from the termini as possible. Two guys tried to rob me the first night there right infront of the hostel where you will find alot of shady people, this was around 8 in the evening. The price will go up but for an obvious reason. The staff were really nice to me but i saw them being rude to others. Pay a bit more and go down town.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the free SANGRIA and i met a lot of people that night, thanks alessandro downtown

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Good Location, you can reach almost everything by foot. Value for the money is ok, staff is friendly. Nice common area which was always full with lots of interesting travellers! I almost got mugged right in front of the hostel door, though! So be careful, especially at night!