Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Pros: great location right by Termini station; walkable to all of the central Rome (the Coliseum is literally 15 minutes away). Bathrooms were clean with huge showers and never smelled bad. Area is a melting pot. Cons: they accidentally cleaned my bed even though I had a few more nights left. I told the front desk people but they just went to my room with me, took down a note, and told me to get a new bed. Just a side effect of not having assigned beds I spose. Also, it's in a grungy area.

It was a good hostel overall the staff were okay could have been more nicier but oh well and I felt safe in the hostel, the bad things were tht it was in a dogy area and people outside were noisy and I couldn't sleep because there was a very loud voice outside coming every 5 minutes but overall it was good.

• 25th May 2015

We booked this hostel last minute. It was very clean and the staff was really friendly and helpful! It was also super close to the train station, near restaurants, and about a 30 minute walk from several historical sites.

Only stayed one night. No complaints, would stay again. Convenient location for late night arrivals/early departures.

Kudos to Kuya Elmer, JM and Jay for being helpful and accommodating. The room is ok but the Filipino staffs are amazing! Thank you very much! :-)

The hostel is a very short walk from the Termini station, but the Termini station isn't exactly close to the tourist sites of Rome. The room was quite nice. Breakfast is 4 euros. It was a pretty nice breakfast. The staff was pretty good and it was easy to get a good sleep. My only complaint was that sometimes the key cards to our dorm room stopped working (this happened to three of my dorm-mates.) Other than the frustrating key cards, I liked the hostel.

I was a little worried about the location of this hostel, but it turned out to be very conveniently between the Termini station (with Metro stop) and the Colosseum/Forum. The hostel itself is not the fanciest, but the facilities were fine and staff helpful. Possibly the best thing was that the bed frames did not squeak when you moved on them!

Staff were exceptional, They made my stay very pleasant. from reception, cleaning staff and the breakfast guy. I will definitely come back if I stay in Rome.

• 20th May 2015

very good value for money helpful staff and friendly bramble is really nice restaurant will definitely comeback

• 20th May 2015

a very comfortable bed and a good value for money

• 19th May 2015

good stay in total free sangria party informative staff spacious room liked it

• 19th May 2015
  • Colombia

Great hostel. Very close to the train station, close walking distance to the ancient city. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds and good facilities.

the staff is really helpful specially jerry like the way they treat the guest will definitely comeback

• 18th May 2015

good stay the staff"s will make your stay pleasant the bramble restaurant is my favourite restaurant in rome try to visit then you will see why thanks alessandro :)

• 18th May 2015

They nickel and dime you for everything. Instead of just placing your luggage in a room after you check out, they make you put it in lockers for 2 euros. The breakfast costs 4 euros but was pretty average. They accidentally put me in the wrong type of room but made up for it by giving me a free breakfast one morning. The staff was very accommodating and sympathetic. The location was good next to the Termini and was helpful for getting to wherever you needed to go. Sketchy area around though.

good services liked this place free sangria is a really good idea already recommend to my friends

• 17th May 2015

my first time in the hostel normally i always take a hotel but when i stay in this hostel i felt more service than a hotel this hostel is really fantastic i will come back for sure

• 17th May 2015

a very pleasant stay the staff is willing to help to every guest and i like the new restaurant bramble this is a real italian food i will definitely comeback in this hostel

• 16th May 2015
  • Chile

This hostel was great because of the location, price and atmosphere, the only thing that I didn't like was that they offered lockers for only 12 hours which unlocked once your time was up so it was hard to find a good time to lock things.

• 13th May 2015

Conveniently located, clean, great staff. Secure luggage deposit for 2€ only. I enjoyed my stay.

• 12th May 2015