Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

The location might not be the safest but it's like any other big city where being close to the train station gets a bit dangerous at night but the hostel is nice, breakfast is not free, towels not included, lockers inside the rooms, the outlet connections were not close to your bed. Overall good experience

It was a convenient spot for one night

My girlfriend and I were happy with our 4-night stay here. The facilities are fine (though the water temperature in the showers could be a tiny bit finicky sometimes), but the internet was a bit spotty. I could only get online about 1/3rd of the time. It's nice and close to Termini station, meaning most of the main attractions are walk-able. As for atmosphere, we, like many visitors to Rome, didn't really spend much time at the hostel because we were out all day every day taking in the city.

Okay, but not brilliant. Did the job in terms of somewhere to shower and sleep, but was glad that I was only staying there for two nights - convenient location and relatively cheap if you only need one or two nights, but probably worth spending a bit more money if you are looking to stay in Rome for any longer.

Great location!

The staff was welcoming and upgraded my arrangements from a 8 to 6 person room. The facilities were clean and the wifi was good. As a female traveler, the area around the hostel (Roma Termini) was a little sketchy at night, but overall it was a good hostel experience.

Really good hostel where I stayed for three nights. It looked clean, rooms were spacious and air conditioned. The service was good. This property is located very close to the main public transport station of Rome, Termini Station. Great place and would definitely go back there if I'm ever back in Rome any time soon!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • India

Great value or money.

Short walk from Termini train station makes it easy to get to/from. Metro station a block away but we just walked everywhere and enjoy Rome's vibe. Room and beds were ok, kitchen was good although a bit small for the size of the hostel. Staff was ok but felt more like a number than a person when checking in/out. Still good value for Rome.

Had an amazing time at Alessandro Downtown! The staff were friendly, and the pub crawl is definitely recommended!! I will stay here again :)

The hostel itself is located in a good area, just 5 mins away from the main station but that's it only real selling point. We arrived and the hostel staff were not very welcoming. Over the next few days, we realised the hostel was full of older men and there wasn't really a great atmosphere. There was a social room but at €2 for a beer can, it's better to go out a buy your own. Also the hostel just seem to need updating, old decor, mosquito's in the shower and no plug sockets by your bed!

Amazing people stayed at the hostel. Really central location and provides basic necessities. staff was always willing to help and though it may have not been the nicest- the atmosphere of people made it special and it was secure enough. A solid hostel and I enjoyed my stay.

Was easy to find and very close to station but wasn't in the safest of areas. kitchen facilities arnt great but rooms are nice and big and showers are good.

Hostel is very safe (you have to ring the bell so they let you in the hostel, there are cameras on the hallways plus safe doors to get to the room) however the location near Roma Termini is not very safe because there are a lot of "strange" people walking around it. Location is excellent as far as the site seeing is concerned-all the sites are a walking distance away, however like I said earlier, being near Termini is not the best. Otherwise a very nice hotel, staff and facilities are superb

Nice enough place, I was upgraded to a 6 person female dorm when I arrived for free. Well situated in the city most major attractions in walking distance. Showers were really gross my first night and they have those buttons you press every 10 seconds to keep the water flowing. Everything was clean the next day so maybe just a one off. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lockers annoying as you need some kind of massive padlock to lock them so I couldn't secure my bag in them.

Rooms were good with air con too which was great. Only really met the people that were in my room. Location was very convenient, especially close to train station, though this area didn't necessarily feel the safest (you should be careful anywhere in the city though anyway). Good value for money, especially as they don't charge you any city tax on top of the shown hostelworld price, which a lot of Rome hostels will do.

Great location! kitchen facilities were disappointing but rooms were very comfortable

Good location near train station. We stayed 2 nights and that was enough, pretty noisy.

Unfortunately the bed was too soft, which made my back hurt the next day. Otherwise everything else was great! Wish I could have stayed longer, and tried out the free Sangria night!

The hostel is in a bit of a sketchy/dirty area which doesn't add to the feeling of your experience here, outside neighborhood has heaps of graffiti, rubbish. The staff are trying too to be nice and friendly, but it was definitely not coming natural to them. Had problems with wifi here, I had to sit down in the lobby for it work, none in bedroom. Don't buy one of their stupid small padlocks for the lockers in the room, just bring your own.