Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Cool and nice hostel. Near the center and train station. Free computers to use kitchen and luggage room. Thanks Alessandro Downtown

• 29th Jun 2014

Clean, helpful staffs, very good location! I enjoyed my stay even if it was only one night!

Having lived in Rome for 8 months and coming back a visitor for the first time this is a nice hostel. Very clean with huge rooms.

Awesome opportunity to meet people. Loved free sangria nights.

Booked 8rm mixed but they screwed up res. they took care of it, which was good-but said it was our fault when it wasn't. Bathrooms are pretty gross. Location is near termini and major tourist sites but a terrible area for affordable and good food, because all the restaurants are the ones catered to tourists (overpriced and low quality). Wouldn't stay there again because of that. Wifi was rocky. Good b/c put in private room-otherwise stay would've been less pleasant. Won't book here again though

Great location! Right next to the train station and a short walk to the colosseum. The hostel had pub-crawls etc. which was a great way to meet everyone there. the common room was big, but the kitchen was quite small. I had to cook my own meals because i couldn't eat the group meals and they wouldn't let me cook when they were in there. Big rooms, big secure lockers and a yummy breakfast that was included! good value for money - hard to find in Rome!

Clean big hostel, wifi in the rooms, kitchen and free sangria. Thanks to your cleaning staff who found my iphone and the reception who always help me booking and printing my boarding pass. You guys made my trip easy

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Georgia

I would say that this is the best hostel!!! they helped me sorting out my problems with my luggage to the airport. The hostel is clean and well decorated. Wifi is free, kitchen to use and luggage room free to use after the check out. i will be back again. thanks

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Puerto Rico

It's near the main train station so that makes it easily accessible when coming back late at night, like I, and may others staying there did after the Arcade Fire concert!

I only stayed one night as I was passing through Rome to Naples, but the place is great. Very easy to find, and very close to the station. I went for a run in the morning and wound up at the Colosseum - so the sites are not far away. Staff were lovely. The rooms and bathrooms were surprisingly clean!

The hostel staff weren't very friendly and were quite slow so there was always a line at the front desk, making it really difficult to ask the staff for advice or help. The luggage room wasn't locked so I didn't feel comfortable leaving my luggage there. The rooms were spacious and the free spaghetti and sangria was nice to meet people!

Good place, the staff have not enough time to attend you.

The hostel is located 5 minutes away from the central station ( TERMINI ) and 15 minutes walking to Colosseo. Rooms are big and clean. They have a kitchen to use and fridge to store your foods.Staff will help you for everything, Thanks.

• 19th Jun 2014

This is the hostel i am looking for!!! the staff will help you for everything, thanks guys for helping me to book in galleria borghese.It was a wonderful stay

• 19th Jun 2014

I think you just don't get good value for money in Roma... We felt a bit too much like stupid tourists that need to be motivated for every activity organised... what isn't usually what you're looking for when staying in a youth hostel, sad!

Pros - The staff were friendly and efficient Close proximity to historical sights Cons - The kitchen is pretty bare, only a couple of pots and cups, very few knives and forks Security wise - the room where you can leave your bag is unattended and anyone can walk in there at all hours of the day

Nice and cool staff, convenient place to stay. I will be back again

• 17th Jun 2014

a great hostel to stay, near to termini station, supermarkets banks etc. and the very best thing is walking distance to the center. Staff are nice, clean rooms and bathrooms. They also have a cool AC and free kitchen to use. I love the tour and party that they organize. Thank you again!!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Hostel poorly located. Staff not prepared! Hired a night tour, I was not properly informed about the meeting point. I tried to cancel or go the other day, the employee was not been dedicated to solve my problem. I lost 20 euros. Would not return and would not recommend this hostel. Hostel mal localizado. Equipe não preparada! Em tour noturno, não fui informado sobre o ponto de encontro. Tentei cancelar ou ir no outro dia, o funcionário não mostrou-se dedicado a resolver o meu problema.

it was a great stay. I recommend this hostel

• 16th Jun 2014