Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

very nice hostel with good breakfast clean rooms and very helpful staff !!!! they organize a very nice tour and party, close to termini station. this hostel helps lot, thank you guys, see you maybe next year

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hostel was located in the only part of Rome in which I felt even remotely unsafe. Had issues with the showers as the first one I went to didn't have a shower head and there didn't seem to be any cold water meaning I had to attempt to shower in scalding hot water. Wifi only works if you're sitting in the reception area. Hostel seems to have a going out/party vibe so not really the place to stay if you're looking for a clean and quiet place to get some rest.

Good hostel! One thing I like the most is the big room. I was traveling around Europe alone and I always choose female dorm in order to save money. The dorm is actually one of the biggest I have tried which allows me to tidy up my luggage. Just the toilet is a little bit small :p recommend it definitely. :D One point to add: quite close to the stations.

I had WONDERFUL stay Thanks Fil-Man!

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Downtown Hostel is easy to locate. The staff was very great (Filmer-Jerry) they made my stay perfect. Their room are very clean and good bathroom - lots of water :) kitchen was available for cooking. Thanks!

• 28th May 2014

This hostel was super chill and staffs were really cool. They were more like friends than just staff and guest relation. The shower was always hot which is what most travelers are looking for. The location is not too far from the city center and it's close to the metro so traveling around wasn't too difficult. I made a ton of friends during my stay. With kitchen, good breakfast, and very clean. Would definitely come back here.

• 28th May 2014

Great place near the train station but maybe a bit far from the main attractions. Free pasta or sangria almost everyday, which is really nice. They should include breakfast in the price tho, because the extra they charge for it is not worth it at all.

everything is good, staff was awesome and helpful , toilets and shower are clean and ready to use 24 hours, this is a party place for young people.

• 26th May 2014
  • Argentina

It was how I expected. Close to the train station, clean rooms, secure. They try to help you with different trips and they do have different free things in different nights. I didn't had time for any of this but I would stay again more next time ...

• 26th May 2014
  • Romania

Very efficient and well-equipped. Great location too, although getting lost made for a couple of arduous walks home! The hostel is enormous so despite the organised nights out it ended up feeling a bit soulless and mechanical. There are probably better places to stay in Rome but this one is perfectly ok.

Staff was really kind of robotic i stood at the front desk for 5 min with no one in front of me before being helped. The bed were comfortable but i left with bug bites on my legs and back. Not bed bug!!! Saying that just to be fare. No screens on the windows and people always leaving food out in the rooms

The staff were friendly, accommodating and nice. The facilities are standard- clean showers and toilets- (pretty big showers though so that was a bonus) . Key card security lock always makes me feel comfortable and yep- the breakfast looked delicious every morning!

• 25th May 2014

This place is amazing! All staff (Filmer and .. forgot the other names ) were super dooper friendly, Facilities and rooms were clean and comfortable. Sangria night was awesome, always something on and great way to meet people. Was supposed to stay 1 night, ended up staying a week. Close to station and to a metro stop and staff tell you everything you need to see in Rome. Dont look past this place, it is well worth the money and I will be coming back. Thank you for the AMAZIIIIING times guys.

• 25th May 2014

Excelent place, everything was good!

Clean and secure hostel near the main train station in Rome. The location is ideal for the Colosseum and Roman Forum, but a little bit more of a walk into the other sites of the city. Breakfast was fairly basic for 4 euros, so I did not pay for it. There are plenty of supermarkets around to buy food and use in the kitchen. The only 'lounge' type space is a few sofas in the reception area which is a shame, the chairs in the 'dining room' are a bit too hard to sit on for a long time!

The staff (Filmer) welcomed you with a guide about Rome highlighting on a map where to go how long it will take, the room was really clean and a good size enough room for each person to have their own space. Had own safes. Bathroom was clean! You can cook on their kitchen and a BIG Refrigerator, Good stay very good value for money! I am impressed!!!

• 23rd May 2014

Excellent hostel! I would definitely stay there again! The common room is soooo nice, and the kitchen is useful for budget travelers, the internet is perfect (I could Skype from the bedroom AND common room), Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable and although I was in the 8 bed bedroom.The afternoon staff was great, very friendly and helpful and gave me a FREE Sangria, Thanks Guys! See you next year!

• 23rd May 2014

I liked it and I would stay again. Many toilets, showers and they looked all clean. The common area could be improved, looks like a cafeteria, but hey, it exists at least. The area is a guy that works during the night, he tends to yell and not be as kind when you arrive late, even though there is no curfew... Apart from that, all is excellent.

I had a really great stay at Downtown Hostels, I would recommend it to anyone! Also the staff were extremely fun and helpful! The atmosphere was amazing which made it very easy to meet new people. My last night was awesome, we had a bunch of sangria and the staff did really well to keep the games going and keep everyone involved. Big ups to Filmer for that! Cheers!

• 22nd May 2014

This was a fantastic! hostel to stay at we had a real time and the filipino staff were great Filmer, Jerry and PJ were fabulous and made our trip so enjoyable there happy bubbly personalities made it even more enjoyable. They served free sangria every friday and the breakfast is good for €4.00. great place will highly recommend it to friends.

• 22nd May 2014