Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Location is right next to a train station that you take from the airport. 15 min walk to the colloseo and pretty much the city center. A guy named PJ was very helpful in arranging for me to see the colloseo and the Vatican. Thanks bud.

I would be nice to have a bigger locker!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Cool staff, always willing to help. Rooms are big and clean. Thanks to the cleaner who found my necklace. See you again

• 9th Apr 2015

Very nice hostel to stay. Lots of activities and nice people. Staff are helpful. they have also a laundry room. I recommend this place.

• 8th Apr 2015

The hostel is located very close to Termini station and the metro lines. The area itself was rundown and a bit shady, especially at night. Most of the staff is very welcoming but not very accommodating when problems arose. The 4 Euro breakfast consisted of bread and cheese, cereal, coffee, and fruit. Not horrible but definitely would have been better if it was included in the price. All in all a pretty average stay. Nothing too wonderful but also not horrible either.

WIFI SUCKSSSSSSSSS!!!! The location was pretty good and I loved the sangria nights so much. However the lack of wifi killed me as I had work assignments due that I could not submit. Clean rooms, nice full time staff. Quite a hike up to the 4th floor.

The ONLY negative thing about this place was the fact the lights when out in the shower after about 30 seconds and then you couldn't see anymore. Everything else was perfect. Thanks!!

This was my first experience with a hostel and it was wonderful. We were a little skeptical about the location, especially at night, but overall it's vicinity to Termini was a god send. The facilities, staff, and quality of backpackers was great! Awesome atmosphere, great breakfast, and tour booking services were incredibly helpful. In particular, PJ was an awesome staff member and helped us with all our needs including mapping our way throughout the city. 9/10. Definitely would stay here again.

It was a great stay with alessandro downtown hostel. Perfect location, near the main station ( TERMINI ). No city tax hostel. staff are nice. Good breakfast for 4€. They organize lots of activities like Sangria and night out party, Tours etc. Good job.

• 7th Apr 2015

Clean :) friendly staff. The breakfast is 4euros and not worth it, but it was safe and clean. Awesome bathroom facilities. No complaints :)

Very cranky and unhelpful staff at the front desk.

• 6th Apr 2015

I stayed 4 nights at this hostel in Rome and I actually had a pretty great time due to the fact that I got to meet so many new people! I made quite a few friends at this hostel and it was so nice that they hosted free sangria nights or party nights with the other hostels as well. My bed was comfortable, but I did wish they would clean the toilets and showers a bit more, but other than that my stay was great. The staff were really nice, helpful, and friendly as well. :)

Everything was great, it would be even better if the breakfast was a little more.

• 6th Apr 2015

The best location! Walking distance to every important spot in Rome. Nice rooms, friendly staff, breakfast is buffet and costs 4 Euro.

Clean hostel very close to the central train station. Big downside is the staff. I have seen several different staff members at front desk and all of them obviously lost their enthusiasm about their job and were either rude or indifferent towards questions.

really happy about the hostel would totally recommend it to others we had a really nice room; with a bathroom!! (that is not what we paid for, so we were very happy & suprised)

I felt everything about the hostel was great. The only thing I didn't like was that they charged four euros for their breakfast which was not even close to worth it. If you stay here go buy some groceries for breakfast or stop somewhere else.

This hostel was okay, but I wasn't the biggest fan. Although it was literally a five minute walk from the train station, I didn't really like the area it was in, there were times at night that I felt uncomfortable walking back to the hostel. They had laundry services, which, had I needed them, would have been great, however it's 4 euros for the washer, another 4 for the dryer and you had to buy the soap. So I felt like it wasn't worth it to use them.

This is one of the better hostels I've stayed in. everything was clean, key card access, excellent decor and furniture, and staff was friendly. I encourage the hostel to increase WiFi coverage on the rooms. It works, but is spotty. That can make or break a hostel experience for travellers trying to book their next destination!

Decent place, but only two showers and two toilets per floor. To take a shower you have to push a button continuously to keep the water going, and the toilets don't work very well when the showers are running. One night the water stopped working completely, leading to pretty disgusting bathroom situations. Also the wifi only works in the lobby, if at all. And they charge for storage in the luggage room (which isn't even locked!) and other small things. Other than that, it's fine.