Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

They are pros. Great for a quick night in Rome.

Good location next to Termini, but almost all hostels in Rome have that privilegie. The staff was very helpful and the facilities were always clean and useful. The computers they offer are too old and too slow. They might save you in an emergency, but you should have a plan A. The hostel is full of floors and stairs, but there is an elevator for those who have patience. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

Brilliantly close to the main train station (Termini), which meant getting round was a lot easier. Had pretty much everything you'd want from a hostel in terms of facilities. wifi was a bit slow to connect. friendly staff. has an option to put luggage in secure storage for 12 hours for 2 euros with a key-in code, which was great (or you could just leave it in the luggage room for free). rooms were pretty standard and clean.

this was a great place to stay. the staff was friendly and they have a lot of events to meet others in the hostel. great location, beds were better than most hostels and the bathrooms we're clean/functioning. I recommend this to anyone staying in rome.

Very close to the train station which is where the 2 metro lines meet so very easy to get to anywhere in the city. The 6 bed dorm we stayed in was very spacious with good lockers/storage. Wifi in the rooms was a bit iffy at times. Staff were friendly and events were organised such as free sangria night and bar crawl which was a good chance to meet others in the hostel. Very close to Alessandro Palace hostel where we went one night which had a bar and roof terrace. Good value for money.

Ha. So I guess this place is more about personal taste than anything I can really suggest. But here's what I thought of it anyhow. Location is brilliantly right next to the main station - but the area itself is majorly dodge. Not that I got killed or mugged there at any point - but still watch your bag/back. The facilities are pretty bog standard, toilets and showers work -Bonus. Can't say I didn't not enjoy my stay here, ultimately anywhere in Rome is pretty basic. Hey, it was fun.

I really enjoyed my stay at Alessandro Downtown Hostel. The hostel is ideally located in the center of Rome, three blocks from Termini Station and about twenty to thirty minutes walk from all the main attractions. The hostel was super clean with great bathroom and kitchen facilities and lockers for every guest. The staff are super friendly and helpful and even posted a letter to me in Venice. Although it is located in Termini which has a reputation of being a dodgy area I had no problems.

This hostel was close to the train station, but far from the sights in Rome. The room was really large and nice, the bed was comfortable, and the wifi was great!

Actual hostel was fine, good value for money but it is in a dodgey location. Its right near the metro but I didn't feel safe in the area.

I loved the hostel. It was clean, the staff were very helpful and located right beside the train station. Only negative wifi didn't work in the rooms at all.

Overall a good experience - in my travels I have found that very few hostels ask for a key deposit and I found it a little disappointed that this one did, especially when the keys were in such bad shape (mine was close to snapping in half) and hardly worked well, we had to bring it down to have it re-programmed a couple of times. Also for this same price range, many other hostels have breakfast included.

It's in the second floor so just go right up. Confused at first about where the check in desk was at first.

Very friendly staff. Love the building sercurity. The area it is located in is OK at night, however can be a little sketchy for two females coming back late. They have cheap lockers available to store luggage for 2EUR for 12 hours since we showed up before our room was ready. Provided towels and a blow dryer in the room! Downfall - paid for private room and it was located beside an all male 8 person room which ended up breaking out in fist fight at 3AM and no staff member came to settlle it down

• 22nd Jun 2015

Wifi kept cutting out in the rooms. Staff was helpful though. Noise wasn't controlled well as there are multiple stories that the hostel is on. Breakfast not worth the 4euro as there are tons of great restaurants right around the corner. Great location though, within 30minute walking distance from most attractions such as the colosseum.

Had a little trouble finding the place because it's called a Downtown Hostel, not Alessandro, but no big deal. Great place to begin exploring Rome from, walkable to everywhere. Good expat scene. Cheap food nearby. Not so great for doing tours through the hostel. Staff nice but not overly professional. Card key in door a real problem for everyone.

Very nice hostel! Clean, helpful staff, right next to the train station. Only thing is it's not by any of the main attractions so it's quite a walk to get anywhere!

Good location near Termini. Staff was helpful. Rooms locked with 24 hr staff so felt safe. Beds were old and flat with no cushion. 6 people and 2 outlets near the door so charging your phone is hard.

Conveniently located near Termini station, although not the best area for walking around at night. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, hot showers, and overall great value for money. I wish the staff had been a little more friendly/outgoing.

It was a great price for a room, it felt very secure and was very close to the center of town. It was clean and the girl at the desk was very nice.

Stayed in 8 person female dorm. Not all the lockers would work with our locks and the bottom bunks were super close to the ground so if you're tall might be an issue. Aside, had a great time here, our bunk mates were awesome and made friend with many people here! Close to Termini which is a must and with in walking to multiple touristy places. Bathroom was very clean and well kept.