Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

The hostel has a lot of activities that you will enjoy ( tours and party....) they have kitchen, internet room, luggage deposit and big common room where you can meet a lot of travellers. staff are nice. wifi is free. overall a Nice hostel

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

First of all, the hostel is extremely dirty, the bathrooms stinks, Staff is rude (with one or other exception), completely disorganized, I arrive and didn't have my bad available (21h in the night), nobody knew each bed was free in the room because everything was a mess.. anyway, wouldn't stay here again.

Served my purpose to sleep in a clean safe place for a nite

The only thing that made me upset was once I was no longer a customer (I asked to leave my bag in a back room until my train ride - which was a service offered to me at check-in) I was spoken down to and not treated well. The Asian man who worked front desk flat out lied to me when I asked to take him up on the offer of keeping my bag in the back room by saying "what room?" It was clear that once i checked-out I was no longer respected or allowed to access their previously offered service.

• 29th Aug 2014

Nice hostel, right near the station and easy to find. Very big, and difficult to socialise as the social space is a dining room, and found it a little strange the oven was locked until 2pm, but had a great stay in Rome. Thanks!

Good location as it is close to the main station. Stayed one night. Satisfied. Would do it again for a short stay.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

You better put more signage in every floor. It is hard for me to find the room 410. Where there is a door before i enter to the corridor which have the room. I didn't know that i need to pass through the door. So better add more signage... that is the basic things.... Also the elevator need to fix.... they are not fully closed while running... check it out...

This is really just an average hostel for me. I chose the hostel based on reviews that it is conveniently located at Termini i.e. the "center". I stayed in a 8-bed dorm with ensuite bathroom, which was just ok. The power sockets are located at a certain section of the room (away from my side of bed) and are limited, it could be better if there's one at each side of bed. There isn't reading light either, so if one have to grope in the dark at night so as not to disturb the others.

If you are doing interrail trip. You dont want to walk long time to arrive hostel. Thats why you should stay here. and staff is very helpfull. Enjoy

Would totally come back here!

It was a great one-night stay for a solo traveler in need of a place to sleep one night and to be close to Roma Termini.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great hostel overall, I highly recommend it. Very clean and conviently located. From the hostel it's only a five minute walk to termini station which has both a metro stop and buses to the airports. I Would stay here again.

Nice dorm room, but bathroom was really dirty. Also had issues with the wifi on the first time night of our stay.

It want anything particularly special, but I would probably stay here again if I came back to Rome. The location isn't very good, although it is close to Termini station, but since it's so cheap, I'm not complaining.

i have a great stay in alessandro downtown. thanks a lot

• 17th Aug 2014

Bad news was that they overbooked our room. Good news was that they gave my friend and I a private room instead. The wifi at this place was awful and we had to haul our luggage up 5 flights of stairs because the elevator was not working. Maybe it was just an off night but overall this place seemed to be very disorganized.

good location, clean hostel and cool staff

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks for your helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel room quite big but shower and toilet in the same room (although could use other toilets on the same floor.) Room was air conditioned which was nice in the hot weather. Very near Roma Termini so very convenient for the metro, but not in the nicest street ever.....

The staff is really good at getting people staying there to intermingle. They also host great parties

• 14th Aug 2014