Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

great location, very cheap price. clean room and comfortable bed. A good choice for staying in Rome.

The desk staff were very unhelpful. When they actually knew an answer to a question, it usually wasn't useful. One night I asked them for a place to eat, and they sent me to the train station food court because they didn't know of any places to eat nearby. The next day I had the best meal of my life at a local, inexpensive restaurant literally two blocks away from the hostel on a street PACKED with great restaurants.

Fantastic hostel with great staff... Good location, rooms and bathrooms are clean. wifi is free and they let you print your boarding pass. thanks for helping guys. i hope to see you on summer.

• 6th Feb 2015

A great value. very cheap hostel with high quality. Remember to bring a lock to lock the locker or you will need to buy a new one. The atmosphere of the hostel is very friendly and location very good.

The room is ok.

Next to Rome main train station, so you can get transport to anywhere you want in the city (a week metro ticket is worthy). Room was good.

Excellent location and service. Free kitchen to use and they offer free sangria. They organize lots of activities like party and tours. Staff are always available to help. Good job guys, I recommend.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Location is great for 1st visit, however, I wont stay there next time: photos are much nicer than actual rooms, hair dryer in bath repeatedly stopped working, not enough space in shower, rooms always smelly of shoes and socks, main doors were closed at night and receptionist didn't respond so I ring someone else to open a door for me, keys to our room were repeatedly failing to work and we couldn't open the doors like 5 out of 10 attempts. I believe hostel down the floor is much nicer to stay in

Pretty good hostel, clean and comfortable with a great location. Very recommendable!

it was my 1st time in a hostel and it was an amazing stay with alessandro downtown. all the staff are very nice and willing to help everyone. i booked in a 8 bed dorm but they allocate me in a 6 bed dorm free upgrade. Excellent location. Would absolutely recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • China

The location is really good, is near from the Termini station where most of buses and 2 metro lines pass, good relation between price and quality, the parties were good and staff too, it was a nice stay

Breakfast wasn't included which was sad, it was available for 4 euro though. They had a well stocked kitchen, one of the best I've seen for a hostel (only half of the stove worked, but it still was good)

Did not spend allot of time around the hostel. Not much in the way of social people aside from the staff during my stay. My stay was during the off season so I am never surprised when this happens. Other then a lack of outlets Near my bunk nothing negative to say.

the kitchen is a little crowded.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • China

The lockers were small and did not fit our packs. Relaxed atmosphere, great for first time or seasoned travelers. We stayed in an eight person room and felt like we had plenty of space. Staff was helpful in answering questions and giving directions.

The bathroom (4th floor) really needs repairs, the showers were really bad (water everywhere but over your head, and it got too hot or too cold) and the sink was leaking. The bedroom had a problem with the air condition, but the staff resolved it as soon as we called them, they were really atencious. The bedroom was ok, but the low beds smelled mold. The location looks bad but it's really near the train station, it's easy to go everywhere, even to the airport (buses beside the station).

• 28th Jan 2015

The only problem was the toilet which become dirty, because it are not cleaned during the evenings, I think they could solve this easily and everybody will stop to complain about it.

Location is a bit far from the city center. The facilities were good and most of the staff was kind. However the man (buzz cut

Wonderful hostel, location is perfect 5 minutes away from termini station. The staff were extremely helpful. rooms and bathrooms are clean. good kitchen facilities. i loved the free sangria. i would definitely recommend it.

• 26th Jan 2015

Very nice hostel. In the begining the erea look a bit scary but it in the end it's o.k. not mant places to go out but good hostel with good atmosphere. They have free sangria nights and the staff are great.

• 26th Jan 2015