Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

A decent hostel with rather basic facilities. The bunk beds are quite small, but at least the dorm rooms are big and don't feel too crowded. Limited use of the kitchen - from 14:00h until 22:00h only. A basic breakfast for 4 € available in the morning. Excellent location - within walking distance to the Colosseum and the Termini train station. Too expensive.

Rome after dark, great value for money, had a wonderful time with them!

The biggest benefits of Hostel Alessandro Downtown are the large shared sleeping rooms, and shared bathrooms that are divided up well to give everyone space for showering, changing, and getting done-up. Unlike many other hostels, here you don't feel like you are elbowing people out of the way to make your own space!

I've stayed for one night and I liked it very much. Very nice and professional hostel.

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel is near to the main train station, which makes it easy to explore Rome. The staff is friendly and smiley. I was out most of the time and only came back to the hostel for sleeping then I do not have any more comment.

The rooms are ok but staff is really understanding and helpful .The place is close to Termini too.

Staff were very helpful in letting me switch rooms. Rooms are spacious with big lockers. Bathrooms are clean, for the most part. Wifi works but is slow, especially at night. There was construction at 8am right outside my first room. And the policy of picking your own bed without indicating which you have chosen causes problems. Very close to train station and walking distance to big sights.

Very helpful and friendly staff. It is always so cool when you can come to reception and chat all night, when you cant sleep :) I liked everything there. A very nice hostel.

Kitchen could use a bit of a clean up, its cleaned daily but has a bit of grime and such in places. Could also use a little maintenance as several taps seemed to be continously dripping. Otherwise good atmosphere, relatively friendly staff and convenient location. Wouldn't bother with the paid breakfast, better off finding a bakery.

the hostel was really really close to termini station and it was really secure, also it was really clean.

• 29th Mar 2014

That was a totally nice stay~Staff is super friendly, especially Uncle. Breakfast :D, location is perfect.

We stayed for three nights in march. Good buffet breakfast, for 4 euros. They are right near termini station, which is nice when you are getting there and leaving, but it is a decently long walk from everything. The staff was very helpful and gave us all the directions we needed. Id probably stay again

i was impressed, the service is very good. rooms are big, clean bathrooms. also you can cook on the kitchen. they offer free luggage room after you check out. just need to improve the wifi connection but its okay

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Wales

it was clean and tidy, everything is good. the receptionist was helpful at all time.

• 4th Mar 2014

This was my first hostel ever and we'll I just wish I could find many more like Hostel Alessandro. I enjoyed this place very much. I would most definitely stay here again, no doubt about it. Friendly staff and clean facilities. Only problem were the beds. They would squeak way to much. Other then that, very cool place to stay at.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, maybe a little too friendly. They kept harasing us about their "party", which from other users reviews was not good, we instead went to our own bars. The main negative was the age of some of the hostel dwellers. I am a 20 year old university student and want to be with people somewhat close to my age, which some where, but there were people in their late 40s there, not what I expected from a hostel. This is an average hostel overall.

• 28th Feb 2014

great hostel, great staff and great nights out. really pleased i chose to stay here and would recommend it to any young traveler looking for good time

• 28th Feb 2014

The hostel and the room was fun and spacious. Beds were comfortable but some a bit rickety. Bathrooms and showers were generally good. My main concern was that the duvet had no cover, and there was only one sheet (for bottom or top?). Good value!

• patch