Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

It was great. We only spent 1 night there but the staff was kind, the people were great. The price is okay I believe for a European capital right around the main station. I usually had cheaper places but I jused to travel in Southamerica. Maybe the Timetable of the shuttle busses to the airport isnt correct anymore. The one at the reception had not the same times like the one that we got at the terra cafe, if I remember right.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Great hostel, comfortable beds and good wifi with a great locations!

Thought my stay was good and the roof top party was good but thought the pub crawl was a waste of money. Don't call some thing an open bar when the drinks have a drop of alcohol in them. I would rather get 2-3 drink tickets and have drinks that actually have booze in them.

Good hostel but didn't like the security or lockers in the rooms. They were small and didn't close right. The rest was great and I had an awesome time on the pub crawl and met some people from the states!

Nice hostel. Good atmosphere in summer thanks to all the parties! Little individual lights next to the bed could be good. (Or at least a bed table for spectacles...it was insecure to put them on the floor)

Nice hostel- definitely has a party atmosphere if you are into that. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Great roof deck and bar, close to everything.

This hostel was what I expected prior to the start of my trip. However, I stayed in 3 other hostels prior to this one and those places raised my expectations so I was a little disappointed in this one. The staff was friendly but didn't put themselves out. The location is fantastic! Cleanliness was lacking. I was surprised (and pleased) with how quiet my room was given the party atmosphere. All-in-all it is a good value.

The room is nice and the streets are very illuminated, no problems with that. This hostel is near Termini station which makes the location good. The shower didn't work, the water in the shower was freezing cold one of the days of my staying. They don't have kitchen and if you want water at night you can't buy cause the reception is in another building near.

The night staff wasn't so attentive and he was a little rude. The morning and afternoon staff was really nice and kind with us.

• 12th Aug 2015

An okay hostel. Although they cleaned every day the ensuing bathrooms always smelled funny and the showers were too small with nowhere to put things while in it. We were okay with it not being a huge party hostel (go to the yellow if that's what you want). The rooftop bar was nice for cheap cocktails. Kinda wish they didn't have someone in the lobby asking you every time you came/went if you wanted to do a pub crawl.. I get enough of people trying to sell me stuff while wandering Rome haha

The guy that organised the pub crawl and social events was amazing and so friendly. Great atmosphere. The guys on the front desk were pretty unorganised had no record of me already paying on arrival and tried to charge me and again on departure? Great atmosphere though to meet people and go out and see Rome

I really enjoyed staying in the hostel. Allowed check in very late, 24 hour reception. Felt secure with multiple locks before the room and lockers big enough for my bag. €5 for a good padlock to keep. Nice common area to meet other travelers, felt very welcome as a solo backpacker. Rooftop terrace was nice too for cheap drinks. Very social, party hostel. Right next to The Yellow so we also went to their bar several nights. Clean rooms and bathrooms every day. Stayed 3 nights and would stay again

Personally loved the staff!! They were awesome! The place is near the bus station, so perfect for moving around. I enjoyed my stay here even though it was short.

i found staff was mocking but may be they are trying just to be friendly but i sensed some kind of sarcastic mood of the staff

Location is excellent and staff were polite and helpful! The blinds of my room were tied by a chain and couldn't be opened; a notice hung on the window said that they were tied for safety reason! So the room was dark even during the day. Are you kidding!!!! I've been doing quite a bit of hostelling and I had never seen such a thing before! Then the 6 bed dorm was not cheap! The luggage storage room was not supervised! Other than the hostel was ok!

If you are looking for hostel near Termini, this is perfect place. The hostel is nice and good thing is with bar where you can relax every evening.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

The Hostel was excelent to host guests. The environment was very friendly and confortable. It is located near to a train station which facilitate the locomotion to the principals sights in Rome. The crews were very helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day. The parties promoted in the roof was cool to talk and meet people. If I come back to rome, I'll stay there again. I only felf unconfortable with the airconditioner installed near to the floor which make the people in the upper bunk feel hot.

This was by far the dirtiest hostel i have ever stayed in. Bugs in the washroom and black mold and grime everywhere. Flooding showers spilling out. 2 full bags of garbage as the maid only comes in if someone checks out. I mentioned this to a couple staff. Neither seemed to care. The staff as a whole are sarcastic and unfriendly unless they are trying to get your money for the pub crawl. The air con sucked, the room was hot and sweaty. Beds uncomfortable. Rooftop patio only benefit of this place

5 Min from Roma Termini station. Decent rooms, fun pub

Location was perfect with good restaurants nearby..Staff were friendly. If you are not that party type person, you would be offended by all the noises and craps after midnight. It was so dark in the room, you barely see anything in the morning, I would suggest to give each bed a little lamp in mixed room and female room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7