Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

There's really nowhere to sit and chill because the bar is closed for cleaning most of the day and you can't bring your own liquor into the only dining area in the hostel. Rooftop patio was nice, but it only really seemed to be open on one night. We also had a ton of ants in our room that took over our snack stash. It's also near the train station which makes things easy but it's not a nice area, very dirty and crowded. The guests at The Yellow looked like they were having fun down the street.

Very fun, friendly staff, lots of activities, easy to meet other travellers!

I was only there for a night but it was a pretty good place. It's a hostel for people who like to party!

Right by the main station, termini this hostel is perfect especially with there only being 2 metro lines in Rome it makes the metro accessible to you, with out a long walk to the metro. Plenty of restaurants and bars around including a fellow hostel and bar The Yellow, just around the corner to the hostel! Some staff were a bit load whilst others were more helpful. We're were in a 8 bedroom dorm for 6 nights. The only faults about the room was the hot or cold shower- can't get one anywhere!

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for that classic "hostel" experience of meeting lots of new people and having some drinks and good times together. The place is clean, safe and fun :). The location is right near Termini, which is convenient for getting transportation both around the city and in and out. Also, it's not all that far to walk to many of the main tourist sites.

• 18th Jul 2014

great staff at reception always helpful

First of all, we've been placed in an annex building that seems forgotten by the hostel, without staff and cleanliness. We asked and they changed us. The second room was better, but lacks in cleanliness, because the duvet wasn't changed at all, neither does the matress' cover. I would not recommend this hostel.

The staff were exceptionally unhelpful in regards to any issues we had. In particular they were unable to return my $50 towel which their cleaner had taken from my bed whilst cleaning our room. This was inexcusable, if a staff member takes an item of mine I expect it returned or to be compensated. There were NO power points available for charging that weren't in use for appliances (A/C, TV, etc) and the shower constantly flooded and was mouldy. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel.

They overbooked their hostel and I had to stay at the sister hostel, which was just as nice. They have bar crawls/parties, if that's your thing. The rooms are spacious, but there's no common room. Computer room and food are available. Pretty cool place to stay. The air conditioning made it all worth it to me.

Excellent location near Termini station. Air-conditioning was a plus. Breakfast (4 euros) wasn't too great, the beds were a little on the poorly equipped side and the bathroom showed some signs of wear. Also to get electricity in the room you had to put in your keycard, which is tricky when you're staying alone in a dorm room with strangers. A decent hostel if you're looking for a party hostel or you simply don't mind that image (I'm the latter).

Everyone was super chill and they have pubcrawls and garden bbqs. Right next to the main train station and a bit of a walk to the colluseum but it's doable

The only thing I really wasn't keen on was having to keep pressing the button in the shower for the water as it made a usually straightforward process more of a nuisance. Aside from that, everything was great!

• 11th Jul 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Good athmosphere, especially for backpackers and people who like to party. The room was good with AC, but had a bit of a damp smell. Altogether I had a great stay though!

Great hostel, nice bar and perfect location. The bathroom wasnt that good and the pub crawl desapointed me (only one bar and a small and crowded club). All other things were very good.

We loved the roof garden and bar, spaces like these make the hostel ideal for a solo traveller as it's easy to meet people. Comfy beds and air conditioning which was awesome! Good location for public transport as well, and the staff are great. Loved the cocktail party on the roof garden where they serve cocktails for 3€ and bruschetta or sausage for 1€. I'd definitely return!

• 7th Jul 2014

Absolutely loved staying here, big rooms, very clean. Very easy to meet people especially with the 3 euro cocktails. Close to everything as well, highly reccomend

• 7th Jul 2014

Really good place to stay!! Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean and the staff are so incredibly friendly! Always have a party on or some way to meet other people in the hostel. Really good and really safe, nice and close to the train station but can easily walk to all the sites.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly - The hostel was fantastic for the price and felt very safe, despite being down a long road from Termini.

• 6th Jul 2014

I really liked this hostel, met a lot of cool people and the staff is absolutely amazing. They really helped me out when I had nowhere else to stay, and I felt really at home. I only wish there was a kitchen and that the patio would stay open longer , also it would be cool if they provided locks. Overall, this hostel is a great home base that provides help and freedom. Walking distance to everything if you're up for it

Staff were very helpful for my 2am checking in. I needed to see an English speaking doctor during my stay, it was no trouble and I felt well taken care of. Facilities are clean, really good value.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7