Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Some of the staff are desperate to sell you the bar crawls, which was fine. But we were charged for entry to the club as well as the fee for joining the bar crawl, which was dishonest on behalf of those administering the event. The hostel is fun though. Rooms are good quality. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful.

Where do I begin. A decent stay. The hostel pub crawl is absolute garbage - do you expect to hold the attention of 50 drunk people who've just met just to give them useful information that will go unheard? Atmosphere is decent, met really cool people but bar is not that great. Facilities are decent. Staff were great, until I asked for a favour dealing with my luggage that one gave me the cold shoulder. Screw that. The pub crawl is horrible, don't do it. Or do it. I can go on about it for a while

Pretty standard hostel. Nothing really to complain about. Wifi was a bit spotty at times but that happens everywhere in Europe. Staff were available all the time so if you ever needed anything help was always there. Friendly staff and guests. Enjoyed my stay.

Nice place, with nice staff, and great ambience for meeting people all around the world.

The staff were a bit rude and made you wait but were friendly enough. Pub crawls were kind of badly set up and went to the most expensive pubs which was silly after paying a solid 20€ entry fee. No kitchen due to the fact that "we should try to local food", Internet was really good. Again with the staff, they need more hands because I waited more than ten minutes every single time.

Great staff...fantastic behavior.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • India

I really liked the social vibe of the hostel, great way to meet people at the bar and they always have some kind of pub crawl event on!!!

This was my second time in Alessandro palace. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is very friendly and the location is perfect because is so close to the principal train station. Definitely I will come back.

Great place, lovely folk. WOuld have liked to stay longer. Thanks

• 27th Sep 2015

Didn't like that spot at all - dirty bathrooms, no kitchen, if you like to party and shower in the dark go there. If you look for something homely and comfortable stay away. Will not go there again.

Rooms were nice enough and staff were really helpful. Pretty close to the center and really close to the train station if that is your type of travel. Very party oriented, so if you're looking for that, it is definitely good! Only downside was the bathrooms wear a little run down. I would stay again!

I had a really great time here! The staff was really helpful and friendly. There were lots of places to eat around and bars. Also, walk from main station was 5 min and totally easy! The only thing I would complain about is the lack of natural light in the rooms. But even that was no problem since I was out all day. Would definitely stay here again.

It was quite a good hostel. Fine location, fine atmosphere, fine facilities but limited common areas and we found caterpillars in the shower. There was only one lamp in the room, no bed lamps. The room was dark and uninviting, there were locks on the shutters so it felt like there were no windows. Delighted to find out that there wasnt a lockout though, despite what this website says. Would look for another hostel If we were to visit Rome again.

Everything was great but they didn't have a kitchen which would have been good. Nice and clean place to stay for a few nights

Staff are very helpful and in a great location

Some people of staff are not very kind and friendly

Not situated in the most interesting area by all means however very close to the main train station. Fairly average hostel experience.

Good location really close to train station, 4-bed dorm was a very basic small room but when in Rome you can't expect the height of luxury when trying to live on a budget!

Had a great time! The hostel is in a good location - commutable to both local metro and termini station & from the famous sights of Rome. Rooms were good & well maintained, although the air conditioner was not working. The ambience, people, pub crawl, the lounge and nearby pubs and restaurants were all just perfect like i wanted for my stay!

Great location. Just meters from the Termini train station. This made it convenient to quickly access all the attractions. The room and showers were extremely small but as we were not there to stay in a room all day it worked out well. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. Michael helped us with directions and tickets as well as making us a special shot. The bar and the roof top seating area is perfect for relaxing after ta long day. I would recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7