Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

First time in Roma, i had a good stay here :) They had a cocktail party in the night I was there. Fun, with cheap cocktail, and bruscheta aswell :) I will be back for sure

• 18th May 2015
  • Pakistan

Spent one night here and really loved it. Great hostel with fun things to do and party

• 18th May 2015

When we got there we were immediately greeted by a guy named Mike who soon became our absolute favorite staff member in the hostel - he's the best! Hostel was fun, definitely safe and had a pretty cool bar. We loved the location as it was so close to the metro and bus station. We stayed in the building across the street from the main reception area (the hostel has 2 buildings) & the only problem was that the hallway and connected bathroom smelled sometimes. Plus the room was quite warm at night.

• 16th May 2015

great all round. clean. great social aspects and location.

The Ho(s)tel is well located. The rooms are not really clean. But you can not find an ambiance of a hostel. They offer some parties but I do not recommend. You are in a group of tourists and you follow their indications as a sheep. I didn't like it.

• 14th May 2015
  • Turkey

nice place. staff was really good and helpful. location was good and it's clean. close to the train station.

I went to there with my family (4 persons total). At the second night I found some black round insects in my bed. The staff was very helpful to solve this problem. They changed all the beds from the room and gave a refund of one night (we stayed 5 nights). Despite the attention and care staff, my body is now covered of red dots and it ruined my weekend there. They asked me apologize for the inconvenience by it wasn't enough and I don't recommend this place.

Friendly, helpful staff (particularly Carlos at reception) who made a real effort to ensure guests had a good time. Disappointed by lack of kitchen facilities and poor levels of cleanliness and comfort in the rooms. Bramble Bar and kitchen was pleasant but did not suit a backpackers budget requirements. Also service there in the morning was appalling.

GOOD LOCATION. great hostel, rooms are clean and they have some cool activities every night so you can't get bored

• 12th May 2015

Excelent stay at Alessandro. Fun hostel to meet people and partyyyyyy

• 12th May 2015

The lockers were broke, the staff has been really short-spoken and the atmosphere has been exhausting. I would choose another hostel next time..

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear that you did not find comfortable staying with us. Also sorry we do not speak German but it is a quite difficult language. We have to beg your understanding. Regarding the locker it was not broken. It could be found slightly complicated when a guest uses for the first time. We wish you could have just asked us on how to use it. Thank you for your feedback. Kind regards,

Great hostel, great for party, for meeting new people. Rooms spacious and clean. Stay was superb

• 10th May 2015
  • Turkey

Pro's: -Location -Staff -Pub Crawls -clean rooms -roof-top Great hostel overall

• 10th May 2015

Very close to Termini station. They have secured lockers which you can use after the check.out, which was great. The room I was in was very spacious and clean. Very nice bar downstairs and the staff are VERY FRIENDLY. They will tell you anything you wanna know.

• 8th May 2015

Nice hostel with fun staff. They were really friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms were clean and almost felt like a hotel with the on suite bathroom. They have a rooftop terrace and a bar where you can hang out. We met people really easily and had a great stay here !

It's a great hostel to meet new people, to hang out and have high quality time. Roof-top very beautiful and spacious.

• 7th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

I love stay at Alessandro Palace. Staff great, location perfect, room clean and beautiful. They help me book a tour for Vatican citty. Italy again, Alessandro Palace again

• 7th May 2015
  • Romania

I stayed in this hostel for 4 days, actually I am very shocked by the ratings of hostelsworld! They gave it 86% and doesn't deserve it. The staff were not so friendly, its not so clean, the shower was very poor, the facilities were poor, no computers to use, no common area (just the roof top, which made my stay there nice!) and most importantly tge staff tgey just want to squeeze every cent from you!!

Great location however washrooms were dirty and felt grimy. There was a constant odd smell in the room and washroom. The hostel only provides a pillow case and linen for the bedsheet, no linen is provided for the blanket which did not feel that clean as well. Overall, it is a decent hostel but would not recommend as your first choice.

• 6th May 2015

Me and my brother had a great stay here. Fun hostel, great rooms, very clean. Perfect place to make friends and have fun. Great great deal for the Saturday Night Out event. Thank you for everything.

• 6th May 2015