Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

there is no kitchen for self preparation of meals , you have to pay for each meal , breakfest is not for free like other hostels

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Algeria

Crew is ok not overjoyed with your visit but ok. They got some events going on and they offer a discount on the breakfast at the neighbor restaurant which is very recommendable! Instead of their own €2,- cereal breakfast. The room is nice and clean right next to yellow without the noise and way better facilities! Yes I would recommend this place to anyone!

I thought it was great, had everything I look for in a hostel.

I stay 3 night at this hostel . It was funny. Party was good.

I think it's hard to find an excellent hostel in Rome. Good location (near Termini) and very nice The Bramble Bar (good place, food and price). No atmosphere in the hostel.

i can say that the guys at the reception, they are all kind and helpful! well run hostel, clean and decent. breakfast was great, offer discount even at dinner, the restaurant besides them. they also have parties on the bar inside the hostel. i think it will try to comeback again next summer as you guys suggested! mille grazie!

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

it was good, free wifi, free room upgrade! very friendly receptionist.. the bar inside the hostel was perfect, and the breakfast at the bramble was awesome! discounts! thank you!

• 9th Dec 2014

Good quality hostel. Dorm room had space to move, staff was helpful and there were many sockets available. Close to Termini station, which is useful. No common room/lounge, though and security is now the best one (anyone can walk in and to the luggage store). But anyway we had a positive stay for fove nights, I recommend!

great hostel location, easy to reach. the hostel seems quite when i was there, but they still organized some party like pub crawl and it was fun. The place wer they served the breakfast was beautiful, for 4 euros it was very cheap. rooms are clean, and they got bar inside the hostel wer i met a some travelers too. i can recommend the hostel and also the staff are polite!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Not much of an atmosphere at all being the down time but staff were helpful when asked about getting around and what to see. Rooms were clean but small showers.

Although the street leading to the hostel from the Termii Station looked fairly seedy, it was rather safe. The hostel is comfortable, clean and safe. I stayed in a private room and was very satisfied with the facilities. It was larger than I expected. The hostel staff and friendly and efficient. My only disappointment was that I would gave liked the hostel to declare the tourism tax upfront rather than spring it as a surprise upon arrival. Overall, I was satisfied.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • South Africa

The hostel has some scheduled activities including a pubcrawl. Checking in was not a problem even if I missed informing them when I missed my train back to Rome from Venezia. The front desk staff were very accomodating and knowledgeable of several languages. Kudos to Cj, Carlo of the day shift and Jun from the night shift helped me with my online check in. We had our own toilet and bath in our room making it more comfortable and sanitary. I just wish the breakfast was complimentary. I enjoyed mu

I can recommend this hostel, all the staff are cool. help me out with my stay and figured how can i visit all the places in rome for short period of time. perfect breakfast for 4 euros! even the staff of the bramble - they are all friendly & nice! i'll be back in summer for sure!

• 2nd Dec 2014

great location, clean hostel. staff are friendly and cool! the bar next door was awesome were they served the breakfast, and you can get a discount. it was newly open - bramble. anyway the bar inside the hostel was also great and the drinks was cheap. wifi is okay, overall it was great stay.

• 28th Nov 2014

Got bed bugs which sucked, when we first got there the beds were not made, and it wasnt clear which ones were taken and which wernt. I ended up taking a bed that was already taken. The toilet seat was broken, and the room smelled off too. Im guessing the atmosphere would be better in peak season but during the time we stayed it was pretty stagnant.

hostel very good, staff very good. location very easy to reach. there is new restaurant beside them, and they serve breakfast very good. i will definitely recomend it

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Really close to central station. Great bfast deal, the restaurant is awesome especially during rainy days. Great staff as well, not a party hostel but perfect for me. If u want to party, just 1mins walk to yellow hostel. So kind of u have a nice quite place to sleep while want to have a noisy night.

easy stay, the guy at the reception was friendly when i check-in. the breakfast was awesome! for 4 euros i got a lot, it was serve in the newly open resto-bar beside the hostel, you should check this out when you stay with them, bramble was the name!

• 23rd Nov 2014

Very nice hostel, the staff was really nice and helpful. Great location, 5 minutes walk from the central station. I had a great time at the pub crawl also!

It was ok... Good internet connection, good staff. But: Lockers are really small. No personal lamp or plug, so in the night it was difficult to enter the room without disrupting everyone else. The room smelled funny...

• 22nd Nov 2014