Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The only thing I really wasn't keen on was having to keep pressing the button in the shower for the water as it made a usually straightforward process more of a nuisance. Aside from that, everything was great!

• 11th Jul 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Good athmosphere, especially for backpackers and people who like to party. The room was good with AC, but had a bit of a damp smell. Altogether I had a great stay though!

Great hostel, nice bar and perfect location. The bathroom wasnt that good and the pub crawl desapointed me (only one bar and a small and crowded club). All other things were very good.

We loved the roof garden and bar, spaces like these make the hostel ideal for a solo traveller as it's easy to meet people. Comfy beds and air conditioning which was awesome! Good location for public transport as well, and the staff are great. Loved the cocktail party on the roof garden where they serve cocktails for 3€ and bruschetta or sausage for 1€. I'd definitely return!

Absolutely loved staying here, big rooms, very clean. Very easy to meet people especially with the 3 euro cocktails. Close to everything as well, highly reccomend

Really good place to stay!! Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean and the staff are so incredibly friendly! Always have a party on or some way to meet other people in the hostel. Really good and really safe, nice and close to the train station but can easily walk to all the sites.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly - The hostel was fantastic for the price and felt very safe, despite being down a long road from Termini.

• 6th Jul 2014

I really liked this hostel, met a lot of cool people and the staff is absolutely amazing. They really helped me out when I had nowhere else to stay, and I felt really at home. I only wish there was a kitchen and that the patio would stay open longer , also it would be cool if they provided locks. Overall, this hostel is a great home base that provides help and freedom. Walking distance to everything if you're up for it

Staff were very helpful for my 2am checking in. I needed to see an English speaking doctor during my stay, it was no trouble and I felt well taken care of. Facilities are clean, really good value.

They charge you everything and they help you because they have to..clean enough and the location is perfect the party was no good and the drinks were very cheap quality

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Regarding the services included in the price and those with extra payment are stated on the information page. We are sure that you had bed linen included in price along with free wifi. We would like to suggest you should read first what is included in price before make your reservation. For the drinks. We are sorry that you did not like it, while major part of our guests are happy with it for its quality for 3 Euro.

It was my 1st time in a hostel, and i had a wonderful experience in Alessandro Palace. Location near at the train station which is very convenient. the rooftop garden was nice, they also have cocktail party which is cheap for 3 euros. the bar downstairs was nice! fast wifi, value for money!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great hostel. Bit expensive but that's Rome. Very helpful!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is very nice and the staff is very friendly and the location is very near to the metro station, so is very easy to visit the landmarks or go wherever you want to, the only thing is that they don't have a kitchen to the clients put their things or cook and not all the lockers work..

Great atmosphere, the events that were on every night were good icebreakers and brought people together. Location is amazing, literately 5 minutes from the train station, and maybe 10-15 from the very centre of the city! Certainly cheap for Rome as well.

Very good hostel.Great rooftop party organised.

The use of 'Palace' in this hostel's name is definitely ironic. I can only echo all other reviewer's advice: don't get the breakfast. Get it around the corner from the yellow hostel's cafe. Better yet, stay at the yellow, everyone there seemed really happy.

Dear Madam, It is fine for us that you recommend the Yellow hostel. However, you may need to post a review after you actually stay at the Yellow. Frankly speaking, it is not responsible and useful at all for future travellers to suggest (echo?) a place because "everyone there SEEMED happy.".. We are also afraid we may not understand well your sense of irony, either. Thank you anyway for your comment. We wish you the rest of your trip has gone well and you have fully enjoyed it.

Close to termini. Great atmosphere. Cool staff with good advice on things to do in Rome. Very clean with comfy beds and good AC

No kitchen, no fridge.

hello, thank you for your review, i am sorry that you were unsatisfied with our facilities, however, on the hostel information page we do not advertise or claim to have kitchen or fridge facilities for guests. Had you asked we could have found some space for your perishables in the fridge at the bar as a courtesy. thank you for your feedback.

I had a great time in alessandro palace, perfect location, accommodating staff. cocktail party was great, cheap cocktails! thanks to ian! i will recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Sink was clogged half the time during my stay. Staff was rude on multiple occasions coming back into the hostel after stepping outside for a second during their nightly rooftop bar event.