Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

You ought to know that you need to bring your own towel, the blankets weren't changed regularly (I was in a dorm) and you need your own padlock. Otherwise it was good value for money, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, there was a nice hostel bar downstairs and you can go on a roof-terrace. The hostel is very close to Termini station which is quite good for getting anywhere.

Location, great. Right next to termini station. Rooms, nice, clean, comfortable Facilities, bar is convenient, but not all desktops were operational. Staff, friendly One thing that bothered me was they own a separate building around the corner which we ended up staying at. The rooms was nice, but it was not what I was informed, thought I would be staying in the main building. Would appreciate a head up on the website regarding two buildings.

WiFi is really slow and spotty. I actually left Alessandro to use the WiFi at the yellow hostel down the street. Staff was overall good except one guy who was watching TV on his computer and made me feel like I was bothering him by asking questions. ALSO be aware that the airport bus schedule they have is incorrect. Thank god I arrived early because their listed bus time was 10 minutes later than the actual time.

Thank you for providing a great and affordable stay, I enjoyed my time at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. I would visit again next time I'm in Rome.

It's a confortable location because it's near to Termini, but far to any place like the Colisseo, I didn't like the bedrooms, the beds are a little bit unconfortables. The staff is nice and the breakfast is 4€ but it's not bad.

Normal hostel

Great hostel, the only bad thing is the wifi doesn't works in the rooms so you have to go to the common room. Breakfast is 4€ and is ok. It may be a little expensive but is very close to termini.

This hostel was an okay place to spend a few days in. It was relatively nice and pretty indicative of a normal hosteling experience. However, THE WIFI IS TERRIBLE. It hardly works at all. This was horrible for our trip because it made us unable to look up directions, plan what we wanted to do, and contact other people. It didn't work at all and the hostel employees were not very helpful in remedying the situation at all. However, they were helpful in getting around the city.

If I come back to Rome, I will definitely stay here again. The staff here were absolutely awesome! The facilities were good, the hostel is VERY close to the train station, and there are a bunch of good little restaurants within a few feet of the front door. They do have a weird "second building" where they have more rooms, but it's literally around the corner, so it's no big deal. Don't stay at the sister hostel though (Allessandro Downtown) because the staff there sucks.

the hostel was really fine to stay in but we had the room above the bar and it was really really noisy... Don't expect to sleep much or party!

This was my least favorite hostel during a month-long trip. I met some nice people as a solo traveler, but only because they happened to be in my room. There's no kitchen or common area besides the bar, which isn't that great and you need tokens for. The bathrooms were really dirty and the maids that came in during the day didn't seem to do much. I wasn't a big fan of the pub crawl either. The location is pretty far from any tourist sites or nightlife, although there are a couple restaurants.

i had a really good time there, great staff.

Kinda pricey but the staff was really friendly. Located just down the street from Termini station, but kind of far from the rest of the sites. Pretty easy to take the metro, though. Cleaning service stole my towel (guess that's what I get for having an all white, nondescript towel), but I told the guy at the front desk, and he gave me a clean one to use and helped me to get mine back.

When you sleep you should leave the blind open or you will sleep over in the morning! The breakfast is not that good and expensive, my suggestion is to have breakfast at an Italian cafe or buy a piece of pizza would be much better than having breakfast at the hostel.

The Hostel is not as good as it says on internet. The bedrooms are big but everything (not only in the bedrooms) is old and not really well maintained. The atmosphere is more for those that enjoy parties, young people/teenagers style. There is no living room and no kitchen. The internet wi fi is very bad. Despite of the friendly staff and good location I will not stay in this hostel again, it's not good enough for the price charged.

Pluses: Extremely nice and helpfull staff with excellent english skills, room (twin private) really cosy and clean, convenient location. Minuses: Drain in the shower was almost completely stuck and air-conditioning didn't work as it should (easily fixable and minor problems really ;)). We warmly recommend!!! :)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Our 2 day visit to Rome was made very special by the friendly helpful staff,comfortable room and excellent bathroom facilities. David, Barbara and four Grandchildren ranging in age from 9 to 15 years.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

No internet for 4 days that is the main reason for such poor rating, 10% off for each day. Not European standard hostel if no wifi.

We have wifi in all rooms and common rooms. this is for our guests for light use such as updating in SNS or checking e-mail etc. during their travel. Our system cuts the connection off when detects a device tries to download a large files or to connect illegal steaming sites (ex. adult contents site etc.). This is for fair internet data traffic distribution aimed at pleasant navigation for all of our guests, avoiding small number of users egoistically occupying all band width.

This is a place we would stay in again. In fact, we tried to add a night but they were full. Very clean. We stayed in the newer units with fresh paint and new bathrooms. The shower didn't drain quickly but that would be the only complaint we had. Stayed in a mixed dorm and met some nice people. Our ages range from 56 to 71 so the beds make a difference and our bunk beds were quite comfortable. The staff is excellent: friendly, knowledgeable, eager to please. Close to Stazione Termimni.

The hostel had a good vibe - in terms of décor and excellent staff. It also had a very wide range of facilities.