Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Great hostel! Was super central and easy to get to. Staff were friendly and showed you an awesome time on the pub crawls that were run every couple of days. Met heaps of great people and partied hard in between seeing all the sights. If I got to Rome again I'll stay here. Not the cheapest but worth it :)

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it was a very positive experience. The bar on the first floor of the main building made Alessandro's a great place to meet fellow travellers and make new friends. Reception is open 24hours which is fantastic for checking in at any time of day/night. Staff was friendly and willing to help out in any way. Location is great as it is just a 5minute walk from the Termini Station. Only complaint... Breakfast is not included - 4Euros each morning.

Good location close to termini. Helpful staff. Nothing fancy but good value for money in Rome.

Ciao! i stayed in the hostel for 4 nights and i would definitely recommend it to everyone! It has a great location close (short walking distance) to main sights + really close to Termini station (the bus stop for the airport). It has an amazing atmosphere with many events for the visitors to enjoy. Special thanks to the friendly and helpful staff, especially to Mike and Nas!!! :)

• 5th May 2014
  • Slovakia

I STAYED AT THIS HOSTEL FOR MORE THAN 4 DAYS AND I FIND THE SERVICE AND LOCATION REALLY PERFECT. I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FIND A BETTER PLACE TO STAY WHILE IN ROME. THE STAFF IS GREAT AND REALLY HELPFULL WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

• 5th May 2014
  • Macedonia

This is a nice place, friendly + helpful staff and clean. Metro stop just around the corner and a 5 min walk to the train station.

The location is not that good. It's not far from the city center (15-20min walking to the Colessum) and less than 2min from the train station Termini. But the neighborhood around the train station is really sketchy...I didnt feel confortable in that hostel and I didnt want to go out at night and to walk around in those streets. The room are clean, there is a bar but no kitchen but they let you eat your food at the bar. The staff is nice but not that much helpful. Not really value for money

you get what you pay for, rooms were cramped, if someone snored, everyone knew it was close to the train, which made it convenient, staff was helpful in pointing out where to go and other things internet was slow most times, but we were grateful they had computers there

wifi connection is pretty bad, didn't work properly on my phone nor on my computer would be nice to have some kind of common lounge room with some sofas to hang out

You ought to know that you need to bring your own towel, the blankets weren't changed regularly (I was in a dorm) and you need your own padlock. Otherwise it was good value for money, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, there was a nice hostel bar downstairs and you can go on a roof-terrace. The hostel is very close to Termini station which is quite good for getting anywhere.

Location, great. Right next to termini station. Rooms, nice, clean, comfortable Facilities, bar is convenient, but not all desktops were operational. Staff, friendly One thing that bothered me was they own a separate building around the corner which we ended up staying at. The rooms was nice, but it was not what I was informed, thought I would be staying in the main building. Would appreciate a head up on the website regarding two buildings.

WiFi is really slow and spotty. I actually left Alessandro to use the WiFi at the yellow hostel down the street. Staff was overall good except one guy who was watching TV on his computer and made me feel like I was bothering him by asking questions. ALSO be aware that the airport bus schedule they have is incorrect. Thank god I arrived early because their listed bus time was 10 minutes later than the actual time.

Thank you for providing a great and affordable stay, I enjoyed my time at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. I would visit again next time I'm in Rome.

It's a confortable location because it's near to Termini, but far to any place like the Colisseo, I didn't like the bedrooms, the beds are a little bit unconfortables. The staff is nice and the breakfast is 4€ but it's not bad.

Normal hostel

Great hostel, the only bad thing is the wifi doesn't works in the rooms so you have to go to the common room. Breakfast is 4€ and is ok. It may be a little expensive but is very close to termini.

This hostel was an okay place to spend a few days in. It was relatively nice and pretty indicative of a normal hosteling experience. However, THE WIFI IS TERRIBLE. It hardly works at all. This was horrible for our trip because it made us unable to look up directions, plan what we wanted to do, and contact other people. It didn't work at all and the hostel employees were not very helpful in remedying the situation at all. However, they were helpful in getting around the city.

If I come back to Rome, I will definitely stay here again. The staff here were absolutely awesome! The facilities were good, the hostel is VERY close to the train station, and there are a bunch of good little restaurants within a few feet of the front door. They do have a weird "second building" where they have more rooms, but it's literally around the corner, so it's no big deal. Don't stay at the sister hostel though (Allessandro Downtown) because the staff there sucks.

the hostel was really fine to stay in but we had the room above the bar and it was really really noisy... Don't expect to sleep much or party!

This was my least favorite hostel during a month-long trip. I met some nice people as a solo traveler, but only because they happened to be in my room. There's no kitchen or common area besides the bar, which isn't that great and you need tokens for. The bathrooms were really dirty and the maids that came in during the day didn't seem to do much. I wasn't a big fan of the pub crawl either. The location is pretty far from any tourist sites or nightlife, although there are a couple restaurants.