Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The hostel was really good.I am met lot of wonderful people in this hostel and just loved the pub crawl..a must go! :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • India

Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location, near two metro stations (I recommend the Castro Pretorio blue line station north of the hostel - you won't have to deal with the chaos of the Termini). Lots of food and cafe options nearby. Lightning fast WiFi, even in the room. The only drawback was our bathroom had an odor on and off for our three night stay. The hostel was mostly clean, though. 7am churchbells every morning, but we brought ear plugs so it wasn't an issue. Recommended!!

enjoyed my stay here, the people who work at the front desk are very nice & friendly. they help me to book my tour and they also give to me a discount. the drinks at the bar is okay, breakfast worth and the wifi works great downstairs. i also met a lot of people at the roof top! i will definitely recommend

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Well, as a hostel lovers; we chose Alessandro with the help of its' reviews. But in our first step to hostel, we regret. Noisy place, dirty rooms and baths and moreover unfriendly staff. We understood that their first aim is to gain money, not to make a friendly atmosphere. There are no kitchen to use in common. Bathrooms were really really dirty and smelling bad. No bed bugs, thanks god, this is the only positive. Location seems good but be aware of that Termini is an unsafe area.

only complaint is the bar downstairs is loud if you want to sleep - but awesome if you want to socialise.

Staff were very nice and helpful in regards to suggestions about Roma. Wifi was slightly sketchy - on and off in rooms, non existent on roof but good in the reception. Bathrooms could use a floor mat - a pool of water by the end of the day after 8 people have showered. Otherwise perfect

• 28th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel, staff is friendly, rooftop(!!!!) for meeting other travellers! Showers could be cleaner ;) but I'd stay there again :)

• Austria

We were placed in a separate building to the main hostel, only round the corner, bit quieter and lacking in atmosphere, could see that as a good or a bad thing

the location was good, near train station. staffs are friendly & helpful. breakfast is okay, the parties they organized was great, big help to socialize with other travelers. room & bathroom was clean.

• Argentina

Amazing place to meet fellow travellers. The staff are awesome and put real effort into making you feel at home and getting everyone talking with nights out etc. Feels slightly more like a hotel with dorms, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but there is no kitchen which makes it difficult for people travelling on a super budget. Amazing location right near to Termini station, for onward and Metro travel. Loved my stay here and cannot wait to stay again someday.

For what you pay you're expecting something nice and this hostel delivers! Great atmosphere and nice bar and rooftop bar help.

Huuuuge room! My 6 bed mixed dorm had two full ensuites. Comfy beds, however no power socket next to the top bunk. But I survived. No real common area apart from the bar, but I made friends with my roommates so it didn't bother me too much. €4 for breakfast seemed a bit steep so I didn't bother, just got cheap food from the termini instead (5min walk) Staff were extremely friendly and happy to help.

Overall a decent hostel. There's no kitchen but a rooftop area that sells cheap food and drink at night. Very fun atmosphere to meet people and close to other hostels. The lockers were small, they wont fit your backpack. But it's close to the train station and walking distance to all the sights.

The hostel has a good atmosphere with organised events. Location is pretty good, security in the rooms isn't great with no lockers. One staff member hammered my friend when he tried to go back to someone else's room with them after a big night which I though was a bit rough, but all in all a good stay.

Good hostel if you like to party. Also great for people who don't want to. Very near the station so perfect for inter railers.

Good breakfast for four Euros. Very helpful staff.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Enjoyed staying here. Very close to the main station. Room always clean and good beds and nice roof terrace. Thought the bar was expensive. Could buy a beer for a 1/3 of the bar price if you walk to the shop around the corner.

All good :) Thanx Nas!

• 19th Sep 2014

The bathroom in the bedroom where I stayed was really bad, when someone used the shower, the whole room was wed. The majority of the people who works there is really good (specially the barman!), despite one man who was there when we arrived and was really rude with us.

• 18th Sep 2014

Worth it for the price, clean and comfortable, great stay