Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Super convenient as it's close to Termini - but the area doesn't feel particularly safe for single travellers after dark. 6 bed dorm, maybe 2 power outlets, also dark and dingy. The bed I was in squeaked very loudly every time I moved, very disturbing to everyone around, and the springs were poking me. Younger people around me seemed to be having a great time, definitely a party hostel. Thankfully I was just passing through. Didn't compare to the other hostels I've stayed in recently.

Good hostel. Bit too many rules for my taste. Strong, cheap but poorly mixed cocktails in the bar. Friendly staff.

A handy walk from the traın statıon and bus stop for open top sıght seeıng tours. Good locatıon once you have a handle on the cıty layout. Three hostels ago seems a long tıme ago now for an accurate revıew. Had no problems.

My stay at this hostel was okay until our whole dorm room contracted bed bugs. Bed bugs are unfortunate for any hostel but it's the way a hostel handles the infestation is what's important. It was clear that they weren't ever going to fumigate the room or follow any of the necessary steps to get rid of bed bugs. The dorm occupants weren't moved to new rooms/ beds until we'd complained two nights in a row. We were even made to feel like an inconvenience for complaining about the bugs.

The room i was in was in a building around the corner from the reception which meant it didnt have the atmosphere the advertise. But it was very secure and clean and comfortable. Only thing really the lockers didnt lock. Big thank you to the staff member that offered me a big cup of hot tea when i noticed i was sick!

It's about 10 minutes from Termini station which is perfect to get everywhere. I was not in the building where the reception was, but just around the corner. The guys from the reception were helpfull! Had a 6-personsroom with a bathroom and airco. Shared my room with only guys,but it was okay. The cocktailparty was good! The pubcrawl was a bit weird going by bus, but was fun!

I had such a nice time here, met some cool people. The hotel was clean and in a great location right by termini station. And close to yellow bar which is nice to go hang out and meet people as well. Overall nice choice.

I didn't really enjoy my time at this hostel, unless you're willing to spend 20 euro on the hostel's 'pub crawl' (which only takes you to two places) it's hard to meet people here and the only common area is the rooftop garden, which not many people ended up going to in my experience. Perfect if you just want a place to sleep but not what I would consider a party hostel. Staff were absolutely fantastic though!

There's really nowhere to sit and chill because the bar is closed for cleaning most of the day and you can't bring your own liquor into the only dining area in the hostel. Rooftop patio was nice, but it only really seemed to be open on one night. We also had a ton of ants in our room that took over our snack stash. It's also near the train station which makes things easy but it's not a nice area, very dirty and crowded. The guests at The Yellow looked like they were having fun down the street.

Dear guest, Thank you for you comment. We will consider about the opening time of bar space from earlier time. About the liquor catering, we are afraid it is not allowed in the bar after it opens (from 19:00). We believe the Yellow bar does the same. Rooftop party is programmed throughout summer 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). For the nights in-between we have night-out party arranged with a partner party organization. About the ants, thank you for your report. We will check better the room!

Very fun, friendly staff, lots of activities, easy to meet other travellers!

Good location, no kitchen but good atmostphere and nice roof top bar with cheap cocktails

I was only there for a night but it was a pretty good place. It's a hostel for people who like to party!

I stayed there in two diferents bedrooms, the first one with 6 bedroom it was not good, so older and wasn't clean, the second one with 4 bedroom it was much better, clean and not so older. The luggage room is located in a bad place because there is a restrooms, so everytime people walk there for using restroom, it isn't safe.

Party hostel! A bit of a walk to any of the major Roman attractions, but worth staying here if you want to have a good time- rooftop parties, pub crawl, etc.

Right by the main station, termini this hostel is perfect especially with there only being 2 metro lines in Rome it makes the metro accessible to you, with out a long walk to the metro. Plenty of restaurants and bars around including a fellow hostel and bar The Yellow, just around the corner to the hostel! Some staff were a bit load whilst others were more helpful. We're were in a 8 bedroom dorm for 6 nights. The only faults about the room was the hot or cold shower- can't get one anywhere!

Extremely comfortable. Could not believe value for money for such a great location. The staff is more than helpful and extremely hospitable. It makes you feel like home. My first time staying in a hostel, we will certainly return..

• 20th Jul 2014

Usually I fell kind of meh, every time they move me to a different building, but hey! I had such a great time, and the other building was just around the corner! loved the rooftop cocktail parties! Will def come back!

Thank you staff of Alessandro Palace for being so welcoming and helpful! Everything was clean, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Parties every night, to meet people from all over the world. I really enjoyed my time, and I will most definitely be back in the future! VERY GOOD HOSTEL =)

• 18th Jul 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for that classic "hostel" experience of meeting lots of new people and having some drinks and good times together. The place is clean, safe and fun :). The location is right near Termini, which is convenient for getting transportation both around the city and in and out. Also, it's not all that far to walk to many of the main tourist sites.

• 18th Jul 2014

great staff at reception always helpful