Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

First when I came I was afraid 'cos they said me it was wrong book kind of system eror "it is not possible for 3 Euro a night" they searcher his comp. Found something and let me go in.In total I am happy. THANK YOUR STAFF VERY MUCH

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Uzbekistan

This was my 3rd stay at this hostal... the staff courteus and very helpful and specially Iliescu Anarei.. this young man is always nice and informative.....I recommend to all my friends when visit Rome....to stay at this Hostel...

Average hostel. Rooms were dark and dingy - blankets dirty. Bathroom door didn't close and water flooded the bathroom floor after each shower. I stayed in much nicer places for much less money during my travels. Lockers were small and unable to accommodate all locks. Staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is okay but for the money you're paying, a cover for the unwashed comforter wouldn't go astray. It isn't very modern, which is fine, but for a similar price the hostel yellow around the corner offers much more.

When we arrived the guy manning the desk told me I had made 2 reservations for my sister and myself and that I had to pay for the first night for both of us. At 30 something euros each that's a fair amount. Especially for a room down a hall way with no lights in a hostel that smells like mild and BO.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and for your kind understanding about the charge on the double bookings you made. Indeed our price was lower, compared to the other similar establishments in the area, considering the period was Easter holiday season. Regarding the light, it is usually off but turns on automatically when there is somebody passing in the area. About the smell. You are right. there was a sewerage problem on the ground floor in the building on that day. It was fixed next day.

Great location, showers and rooms were very clean. Definitely i recommend it because of the location.

Everything was good, except the fact that the bathroom smeels really bad!!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

had a plumbing issue in the 8 dorm and the staff responded quickly. I appreciate it. thank you!

this place is as average as it gets, not a good place to stay in Rome

Definitely a fun place to meet new people and have fun! Staff was nice, but it would have been nice to have a kitchen at least, wifi is a little spotty, but overall a good experience.

Very nice clean hostel in the center of Rom only 5 min to the train station. The restaurant next door is ok; has more of a hotel atmosphere than hostel atmosphere - but it is a good place

Very good place and Friendly staff. I totally recommend this hostel for everyone.

Good hostel near to Termini, the bar close early but you can go to party near by. The Bramble Bar & Kitchen is next to the hostel, you have discounts and the food is good and not that expensive.

This was a great hostel for anyone who wants to meet other travelers because the bar area is really cute and there were events every night. The blankets were kind of gross looking. No shortage of hot water, but if someone was in your room's shower, you were kind of stuck. The location wasn't ideal because it was past the train station and we wanted to walk everywhere, but it still only took about 30 minutes to walk to the Colosseum and the Pantheon. Staff was very friendly and I felt safe.

• 25th Mar 2015

Decent location near termini. Everything about this place seems OK, especially the price. My only issue and for me its a large one, is that there was no atmosphere when I was there. I only met people in my room and people were rarely in the main room. maybe it was a consequence of the season but it made it less enjoyable.

Older hostel. Very dim lighting in the room and no personal light for your bed. You have to use your room key to have the lights on. Shower was dirty. Old towels and a pair of tights from someone who stayed in the room previously. Good location, few blocks from termini station. You have your own heater in the room so at least the temp in the room can be adjusted.

Location was a decent walk (not terrible though) from the main sights but that may be normal for Rome. Guy that checked us in was very friendly. No real common other than the common room was a little niggly but not a huge deal.

been here for 2 nights, and it was a good experienced. staff was extremely helpful and friendly. 5 minutes walk from the center station, easy to find.

• 21st Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel. The staff were really nice and helpful, the rooms were clean and had lockers and their own bathrooms. They had events some nights at the bar which made it really easy to meet other people. The location was not ideal but it was close to the main train station which made it very easy to visit other parts of the city.

Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Great location.