Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

5 Min from Roma Termini station. Decent rooms, fun pub

Location was perfect with good restaurants nearby..Staff were friendly. If you are not that party type person, you would be offended by all the noises and craps after midnight. It was so dark in the room, you barely see anything in the morning, I would suggest to give each bed a little lamp in mixed room and female room.

Brilliant hostel with an incredible atmosphere and AMAZING staff! There was always something going on - be it a bar crawl with 2 other hostels (shout out to Santiago) or cocktails on the terrace (Mike's cocktails were incredible and he even personalised them for us). The rooms were spacious and secure with large lockers as well. The staff were so helpful with everything! Only thing that could have been better was the aircon but everything else was perfect! can't wait to stay here again!

Can't beat that location, or the AC in the 37° heat. Rooftop parties are fun, they push their pub crawl pretty hard but it's easy enough to say no. Only complaint would be that the hot water wasn't working in the 2nd building, but I didn't particularly mind because of the aformentioned heat.

The staff where really friendly and the pub crawls and rooftop bar have a good atmosphere. The air-conditioning and WiFi are great and the rooms are clean. The only bad thing was there is No kitchen

Situated close to the Termini. Good restaurant next door. Air conditioning in the room was very refreshing and was needed during the night as it got very hot and humid. Cleanliness wasn't top notch, bathroom got dirty easily and under the beds there was rubbish left by previous sleepers. The quality of beds in our room was poor; 2 put up bunk beds that didn't look safe at all. Would go back to the Yellow hostel to stay next time (which is around the corner)

Rooms were very clean, as was the whole hostel except for the downstairs public toilet near reception. Saturday night bar crawl was fun but perhaps overpriced and the club where you end up at is very expensive and unsafe. Atmosphere was great and we met some lovely people. Great location, 5 minutes from Termini station. Would stay there again for sure.

Thank you for your point-out. We now look into the cleanness of common bathroom downstairs. the night-out party is organized by a third party we collaborate with, about the price 20€ for 1hr open bar+drinking games, 1 shot in a pub in city + admission to the club, it is a reasonable price in Rome. Regarding the safety, we will discuss with the organizer. Thanks again for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you soon! Best regards,

I liked my period there, if you can improve something, for me this is the list: Use the card how locker instead of locker Place to charge electronics beside to bed

A great place to stay, literally five minutes walk from the train station and bus station but if you like walking then it's not very far from all the main sights. The staff were friendly, facilities were great, WI-FI was really really good and the people we met were very welcoming. An overall nice stay.

The restrooms need more cleaning. The showers had worms crawling on the side. My cousin was literally threatened and thrown out because he was sleeping later than checkout. He was tired from the previous night's pub crawl and overslept. He apologised and asked for just 20 minutes. He was told to go immediately or pay another day's rent. He would have appreciated a little bit of courtesy on part of the staff. This one guy was rude at best and extremely aggressive with his tone. Not cool at all !

The first thing I didn't like was the check in. The guy was doing my check in, someone's check out, giving information and answering the phone at the same time, so you can imagine the kind of attetion I had when I arrived. Secondly was the bathroom from the room, wasn't dirty, but visibly not clean and without toilet paper: i went downstairs to ask for toilet paper and he said he would peave there in 5min, around 11 pm when I got back wans't there and I had to ask again with the same answer.

Great place and great people!!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Bangladesh

The staff were super friendly on arrival. They gave me a map & discounts for the restaurant next door. Night events are great here! Well organised. Roof top terrace is good fun at night with the cocktail party! Rooms spacious and clean! Bathroom and showers good! Warm water & good AC. A few min walk from Termini train station. If you want awesome food, go across the road to Rossi - amazing food & staff! Tip for the colosseum - buy your ticket from the Roman Forum, lines are a few min wait :)

awesome time at this place, met the best people ever! The guy who works behind the bar Mike is the coolest guy on earth and the bar crawl is a must do thing when you come here!

• 27th Jul 2015

They assigned me to whatever bed that was available without directing me to the room personally. The staff in the front didn't seem like they wanted to help me and were brief when they answer my question. The lockers inside the room had a handle that was difficult for a normal padlock to lock. Overall, only a nice place to stay for one night, but not really a nice place to meet other people.

Would be nice if there was a kitchen. Also pretty annoyed the staff wouldn't tell us the last bar our hostel was heading to as we went out for a late dinner w friends and wanted to meet w the hostel later. The excuse was that he didn't want to be responsible for us if we came drunk but obviously when any individual comes to a bar they're responsible for themselves. I've worked at a hostel for months as the events manager so I know how it works. Also AC in the rooms don't work! So hot!!!

The wifi didn't work at all. I had to wait until I got to the airport after staying there for free wifi.

A friend and myself stayed at Alessandro Palace (2 nights then 1 night between trains). We had high expectations as it was advertised as one of 'Europe's Best Hostels' (a few of which we also stayed at and found fantastic, namely, Hostel of the Sun in Naples). The first time we stayed here, checked in and arrived in the room to find that there was no free beds. One of the staff members came in (after quite a lengthy wait) and merely remade the bed using the dirty sheets. As we were extremely tir

Disappointed at the gender ratio at the bar crawl.

The hostel was awesome . Specially if you want to party and meet new people .. I will say the cleanliness was not their forte . The toilets and the showers appeared could have used a proper scrubbing to removed what it may appeared mold ( black shade between tile ) and back stains in the inside base of the toilet ... Furthermore it is a hostel and I was expecting it . In the big picture it was awesome I would stay there again specially because my AC was working