Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

It was ok here. Location was good. Had a maid come into our room at 9:30am and turn the lights on and started cleaning while a girl below me was sick in bed and I was laying in bed! I thought that was quite distespectful. Recpetionist was rude and not helpful when I asked questions. Would have been good to have chargers and a lamp beside our beds. Apparently the 6 bed dorm did have these things and I paid quite a bit extra for a 4 bed dorm and didnt get these basic facilities.

reasonable hostel, value for money, good service!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay, all staff and other people in my room were incredibly friendly , and the nights out and bar were a great way to meet new people, especially since I was travelling alone. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with an ensuite. Not the comfiest bed I had on my trip, but got a decent enough night sleep. Shower was good. The cocktail party was a great way to meet people, it was so sociable and the cocktails were strong at 3€ each! Happy hour in the bar each night cheap drinks and lovely roof terrace. Breakfast overpriced and not worth it there's a good place across the road. All attractions in walking distance and only 2mins from Termini Station. Had a great stay would recommend.

It is well located near Termini. My room was very good with 4 beds and private bathroom and air conditioning! Great! Nat or Naf, I do not remember exactly his name, at the reception, was so welcoming! I will never forget he offered me half of his dinner on my first night! So generous and kind! It is a very recommendable place, I would just recommend to improve a little bit the breakfast by taking out the canned fruit and offer just one egg or something else, nobody likes this kind of fruit!

very good hostel, staff are friendly & helpful. bar was great, rooftop was awesome place to socialize with other travelers. they offer discount for the tours in the city, which was big help for budget travelers like me :). brekfast cost 4 euros, but it's okay for that price. good wifi connection, and the location is perfect to catch buses & subway.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Had a really good time here and made some awesome friends, the rooftop bar is great for meeting people and the atmosphere was really good. Highly recommend for solo travellers or those in small groups. Only things which could have been better is having more than 1 bartender on at a time (took ages to get a drink) and the music was too loud in the downstairs bar so no one went in there as it was too hard to talk to people

Good hostel in the centre of Rome. Really close to transport. Major attractions walkable. Nice bar to meet other travellers of a night time. Would recommend :)

nice hostel, good location and great parties!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

We had high expectations for this hostel but thought it was expensive and activities were quite pricey. Pub crawl was €25! Better to garb a group and drink on your own. Staff weren't particularly friendly or personable which was disappointing. Room was clean, tidy but dark. Close to train station and nice pizza restaurants.

location is in the center, 3 blocks from the train station. staff was friendly. fantastic roof top, great night outs, nice way to meet fellow travelers. it was my 1st time in a hostel, and i could say i had great time in alessandro palace!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

The area of the hostel was not very safe at night. I really didn't enjoy walking back after dark. No other issues. The atmosphere was great and I met some really nice people there.

It's close to the main station which is handy. Room and facilities are all ok, beds aren't the comfiest but you make do. CJ at reception was by far the nicest staff member at this hostel.

Stayed in this hostel for 4 nights in a mix dorm ensuite. The rooms were fairly clean as well as the bathrooms. The wifi was spotty in the rooms but in the bar it was pretty good. The station is pretty close to the termini station so making it easy getting around town since the station is the hub for all the transportation. There wasn't much to do around the area of the hostel, just some restaurants and a supermarket. But since it was close to the station it was no real problem.

I loved the place. The workers were amazing especially the young bartender! Very much a younger crowd stays here 19-22 was the average age. Bar and roof top garden are pretty cool. I would totally stay here again without a doubt. Location was great. Right next to a hop on hop off bus tour and the train station.

• 16th Aug 2014

The hostel was so close to Rome's main train station, which was great. My partner and I booked an 8 bed dorm

The hostel was okay but the area was super sketchy! You have to be very careful to your surroundings and watch your back. I didn't feel safe to walk around and explore the city. The wifi didn't work very well in the rooms. The terrace was a good place to relax and chill.

Great location. All staff so helpful, lots of great information. Party atmosphere, but not disruptive to those of us who actually need to get some sleep. :) Wifi mostly only worked in the lobby.

Very good location, nice beds, good athmosphere everywhere. The staff was very helpful with everything. Really liked it. Only negative point i could say, is that there is no kitchen....

Well, this place is majestic. Staff, people and atmosphere as exactly we would have imagined. Close to Rome termini station with good facilities. Met a awesome lot of people, their pub crawl and parties are really a whole different level. Hats off guys, we would be surely coming there next time.