Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Everything is well organised and I was pleased to stay at this hostel. The location is great, it's very closed to Termini station and takes 5min. by walk to get there. It's easy to get famous attractions in Rome by walk and other transports. Staffs can speak English very well and are very helpful when you need. I didn't have chances to join parties organised by the hostel every night, though. It'd be good for single travelers. I'd highly recommend this hostel. Book now if you're hesitating! ;)

it's very near at the termini station, staff will welcome you. i felt like home here in Alessandro, great parties, every night there's an activity even in the roof top easy way to know new friends. overall it was a great stay!

• 31st Aug 2014

The atmosphere and staff were friendly and always very helpful with answering questions. The rooms were tidy and the bathroom was relativly clean for many people all sharing one. There were only small lockers in the room, but the hostel did seem safe to leave your belongings on the bed. The breakfast wasn't worth it, but at night the bar had lots of people around to meet. Overall this place is one of the top places i visited throughout my trip.

Really easy to get to from termini station which was good as we arrived in the dark! Decent metro link and not too far if you need to walk. They had lots of organised nights if you wanted to meet people but it wasn't too noisy. Dorms a bit small but fine for a short stay.

This hostel is well located for termini station and therefore sights in Rome however id advise being careful if travelling to/from hostel late at night as it is a bit of a dodgy area and street. Staff were helpful but overall I wasn't mad keen on the accommodation. Sheets were dirty and the blankets are not washed (this was confirmed by my roommates on arrival in my room). Also the breakfast isn't a worth paying for - head to a local supermarket instead.

Staff was amazing, so welcoming and friendly! There's always a nightly event organized so it's easy to meet new people at the hostel, which is a big plus. It's super close to the Termini train station (also the station for buses and the Metro system). Would definitely, definitely recommend this hostel!

decent hostel, staff are very friendly. had a great time here. the location was very convenient. grazie!

• 29th Aug 2014

A Perfect greeting:) it's was really cool and funny. People are open minded .You can meet a lot of people from different countries

• 28th Aug 2014

Bed comfortable, wifi great throughout hostel, AC in room. Breakfast available but not included and there's no kitchen, so you have to eat out the whole time. But that's ok because there are great restaurants near by. Check out La Romana Gelaterria for creamy gelato with fresh whipped cream on top, and Pinsere, a stop and go pizza joint with amazing ingredient combinations for 4.50 euros per personal pizza. Hostel very close to station and metro, and airport shuttle. Would stay here again!

It was ok here. Location was good. Had a maid come into our room at 9:30am and turn the lights on and started cleaning while a girl below me was sick in bed and I was laying in bed! I thought that was quite distespectful. Recpetionist was rude and not helpful when I asked questions. Would have been good to have chargers and a lamp beside our beds. Apparently the 6 bed dorm did have these things and I paid quite a bit extra for a 4 bed dorm and didnt get these basic facilities.

Really great hostel, great atmosphere with a roof terrace to hang out on. Only real down side is the lack of a kitchen, eating out all the time can get expensive but there are some nice places to eat very close.

reasonable hostel, value for money, good service!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay, all staff and other people in my room were incredibly friendly , and the nights out and bar were a great way to meet new people, especially since I was travelling alone. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with an ensuite. Not the comfiest bed I had on my trip, but got a decent enough night sleep. Shower was good. The cocktail party was a great way to meet people, it was so sociable and the cocktails were strong at 3€ each! Happy hour in the bar each night cheap drinks and lovely roof terrace. Breakfast overpriced and not worth it there's a good place across the road. All attractions in walking distance and only 2mins from Termini Station. Had a great stay would recommend.

It is well located near Termini. My room was very good with 4 beds and private bathroom and air conditioning! Great! Nat or Naf, I do not remember exactly his name, at the reception, was so welcoming! I will never forget he offered me half of his dinner on my first night! So generous and kind! It is a very recommendable place, I would just recommend to improve a little bit the breakfast by taking out the canned fruit and offer just one egg or something else, nobody likes this kind of fruit!

very good hostel, staff are friendly & helpful. bar was great, rooftop was awesome place to socialize with other travelers. they offer discount for the tours in the city, which was big help for budget travelers like me :). brekfast cost 4 euros, but it's okay for that price. good wifi connection, and the location is perfect to catch buses & subway.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Had a really good time here and made some awesome friends, the rooftop bar is great for meeting people and the atmosphere was really good. Highly recommend for solo travellers or those in small groups. Only things which could have been better is having more than 1 bartender on at a time (took ages to get a drink) and the music was too loud in the downstairs bar so no one went in there as it was too hard to talk to people

Good hostel in the centre of Rome. Really close to transport. Major attractions walkable. Nice bar to meet other travellers of a night time. Would recommend :)

nice hostel, good location and great parties!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

We had high expectations for this hostel but thought it was expensive and activities were quite pricey. Pub crawl was €25! Better to garb a group and drink on your own. Staff weren't particularly friendly or personable which was disappointing. Room was clean, tidy but dark. Close to train station and nice pizza restaurants.