Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Nice staff good location no kitchen no facilities or ruble wifi

Stayed 5 nights and loved it. Due to a train delay I got there at 5am the day after my initial booking and they didn't charge me for the night I'd essentially missed. the wi-fi is the best I've had in a hostel, the location is perfect and I met some great people there. Definitely recommend.

A 15/20 min walk from the colosseum. Staff were so friendly and met some really great people in our room. Lockers in room were good. Felt really safe and beds we so comfortable. Will recommend.

No breakfast and no kitchen, but a big bar.

A really great hostel overall! Free luggage storage before you check in, as well as access to a public bathroom. The facilities were really nice and we had an amazing time on the pub crawl. If you're looking to party or meet people this is a great place. The only downside is the bathrooms in the rooms; one bathroom between 6 people can be a little inconvenient. However, on our third night we were put in a different room that had the toilet and shower separated which was a huge plus.

Good staff and nice to have a rooftop area. Rooms nice and big. Could improve their bathrooms but most hostels seem to share this issue

Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrible. A decidedly adequate hostel. The facilities were modern and clean (Convenient bar as well) However, the showers were tiny. 'What is this? A center for ants!?' Zoolander would not approve. Additionally, the price on Hostelworld didn't accurately reflect the actual price. You've gotta pay some bogus city tax as well. Lastly, you have to pay for the privilege of storing luggage at checkout.

Lovely staff location is great right next to the main train station and close to some of main sightseeing It has a bar but you can't bring your own alcohol , which kind of sucks Rooms are spacious and clean

Fun place to stay, good location near Termini station

• 17th Oct 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. It was very easy to find from Termini Station, and there were several good restaurants right around it. Bathrooms were pretty clean, the staff were very friendly, and they did a good job of setting up social events every night I was there.

This place were very close to the train station and the subway. A real plus. There is a cool rooftop area that they say is a bar although it didn't seem to be one while I was there. Good place though!

It was alright. Definitely stayed in better hostels. Had a bar and rooftop area. The staff were a bit out of the loop when giving recommendations to budget travellers. Only 20 euro for a pub crawl! Bargain.... when we asked where to go they recommended the hostel owned restaurant next door. That being said they were really friendly and helped us get to the airport.

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Conveniently located with lots of restaurants and bars close by.

Good staff. Big rooms. Close to train station. Would stay again.

Great stay overall! Staff were very welcoming and eager to help you plan your day & explain transportation to the highlights of Rome. Great wifi in the common areas (didn't work in our room because of our location). There was construction that started at 8 am each morning which kept us up but that was out of the hostels control... Awesome that they have a pub crawl but I wouldn't pay 20 Euro for it again... The "drinking games" were 3 rounds of flip cup & you have to use your own booze for it.

Okay location, about 10-15 minute walk from the coliseum. But you are a block away from the train station. In the area of many hostels so easy to meet up with friends. Has a rooftop bar and a bar inside. Staff was amazing!

Met some amazing people here and had a blast. Close to the train station. Discounts at the local laundromat, the restaurant next door, etc. no curfew. Mike the bartender is a legend. Ask him to make you something, it's always good and the prices are hard to beat. Beds were comfy, ensuite was nice. Lockers in the rooms. Quiet area until the church bells go off at 8am, but I never heard them. Wish I stayed here longer instead of booking in a different hostel for the remainder of my time in Rome.

We had an amazing stay here!! I had a broken foot and everyone was SO helpful!! Extra thanks to Mike for the fun parties at night! Also close to a great trattoria, pizzeria, and Yellow Bar. Thanks everyone!

• 9th Oct 2015

Great location near the train station, can take the metro anywhere from there. Everything is mostly within a half hour walk too. Great atmosphere, bar downstairs and next door so plenty of places to meet people. Really enjoyed my stay here.

One good place, near the central station in Rome, good and awesome staffers, the only thing is that my room and the toilet Was always dirty but everything is perfect !! Awesome place I recommend this for everyone