Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The staff were pretty moody and when I checked out told me to pay for a locker to leave my bag - but when I came back to collect my bag I saw a sign by the toilet door saying 'we store your bag downstairs for free after you check out'...thought that was a bit mean! Other than the staff the hostel was ok and I was happy to be close to Termini...wouldn't stay again though because of the unfriendliness :-(

Pros: air conditioning, working elevator, overall clean bedroom/bath, near the train station. Cons: staff (need to debrief clients verbally or with list on wall; ie towels cost 2 EUR, hours of the bar, bkfast deal, etc), no breakfast, dark room, downstairs bar has poor atmosphere

The value for money totally unreasonable. The staff was not nice (don't want to say rude). The staff didn't identify my room mate when he asked to be let in into the room while I was sleeping inside (so they could let in anybody). They shouldn't say that they have wi fi, the reception was so poor. During the night was very loud and noisy, hard to sleep. The Bramble Bar and Kitchen it's really nice place with excellent food. However the staff in Bramble Bar tried to charge us nearly double.

Great location. So close to Termini Station. Staff was superhelpful. The paid locker system is amazing! Gets loud at night, though, coz most guests are getting drunk in the bar. Elevator needs replacement. It's squeaky and too slow.

Terrible security in terms of lockers. Not able to lock at all? Definitely not worth the price I paid but was decent

This hostel is near Termeni station, which is convinient if you have to catch a train but otherwise is not the nicest area of Rome by a long way, and is a fair distance from the main attractions in the city other than the colosseum. The rooms where not very clean, the bathroom was smelly, and I know of more than one problem with allocating the wrong rooms to guests and having to move them elsewhere late at night, in my three days there. Not the worst place but defiantly not the best.

Great helpful firendly staff, lots of help and lots to do.

Good large spacious rooms Staff were very accommodating Loved the two ensuites per room very handy when there are a few people who wish to shower

Nice hostel. Conveniently located next to Termini Station. Beds are comfortable with en suite bathrooms, all clean. The hostel has many facilities, probably the most prominent is the bar on the rooftop which makes it very easy to meet people. They also have a promotion for having a really nice breakfast in the restaurant next door with a nice discount. They put together pub crawling nights, which are ok. I would recommend it.

EXCELLLLENT AND AMAZING STAFF and rooftop! Everything you want when in Rome and near Yellow bar hostel but a bit away from the noise. Lots going on at this place and nice big rooms with aircon WOOOOHOOOO! Loved it!!

Great location right near Termini Train station and the Metro. Helpful staff. Basic accommodation for our three night stay in Rome - all you really need.

I guess Rome is a very expensive city but this hostel is not worth what we payed. Our shower drain got blocked and for the rest of our stay the whole room smelt like mould and sewage. The area the hostel is in is not really near anything you want to visit so everyday you are very exhausted from travelling around the city. No kitchen makes everything a lot harder. The staff were nice from what we saw but there was very limited interaction with them.

This place was awesome. The most sociable hostel I've stayed in. Thanks guys.

The staff was so nice. We only stayed one night and they knew our names at check out! One of my friends hurt her foot and the staff had a first aid kit and was very accommodating and nice to us. Also, the hostel was very close to termini station which is a very central stop to go many places in Rome!

• 20th Jun 2015

My main issue with the hostel is that, they want to charge everything as an extra even the lockers..., breakfast, towels, etc, they don't have a kitchen, and it seems that they don't treat you the same if you don't go to their party on Saturday... I felt kind of weird sometimes, I went two times, the first time was a little bit better than the second one, not coming back. Another thing is that the rooms smells really bad sometimes..

Great hostel, staff were a bit too pushy trying to get people to go to the bar nights and drinking events. I came to Rome to sightsee not to party.

• 18th Jun 2015

This hostel is very close to the termini station and has many places to eat near it. The beds were clean and there were lockers for personal belongings, but no locks. The bathroom andshower was relatively clean and handsoap was provided. I did not feel comfortable showering without shoes on and the room was very warm when we arrived because the cleaning crcrew kept opening the windows. Overall, really great place. Somewhat pricey for the quality of the room, but otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• 18th Jun 2015

Not great and not terrible.

Stayed here for three nights. Got put in an annex building but it was safe and secure! It was a great place to stay the restaurant beside was fairly well priced and the pub crawl was fun minus trying to find our way home. Had a weird roommate one night who did inappropriate things but other than that the experience was good overall.

This was okay for one night but I wouldn't stay longer. The facilities really need an upgrade- the door of our bathroom wouldn't close and the shower flooded :(