Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

First time in Roma, i had a good stay here :) They had a cocktail party in the night I was there. Fun, with cheap cocktail, and bruscheta aswell :) I will be back for sure

• 18th May 2015
  • Pakistan

Love love loved this place- the people are fantastic, the staff is hilarious and the overall experience was amazing. The pub crawls are totally worth it. I was a bit hesitant at first, but we ended up going to both of the pub crawls that happened while we were there. Highly recommended

Only thing that was difficult about staying here was that there wasn't wifi in our room, so we had to always be in the common room downstairs. The bathroom was really nice and the staff was understanding when there was a miscommunication with our booking.

• 16th May 2015

This hostel was a great place to stay because it very close to the train and metro. They have a restaurant next door, that I for sure wouldn't recommended, especially for breakfast. There are so many other option in Rome. The one problem with the hostel is that the whole 5 nights I was there I couldn't get the key to unlock the door into the building. It was very annoying and many guest I talked to had the same problem. Luckily so many people stayed there you're bound to catch someone leaving.

Bathroom door didn't shut which was very inconvenient, and the hostel wasn't great for meeting people

When we got there we were immediately greeted by a guy named Mike who soon became our absolute favorite staff member in the hostel - he's the best! Hostel was fun, definitely safe and had a pretty cool bar. We loved the location as it was so close to the metro and bus station. We stayed in the building across the street from the main reception area (the hostel has 2 buildings) & the only problem was that the hallway and connected bathroom smelled sometimes. Plus the room was quite warm at night.

Staff was friendly and location was good since we traveled by train. We stayed in a room of 8 people and there was only one bathroom/shower to share, so that caused problems in the mornings when someone would take a long shower and 7 other people were waiting behind the door to use the bathroom. Rooms were clean, but not very decorated. Value for money is good.

great all round. clean. great social aspects and location.

The Ho(s)tel is well located. The rooms are not really clean. But you can not find an ambiance of a hostel. They offer some parties but I do not recommend. You are in a group of tourists and you follow their indications as a sheep. I didn't like it.

• 14th May 2015
  • Turkey

nice place. staff was really good and helpful. location was good and it's clean. close to the train station.

I went to there with my family (4 persons total). At the second night I found some black round insects in my bed. The staff was very helpful to solve this problem. They changed all the beds from the room and gave a refund of one night (we stayed 5 nights). Despite the attention and care staff, my body is now covered of red dots and it ruined my weekend there. They asked me apologize for the inconvenience by it wasn't enough and I don't recommend this place.

Great hostel, lots going on, very friendly helpful staff! Only thing to note is this hostel is not keen on letting people from other hostels in which was annoying when there is another popular hostel around the corner (the yellow), would have been nice if others could join in with this hostel like we were able to join in with theirs. Made us reluctant to take part in bar crawls and party bus as it was only people staying in this hostel who could take part, travelling is about mixing with all.

Perfect hostel if you like to party.

• Switzerland

Friendly, helpful staff (particularly Carlos at reception) who made a real effort to ensure guests had a good time. Disappointed by lack of kitchen facilities and poor levels of cleanliness and comfort in the rooms. Bramble Bar and kitchen was pleasant but did not suit a backpackers budget requirements. Also service there in the morning was appalling.

GOOD LOCATION. great hostel, rooms are clean and they have some cool activities every night so you can't get bored

• 12th May 2015

Excelent stay at Alessandro. Fun hostel to meet people and partyyyyyy

• 12th May 2015

No kitchen. The breakfast you can get next door (6€ with discount from the hostel) is totally overpriced for what you get , really. My room was nasty and dirty - before getting to Rome I had thought about maybe staying one night longer, immediatly abandoned that idea seeing the room. There was a small fridge in there but it didn't work. Didn't feel comfortable - wouldn't recommend or stay again.

Good location. Being in the annex building was a bit of a let down.

The lockers were broke, the staff has been really short-spoken and the atmosphere has been exhausting. I would choose another hostel next time..

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear that you did not find comfortable staying with us. Also sorry we do not speak German but it is a quite difficult language. We have to beg your understanding. Regarding the locker it was not broken. It could be found slightly complicated when a guest uses for the first time. We wish you could have just asked us on how to use it. Thank you for your feedback. Kind regards,

Great hostel, great for party, for meeting new people. Rooms spacious and clean. Stay was superb

• 10th May 2015