Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

I would recommend this hostel for its staff, location, and most certainly the atmosphere. Very social place where you will meet people and can atrend events like bar crawls etc. Next door there's also another hostel with bar and also a discounted restaurant. Don't hesitate !

• 16th Sep 2015

Hey Guys, I have visited Allessandro Palace last week. It is a really nice hostel with a really cool staff and great people. The hostel is placed just a few steps to Rome's main station (Termini) so that you can travel really fast within Rome. Every night there is another kind of party so that you get the chance to get in contact with other travelers very quickly! The rooms are ok and mostly clean, but not special! All together it is a nice place to stay and I really recommend it!

• 15th Sep 2015

The staff was very friendly, the hostel location is at walking distance to some tourist attractions, the metro station near the property facilitates the transportation to all places in Rome. The room didn't have power outlets in each bed, but there was enough in the room for all to charge our phone simultaneously

everything was OK, I will definately choose this hostell again if I go to Rome again

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Azerbaijan

We had an amazing time here!!! The staff is wonderful, accommodating, and so much fun! Only down side the lockers were too small for my backpack, and my pad lock didn't fit the locker lock. But I had zero problems leaving my bag out! I've recommended this place to the people I've met since I left that were headed to Rome! This hostel is a great way to meet new people and just an awesome atmosphere. Would definitely come back here!

Most of the staff was good. One of the members was quite rude. I would recommend staying next door at the Yellow. It is located near the train station, but far from everywhere else.

Party Hostel! Especially great if you get a good night where they do the terrace cocktail party! Meeting people and events is the strong point of this hostel...don't go if you want to relax and zone out...you have to be up to the party :-D

I thought for the prices concerned that the hostel was a remarkable rip-off. Had I been paying for a dirt-cheap place, I'd have been happy as it was... functional. However at the prices offered there was little to know up-side. The staff were at best bland, and at worst semi-hostile, and their entire modus operandi appeared to be to convince you to pay over the odds for rather dubious excursions. A low-rent Ibiza-lite hostel, poorly lit, grim, dull, lacking communal facilities. Soulless

check in hour is a little bit late,15:00, but my room was already cleaned up by 13:00 and I was able to get in, I appreciate that.-

In general it was a good stay. Cleanliness of the bathroom was average but it depends on the people in the room with you. Security is ok, good location and good facilities.

The only things I'd change are 1. the height of the bunk beds, you can't sit up in them! and 2. more events/tours organized by the hostel. Otherwise it was cool, loved the rooftop terrace!

I stayed here for two nights and it was my first hostel experience. This place was clean, the staff was friendly, and they offered female only rooms, which I appreciated. I met so many people and I would definitely recommend this place for someone who is looking to be social. The only drawback was that it could be a bit noisy late into the night.

No complaints. A/C worked. WIFI worked. What else do we need as travelers??? Staff was helpful as well. A+ Was nice to be near the termini metro station as well. made it easy to get around. decent places to eat nearby too

Great bar staff, cool vibe

• 7th Sep 2015

Great location- close to train station . The use of the lockers is good, however they're a little useless if you don't have the right size padlock (small ones won't fit). Nice clean hostel but somewhere to put glasses/ phone when you're on the top bunk would be great.

Loved it. Everything inside was what I wanted in a hostel. Friendly , social and good location. Only fault I would have to say was the warm/cold shower. But in saying that each from had its in bathroom/toilet so your only sharing it with the 6 people in your room. I would defiantly stay again.

• 7th Sep 2015

I really had a good time in this hostel. There is always something going on and there is party all the time. This is the perfect place to meet people but it is not the best place to get a good night of sleeping. The bar in the ground floor is too loud and you can actually here the whole thing from your bed.

Great people,staff and facilities!Stayed about a week and was impressed with the vibe and the staff,even at times when under pressure.Traveling alone and it was easy to meet open minded new people.The Pub and terrace nights really help.Close to the station and walking distance to sights.No mouldy showers or smelly beds!! One downfall is a double bed is two singles put together.

The location is very nice, 10 minutes walk from Termini. However the facility could be improved, 3 people in my room have changed their room cards because it doesn't work so well.

I got put in a completely different building than the hostel which was lame. Plus I know there was empty beds in the main building. Atmosphere is so-so.