Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

There's a great atmosphere at Alessandro Palace as it has its own bar, and a lovely terrace at the top of the building! I've stayed in a few hostels in Rome and this is probably the best place for meeting people!

Verry very friendly helpful staff. The rooms were really comfortable. The bar has a great atmosphere at night time. Super easy to meet people. Nice and close to termini station. Would stay here again.

Nothing entirely special about the place. It's a decent place to stay if you can get a good price. The best features: it's only 5 minutes from Roma Termini and an amazing restaurant around the corner.

Fantastic staff. Well-located near train station, supermarket and some restaurants. Possible to walk to all the famous sites. No problem with the wifi. Breakfast wasn't worth it. I didn't socialise much but I could sense a good atmosphere in the bar. Didn't like having to put my keycard in for the electricity in the room - it's possible to forget it and having to get someone else's when you want to leave is a pain. One bathroom smelled funny in our room. Aircon worked well.

Just wanna say WOoooW.. my stay was a blast.. thank you for all the staff specially the 2 guys works in the morning.. thanks for all the recommendations.. meet lots of lovely peps.. good parties that the hostel organized.. will be back here again..

• 15th Jun 2014

Great hostel in a good easy to find area. Nice staff and great people staying there!

WiFi connections needed to be strong as I was on 3rd floor and to connect I have to come down at the bar, if that is fixed then :)

• 13th Jun 2014
  • RickyRsahni
  • India

I would recommend this place to anyone! It was a great place to meet other travelers from all over. The staff was extremely friendly and readily to help you. They had all kinds of events every night while I was there, I will say it is definitely a party hostel, but the location is perfect.

Great place, will stay next time I'm in rome

• 12th Jun 2014

Great Hostel. Great Staff. Great Location.. so happy to stay.. will stay here again soon. thank you Alessandro Palace Hostel..

• 12th Jun 2014

In general it is a good place with a good atmosphere where you can meet new people, they also manage very nice activities to encourage socialising. Probably the only bad point is the wifi, is absolutely bad, but as I was there to enjoy a good time rather than being connected to internet, then the final score is positive

Ideal location and good value for money.

This place is a bit of a 'battery farm' for travellers. But it's got great organisation re night life so easy to meet people. No frills. Beds and booze.

This is a very expensive hostel in comparison to what you get. The bunks are made for very short people and are more temporary bunks rather than dorm bunks. The rooms are very hot and aircon doesn't really work. The lockers are available but it's difficult to use your own lock (staff will help but also the have a vending machine for locks). Breakfast isn't worth the money. Wifi is spotty at best. The staff however are very helpful and fun.

Awesome place to stay, wicked atmosphere and nights out available to meet awesome people! Loved it!

A regular hostel with a beautiful roof garden with a view. I both liked and disliked the location — it is very close to central railway station (Roma Termin), but the neighborhood is really dirty with lots of homeless africans and indians, poor paving slab etc. Staff is excellent.

I stayed at the hostel with a friend of mine to see the sites of Rome and this was by far the most fun I've had at a hostel in all my travelling! The staff were friendly and easy going and the cocktail nights on the rooftop were amazing! Cheap, awesome cocktails and everyone from the hostel was mingling getting to know each other! Only takes 10-15 mins to get to the colosseum but if your lazy the metro is about 200m away! All in all good value. Highly recommend!

• 8th Jun 2014

I stayed four nights and I really appreciated it. It's closed to the rimini train station! Everything can be walked from the hostel (if you like to walk... Colosseum: 30 min walk). The staff was nice and helpful! The food is ok. They should bring people together for the night. Plus the toilets in dorms should be more clean! But overwall I recommend this hostel!!!

It was very close to the train and bus station termini, the directions were easy to get to. Once I got there, I was allowed to leave my bag downstairs in a common area. I didn't really like the sound if that bc it's not really safe. But everyone is trustworthy. It's also near the supermarket where I bought my water and breakfast fruits. The staff was always helpful and very kind. They also coordinated events such as a cookout where we met other travelers. The rooms and the bathrooms were clean.

Good atmosphere and very fun rooftop cocktail party some nights! Pretty far walking from most attractions but this was to be expected because Rome is so spread out. At least it was very close to the main train station which was nice for arriving and departing.