Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Definitely a fun place to meet new people and have fun! Staff was nice, but it would have been nice to have a kitchen at least, wifi is a little spotty, but overall a good experience.

Very nice clean hostel in the center of Rom only 5 min to the train station. The restaurant next door is ok; has more of a hotel atmosphere than hostel atmosphere - but it is a good place

Very good place and Friendly staff. I totally recommend this hostel for everyone.

Good hostel near to Termini, the bar close early but you can go to party near by. The Bramble Bar & Kitchen is next to the hostel, you have discounts and the food is good and not that expensive.

This was a great hostel for anyone who wants to meet other travelers because the bar area is really cute and there were events every night. The blankets were kind of gross looking. No shortage of hot water, but if someone was in your room's shower, you were kind of stuck. The location wasn't ideal because it was past the train station and we wanted to walk everywhere, but it still only took about 30 minutes to walk to the Colosseum and the Pantheon. Staff was very friendly and I felt safe.

• 25th Mar 2015

Decent location near termini. Everything about this place seems OK, especially the price. My only issue and for me its a large one, is that there was no atmosphere when I was there. I only met people in my room and people were rarely in the main room. maybe it was a consequence of the season but it made it less enjoyable.

Older hostel. Very dim lighting in the room and no personal light for your bed. You have to use your room key to have the lights on. Shower was dirty. Old towels and a pair of tights from someone who stayed in the room previously. Good location, few blocks from termini station. You have your own heater in the room so at least the temp in the room can be adjusted.

Location was a decent walk (not terrible though) from the main sights but that may be normal for Rome. Guy that checked us in was very friendly. No real common other than the common room was a little niggly but not a huge deal.

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel. The staff were really nice and helpful, the rooms were clean and had lockers and their own bathrooms. They had events some nights at the bar which made it really easy to meet other people. The location was not ideal but it was close to the main train station which made it very easy to visit other parts of the city.

Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Great location.

smooth stay, big room and clean bathrooms. the bed is comfortable, and reception open 24 hrs. breakfast is worth and delicious :) the wifi is free, and the party they organized was fun!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I only stayed for one night but I have no complaints. The location is good and everything worked alright in the room.

Stayed in many hostels over the years - some good, some bad - but have never felt compelled to complain before. However, I’m more than happy to make an exception for Alessandro Palace. One of our friends had his luggage stolen from the ‘security’ room following check-in. Even after witnessing the theft on CCTV, the staff couldn’t have been less helpful and Nas’ attitude towards us, and all other guests, was embarrassingly rude. There are plenty of better hostels around Termini. AVOID ALESSANDRO!

• 15th Mar 2015

The worst place which I visited in Italy. Very very noisy, not clean and very unhelpful staf. The pictures on the site are completely different from the reality. There are cheaper and nicer places in that location.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Israel

was a good stay, convenient location. front desk open 24 hrs. bar inside was nice, and the breakfast at the bramble was awesome! comfy bed & clean. wifi works okay, overall it was good!

• 11th Mar 2015

I stayed in this hostel for the 4 nights that I was in Rome, and it is conveniently located just a 5 minute walk from Termini train station. Because of he location, it was quite easy to walk everywhere in the city, rather than needing to rely on the bus or metro. The staff at the front desk were excellent and even offered to show me the nightlife from a locals perspective. The only downside is needing to use your key card to activate lights and power. I would stay here again.

I think the pictures portray more of an atmosphere than there really is. The staff was alright, not the most welcoming I've experienced. The overall stay was fine. I probably wouldn't stay there again because I like more of a fun and social atmosphere and better bar. But the location is close to the main train station and pretty easy to find. Rome is so big that you need to pay for the metro, it is very cheap though. Overall fine hostel, just not my favorite.

• 7th Mar 2015

I don't usually write reviews but this place was awesome. The staff took the time to learn my name and greeted me every time they saw me. The rooms were pretty clean and more than enough for a few nights stay. The wifi was good, and other facilities were great. Finally, my last night they held a bar crawl which was an awesome time and great for the price. Loved this place and will definitely stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2015

Only 5 mins from the train station, clean, private bathrooms in the room, excellent restraunt next door with discount prices ,great value for money

Nice place, very clean, great location, helpful and friendly staff. The bramble next door has amazing breakfast!