Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

the staff is so helpful and friendly, always putting smile on their face.. that's one of the good things i admire about this hostel.. big and clean rooms.. also there's a bar where you can meet a lot of friendly people.. rooftop where you can relax.. parties at night that the hostel arranged.. was a really really good stay.. definitely will come back if i have a chance.. thank you Alessandro Palace Crew.. your the best..

• 20th May 2014

the hostel is well located nad fine overall i guess, but they don't have a kitchen, which is really annoying.

Staff is good. Really. Nas is a cool guy. Beds were average, not very comfy but did their job. Breakfast was ok, even though it was paid (4 euro). Superb location, a 5 minute walk from Termini station. There are some parties run by the hostel, but we didn't join any of them (and we regret it).

Room was really spacious. However it was a little annoying to have to reenter the wifi password everytime it disconnects (which it does by itself sometimes)

Great staff, very friendly, thank you Alex and CJ for all your help. I have recommended this hostel to everyone I've talked to who is going to Rome, I will definitely stay here again when I return:):)

• 18th May 2014

very very good hostel.. i love my stay here.. location is good. the staff of Alessandro is awesome.. too much things to do like pub crawl, cocktail party on the patio..good drinks.. will stay here again.. thank you guys.

• 18th May 2014

Will not recommend this hostel to solo travel. There is not common area to meet people only the bar and in the bar there is noise and you can't really need anyone, there is the roof witch nice but empty.. So I, as a solo travel didn't like the place. The location is near the train station but this is not very nice area. Breakfast not included and expensive. The beds was clean but the bathroom not so match. The wifi was good

1) There is no locker key for the safe box. You have to buy it. Thus, the security is at zero level. 2) It's a dirty place. The cleaning is not regular (and that's for a hot southern city). 3) You will only receive one (1) bedsheet. You can use it EITHER: to sleep ON it (and cover yourself by dirty blanket), OR you'll cover yourself BY it (and sleep on the dirty mattress). Enjoy your choice. 4) Deposit is 5 euro to pay in cash upon arrival (though they'll give it back then).

The hostel was decent overall. Good staff, good room, sizey enough bathroom (we had a private room). The biggest let down was no kitchen (for a hostel???) they asked us to walk "10 minutes" to their sister hostel for a kitchen.... Ahh no. This said, they gave us a fork each to eat our (unheated) pasta we bought, so it wasn't horrible. Bar was OK and absolutely PUMPED on their night outs. Good location - easily walking distance to major sights. We'd stay again.

This hostel was great. The doors in the showers are rediculous though... I am a pretty skinny dude, and there was no way to get in an out of the shower without rubbing my back on the shower wall. There is no clearance at all, because the doors open into the shower. Rediculous. I was in two different rooms and this was the case in both. Good hostel regardless though.

the hostel was easy to find, very good location. upon check in the staff gave me a lot of info how to get to the main sites easily. during the night they have cocktail party at the patio and they also have a party at the bar! then during the morning they serve breakfast at the bar for only 4 euros, i can recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 14th May 2014

Absolutely love this place. It was my third time staying there and I might even be back again! Staff is amazing. Thanks a lot to my man Nas!

it is 8 min walk from Roma Termini station. the staffs were great and helpful. the room that we got was huge! it's more like a hotel rather than a hostel. the toilet and shower were large and clean. the beds were comfy too. lockers were huge. wifi was strong. can't complain much

fun stay, met a lot of people. the location was perfect to catch the train, metro and buses. thumbs up to all the staff! especially to Carlo, Cj, & Nas!

• 13th May 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is very good. Very nice Staff always willing to help. The location is Amazing, close to Termini Station that you can go everywhere around home by Bus/subway. I kitchen would be nice, but overall a nice place to stay

staff will welcome you upon your check in, serve cocktails at the rooftop, they also organized party. overall i had a great time here! thanks to all the staff!

• 12th May 2014

The pillow wasn't the best, but besides that the place was awesome and Nas at the front desk was super helpful. With it being so close to the train station it was definitely a great choice. Make sure you don't walk towards Alessandro Downtown though, that caused a 30 min. detour for me heading in the wrong way from the station.

Quite comfortable to sleep here. But a bit noise at the night.

luggage room has no lock. No help from the staff if I had to take my heavy luggage up the 3rd floor planned like a rabbit warren. Direction guide to my room was unclear. People smoked pot after 1 am in the shared room. Should have a closing time for guests coming into the hostel.

Overall I think the hostel was good and condition was satisfactory. I will prefer first this hostel for staying in Rome.

• 6th May 2014