Hostel Alex30 Reviews

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart, Germany

The location is near the train station by tram and near city center ,not very near though,the receptions english are not very good but good enough for basic communication.It is more like small hotel tip more than a homey type .

Friendly staff, nice, clean hostel! Keep it that way!

• 15th Sep 2014

Too bad it doesn't include breakfast, and for me it was very expensive (8E). I don't know it it is worth it or not because i didn't take it, but it seemed too much. That's the only thing i didn't like. They hae a nice kitchen and a pub-ish room wich was cool. I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, not bad at all.

WiFi worked in room no problem. Toilets and shower were separated which was nice. Hostel was clean. No elevator ("lift" for you Brits) so it can be a nice hike up the stairs to the rooms near the top of the building. Lockers were on the verge of being big enough for backpacks - but definitely won't fit a big pack. Booked a 5 bed room, got a 6 bed room. Didn't really complain since I was just there for a night but the management should consider delivering on what was promised to their customers.

Stayed for 2 nights, it was good in all facets. Lacking atmosphere when I was there but good if you want to relax.

Good stay for the price. I would recommend the hostel invest in some proxy card locks for the rooms. That way travellers could just pay a deposit for the card, and won't have to deal with a single key and make it easier to lock the door from the inside.

The hostel was good. I liked the lockers but I hated the key chain size and the idea of leaving the it at the receiption. I suffered from carrying my heavy bag till the 2nd floor using the stairs since there isn't a left. The other thing is that I felt bored except the last night maybe coz I didn't stay during the weekend. In general I recommend you stay there if you are looking for calm and peaceful place.

Hey there, Thanks very much for your rating. You're kindly asked to leave the key at reception for your own security. Since we have a 24h reception we want to know who is walking in and out, so only guests can get access to the rooms.We are very sorry that you felt bored. Unfortunately we are not allowed to build an elevator.

The best staff ever! Great bedrooms, bathrooms, clean. Excelent location.

Tidy, charmingly minimalist, and effective use of space. Guest services were perfectly cordial and accomodating. Most even genuinely friendly.

Hey (: We are so glad that you ejoyed staying with us! Thanks a lot for your rating.

I walked everywhere, even to the Hauptbahnhof so I saved ticket fares. the people I met there were friends to me. The breakfast was so rich, It was 8 euros may be expensive but worth it. Alexanderstrasse is a very nice place, away from the crowd of the city but walking distance. There is a supermarket very close. Bohnenviertel just a few minutes away is a nice district with cafes, art shops, galleries and restaurants.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Hey there, Thanks so much for your rating! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! (:

The wifi was excellent in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. I actually made my reservation for the wrong day and they changed it for me the day I arrived for no charge. No complaints here

Hey! It was our pleasure to change your reservation. thanks so much for your positive feedback! (:

The staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered, the rooms are nice, there is a nice lounge and a beer garden/terrace and the location is very central. The only minor criticisms I have are: 1) there are a limited number of fans available to lend to guests, so if it's very hot you might be out of luck, and 2) if you get a room in the corner near the front entrance and leave your windows open you can hear traffic and talking and smell cigarette smoke from outside.

large room. Located 10 minutes from the sights.

The staff is great, they are very helpful and good English speakers. The breakfast is not free and a bit expensive but it is very satisfying. Alex30 is like a large apartment rather than a hostel. Toilets and showers are clean and nice. The only problem is that the people, who are hanging around the entrance, make a lot of noise at night. Also the cleanning lady came into the room twice while i was sleeping, and went back when she saw me. It could be organized better.

I would not Stay here again. The vibe is off. The room is cheap but then you have to hire everything. I would much rather pay two more euro and have a fan in the room. I arrived and my linens hadn't been changed. When I asked the front desk, they seemed to say I was wrong. They gave me new sheets, but it put me off. The rest of the staff was super helpful and knowledgable!

Awsome hostal would stay there agan!

In my opinion, it's very unnecessary and rude to leave the keys of the room whenever you leave the hostel. Their excuse was "people might lose them" even though they put a huge key-finder thing on them. How could I trust people in such environment? How could I be sure that noone touched/went through the things that I put in my locker. The staff was also kind of rude especially about this. Next time, never ever this hostel !

We are very sorry that you felt this way! One of the reasons why our guests should leave their keys at the desk is that keys can get lost, and we've had some guests who forgot to give back their room key when checking out. Our reception is staffed 24 hours a day in order to increase security, so no one else can use a key except the person with the matching room card. We are sorry you won't be coming back, but we hope that you still had a good time in Stuttgart! Your Hostel Alex30 Team

Miriam at the front desk was very helpful and attentive. Location was good, rooms were clean

Great little hostel, great breakfast, nice bar, friendly staff, great location/.

The internet is very fast !! but unstable in my room. The location is also fantastic. Just 100m away from tram stop