Hostel Alex30 Reviews

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart, Germany

The wifi was excellent in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. I actually made my reservation for the wrong day and they changed it for me the day I arrived for no charge. No complaints here

The staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered, the rooms are nice, there is a nice lounge and a beer garden/terrace and the location is very central. The only minor criticisms I have are: 1) there are a limited number of fans available to lend to guests, so if it's very hot you might be out of luck, and 2) if you get a room in the corner near the front entrance and leave your windows open you can hear traffic and talking and smell cigarette smoke from outside.

large room. Located 10 minutes from the sights.

The staff is great, they are very helpful and good English speakers. The breakfast is not free and a bit expensive but it is very satisfying. Alex30 is like a large apartment rather than a hostel. Toilets and showers are clean and nice. The only problem is that the people, who are hanging around the entrance, make a lot of noise at night. Also the cleanning lady came into the room twice while i was sleeping, and went back when she saw me. It could be organized better.

I would not Stay here again. The vibe is off. The room is cheap but then you have to hire everything. I would much rather pay two more euro and have a fan in the room. I arrived and my linens hadn't been changed. When I asked the front desk, they seemed to say I was wrong. They gave me new sheets, but it put me off. The rest of the staff was super helpful and knowledgable!

Awsome hostal would stay there agan!

In my opinion, it's very unnecessary and rude to leave the keys of the room whenever you leave the hostel. Their excuse was "people might lose them" even though they put a huge key-finder thing on them. How could I trust people in such environment? How could I be sure that noone touched/went through the things that I put in my locker. The staff was also kind of rude especially about this. Next time, never ever this hostel !

We are very sorry that you felt this way! One of the reasons why our guests should leave their keys at the desk is that keys can get lost, and we've had some guests who forgot to give back their room key when checking out. Our reception is staffed 24 hours a day in order to increase security, so no one else can use a key except the person with the matching room card. We are sorry you won't be coming back, but we hope that you still had a good time in Stuttgart! Your Hostel Alex30 Team

Miriam at the front desk was very helpful and attentive. Location was good, rooms were clean

Great little hostel, great breakfast, nice bar, friendly staff, great location/.

The internet is very fast !! but unstable in my room. The location is also fantastic. Just 100m away from tram stop

Very friendly and helpful staff!

• 24th Jun 2014

Very nice rooms, good value breakfast, stairs not so easy to maneuver with luggage but the staff did help some girls with their bags

Great place, friendly staff, short walk to city centre and good kitchen.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful, at all hours of the day. The hostel itself is kept very clean and has a nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

• 21st Jun 2014

Staff knows alot and are extemely friendly, its a really unique hostel that make people feel welcome

Hostel fronts onto a major road and tram line so front rooms are very noisy. Close to supermarket, restaurants and you can easily walk into the city.

Lovely cosy little bar down beside reception. One downside, breakfast not worth the money.

The smell of the bathroom was little bit bad

I only stayed in this hostel one evening. But the facilities were clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I rated it average on location because it is a very long walk from the train station so it's better to take the metro over, which wasn't difficult. And it's very close to the metro stop.

Friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast. Right near 4-5 U Bahn lines that can take you anywhere.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback (: