8.1
Fabulous 956 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 956 Total Reviews
Hostel Alex30 Located at Alexanderstrasse 30, , Stuttgart.
Germany
Stuttgart 70184 Alexanderstrasse 30
81% 956
48.7741371 9.1879391
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

I stayed one night in December and thought that Alex 30 was fine , very clean, and with good facilities. It's close to the centre of Stuttgart , very walkable and well serviced by public transport . I think if the hostel upgraded their bunk beds ( the dorm I stayed in had creaky bunks ) ,put in proper pillows and added a couple more sockets for phone charging then it would make it even better. It's a cosy hostel in winter. The one euro welcome drink is a nice touch and staff were friendly !

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Oct 2016
5.7

A very average place. The staff when I arrived in the morning were very blunt with their attitude. There was no smiling, making it feel very much like a business transaction. When I arrived in the afternoon to check in, they did not inform me I was meant to reserve my bed with the red tag. There was no social atmosphere in the evening, and when I wanted to make a phone call the person at reception was again very blunt. Their staff need to lighten up and smile and be more friendly towards guests.

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that you did not feel comfortable, sometimes there is much to do and you get into stress maybe that was just such a situation. Basically, you are right and we should be friendly. Perhaps you were in one day with many business customers basically in the bar area in the evening always something going on. We hope you give us another chance.

• England, Male, 31-40
14th Oct 2016

Lovely hostel and staff.

22nd Sep 2016

Enjoyable stay, only observation is that whilst the check-in guy was incredibly friendly, the check-out guy was a little standoffish. But very happy to recommended overall.

• England, Male, 31-40
20th Sep 2016
6.9

the last night the forgot my pillow!!! I had to sleep without pillow, my room was at the top floor and with no lift and no phone, I was so tired to go down stair and ask for another one......

Thank you for your rating. We hope you enjoyed the stay. Normally there shouldn´t miss a pillow so we want to apologize. You can also call us directly. The number is on the room card you get. We hope to welcome you again.

18th Sep 2016
7.1

We were much happier here for the night we spent here than the night before that we spent in another hostel (jugendherberge international). Quite a cosy hostel with good facilities.

18th Sep 2016

The good: 1. WiFi works in my room (106) 2. Clean bathrooms and showers 3. You have to leave your keys at the front desk, meaning that there's basically no way you can lose them 4. Not in city center, but a block away from the U Bahn that will take you there in under 10 minutes What could be better: 1. Use less creaky beds so that they make no noise as people enter/leave 2. Add chargers at every bed

Thank you for your great review and good description. We are happy that the wifi now works everywhere and with no problems. :-) Normally the beds are just empty if the bed is not sold. We have recognized the problem with the sockets and think of a solution that will be sufficient charging stations in the rooms.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Sep 2016
6.9

the room had no air conditioning/fan, which during a 30+ degree day and with 6 men in the room, made it quite an uncomfortable sleep. we resorted to opening the window, however that opened up to the main road, so at 5am tram's began rolling past. bed was comfy, room was a good size and amenities were great, but the room accomodation let it down.

Thank you for your rating. In Germany there are very less days with more that 30 degress that´s why air condition doesn´t really make a sense. We have signs in the hostel that you could rent a fan for a deposit at the front desk normally that should solve the problem. We hope to welcome you again.

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Sep 2016

Great stay!!! GREAT location. A few minutes walk to all the main sites or if you don't like walking , train or tram stop less than a few mins from hostel. Awsome quirky hostel. Recommended. Not too much of an atmosphere when I was here but maybe it's more in the summer months! Would stay again (but I always like to try different hostels haha) if you haven't tried it . try it.

Thank you for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed the stay. Sometimes we have a lot of business guests so the people are not in the bar area. We can help you if you want to hang out or meet new people. Sometimes you should stay at a place you already liked. :-)

31st Aug 2016

This place is reasonably placed, only about a 5-10min train ride to the main platz, they keep your keys in the hostel so you never loose them, which is nice. Never tried the breakfast. Only down side was the lack of elavator and the very narrow stairs. It is located very near a train station. I would recommend this place to anyone.