Fabulous 979 Total Reviews
Fabulous 979 Total Reviews
Hostel Alex30 Located at Alexanderstrasse 30, , Stuttgart.
Germany

Was fab! free towels, great kitchen, 24hour staff, free padlock

• aplazaarias2397
  • Spain, Male, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

Amazing value for price. Facilities are spotless (everything looks very new). Really nice staff that will help you with a smile. Luggage room in the basement with personal key. 2 mins away from an U-bahn stop and only 30 mins away from the airport. Will definitely recommend the hostel to my friends traveling to Stuttgart!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

You have to leave your key at the front desk every time you go out. The hostel is nice, but there are a lot of stairs. The staff are friendly and the place is kept clean.

18th Dec 2016

Perfect place. A lot of tram around this place. The staff allow me to put my bag inside the locker at early morning for free before I check in. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much for this great rating. We are happy you enjoyed the stay and we could helped you. We hope to welcome you soon again.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
16th Dec 2016

A very nice and clean hostel close to everything. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, exactly what I was looking for. But if you are looking more of a 'youth hostel vibe' then you might not find it here (I don't know how it is in the summer time, my stay was in mid-December). The breakfast was convenient and okay, yet a bit pricey. Overall I really enjoyed my stay!

Thank you very much for your good rating. We are happy you enjoyed the stay. At December we have a lot Finnish people in the Hostel who works at the Christmas Market we thought you meet them. Next time just ask and maybe we can arrange something for you. We hope to welcome you again.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th Dec 2016

Very clean, comfortable hostel in a central location (very close to a U-Bahn stop and a 10 minute walk to central city) with helpful staff. Good secure baggage storage. Lots of choice if you take the €8 breakfast which you can sign up for the evening before.

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy you enjoyed the stay and we hope to welcome you soon again.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
15th Dec 2016
6.9

I stayed three days in a single-room at this hostel. All in all, everything was to my satisfaction: I had a nice, light and clean room on the second floor, a good breakfast and always friendly staff. Only two minus points: my noisy Spanish neighbours, who were more or less screaming at each other till late at night (2 o'clock). So please beware of thin walls and always take earplugs with you! Other guests who smoke at toilets or make a mess out of them, so that staff has to clean everything

Thank you for your rating. Please if it´s noisy at night call us on the room card is the phone number and the night shift will check what´s going on. We also have ear plugs for free at the reception if that´s necessary. We also try to check who´s smoking in the house smoking is totally forbidden. Please inform us directly if you recognize something like that. Thank you and we hope to welcome you again

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Dec 2016
7.7

The Hostel is easy to find and only about 10minutes walk from the city centre. I found the staff to be quite rude and unhelpful. The facilities are good. The kitchen is well equipped. They offer breakfast in the morning for 8€ which I think is a little pricey. There is a common room, I found it to be empty. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bathroom is fine, I found the shower to spray water everywhere. A decent stay.

Thank you for the review. We are sad that you didn´t enjoy your stay. Normally no one is rude in the hostel and we try to help you as much as we can. We have some times a lot of workers and couples in the hostel maybe that´s why the common room was not full at night?! We hope to welcome you again

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th Dec 2016

Alex 30 was in an excellent location. So easy to get to. And it was super close to the city. An easy couple of minutes stroll down to the Christmas markets. The staff were knowledgable and great. They knew plenty of things about the city and helped with bus/train/tram tickets and gave plenty of advice with important sights to see and do. This place even offered a one euro beer on arrival! There was a refundable €5 deposit on towels and keys which was great too. I'd happily stay there again!

Thank you very much for this super review. We are so happy you enjoyed the stay and we could help you. Also thank you for the great description of the hostel and the area. We hope to welcome you soon again.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

I stayed one night in December and thought that Alex 30 was fine , very clean, and with good facilities. It's close to the centre of Stuttgart , very walkable and well serviced by public transport . I think if the hostel upgraded their bunk beds ( the dorm I stayed in had creaky bunks ) ,put in proper pillows and added a couple more sockets for phone charging then it would make it even better. It's a cosy hostel in winter. The one euro welcome drink is a nice touch and staff were friendly !

Thank you very much for your nice review and the good description. We will check the bunk beds in our break in 2 weeks and also the sockets. We hope to welcome you soon again. :-)