Hostel Alex30 Reviews

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart, Germany

Great hostel with a nice backpacker feeling. Very friendly staff and bar/relax area for people to get together.

I had a great experience staying at hostel Alex30. The breakfast had many options and was very good. The service I received from the employees was helpful, understanding, and polite. The facility was soooo clean. Everything I needed was available. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I would (and have) recommend (ed) this hostel as a superb place to stay to anyone in Stuttgart, Germany! I loved my stay! Thank you very much to the staff at Hostel Alex30.

• 18th Mar 2014

Hey there, Thanks so much for your rating! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! :)

It's a hostel, neither an exceptional one or a poor one. Good place for a no frills night of sleep in adequate surrounds. Having to pay 5 Euro deposits for everything from towels to lockers is annoying, just be sure to keep track of the little chip they give you. They may or may not refund your money without it.

• 13th Mar 2014

Hey there, Thanks for your rating. We now upgraded the rooms with new lockers. so with every room key you will get a locker key as well. No need to pay a deposit anymore (:

Excellent location. Female dorm room not very large, when fully occupied, you really feel crammed.

this is a good hostel as well, the staff are friendly. the location is good that you can take the S-Bahn easily.

Excellent!

the room was disturbed by the traffic -I coud not sleep well breakfast is too expensive blanket was too thin -I had cold feet

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Austria

Thanks for your feedback We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping. Since we have a 24h reception our staff is more than happy to provide you with extra bedding or to let you move into one of our quieter rooms. Alex 30

It's a good hostel to start for a couple of days!!

Just a quick one night stay. Overall good. Didn't spend a lot of time at the hostel. The location is well connected to the city center via the U-bahn. Would stay here again.

Good location easy to get around, close to pt. Staff a bit stiff for a hostel. Nice rooms. Good kitchen

I had a lovely stay. Friendly atmosphere and the cutest staff. Nice breakfast and easy to find the hostel. Close to everything.

Hey there, Thanks so much for your rating! We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back anytime! (: Alex 30

The Location is perfect, near charlottenplatz is pretty central and you can walk into the city. Breakfast is a bit expensive. But there are plenty good locations near by like a cheap bakery or "hüftengold". I extended my stay which was no problem. I would book this place any time again. Cleanliness could be better, but I cant blame the hostel for messy visitors who havent learned to go to the toilett without leaving a wet or red (ladies room) mess.

• 5th Jan 2014

I wish I stayed longer as this hostel is the best! I asked if they had jut opened as they are so clean and everything seems new. They have been operating for 10 years and you can tell that the operations run very smoothly. Is close to tram and central area. Super nice to have a good quilt with quality linen (not just a cheap polyester blanket as many hostels do).

Thank you very much we hope to welcome you soon. :-)

Great hostel. Small but great. Very neat and tidy. Good impression as soon as you get in. Will recommend to anyone travelling to Stuttgart. Not a place to party, if thats what you're after, but a good spot to enjoy a beer before or after heading out.

Thanks so much for your rating! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here :)

Good Location and very helpful staff!

Thanks very much (:

When i am back in Stuttgart i will definitely stay at Alex30 again. The staff were very friendly and it was very close to all the places or public transport so was well worth staying at Alex30. I look forward to Alex30 having Hostels in other major cities.

Thanks very much for your rating! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! You're more than welcome to stay with us again (:

Our room smelled like a mixture of cleaning agents and cigarette smoke but other than that, it was pretty good.

Hey there, we are sorry to hear that your room smelled like smoke.We are trying to pull through with an absolute non smoking policy in our rooms. We actually charge people for it since it is in our code of conduct... Again, we are really sorry. We are still greatful that you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Thanks for your rating (: Hostel Alex30

Enjoyed my stay, staff were helpful and my bed was comfortable. Apparently one of the other rooms had bedbugs but problem wad quickly attended too.

The hostel was quiet during this time of year so not exactly ideal for solo travelers, but overall a good hostel. Great shower facility, and some pretty cool views if you get a good room. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was more than okay, with lockers and lock available for a small deposit. Paid breakfast was good, though again not many people during this time of year. Close to shops, tram, underground and a pretty damn good kebab store.

Very close to downtown Stuttgart and 1 minute walk to the trams. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Showers had hot water always!!! Even had daily free bread, pastries and fruit on the reception counter!