Hostel Alex30 Reviews

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart, Germany

It was a great hostel! Clean, friendly staff and a great and fresh breakfast!! What else can someone ask? Will definitely visit again!! Liebe Grüße aus Berlin!!

• 15th May 2014
  • Greece

Thanks so much for your rating. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Grüße aus Stuggi (:

Second time at Alex. Good value, clean, with a friendly and helpful staff. Not in the center of town but easy access to tram. In a nice area, 15 minute walk to Stuttgart center. Good bar, TV room. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Great Hostel in central location- nice and clean.

• 8th May 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dorms were clean and well laid out. The lockers were a little loud because they are metal but it is nice to have a locker provided. There is a great terrace to sit on which is great when the weather is nice. You get a welcome drink for 1 Euro during the stay as well. I was there when a very large group was there and found that people were not very social in the common area. Walking distance to the city center and steps away from a train stop!

This hostel is located near a tram which is good however not walking distance to City unfortunately which is why I deducted a point. It's very clean which is great, but the beds are aluminum so it's very squeaky. It's mostly German people and groups so it's not an international hostel experience. The curly hair girl in reception is very friendly, the guys are so so. There is no elevator and there are many steep stairs so for not easy for someone with huge luggage. Overall it's clean and cute.

A nice hostel a walkable distance from the city centre and train station.

We had a short but very comfortable stay in this hostel. It was very clean, a good location and the facilities were great, especially the well equipped kitchen that can be used by travellers. We definitely recommend this place;)

Great place! Excellent location. But I don't like to be obligated to leave the keys at the reception when I am out of the hostel. Most times they don't check what keys you are asking for. And the room keys include the cabinets keys, so it's not totally safe to keep anything there. And twice there were nobody at the reception for 2 minutes, so anyone could pick up any key. The cabinet was not very safe too: it was possible to bend easily the door to have access to it.

Great hostel with a nice backpacker feeling. Very friendly staff and bar/relax area for people to get together.

Very good stay. Good and pleasant room. Not cheap, but not too expensive. Helpful and kind staff, free good WiFi. Good location, near the Schlossplatz and a metro station less than 50 meters far. Only problem is that they don't have sockets for all beds, so we can't charge our cellphones easily :(

I had a great experience staying at hostel Alex30. The breakfast had many options and was very good. The service I received from the employees was helpful, understanding, and polite. The facility was soooo clean. Everything I needed was available. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I would (and have) recommend (ed) this hostel as a superb place to stay to anyone in Stuttgart, Germany! I loved my stay! Thank you very much to the staff at Hostel Alex30.

• 18th Mar 2014

Hey there, Thanks so much for your rating! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! :)

It's a hostel, neither an exceptional one or a poor one. Good place for a no frills night of sleep in adequate surrounds. Having to pay 5 Euro deposits for everything from towels to lockers is annoying, just be sure to keep track of the little chip they give you. They may or may not refund your money without it.

• 13th Mar 2014

Hey there, Thanks for your rating. We now upgraded the rooms with new lockers. so with every room key you will get a locker key as well. No need to pay a deposit anymore (:

Excellent location. Female dorm room not very large, when fully occupied, you really feel crammed.

this is a good hostel as well, the staff are friendly. the location is good that you can take the S-Bahn easily.

Excellent!