Hostel Alex30 Reviews

Alexanderstrasse 30, Stuttgart, Germany

Free coffee during the day, a great kitchen and not having to worry about a key during the day (you leave them at reception) were the highlights. Having separate dorms for girls and guys was annoying though, my boyfriend and I had to keep swapping stuff over two different floors. No lift and a lot of stairs! We paid for 5 bed dorms, I got a 3 bed which was very nice, but my boyfriend got a 6 bed which was cramped. Overall a good hostel, just some things to be prepared for.

It was a great hostel. Worth the price, overall in a good spot. Great kitchen and very close to a cheap market. The staff is very nice and friendly. Meeting people was easily capable, like my good friend Sadé. They help everyone out, with maps and lower price tickets for museums.

• 10th Nov 2014

All the necessary amenities in a cute hostel near the center of Stuttgart. Will b back :)

Thank you for your good review and your kind comment. We would be honored to welcome you as our guest again in the future!

Decent hostel, nice little bar area to socialise with other guests. Having to hand in your key when you leave the hostel is a little odd at first but has the benefit of not having to leave a deposit (at another hostel in the area it was a €20 deposit!), only take seconds to hand in/collect your key. I can't speak for the quality of the breakfast as I haven't found any hostel that had a breakfast (paid or free) that was worth €8. All up a nice place to stay in Stuttgart.

very clean facilities, very close to city, staff was friendly and professional, beds were ok and all linen were included and even made already, i didn't take the breakfast as i think 8 euros are really a bit steep, a free locker per bed is included, small cozy bar to hang out In the evening in case you need to make new friends

• 6th Nov 2014

A small hostel with good value and location

Thank you for your good review and your kind comment. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very bad Wifi connection. Small leak from the shower into our room.

Liked that hire of things was 'free' - just a deposit that you get back.

The lockers were falling apart, I had things stolen and the staff didn't seem to really care. They tried charging €8 for a minimal breakfast of warm yoghurt and dry bread. The bunks wern't very private with not many plug sockets nearby. Pretty grim.

We're sorry that you feel your experience at our hostel was lacking. Though you state our lockers are in bad shape, they live up to an industry standard and are tamper proof, offering a safe place to store your valuables. Even though you left your belongings on your bed, I took the time to search through the previous day's laundry without luck, and as a gesture offered you a full complimentary breakfast (fruit, dairy, cereals, and meats). We're sorry for any discomfort you may have endured.

Staff are really friendly and helpful, the hostel is well located and the hostel is clean. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you very much for this nice comment. We hope to see you again. Have a good time.

Cleanliness

The location is near the train station by tram and near city center ,not very near though,the receptions english are not very good but good enough for basic communication.It is more like small hotel tip more than a homey type .

Friendly staff, nice, clean hostel! Keep it that way!

Too bad it doesn't include breakfast, and for me it was very expensive (8E). I don't know it it is worth it or not because i didn't take it, but it seemed too much. That's the only thing i didn't like. They hae a nice kitchen and a pub-ish room wich was cool. I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, not bad at all.

WiFi worked in room no problem. Toilets and shower were separated which was nice. Hostel was clean. No elevator ("lift" for you Brits) so it can be a nice hike up the stairs to the rooms near the top of the building. Lockers were on the verge of being big enough for backpacks - but definitely won't fit a big pack. Booked a 5 bed room, got a 6 bed room. Didn't really complain since I was just there for a night but the management should consider delivering on what was promised to their customers.

Stayed for 2 nights, it was good in all facets. Lacking atmosphere when I was there but good if you want to relax.

Good stay for the price. I would recommend the hostel invest in some proxy card locks for the rooms. That way travellers could just pay a deposit for the card, and won't have to deal with a single key and make it easier to lock the door from the inside.

The hostel was good. I liked the lockers but I hated the key chain size and the idea of leaving the it at the receiption. I suffered from carrying my heavy bag till the 2nd floor using the stairs since there isn't a left. The other thing is that I felt bored except the last night maybe coz I didn't stay during the weekend. In general I recommend you stay there if you are looking for calm and peaceful place.

Hey there, Thanks very much for your rating. You're kindly asked to leave the key at reception for your own security. Since we have a 24h reception we want to know who is walking in and out, so only guests can get access to the rooms.We are very sorry that you felt bored. Unfortunately we are not allowed to build an elevator.

The best staff ever! Great bedrooms, bathrooms, clean. Excelent location.

1 2 Next » last »