Hostel Alice Reviews

Rua Harmonia, 1275, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Nice place, but not as nice as other places we've stayed with such a high rating. Breakfast was amazing! The only big downer was that money was stolen from my bag.

I love Hostel Alice because is one of bests in São Paulo. The place is good, the people who work there is nice and kind. Everytime i go to São Paulo i stay there.

Bathrooms were not cleaned well and paper towels were used up and not restocked during my three night stay. Clumps of hair sat on the floor of the showers and there was a bad smell coming from the toilets most of the time. Staff could be more knowledgable regarding how to get around and the different museums in the area (such as the urban art musem). Good location but still a decent 15/20 minute walk to the busiest part of Vila Madelena. The walk back to the hostel is mostly uphill.

Wonderful staff, great location, comfortable beds in spacious rooms and clean and modern kitchen and bathroom. I wish I would have stayed longer!

The staff were so welcoming and fun, and helped us with anything we needed. Near to lots of fun bars and some good restaurants and very close to the metro. Would definitely come back again

The Hostel Alice is very comfortable and clean, the atmosphere is cool great to make friends. Everyday has something to do with mates and the Vila Madalena is the great neighbourhood to go out for party's, pubs and restaurants . I recommend, my stayed there was amazing.

• 3rd Jan 2016

The hostel have a very good atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. On the breakfast there wasn't natural fruit juice but it was ok. We have option to make scrambled eggs and sandwiches.They should improve the cleaning on the toilets and the numbet of sport channels on the TV.

Great location in Vila Madalena, close to the metro. Big well equipped kitchen and a Nice garden. Staff is friendly.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Norway

The hostel is well located near the subway station, but there doesn't seem to be much else happening nearby. The place is clean but lacks atmosphere and lacks common social area

It is a quite nice Hostel but a bid for away from the going out area.

A quiet and friendly home away from home. felt instantly at home with the friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Really good value for money. The staff were so accommodating for anything i needed or any questions i had. They really were like friends. The hostel was spacious, the communal areas and courtyard were welcoming and comfortable. The brazilians i met there were regulars who said this was the best play they had found. I felt like a local there.

• 29th Oct 2015

Great Hostel, safe location, really friendly staff. I took advantage of the airport pick up and it was really good, the driver was really nice and even picked me up at 4:30am. Wifi in the hostel is not perfect and can get filled up, but when it works, everything is good. If you want to stay in Vila Madalena, then you should definitely check out this hostel!

Awesome staff and atmosphere. Unfortunately there is no air conditioner, the room was too hot at the time.

Great staff and location, fittings and furniture quite basic e.g. my mattress was worn through but excellent value for money overall. Breakfast includes fresh cake made by whoever was doing shift on the previous night, which gives it a really nice touch!

It's the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The staff are very kind and helpful. The place is spotless with clean sheets. All the facilities you need. They have a large kitchen with two sinks, two cookers so lots of people can use the facilities at the same time. They even have a Mac and a PC depending on which you prefer. The breakfast is great, they make fresh cake every morning and have cheese and ham and all other essentials. Location is 3mins from subway and great area.

I will definitely stay there again if I come back to São Paulo

I do recommend this hostel very much. Homemade cake for breakfast, great staff, clean, relaxed, 3 minutes walking from the subway station.

Really nice hostel with excellent staff and location. Nice people there as well, great breakfast, and overall nice atmosphere. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you Denise! It's been very nice to see you again! :) Cheers, Adrian

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Great staff - very friendly and helpful. They all speak very good English! Hostel is nice and cosy! Will definitely stay again if I go back!!