Hostel Alma & Cafe Express Reviews

37 Folkestone Road, Dover, Kent, Dover, England

Do not go there! I mean it. The owner is definitely noone you would like to meet - I booked it just to find out that they did not have the room for me and they wanted me to pay twice as much for another room. When I refused they told me to get out... So I did. I found a much nicer place to stay. This place is below all expectations. I have never been treated in such an unrespectful way!

Staff was very unfriendly!!!

Pros: double room was great, possibly best I have stayed in a hostel cons: very easy to get locked out. there is no reception.

Clean and good B&B, I am 2.00 mtrs high unfortunatly I couldn't stay in the hallway and it's impossible to stand and pis in the toilet. (Have to sit) :(

• 30th Jul 2013

Well, the rooms in the hostel are very small, so as the kitchen where you will not find facilities to cook; just microwave. Beds are very confortable though. Free biscuits and coffee. The internet connection is not good. Breakfast is served in the morning very early from 7 to 8 am. Water in the bathroom wasn't too hot for me but, that's very personal since I like very hot water. Location is very good, 5 min walk to the train station, 20-25 min walk to the castle.