Hostel Alma & Cafe Express Reviews

37 Folkestone Road, Dover, Kent, Dover, England

After I read the reviews I was kind of scared to stay here. But I had a really nice stay. The hostel is quite at night and very cheap for a solo traveller.

I had been at an interview all day and I just wanted to rest. Check in was stated to be at 3pm on their website - I turned up, all locked, no response. It looked like it was out of business! I left and went to get a coffee. I called the number provided every half hour - no response. Not even an answer machine message. After turning 6pm I decided to go to Dover backpackers/the castle. They actually answered their phone! Give Dover backpackers your money, Hostel ALMA stole all £27.

• 15th Jan 2015