Hostel Altair

Rating 491 Total Reviews

• Vietnam, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2017
3.1

The room is quite clean but the stair to go to the room is really dark and scary. The smell is really bad as well. They gave us a bed draft to use as a blanket. The hostel is in third floor but there is no escalator to go there while our luggage are heavy. Anyway, it is not worth to spend such an amount of money to stay in a bad hostel like this.

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2017
3.1

The worst hostel I've stayed in to date. I got to the property, which is very old, had to climb up 4 flights of stairs with all my luggage since they don't have a lift. They don't take card- had to walk to bank with all my luggage. Finally got checked in, they said my room was at their "other property" 2km away. Walked there at 11pm with all my luggage in a bad part of town. Out of date, not secure, unclean, not worth paying a dime for. The smells were horrid, sheets unclean, cramped space.

• Lithuania, Male, 31-40
19th Aug 2017
4.3

I found online for 58 euros per night. I been charged 7 euros and rest have to pay in hostel 51 euros. But they said no. You have to pay 60. I try show them my confirmation but they not listen me. They gave us some plates. But they were dirty. Water not go away through the sink. I asked where is the best cheapest parking he shows me and i been charged 24 euros for 12 hours. After i found myself for 25 euros 24 hours.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2017
2.6

Terrible experience at this hostel, the aircon did not work for such a small room with 6 people. The staff did not show any remorse towards this. After having to leave this hostel with an already paid night we did not get our money back.

• England, Male, 41+
11th Aug 2017
6.9

No parking. Impossible to park nearby. Staff were helpful. The room was very cramped but clean. Poor shower. Fantastic location in the middle of Nice. Had to walk 20 minutes from the office to get to the room. On the whole very basic but fair for the price.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
3.7

The room was extremely hot, and not in the main hostel. We had to walk to a different building. However it was located close to the beach and shops.

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
6.0

Was not in the hostel I though i was in, was told I was in the 'hotel'. Although it was a better location that the other site, it was a tiny room with 6 people sleeping in it, very hot not very comfortable, luckily Nice is great so didn't spend a lot of time there. Also very expensive for such a tiny room, but I guess Nice isn't a cheap city ...

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
3.7

The location we were sent to was different to what the website said. The wifi did not work for the first day. Refrigerator in room barely kept our food cold. We were only given one key between three people. The room had a faulty air conditioner and only a fan which made the room very hot. We had one roll of toilet paper to last 3 days. When we requested for toilet paper we were given a half full tissue box. The six bedroom room barely had any luggage space. Would not recommend to anyone

31st Jul 2017

Only i had a problem in this hostel was from flying insects like mosquitoes . They bit many places of my skin when I was sleeping. My room was nearest room from the reception and the kitchen. Other girls told me the same thing in the room when I was waken up. But another room where my fellow stayed was no problem about the insects. There is a pharmacy shop next to the hostel showing the add of the protection from insects in window. I guess there are many in Nice in summer time.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2017
3.4

Terrible customer service, not a great community environment like you would see in most hostels. Actually moved to a different (cheaper) hostel and it was lovely! Basically stole money from us.

×