6.0
Good 398 Total Reviews
6.0
Good 398 Total Reviews
Hostel Altair Located at 10 Rue de Suisse, , Nice.
France
Nice 06000 10 Rue de Suisse
60% 398
43.7031372 7.2646370
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
7.1

It was nice enough, the rooms weren't too bad but the kitchen facilities were pants. There wasn't that good a vibe and even though there was a common area nobody really used it so it was hard to meet people. However, it provided a great safety zone after we were in the terrorist attack on Bastille Day so I can't complain too much. I'd stay here again if I came back to Nice on a budget trip.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
6.9

Good location, close to railway station and lots of restaurants surrounding the hostel. Good facilities such as the kitchen and common room. However you couldn't put the lock on the inside of the room in case other roommates tried to get in, so felt a little unsafe. (Someone came into our room realised it wasn't hers and walked out again)

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
8th Jul 2016
7.7

This hostel is situated in a excellent location. 1 minute from the shopping street and 2 tram stops to beach (or 20 minutes walk). It has a nice common area, small kitchen and small rooms. Everything was very clean. We arrived earlier. It was possible to leave our bags behind and come back later. You can also wait in the common area. I found the price too high though: about 60 euro for 2 beds (4 beds room) but then again Nice is a popular destination and its high season.

• sgran028878
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
5.1

Travelled as a large group of 16 people. Facilities are pretty run-down (as expected for cheapest hostel in Nice). NOTE: They expect CASH payment (even if its over 1000 euros in total...), which was NOT noted anywhere. They ended up accepting payment by credit card, but were VERY rude the entire process, and kept insulting us at every opportunity (and during our entire stay); we were astonished at how rude they were. Other than horrible staff, there were large cockroaches in building lobby- eww!

• Ireland, All Male Group, 18-24
30th Jun 2016
3.1

A proper hostel review for all the proper lads out there. PROS: ♡Nice is Nice! (Banter) CONS: ¤Cockroaches everywhere ¤ Rat poo in the kitchen draws (now don't get me wrong, I love my herbs and spices, but this one ain't for me) ¤Airconditioning doesn't work. Rooms are proper boiling ¤ Tiny Rooms ¤ Dirty kitchen utensils ¤ Not many, if any kitchen utensils ¤ Rude staff (don't think 'oh I don't care about staff anyway, because these guys make you feel awkward as hell) DON'T YOLO IT U

• England, Male, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
2.0

I would love to be able to review this hostel properly. However, we never got to stay there. Despite having our confirmed booking and arriving promptly, the receptionist told us that it was full. We then had to wait for her to call a colleague who came to the Altair, and we followed him to for about 20 minutes to get to the place that we did stay at. Even then, the three person private room that we had booked was in fact a four that we were told to share with a stranger.

• Finland, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
3.4

I have never experienced such bad customer service. The guy at the reception was cussing and yelling, he refused to tell us whether our reservation was for two or three people and that we had to figure it out by ourselves. In addition, no one came to clean our room, take the trash out or give toilet paper during our 3 night stay there. From the first minute we felt unwelcome and I don't want to ever go there again.

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
2.3

The staff were rude and the place is disgusting one of the staff also assaulted my friend the place smells awful and when I arrived home I found they had charged my account £150 for no reason when I rang them the person just laughed about it and offered no reason as to why they had, they said I couldn't get my money back and called me an English c**t

25th Jun 2016
2.6

We had an absolutely terrible experience; there were people doing drugs and drinking right outside the front doors as well as cops when we showed up. When we called to say we'd pay but not stay there the owner yelled incoherently at us for 5 minutes. Nice is wonderful, please don't let this place ruin your stay. There are super cheap hotels all over!

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
2.0

We were harassed within the hostel, the front desk was closed so we were not able to switch rooms until the next morning. My friend and I had to share a tiny twin bed on the second bunk. There was no AC in the room and we heard construction and fighting all night and did not sleep. At morning we complained about the incident and asked for our money back for the remaining nights so we could move to a safer environment, this request was denied, we left. The girl employee tried to help.