Hostel Altair

Rating 469 Total Reviews
5.4
Rating 469 Total Reviews

13th Jul 2017

Great location, close to the train station, Friendly staff

• Hungary, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2017
7.1

It was goodish except we were told that there were bugs in all the beds which is kind of gross. Some of the girls in our room had really big bites. But nice location and nice staff.

• piploarridge
  • England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017
2.0

Upon arrival at this hostel (11:05pm due to a slightly delayed train) my 18 year old friend and I were turned away at the door. We were faced with an intimidating, scary and rude "security" guy who appeared to be on drugs and didn't speak a word of English. He shouted french at us till we cried. The hostel itself is so dodgy and stinks of drugs and urine with homeless people in the doorway when you enter. It's dark and dingey and the atmosphere was horrible. The good reviews are blatantly fake.

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2017
4.3

Not worth the money! We thought we'd save a bit and not pay an extra €5 for a "better" reviewed place but regretted it as soon as we walked in! Rude staff that don't really care, no advice or anything. Beds are ok but washrooms were pretty nasty. No atmosphere at all and the place is advertised as a Hotel rather than a hostel! I'd recommend just paying extra for another hostel.

26th Jun 2017
4.6

We only stayed one night as it was the cheapest option and we would be getting in late anyway. Wasn't worth it. The AC wasn't working, it was extremely hot and humid, like unbearable. We may have just had a bad experience, but honestly the low price wasn't even worth it.

• miaaim
  • Croatia, Female, 31-40
25th Jun 2017

Great value for the price. Staff is nice. We had no problems whatsoever.

18th Jun 2017
6.3

I was in a 6 female room--two bunk beds that were triple stacked and I was on the top! The bathroom was clean enough. Three different keys to get in, so pretty safe. I was annoyed that I was unprepared to give 30 euro deposit for keys. Ended up becoming friends and spending the day with one of the fellow girls in my room. Later in the day, a man also staying there was creepy and kept hitting on her. You get what you pay for? They were really nice about letting me leave my stuff after checkout.

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jun 2017

So glad I didn't listen to the reviews. For the price this hostel is fine. The location is great, the wifi is the best I've ever had at a hostel, the kitchen facilities are good. The room was a little small as was the shower room but it wasn't anything we couldn't cope with. You get what you pay for and for £10/11 per night, this hostel is good. I would definitely go back if I was ever back in Nice.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
4th Jun 2017
2.0

This hostel is the worst i' have ever been, the staff it's disgusting and too hard, it's very dangerous! If I were you I will never rent a room there!!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
29th May 2017

Great staff who really made an effort for me. I booked an extra night and they rearranged everything for me so I wouldn't have to check out and check in again. Had a great stay