6.8
Good 343 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 343 Total Reviews
Hostel Altair Located at 10 Rue de Suisse, , Nice.
France
Nice 06000 10 Rue de Suisse
68% 343
43.7031372 7.2646370
    Rooms available

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
29th Apr 2016
7.4

I don't know what people expect when booking the cheapest hostel they can find. Of course, when you book a six-person dorm your gonna sleep in a small room together with 5 people who are snoring and might not be very clean. For me, Hostel ALtair was exactly what I expected. For little money you get a bed, a toilet and a shower and even a small brakfast. We found the Hostel clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Perfect for a short stay of one or two nights!

• Hong Kong, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Apr 2016
4.3

I understand the hostel want to expand, but it's not acceptable to offer an uncompleted furnished hostel to your customers. The whole floor is clearly still under construction. The mirror in the bathroom is missing and the window in the room cannot close properly. There is also no wifi provided.

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
19th Apr 2016
5.4

The hostel is located on the 2nd floor in the middle of the block. It was difficult to find, and very difficult to get directions when we email to confirm our reservations. It is located right next to a church. We locked our room each day when we left, but found the room unlocked when we returned. Whom ever cleaned the room never locked the door after they were done.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Mar 2016
7.7

Altair is well situated in Nice, near the train station and the commercial/newer shopping area, with easy access to the tram which can take you to the old town or the Promenade des Anglais. The kitchen is very basic and required some cleaning and the checkin times were't very clear.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Mar 2016

For the price I paid I wasn't expecting a 4 star service but I was surprised to see what I got for the price I paid. This place is a very good deal.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2016

Thank you Philippe for all your help and kindness. I do recommend this hostel for plenty of things; good location new bathrooms, nice common room and wonderful staff and least but not last very low prices. I'll be back.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2016

I'm really pleased with my stay in Nice. The hostel offers what a lot of others do but at an incredible low price. Must be one of the best deals on the French Riviera.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Mar 2016

For the price I paid there's really nothing to argue against this hostel. The Manager and staff were really nice when I needed help and it's situated straight in the center of Nice. Clean rooms with new bathrooms.

2nd Mar 2016
7.4

Hotel Altair is near the notre dôme. The room was ok, but the common room was closed from 2pm to 6pm. So I cannot take a rest so much in there. Wifi is unstable. My room was close to the reception, kitchen and common room, so it was a little bit noisy at night. But stuffs were all helpful.

15th Jan 2016
5.1

All 6 beds in our room were connected, when 1 moved, all moved. The lockers provided opened even with my lock on it. The toilet doesn't have a sink in it. There was 1 shower per room, someone vomited in it and there were no other showers to choose from, we just had to wait for staff to clean it. There were rat droppings in the kitchen drawers. The neighborhood was rough with the chips always around (although it was close to everything). The Wi-Fi was practically nonexistent.