Hostel Altair Reviews

10 Rue de Suisse, Nice, France

Perfect location. I stayed there 2 nights and only went to the hostel to sleep. It was just right for what I needed.

The hostel feels like it needs more space, everything was just so cramped, I often did not know where to place myself.

Staff was extremely rude, bathroom doors were broken, we couldn`t close them. People were smoking in the dorms and hostel staff didn`t do anything about it. Not a place to stay.

It was very noisy, I did no get any sleep and my personal towel got stolen

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

It was a nice hostel close to the beach and the main street. The common room closes a bit early but that's okay. There are only two toilets for every room, but all the rooms have a bath.

The place was 6 min far from the main train station, which is awesome and like 6min far from the centre too. If you are looking to stay for a night in Niza then this is the place for it because it is cheap but also good.

We found the staff to be not very helpful when we arrived late in the evening, the guy who hardly spoke any French let alone English and simply gave us our key and showed us our room. This is in stark contrast to many of the places we stayed on our trip which took the time to sit down , talk us through the hostel and give a few suggestions on what to do in the town. The room was ok and the place seemed generally clean but the location was not great as it was on a bit of a dodgy street.

It's a expensive key, (30€) and they don't have good times of check out (8-10:30), there is no one in the night for helping you. The rooms are so little, the bathroom doesn't works very well and from all the hostels I have visit it's obviously the worst.

Hostel looks to sketchy from the outside and the stairwell is nasty but once you get into the actual place it it very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathroom were clean. The beds are so squeaky! But for the price it's a great value! Be carful about your valuables however! Bring a lock!

• 4th Jul 2014

公共和居住空間有點擁擠,整個客棧只有一間廁所。整潔尚可。不過整體來看價錢偏高。只是在市中心離車站15分鐘步行可到是真的非常方便。 沒有什麼特別好的服務。服務態度也一般。

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

We found two cockroaches on two separate days in our room. The room was super cramped. Staff was not super friendly. They will do your laundry but there is a laundromat like a block away that is cheaper. Common room closes at night time so the hallway gets loud with people talking.

It's a perfectly adequate hostel. It's not the most beautiful place I've ever stayed, but it's priced fairly, there's no extra fees for tourist taxes or linen, and its perfectly functional. The staff were nice enough, the people were nice enough. What more do you want?

It is good to stay here if you want to visit Nice and Monaco. The hotel is at the center of the city,next to the tramway and many restaurant

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

the sink in the bathroom is too small for any use other than washing ur hands

Be carefull...My friend iron his blouze on the bed(not recommended of course) and accidentally made a small burn to the sheet and the mattress cover .I say the word "small" because the mattress cover was not discarded by the manager but it was turned from the other side ready to use for the next client.They fined us150,00 EUROS believe it or not.No willing to discuss.After that my friend got nervous and took the mattress and donate it to the homeless that surrounds the square out of the hostel.

The staff make u feel as though you were on visit to your BEST friend's PLACE.

Worst hostel ever! The staff is completely incompetent! They over-booked our room and the guy at the front desk has not a clue about anything. Stupid idiot!

Horrible hostel! only 2 toilets for the entire building, and dirty. The doorknob of the bathroom in my room came out on my hand, both of them. The beds squeaked like crazy!!! i couldn't move without waking the entire room! no air conditioning so we had to keep the windows open and the bells of the church rang in the morning waking us up. they say there's an elevator but there isn't, they say the accept credit card but THEY DON'T. and there's a 30 euro deposit for the keys which we didn't know...

The hostel is, in general, really nice. It has a nice location. One problem is that the hostel is in the second flor of the building that is really dirty and stinks. But the hostel area and the rooms have a nice cleanliness. The hostel could improve the cleanliness common bathrooms.

Kind of a grim hostel but it's the cheapest in Nice. Oh and there's a 30 euro deposit that isn't mentioned on Hostelworld. The staff were some of the worst that I've encountered yet.