Hostel Altair Reviews

10 Rue de Suisse, Nice, France

All 6 beds in our room were connected, when 1 moved, all moved. The lockers provided opened even with my lock on it. The toilet doesn't have a sink in it. There was 1 shower per room, someone vomited in it and there were no other showers to choose from, we just had to wait for staff to clean it. There were rat droppings in the kitchen drawers. The neighborhood was rough with the chips always around (although it was close to everything). The Wi-Fi was practically nonexistent.

One of the very few hostels with showers that actually got hot and I loved that it was updated and clean looking. Our room had a lovely balcony that viewed the church and it made the stay that much more special. The female receptionist was very sweet and helpful. It's a bit inconvenient that everything is only open during specific hours. Wifi was weak.

1. The window is only locked with a latch, can easily push it open from the outside since the room i was staying in has an open level just outside the window & it is filthy,room had no ventilation so to get fresh air in I had to open the window but the air outside smells like trash. 2. There were cockroaches, they were creeping all over the room. 3. There is a aircond unit in the rooms I booked, but when I asked the remote from the receptionist, she said 'no aircond!' 4. Rooms smell like cig

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

The location was good- near the train station and the Notredame. However, the rooms weren't clean, the common room closes at 11pm and wifi doesn't reach all rooms and therefore I had to sit in the coridors to use my phone. The lockers weren't suitable for duffle bags and staff were not very friendly.

This hostel is challenging to find first of all. Second the facilities are generally dirty, bedding is only a sheet and a blanket with the same pillow on the bed. Unfriendly environment and not the best place to stay. Only good for just a short night to sleep stopping over.

This place is great and the management is very obliging, I would have stayed longer only there was a really miserable git in my dorm who snored badly (he was French) but this is not the fault of the hostel.

I chose this hostel first of all for the price and the location. I made the right choice and the rest was preztty good also. It's really a good deal.

• 2nd Oct 2015

BEWARE OF FALSE REVIEWS BELOW Do not be fooled by 100% reviews, they are actually written by the owner of the hostel. The room (6 bed) was extremely dirty when we arrived. It hadn't been cleaned in weeks and one of the guests was living there.It was also full of older men which made my girlfriend extremely uncomfortable. There is practically no security or privacy.Think carefully before choosing this hostel. If you think the above is fair practice, then the prices are actually good for Nice.

• 29th Sep 2015

My stay was great. Fabulous staff, great location and unbeatable price.

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Luxembourg

A short but very good stay and honestly for me a cheap price for Nice.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

A good hostel regardless to the staicase that leads to the entrance door which is in bad condition but that is not their fault. The location is great and the price a very good deal.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Luxembourg

I was very pleased with this hostel. Philippe the Manager was very caring and helpful with me. The location was fantastic and the price unbeatable.

• 5th Sep 2015

Good hostel with an excellent location and very good price.

• 5th Sep 2015

I read so many bad comments about this hostel that I nearly decided not to come but the price was so interesting that I decided to try. I was really happy after my stay because I had made the right choice, good staff, nice clean rooms, very good location and a really good deal. So then I thought the bad comments must be made by very fussy fussy people.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Very good location with nice and helpful staff. Great value for money.

• 3rd Sep 2015

When I arrived the staircase that goes to the hostel was in bad condition but once you enter the hostel it's totally different, nice and clean. The Manager told me that what is out of the hostel is not under his responsability and that can't do anything about these inconveniencies. The hostel has all you need to have a good stay and the staff are feriendly and helpful.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Good stay, excellent location and great value for money.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Swaziland

Very good stay, I would have liked to stay more but this hostel has so good prices that if you don't be careful to book in time your out; very good adress. The straff were very nice and so helpful, thanks again.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Wonderful stay; the staff were very helpful and friendly. Nice rooms with air-conditioning and clean bathrooms. The hostel has a very good location, close to the train station near the old town and beach.

• 29th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in hostel Altair, met friendly people and exchanged a lot. The staff very professional knew how to guide our requests of where to go out and have fun at reasonable prices. The place is a good deal with a great location. Ordinary rooms cleaned up every day. I appreciated their common room.

• 27th Aug 2015