Hostel Altair Reviews

10 Rue de Suisse, Nice, France

Sorry guys didn't like this hotel! As it's called hotel Altair! It's Nice, so it's cheap, but I'd either avoid Nice or just spend the extra bucks, if you're thinking of visiting Nice! No passport check and I shared a room with a really nice homeless guy!

Just an average place, good price, good for a night in a jam. Rooms were super tinny, and there was only a toilet across the hall, so not my favorite stay, but it was okay for a night. Staff was nicer in the morning it seemed.

Perfect location. I stayed there 2 nights and only went to the hostel to sleep. It was just right for what I needed.

The hostel feels like it needs more space, everything was just so cramped, I often did not know where to place myself.

Staff was extremely rude, bathroom doors were broken, we couldn`t close them. People were smoking in the dorms and hostel staff didn`t do anything about it. Not a place to stay.

It was very noisy, I did no get any sleep and my personal towel got stolen

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

It was a nice hostel close to the beach and the main street. The common room closes a bit early but that's okay. There are only two toilets for every room, but all the rooms have a bath.

The place was 6 min far from the main train station, which is awesome and like 6min far from the centre too. If you are looking to stay for a night in Niza then this is the place for it because it is cheap but also good.

We found the staff to be not very helpful when we arrived late in the evening, the guy who hardly spoke any French let alone English and simply gave us our key and showed us our room. This is in stark contrast to many of the places we stayed on our trip which took the time to sit down , talk us through the hostel and give a few suggestions on what to do in the town. The room was ok and the place seemed generally clean but the location was not great as it was on a bit of a dodgy street.

It's a expensive key, (30€) and they don't have good times of check out (8-10:30), there is no one in the night for helping you. The rooms are so little, the bathroom doesn't works very well and from all the hostels I have visit it's obviously the worst.

Hostel looks to sketchy from the outside and the stairwell is nasty but once you get into the actual place it it very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathroom were clean. The beds are so squeaky! But for the price it's a great value! Be carful about your valuables however! Bring a lock!

• 4th Jul 2014

公共和居住空間有點擁擠,整個客棧只有一間廁所。整潔尚可。不過整體來看價錢偏高。只是在市中心離車站15分鐘步行可到是真的非常方便。 沒有什麼特別好的服務。服務態度也一般。

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

We found two cockroaches on two separate days in our room. The room was super cramped. Staff was not super friendly. They will do your laundry but there is a laundromat like a block away that is cheaper. Common room closes at night time so the hallway gets loud with people talking.