Hostel Altair Reviews

10 Rue de Suisse, Nice, France

This is an OK hostel. However the rooms are very cramped and there is only internet in the reception. You do not interact with the other guest because the common room is always empty. It is clean and have lockers though! It is close to the station and you reach everything by foot.

You get what you pay for with this place, you have somewhere to sleep, shower and charge your phone, breakfast is nice enough for 3 euros but don't expect much more. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, the room was smaller than most places we stayed that house half he people, lockers were flimsy, the shower door had no lock on it so as a pair of young females all I can say is it's lucky we stayed with some nice people. There was an air conditioning unit which would have been great if it worked....

Nice, simple hostel in very good location. Close to train station, beach and city center. everything that backpacker needs.

this was an emergency booking as I missed my flight. having previously stayed in baccarat and antares which were supposed to be the best in nice I liked this better. firstly, it was cheaper than the others. secondly, it was very secure having multiple locks. thirdly, the staff were very nice and accomodating. the only problem was the AC as it was very hot in the room and the lady in the reception refused to cool it down, her reason being that we would get fever.

Do not stay here. All of the negative comments about this place is true. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else.

I think that Hostel Altair is a GREAT deal, I don't think you can get the same thing for the same price in Nice. The staff were really kind and helpful, nice common room where you meet interesting people, the rooms had lockers, a plug at each bed, free WIFI, air conditioning and really clean bathrooms.

• 21st Aug 2015

I first booked one night because I wasn't sure about this hostel but once I was in I decided to stay 4 more nights and I can really thank Philippe the manager who made it possible for me to extend my stay. This place is surely one of the best deals in Nice. You really get what you need to have a good stay for a very reasonable price.

• 20th Aug 2015

I think that for the price I paid this is just an excellent adress. It's basic but with everything you need for a good stay. You get free wifi, you can use one of their three computers they have if you don't have your own stuff, clean rooms with air-conditioning and nice bathrooms, a kitchen where you can cook your own stuff and a nice common room. And the staff is really nice and professional and once again for a really low price compared to other places.

• Sweden

I really had a good stay thanks to Philippe, the Manager, he helped me make the wright decisions about what I had to see in Nice, it made me win a lot of time. Then everything is good about the hostel; clean, very well located, air-conditioning in the rooms, free wifi, nice common room and a great price.

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel has a great location as it is very close to the Main Street. Sometimes there was a bit of noise in the early morning and late at night from directly outside the hostel. There is a key deposit of €30 which we didn't read beforehand (could have been our oversight). There is also only 2 toilets for the shared bathrooms. Other than that the staff were really nice and helpful.

Good hostel; Professional staff, excellent location, nice rooms, friendly common room and a very cheap price for Nice.

• Poland

I enjoyed my stay at hostel Altair; I made a very good choice for several things: good staff, excellent location, comfortable rooms and last but not least, great price, best deal in Nice.

• 16th Aug 2015

Very good value for money, cheapest place I found. Very friendly and helpful staff, Philippe the manager was really nice with me. The hostel is clean and tidy with all you need for a short stay and is really well situated.

• 16th Aug 2015

The staff were friendly but seemed a bit stressed all the time. The rooms weren't particularly clean and we ran out of toilet paper and didn't receive any for 2 days despite me asking for some more. The airconditiong was also absolutely freezing at night and I had to wear a jumper to bed and was still cold. However the hostel is situated in an excellent location.

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff can be more polite and helpful. No locks and that is also not mentioned. Overall I would say not good to stay.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Pakistan

Philippe and Mufedah are the people working at the reception and I can say that they are fantastic; very helpful for all kinds of information and different demands I made at the hostel and I just can't understand the bad comments I read about them so I personly think that these people are probably not acting the right way and it's rather mean putting bad comments that really don't reflect the reality. As for the hostel it's clean and has all you need to have a good stay and also the best price.

• 9th Aug 2015

I am pleased with my choice; very good value for money and good location. Philippe the Manager is really a good guy, very helpful and kind.I met a lot of people in this hostel and they all agreed with me that this place is a good deal. I will recommend it to my friends.

• 8th Aug 2015

Advantages - hostel is located near city centre and not far away from the beach or train station. However, hostel is located next to "Notre Dame" church and in the church square there was a lot of people who seems jobless, have drinking problems and etc., so it wasn't really safe place and you don't know what you can find near the hostel doors. Another problem which we had - in the photos hostel looks really good and not expensive, but in reality everything was different in bad way.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Just a place to sleep really. Wifi wasn't great and check out times were not ideal for people who need to leave early the next day.

I wanted to book here for several nights but unfortunately for me I only got one night and had to book in another hostel and that is to say I made the difference with this place: uncomparable; the price you pay for the service you get is unbeatable. Everything was really O.K.

• 6th Aug 2015