Hostel Amigo Suites Downtown Reviews

Luis Gonzalez Obregon 14, Downtown, Mexico City, Mexico

excelent!!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

The best thing is that breakfast and dinner are included, so, no extra expense required for them (also the taste is great). The bar in the roof is good too. The only complaint I could have is the bed, not too comfy but as you get tires to be around all day long, you fall asleep anyway :)

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Our first part of our trip with nothing planned was made so much better by the help of Charlie aka Carlos. He went above and beyond to help us and helped with planning some of trip! An awesome bloke!

• 10th Sep 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, staff were very friendly and I met some great people. Right next to a metro station and near popular tourist attractions. Tours available, and although Idid none of them, my friends said that they were worthwhile. Two decent meals provided each day. Very good value for money. If I was being very critical, the beds were not comfortable and the WiFi was hit and miss, but overall excellent place.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It was the best hostel i've ever been. The staff always was trying to helping me, and the value for money it's the best that i've ever seen. I would recommended it to everybody!

It is difficult to connect to the Internet in the first floor...But it is easy to make friends, and there are many tours to different places although I think that it is expensive...Also it is close to centro historico so it is super convenient.

Excellent location as it's situated in the historic downtown area so you can see a lot of the sites easily.

You can find better for a similar price I really don't think this hostel is worth it. Yes breakfast and dinner are included but the food is very average and as food isn't expensive in mexico it doesn't make as good a value as you think. The mattresses are plastic and uncomfortable on the beds. The worst part for me was how noisy the staff were early in the morning waking me up (7am)! The wifi only worked in the reception area. The location though was good.

Stayed 4nights

• 21st Aug 2014

The hostel is in a great location, was very secure and the staff were amazing. I stayed here a few nights because I didn't feel like changing hostels during my stay. The thing is I probably wouldn't stay again. The rooms get very stuffy and humid during the day. I did not like the mattresses they are like big plastic mats and not very comfortable. The other thing was the WiFi my entire time there it was always hit & miss & very annoying. The food was just good. It's a decent hostel not the best.

Stay there for 5 days. There were no wifi, and all they could say were 'I am just the reception, there is nothing I can do. I will let my manager know again tomorrow.'

• 20th Aug 2014
  • China

Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Being picky.....the WiFi access not reliable and noise travels so can be hard to get quiet night sleep. Overall would definitely recommend. Cheers

Good localization, the staffs was very helpful with us. I've never seen a hostel with breakfast and dinner includes and Every day has a good meal. Recommended for all

My 3rd stay here - great central location to see places around Zócalo / Alameda and access metro to other places. Chilled vibe, friendly staff (who remember you if you go back!). Dinner and breakfast included. Great mix of Latino and overseas guests. You might find the rooms a little stuffy but a fan is provided. If it's cold the only communal area is still open air (if covered). 3 connections by metro to get there.

The hostel couldn't be in a better location, it's walking distance from any point downtown. Although I found the tour to Teotihuacan a bit pricy, at the end it I was very pleased with our tour guide. The room rates are very decent, and the breakfast and dinner make it even a better deal. I found the meals great because they are mostly targeted for vegetarians.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel was great, the buffet breakfast and dinner were always amazing and varied every day! The atmosphere was very chilled, not very party, but you can definitely meet people. The rooms weren't great, no windows, prison mattresses, hundreds of mosquitoes, super hot, but you can get a fan. Very clean, WiFi only really on the roof area or the 3rd floor. Plugs only by the door of the room and the lockers were really small. I would stay here again though as the location and food were very good.

Great staff! Thanks, we will be back.

Enviroment is great but it can be improved of course. A kitchen for the host people would work much better as well.

• 6th May 2014