Hostel Amigo Reviews

Isabel la Catolica #61 col. centro Z.C, Mexico City, Mexico

Very nice staff! It was clean! I had a good time overthere.

Definitely not a quiet place. When I arrived, there was a rock concert going on until late at night. The distribution of beds was a mess since the reception didn't know which rooms/ beds were fully occupied. The rooms were generally not locked (doors wide open) but there were lockers in case you'd have your own lock.

No comfortable place to hangout, tacky atmosphere

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Location great,but the staff does t know much about the museums...indeed they didn t mention to me that almost all museums are closed on Mondays

The location is perfect.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Kine staff, good place to see historic area.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is located in a very good location downtown. Metros and buses are only a short walk away. All reception staff speak fluent English and are eager to help with directions. The breakfast buffet is AWESOME!!! You eat as much as you want, this is what I enjoyed the best, this alone covers the cost of the room. The hostel has 3 floors and there is a bar with a bartender who likes to party.

• 31st May 2014

Very dark hostel without Windows which makes you tired and depressed. Way too much noise until 3 a clock downstairs in the bar and you cannot sleep for it. Not enough tables and chairs for breakast. The worst hostel ihave stayed on. But the security is in top!!!

The staff make this place great. We had a great stay and were given great information about getting around the city.

• 22nd May 2014

Rooms have no windows, so they get VERY smelly. The breakfast is good.

• 16th May 2014
  • Argentina

Nice hostel, great staff!

• 12th May 2014

I thought it will be a great experience to live in Hostel Amigo, but I was totally disappointed when I stayed for two nights. There was no sound-proof windows or doors at all, so I could not fall asleep till the middle night due to the party, and I got up early, since cars and trucks were so loud outside. Worse even, they charged me the whole amount of money (including the 12% deposit) without informing me when I checked in. When I noticed that, they denied. Mexico Hostel is a lot better

I am sorry that I was unable to stay at the hotel Amigo because my friend met me at the airport and took me to another small city called Tezontepec where I am now staying. My thanks to hotel Amigo for offering me the room but I am sorry that I was not able to stay overnight. Many thanks.

• 10th May 2014

This hostel has really nice breakfasts and organised some entertainment at night.

Breakfast is what makes this hostel worth booking, fresh fruit and pancakes as well as cereal are a cut above most breakfast spreads of a hostel. Right in the centre of Mexico city, lots of tours leaving to get involved in and a nice bar downstairs.

The joint rocks pretty much what a hostel should be a space for everyone

The hostel has nice, clean bathrooms and good wifi (also breakfast), but that's about the only good things. Not only do the dorms have no windows (that means no ventilation...the dorm room smelled pretty bad), but the bunk beds are the kind that creak and shake with a slight turn. There are lots of signs up saying that the hostel isn't responsible for stolen items...take it as a warning and use the lock boxes. Obviously the staff isn't trusted (a few staff were nice, a few were pretty rude)! :(

Dorm should be ventilated more, as I was staying for quite long time and one room had really bad smell all the time. I was able to change the room, but it is not supposed to be like that

The bar tender was truly awesome and made our stay very enjoyable! We met a few travellers although it seemed very quiet in the hostel. We had a private room with a shared bathroom. All facilities were kept very clean and tidy. We loved our room and the Lucha Libre tour!! Great start to our Mexican adventure. A day trip to Teotehuacan was also well worth it- it was easy having a tour and bus agent in the hostel!

It's a nice hostel just 15 minutes walking from the zocalo. Close to metro station and with comfortable bedrooms and clean bathrooms. The breakfast includes fresh fruit, pancake, cereals, jam, and hot drinks (caffe tea)