Hostel Amigo Reviews

Isabel la Catolica #61 col. centro Z.C, Mexico City, Mexico

it is a place that understands very well the hostel concept!

friendly staff and great location . my only disappointment was that as usual some guests who decide to get up very early insist on making noise even though there are signs everywhere to tell them to stay quiet and have respect. a group of French guests decided to have a very loud conversation in the hallway at 7am but this is not the hostels fault . the hostel should maybe take measures to ensure their guests understand that other people are staying in the hostel and enforce the rule.

Good location. Easy walk to Zocalo and metro stations. Common area downstairs with the bar is awesome place to meet people and have a few drinks. Breakfast is included pancakes and fruit! Beds are uncomfortable and squeak with slight movement. Staff were helpful.

I got a bunch of bed bugs bit in just two night, it was disaster. Wifi keeps breaking up that I had to go to Starbucks using wifi.

Hi I stayed here and it is without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The morning reception staff were disgracefully rude and unhelpful. I stayed for three nights and during this time the internet worked for about 10 minutes every day which was such a nightmare because it made planning your days very difficult. Te kitchen facilities were atrocious as there was no fridge for guests ( however 2 staff fridges) barely any pots and pans even fewer utensils. Stay in catholic hostel

• 27th Jul 2014

No internet!

Very nice staff! It was clean! I had a good time overthere.

Definitely not a quiet place. When I arrived, there was a rock concert going on until late at night. The distribution of beds was a mess since the reception didn't know which rooms/ beds were fully occupied. The rooms were generally not locked (doors wide open) but there were lockers in case you'd have your own lock.

No comfortable place to hangout, tacky atmosphere

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Location great,but the staff does t know much about the museums...indeed they didn t mention to me that almost all museums are closed on Mondays

The location is perfect.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Kine staff, good place to see historic area.

The hostel is located in a very good location downtown. Metros and buses are only a short walk away. All reception staff speak fluent English and are eager to help with directions. The breakfast buffet is AWESOME!!! You eat as much as you want, this is what I enjoyed the best, this alone covers the cost of the room. The hostel has 3 floors and there is a bar with a bartender who likes to party.

• 31st May 2014

Very dark hostel without Windows which makes you tired and depressed. Way too much noise until 3 a clock downstairs in the bar and you cannot sleep for it. Not enough tables and chairs for breakast. The worst hostel ihave stayed on. But the security is in top!!!

The staff make this place great. We had a great stay and were given great information about getting around the city.

• 22nd May 2014

Rooms have no windows, so they get VERY smelly. The breakfast is good.

• 16th May 2014
  • Argentina

Nice hostel, great staff!

• 12th May 2014

I thought it will be a great experience to live in Hostel Amigo, but I was totally disappointed when I stayed for two nights. There was no sound-proof windows or doors at all, so I could not fall asleep till the middle night due to the party, and I got up early, since cars and trucks were so loud outside. Worse even, they charged me the whole amount of money (including the 12% deposit) without informing me when I checked in. When I noticed that, they denied. Mexico Hostel is a lot better

I am sorry that I was unable to stay at the hotel Amigo because my friend met me at the airport and took me to another small city called Tezontepec where I am now staying. My thanks to hotel Amigo for offering me the room but I am sorry that I was not able to stay overnight. Many thanks.

• 10th May 2014

This hostel has really nice breakfasts and organised some entertainment at night.