Hostel Ana Rijeka Reviews

Riva Boduli 7, Rijeka, Croatia

When I arrived no receptionist was there, but a drunk guest was sitting there behind the table and he tried to molest me. It was quite scary. Doors are open all the time, there are no lockers, be prepared for lack of security. Location is excellent, wifi is good, staff was anyways nice.

It was a night of horror. I would never go there again

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is located next to one of the sea and near the center of the city. The building is old one and at first the place looks very bad because of the inside yard - the patio and the reception but the room was clean and tidy with nice beds. There are 4 showers and toilets. Good value for money, but no lockers or anything.

The stay at Hostel Ana in Rijeka turned out to be horrible. We arrived to hours later than ... in Hostelworld and as we arrived our beds had already been given away. The reception girl offered us to stay at a friends apartment, which we accepted eventually. There the two of us had to sleep on a couch in the living room. The apartment was smokey and very far from the center. We had to share the apartment with six other people and additionaly had to pay the same price.

I stayed one night here; it was enough. Ana was very nice. Her description said taxes were included, but really they aren't an he needs make me pay it. There is zero security. No locks anywhere not even on the main door of the street. Her security was "I watch everyone that comes in" which is not possible because she lives in the hostel too and has to sleep and eat. It was a really dirty feeling place and I was worried showering. There were balls for hair on ground in the room. Good location th

The hostel is not what the description said it would be. There is no common room, no bubblebad and there was a strange atmhosphere. The receptionist slept in the hallway and sometimes there was nobody at the reception, while all the doors were open, so everybody could enter the hostel, and even the rooms, because we didn't get a key. The rooms were okay ,though.

• 26th Jul 2015

The hostel is and has a good location and this is the only good thing. It is not modern. There are no lockers and you don't get a key. The doors are open for 24h for everyone but the reception is not be taken for 24h... So there is no safety at all. I had that feeling that is was not that clean. No kitchen and parking is on a public place and is therefore expensive . 2 normal beds were put together so if you're are at the lower one you don't have a lot of space above you. Facilities ok

Despite having a great location, the hostel was dirty, uncomfortable and just felt like it needed a good clean... The carpets were peeling off the floor, the provided bed sheets were bobbly and old, the bathrooms were always wet and grubby and decor was a strange dark red which made the hostel feel dark and cramped. The staff were willing to help and were generally friendly, but the 24 hour reception was exaggerated as there wasn't always people around, especially in the morning.

Lazy staff

I spent a great time at hostel Ana, the staff were kind and polite. Hostel Ana didn't quite meet my expectation, but I would come back because the staff helped with everything i needed and they provided great service

Atmosfere decadent

Hostel was awful! We had a reservation for three beds private room but we had to sleep in 10 beds mixed room where already was nine people! So two of us slept in a same bed and one on a matress. Horrible

It has a very good location but being in the center of the city has many noises during the nights and you cant sleep. We booked a room with 8 people but they accommodated us in a room of 10 ppl. The hostel is very dirty, a part of air condition was inside the room and had a horrible noise. The bath was in a poor condition. If you want to go out and come back late, you may remain outside as there should be someone to open the door (the girl at the reception sleeps all the time. DONT GO THERE!!!

Do not go here!!!!!! They cheat you with the tax, there's no 24/7 reception. The place was DIRTY and showers disgusting, no kitchen. Booked 7-person room, was put in a 10-person room. Stay away from this place!

The hostel's well located, there was a fan in the room and a heating system (not tested). the Common parts were disappointing:the place wasn't clean at all. There weren't enough toilets&showers for the total capacity of travellers. I personnally didn't take my flip flap off for showers. Something also that is worth to be pointed out: people (probably owning the hostel) smoked in the hostel. For 25€/night,i wouldn't recommend the place as, in the end, only the location is a valuable argument.

No staff, no keys for the customers (to enter in the building or in the room). Horrible.

• 28th Jul 2014

This hostel was charming in its own way. It was located just perfect with a view over the ocean. It was very cheap and close to everything you needed. The center, the trainstationen, busses to the beach etc. I will recommend this hostel to backpackers!

owner was not there on arrival leaving a note on the door, obviously common practice, meaning we had to do costly international call. Hostel tiny-no common space. Many plug sockets were unusable-hanging dangerously out of wall. no age limit on this hostel. Being two young girls felt uncomfortable in a room of 50 year old bikers despite other similar rooms being empty. Hostel looks nothing like the pictures. Says it has a hot tub, bar, tv and games, computer other facilities that are untrue

Stayed here just for two nights, rijeka aint the best place in croatia but i was there because i had a cheap flight there, you can get cheap taxis to the beach which was great, the staff here was super handy and really cute and friendly.

I booked online, I arrived to the hostel, and nobody was there. I called, nobody answered. So I had to find another hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4