Hostel Ana Rijeka Reviews

Riva Boduli 7, Rijeka, Croatia

Atmosfere decadent

Hostel was awful! We had a reservation for three beds private room but we had to sleep in 10 beds mixed room where already was nine people! So two of us slept in a same bed and one on a matress. Horrible

It has a very good location but being in the center of the city has many noises during the nights and you cant sleep. We booked a room with 8 people but they accommodated us in a room of 10 ppl. The hostel is very dirty, a part of air condition was inside the room and had a horrible noise. The bath was in a poor condition. If you want to go out and come back late, you may remain outside as there should be someone to open the door (the girl at the reception sleeps all the time. DONT GO THERE!!!

Do not go here!!!!!! They cheat you with the tax, there's no 24/7 reception. The place was DIRTY and showers disgusting, no kitchen. Booked 7-person room, was put in a 10-person room. Stay away from this place!

The hostel's well located, there was a fan in the room and a heating system (not tested). the Common parts were disappointing:the place wasn't clean at all. There weren't enough toilets&showers for the total capacity of travellers. I personnally didn't take my flip flap off for showers. Something also that is worth to be pointed out: people (probably owning the hostel) smoked in the hostel. For 25€/night,i wouldn't recommend the place as, in the end, only the location is a valuable argument.

No staff, no keys for the customers (to enter in the building or in the room). Horrible.

• 28th Jul 2014

This hostel was charming in its own way. It was located just perfect with a view over the ocean. It was very cheap and close to everything you needed. The center, the trainstationen, busses to the beach etc. I will recommend this hostel to backpackers!

owner was not there on arrival leaving a note on the door, obviously common practice, meaning we had to do costly international call. Hostel tiny-no common space. Many plug sockets were unusable-hanging dangerously out of wall. no age limit on this hostel. Being two young girls felt uncomfortable in a room of 50 year old bikers despite other similar rooms being empty. Hostel looks nothing like the pictures. Says it has a hot tub, bar, tv and games, computer other facilities that are untrue

Stayed here just for two nights, rijeka aint the best place in croatia but i was there because i had a cheap flight there, you can get cheap taxis to the beach which was great, the staff here was super handy and really cute and friendly.

I booked online, I arrived to the hostel, and nobody was there. I called, nobody answered. So I had to find another hostel.

It was nice place being there as the price was cheap and what is more important its clean place.

Great if you just need to stay overnight, but it was dirty, smelled like smoke, and the staff couldn't find the keys to the in-room lockers.

We were only here for one night, but we enjoyed our stay. There is no real common area, but that is not a big need for me. It was right next to the Machina, which allowed for a very fun night out with some locals! I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again!

Very basic place that doesn't seem to receive much maintenance.

Okay, to clear it all up: this is a super-minimal backpacker's hostel. This isn't a party-palace, a 5-star luxury villa nor a well-to-do weekend getawayer's first choice of places to lie their head. It is, however, a very welcoming family doing what they can to get by. Rijeka is dirt cheap and rather run-down, but the location is prime for people passing through or those who want to get away on pocket change. Wear sandals in the shower if you're worried and be glad it's not raining on your bed.

Bad very bad

Awesome social hostel, the staff there are just great so friendly and helpful! I even went for drinks with them which was great because I was on my own, so yeah just really nice people.

• 25th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

ok the position and the building are good... but the rooms and the bathrooms oh my god what a dirty! And my bed was broken and the sheets were used before. We are in Croatia or in a lost place in Zambia? Big nono!

The hostel's located in a very old and dirty building. The aspect is not very good, it's tiny and has no common areas, only a corridor with an old sofa and a TV, used by the owner most of the time. The rooms are unsafe without keys on doors, the lockers for the luggage are broken, the lower sheets for the bed were dirty, and the mattresses are pretty uncomfortable, there are only a couple mixed showers and very few toilets, and the walls to separate toilets are in a very bad state. Disapointing.

There was no breakfast, the wifi worked well. Very typical hostel, no complaints.

« first « Prev 1 2 3