Hostel Ana Rijeka Reviews

Riva Boduli 7, Rijeka, Croatia

owner was not there on arrival leaving a note on the door, obviously common practice, meaning we had to do costly international call. Hostel tiny-no common space. Many plug sockets were unusable-hanging dangerously out of wall. no age limit on this hostel. Being two young girls felt uncomfortable in a room of 50 year old bikers despite other similar rooms being empty. Hostel looks nothing like the pictures. Says it has a hot tub, bar, tv and games, computer other facilities that are untrue

Stayed here just for two nights, rijeka aint the best place in croatia but i was there because i had a cheap flight there, you can get cheap taxis to the beach which was great, the staff here was super handy and really cute and friendly.

I booked online, I arrived to the hostel, and nobody was there. I called, nobody answered. So I had to find another hostel.

It was nice place being there as the price was cheap and what is more important its clean place.

Great if you just need to stay overnight, but it was dirty, smelled like smoke, and the staff couldn't find the keys to the in-room lockers.

We were only here for one night, but we enjoyed our stay. There is no real common area, but that is not a big need for me. It was right next to the Machina, which allowed for a very fun night out with some locals! I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again!

Very basic place that doesn't seem to receive much maintenance.

Okay, to clear it all up: this is a super-minimal backpacker's hostel. This isn't a party-palace, a 5-star luxury villa nor a well-to-do weekend getawayer's first choice of places to lie their head. It is, however, a very welcoming family doing what they can to get by. Rijeka is dirt cheap and rather run-down, but the location is prime for people passing through or those who want to get away on pocket change. Wear sandals in the shower if you're worried and be glad it's not raining on your bed.

Bad very bad

Awesome social hostel, the staff there are just great so friendly and helpful! I even went for drinks with them which was great because I was on my own, so yeah just really nice people.

• 25th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

ok the position and the building are good... but the rooms and the bathrooms oh my god what a dirty! And my bed was broken and the sheets were used before. We are in Croatia or in a lost place in Zambia? Big nono!

The hostel's located in a very old and dirty building. The aspect is not very good, it's tiny and has no common areas, only a corridor with an old sofa and a TV, used by the owner most of the time. The rooms are unsafe without keys on doors, the lockers for the luggage are broken, the lower sheets for the bed were dirty, and the mattresses are pretty uncomfortable, there are only a couple mixed showers and very few toilets, and the walls to separate toilets are in a very bad state. Disapointing.

There was no breakfast, the wifi worked well. Very typical hostel, no complaints.

Over priced for average facilities and security. There is a nice girl at the front desk, but definitely a one night hostel.

The bedsheets were used by many visitors without laundry. The boxes that you have to store your important belongings were broken. The fridge was in the bath and toilet place. We keep everything in the car and leave early in the morning.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Bulgaria

Lockers are pieces of plywood that can be taken apart. No locks on rooms. They don't change pillow cases or bottom sheets, just give fresh top sheet. People running it slept in our room. They weren't helpful or very friendly. They have tv on until late and again early in the morning. If you can avoid Rijeka, do as none of the places to stay have good ratings and Its a port city - the whole thing in 45 mins. Sinks so small can barely wash your face. Would not stay again rather do a day trip

The hostel was not what we expected. It seemed that the people working there also lived there, the guy at the reception didn't seem he know what he was doing and the staff smoked in the reception and in the corridoor all the time! Room itself was fine, spacious and rather clean. Bathrooms were fine, though my friend said they were dirty. Breakfast was served in the restaurant next door, cup of coffee and a sandwich .which were quite good.

The staff was really helpful and trying their best, but I didnt feel lije I am in a hostel rather than in a friend's room..

• 29th May 2013
  • Palestine

Very friendly staff!! The site of hostelworld says breakfast included.. This is NOT included!!

• 6th May 2013

Spent there one night and enjoyed the price tag & location. Security was bit of a concern for some of the crew as all the doors were kept open 24h/7.

« first « Prev 1 2 3