Hostel Ana Reviews

Hrvojeva 6, Split, Croatia

Awesome location but the staff doesn't really care about the place. If you can choose, don't stay there!

The worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Do not stay here!! Staff were very unwelcoming, a group of men sitting/sleeping on the terrace. Room had very little space, only 1 working light, no windows, 1 portable air con unit that didn't work properly, dirty showers and toilets, no locking doors and no lockers to keep valuables secure. I was meant to stay 4 nights and left after 1 it was that bad.

Common areas, especially the bathroom and toilets should be cleaned very well at least 3 time per day, there a lot of people staying at the place and it gets dirty very soon. All the toilets and bathrooms need a proper mechanical ventilation systems, the air in there becomes rarefied, very hot, hard to breath. I know is summer but in the rooms is very hot too, just one fan for a room of 8 people is not enough. I've stayed in so much better hostels for less price. Location is the only pro of it.

Not much space in the rooms so hard to keep lugage in there and move around. The lockers are there but none of them work, actually all broken. There is no key for the door to your room and the kitchen and common room is right outside the room so it gets very loud when your trying to sleep. The toilets and showers were gross the was a urinal right next to the sink. And showers ran out of hot water fast, woke up the next morning and there were people sleeping in the common room.

• 14th Aug 2015

Good little hostel in a very central location. You get what you pay for here and that's fine. The staff are helpful and friendly and rooms not too bad. A little hot in the summer but the aid of a room fan does help out a bit. Security is ok with lockers in the dorm rooms. Showers smelt a little bit but not the worst we've done stayed in. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here when in Split

Horrible!! Everything was dirty! We found BLOOD in our beds!!! Do not go there web had an horrific experience! This place looks like a nightmare!!!! Our room was without window and it was impossibile to sleep because of the heat! Absolutely unacceptable

The only thing good about this hostel was its location. Anyone can walk in at anytime as the reception is at the end of the hallway. We were two girls travelling and both of our beds broke twice with the wood slabs falling through the bottom (we had a top and a bottom bunk). The kitchen, bathrooms and entire facility really looked like they hadn't been cleaned ever. We felt very uncomfortable sitting in the common space as it was occupied by the guy running the place and his friends all the time

As this place has its great location it is on the second story (three flights of stairs), if travelling without gps it is incredibly difficult to find as there are only two sign, one visible from the street. The staff beckon you down the dark dingy corridor to check you in, not a smile to be seen on anyone of their faces. The young boys running the hostel have invited all their friends who play loud music in the common area, and control the communial computer. Wifi didn't reach my room.

• 8th Aug 2015

The worst hostel i've ever been at. The receptionist, was so angry at drunk with his trousers open when we arrived. We didn't felt welcome at all. And we didnøt lkike to spend time at the hostel. All the time the receptionist was sitting in the social area with his 4 cousins playing loud croatian hip hop music on two different computers at same time. So no one else was using the room. The beds so really bad to. I was laying straight on the feathers, and the aircondition didn't work.

I love this hôstel friendly people in the city center the staff is amazing i Will come Back nect Year

• 6th Aug 2015

Hostel ana is the best hostel i hâve ever seen , very Well located in the heart of the city center the staff is Very frienfly and helpful we love this hostel. I totaly recommand you this hostel

Hot shower didn't work whole time while I stayed. Wifi does not work in rooms.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Japan

This hostel has a great atmosphere, and the staff are really nice! You got everything you need in this hostel, and hostel Ana has a great terrace and the perfect location! We would definitely go back to this cool party hostel!

Hi Thank you very much

Great hostel for a budget! Fantastic location and lovely staff. However way too hot in summer with no proper airconditioner which was unfortunate :(

This place was very very dirty. Beds were very old and ratty. The guy who was there who was receptionist was not well presented. He was always laying around and having his friends around who just slumbered and took up th limited room on the outside deck. Wasn't able to use the cooktop only fridge and microwave. Weren't aloud to bring own alcohol but then their fridge was never stocked for customers to purchase any. Toilets and showers were is bad shape. Doors didn't work properly plus more

Worst hostel I have ever been!!! It is even hard to consider it a hostel. There is no properly reception and staff, the guy was drinking with his friends and other guests and badly received us. He just gave us two sheets and no pillowcase. The bedroom was very hot and uncomfortable. There was kind of fan but it didn't reach the upper beds and made a annoying noise, so it kept hot and noisy. The common area was filled by drunk people who were smoking and making noise who stayed until morning.

The rooms were so crammed full of people, the sheets were ripped, the bathrooms were dirty with hair and grit, and the locks on the showers didn't work. Food was left out in the kitchen, and so it smelt disgusting. The outside area was full of mattresses and so you felt like you were in a really dodgy place. There was no window in the room, the sockets next to our beds didn't work, and the beds were broken. All together it was a horrible experience.

• 27th Jul 2015

This hostel was atrocious. It was dirty, cramped and had no air conditioning. Security was awful - the lockers in the rooms were broken and there was no alternative option in order to lock up our valuables. It also felt very uncomfortable in the common room/are on the balcony as it felt like it was essentially the staff's home and felt that we were intruders. The staff slept on the sofas on the balcony which again felt very uncomfortable. They also failed to wake up early for any queries we had.

very friendly and helpful staff, great location with a great atmosphere, would highly recommend a stay here if you are looking for a place in split

I think I could have done a better Job at running a hostel then these guys. The only reason I didn't lay awake all night in fear of having my kidneys stolen is beceause I was so incredebly drunk I don't even remember getting home. It was hard to tell who worked there, and who didn't because everyone was just laying around barely covered and smoking. Even though someone was constantly walking around cleaning I can't say she seemed to make anything cleaner.

« first « Prev 1 2 3