Hostel Ana Reviews

Hrvojeva 6, Split, Croatia

OK, so this hostel is what you pay for. It is perfectly located near everything in Split. It isn't the nicest place you will stay at. But it is cheap, great location and a bed and common area. If you are a young traveler this will be fine for a few nights. It is hot in summer with no AC but I had a good time and owner is funny. There are little lockers that you can use if you have a lock. Not big enough for a backpacking bakpack tho.

• 20th Jul 2015

Kind and helpful staff, good atmosphere and a variety of guests from all around the world... A good place to stay and meet new people

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Do not stay here. This is the worst hostel I've ever been to. It is filthy, 4 of us arrived, only two were given sheets but the hostel owner didn't seem to care. Nothing locks, including your room so it is not at all secure, and this also allows the staff to wander in and out of your room as they choose, often for no reason whatsoever!! It's very creepy. Also the "common area" is just full of the staff and there friends who just sit there drinking all day. Staff are rude and cold. Never again.

If this is the only place you can find/afford to stay in Split, DON'T GO! The staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful, the bunk beds broke, there was one socket between 12 people, the sheets were dirty, the toilet paper was rarely restocked and the temperature rarely dropped below 35 degrees. A girl with a prebooked bed was forced to sleep on the floor on her first night. The room was horrendously smelly and humid, so much so we nearly slept on the rocks by the beach one night.

Just the worst experience! Receptionist sleeping as we arrived. Showed no respect towards us. Just a terrible place. Had a powercut for the duration of our stay. We asked the recepionist for money off for this reason and he only laughed. Only one socket in the room and that was for the fan. No keys to the room, security was awful. Dont stay here!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Great location from the bus station (easy walk with a backpack) and within a couple of minutes you're in the old town! The hostel is great value for money, nice people and the owner is helplful and super friendly. The only thing is that the place could be cleaned more often, but other then that I would highly recommend this place to stay!

doors to rooms did not get locked so make sure your bag has locks if you are worried about security. great location super central. staff were very helpful with any questions i had. does not have air conditioning but it has a good hang out area to meet other travellers.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in (an I've stayed in over a hundred). This is purely a money making machine for these guys who can barely be dragged away from smoking in front of the TV to check people in They tried to overcharge me (at 20€ per night tht was being over charged enough, thanks!) The facilities are the dirtiest and worst I've ever seen. The guy told me there was a good shower in the room and it was literally falling out of the wall, no nossel, and only had freezing water

Liked: amazing location. Nice balcony area to chill. Cheap. Staff helpful, lots of tours able to book directly from hostel, good wifi, lots of young people. Disliked: not many plug points, one per room. Made it very difficult. Advertised AC not really AC just a fan, hard to find hostel because of no sign but apparently it's not allowed due to shop downstairs forbidding it. Not very clean and showers cold but for s experienced traveller and easy going person, it's perfect. Location GREAT

• 15th Jul 2015

This hostel has a strange atmosphere. I didn't receive a key and the main door was opened the whole day, as well as the room door. The room was too hot even though fans were provided. Cleanliness could be improved in the toilets. There was no wi-fi in the room I stayed and the social area is closed after midnigth. However, the location was very good (close to the bus station, the Riva and Diocletian's Palace).

Walked in and the owner walked straight past us, wasn't until I asked where reception was until I realised he acutely worked there. No keys were given for the hostel or for our room. So no security at all. I watched the cleaning lady the next morning just brush the dirt off a bed then put another girl in the room without even changing the sheets! Never any toilet paper and it was such an effort for the staff to have to give us some. Everything you asked the staff was an effort. Location is great

Very poor

• 13th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and very friendly/helpful staff. However it was not clean by any means and the rooms were a disaster. If you need a place for a night I would say go for it, but there are nicer hostels (cheaper too) in split that are a few minutes walk from the old town.

Fist of all I have to say, that I travelled well and long through all the Balkan countries. I know that Split in July is highseason, but 50 euros for such a room was never ever worth it (normally I pay like 9 euros and have a very clean bath incl. toilet paper, but this hostel had a very dirty shower and a very little of toilet paper). I was also very disappointed, as I booked a dormitory in a 4-bed room, finally i was placed in a 12 bed room. I had to accept, as I was arriving late and tired.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Staff were so nice went out with them one night helped us out heaps

This hostel was filthy. The showers smelt like sewerage. It was constantly full of who I presume were the owners friends or family, all drinking in the common area, it didn't make it a very inviting space. The staff also slept in the same rooms as the guests. The only good thing about this hostel is the location.

Not a friendly staff, not organized. The ac wasn't working, few bathrooms for the number of beds they have. You can't use the kitchen.

Hostel ana was situated in an unsafe area of split. It is down an alley. Photos on hostel world does not give a true reflection of what the hostel actually looks like. For 2 girls we walked in and walked back out we didn't end up staying due to how unsafe we felt.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Wales

The front door was always unlocked, even at night. There were no locks on the washrooms either. The host wasn"t very welcoming and didn't seem to care about having a "hostel" atmosphere. The hostel didnt feel safe at all.

• 4th Jul 2015

Pro's: great location, in the centre of the city. Was able to stay extra nights with short notice without a problem. Con's: No locks on any of the doors, anyone could walk in. Rooms were very hot. No events or social activities organised. Perfect for a cheap sleep in the centre of town.