Hostel Andrew Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Italy

was very very warm! no AC almost impossible to sleep

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Need to put a sign in front of the building to indicate where the hostel is. Need to communicate the following better in your description on the site: There will be 2 € added on to the price indicated on the site. There's a 5 € deposit. There's no sign in front of the building: need to be more clear about what exactly to look for when searching for the hostel.

There are some really good restaurants outside the building but our room was fairly dirty (we had a private room) and there was dirt and hair all over the floor when we got there. We even stepped on someone else's toenail. Very close to termini train station!

The location is excellent. One thing I want to say is that the laundry service is excellent! only 3.5 pound for washing and drying, the staff will even return the clothes to your bed by night. However, the toilet is shared. While I was brushing my teeth, a man who only with underwear came out from the shower which did scare me. Also, the toilet is not very clean, I stay at the lower floor and there are always some insects. There is private locker and safe in room which is good.

WORST hostel ever. Would not provide toilet paper when requested and managers were horrible. Would sleep on street instead.

It is located near the terminal and is very useful, the area is fine. It is as it looks in the pictures, really very comfortable. No wifi problems and could also leave luggage after check out without problems. It has lockers for bags and backpacks in separate places! Only necesiats padlocks. Recommended!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel was decent and a good deal for the price. The shower and toilet were a little messy but the staff cleaned it and put extra toilet paper after someone pointed it out.

Funny and nice stuff who tried to help even though it wasn't the best english - the best shower I ever had in a hostel and not too far away from the inner city... great time - thanks a lot!

• 28th May 2014

i dont like to staffs , they were very rude and unfriendly ..

The guy at the reception was very very RUDE to me. Asked me to pay extra and when i tried to clarify he tore off my reservation ticket and asked me to leave!! Very unpleasant. I had no choice but to pay extra as I had nowhere else to go to.. Would NEVER recommend this hostel to anyone. Been my worst experience so far. The guy,at the reception has no decency and manners and doesnt know how to talk to women. Terrible experience overall!

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

In my opinion, my first impression for the hostel was that the location was good but there needs to be better signage in the front. When I first walked into the room, I was not too happy with how dirty the floor was especially since I was told it had already been cleaned. I didn't want to step foot in the kitchen because it looked old, dirty and rundown. The bathroom wasn't too bad but the problem was that there was only one for the floor.

• 1st May 2014

Nothing special, but given that I was booking a bit late and all other options for Rome were expensive, this hostel was a good value for money. They have a kitchen available, which is good. Bad part was cleanliness.

There was nothing wrong with this hostel but if you have loud roommates and only one shower on your floor it is not the best. No other complaints.

First off, the place isn't even called Hostel Andrew. There is only one small sign outside the door saying "hostel andrew" amid multiple other hostel and hotel signs. The staff spoke almost no English, so even checking in became a 40 minute process. If you just want a place to sleep and not have to interact with the staff for any reason other than check in and check out, then this place is fine, but if you actually want useful information from the staff or good atmosphere, look elsewhere.