Hostel Andrew Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Italy

It´s not a hostel, they are aparments. Although we did not expect that, it was very good. There are no keys for the rooms, there´s only one key for the entire floor. We stayed during the low season so we were practically alone, the kitchen was empty (of people and cutlery) and that was enjoyable. However, if the rooms would have been full, it would have been a mess!!! The wi fi connection is not good and thwy give you a code to use it .

This hostel is in a good location. Our room however was not clean on arrival, with dirt and hair on the floor, beds and tables. The mattresses were in poor condition and mattress protector stained and old. Bathroom was clean condition but the shower stopped during use. No windows or air conditioning in the small,stuffy room only windows that we could not close, opening up onto the hall, meaning lots of noise. The rooms has a musty stuffy smell always. The staff were quite abrupt and rude.

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff are not so friendly/ Because of my train arriving to Rome late for 3 hours\ I reached the Hostel after midnight\ but the routine simple check=in procedure took me 25 minutes/ It seems the staff are do not know how to say THANK YOU and SORRY/ In the kitchen the table=ware and the ingradients are so basic/ All I could find was the SALT only/ This is my third time to stay in this Hostel/ There is much room to improve/

I was late for checking-in after mid-night causing by the delay of the train for 3 hours. When I arrived at the Hostel. The simple check-in procedure took 25 minutes with a cool face. While I stayed in the Hostel for 3 nights and contacted the staff few times, I found out they didn't know how to say THANK and SORRY. The unfriendly staff made me felt not comfortable,

it was really nice hostel. showers and toilets was clean. rooms are small but its ok for sleeping.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Tried to stay here, but they wouldn't let me check in at night--nobody was at the desk, and when I rung the bell, I was yelled at in Italian by some woman and then ignored. I went back the next day to complain, and the guy at the desk played an "I don't speak any English" card, and straight up lied to me about being there the night before. He told me to get out after I complained and called him a liar. Don't stay here. Stay at The Yellow across the street. Hotel Andrew is run by crooks.

The price was ok and even though the hostel is almost like na apartment, the rooms are ok. Just the first impression wans't so good because we arrived in the morning and we spoke to Mr Giuseppe (who was in the reception) but he was very impolite. We asked some questions about the accomodation and he was very rude. The evening's receptionist (I think his name is Alvin) he is very nice, we had problems with fridge and he helped us very quickly. He saved our stay there.

was very very warm! no AC almost impossible to sleep

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Need to put a sign in front of the building to indicate where the hostel is. Need to communicate the following better in your description on the site: There will be 2 € added on to the price indicated on the site. There's a 5 € deposit. There's no sign in front of the building: need to be more clear about what exactly to look for when searching for the hostel.

There are some really good restaurants outside the building but our room was fairly dirty (we had a private room) and there was dirt and hair all over the floor when we got there. We even stepped on someone else's toenail. Very close to termini train station!

The location is excellent. One thing I want to say is that the laundry service is excellent! only 3.5 pound for washing and drying, the staff will even return the clothes to your bed by night. However, the toilet is shared. While I was brushing my teeth, a man who only with underwear came out from the shower which did scare me. Also, the toilet is not very clean, I stay at the lower floor and there are always some insects. There is private locker and safe in room which is good.