Hostel Andrew Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Italy

Pros: The showers were the best I've ever used in a hostel. Everything was pretty clean. Right next to the Termini. Cons: It was difficult to find this hostel. The reception is actually the reception for another hostel (Hostel Corallo). It took the woman from reception almost 15 minutes to get us to our room after we checked in. Wi-fi really slow most of the time. Beds were not very comfortable.

It´s not a hostel, they are aparments. Although we did not expect that, it was very good. There are no keys for the rooms, there´s only one key for the entire floor. We stayed during the low season so we were practically alone, the kitchen was empty (of people and cutlery) and that was enjoyable. However, if the rooms would have been full, it would have been a mess!!! The wi fi connection is not good and thwy give you a code to use it .

This hostel is in a good location. Our room however was not clean on arrival, with dirt and hair on the floor, beds and tables. The mattresses were in poor condition and mattress protector stained and old. Bathroom was clean condition but the shower stopped during use. No windows or air conditioning in the small,stuffy room only windows that we could not close, opening up onto the hall, meaning lots of noise. The rooms has a musty stuffy smell always. The staff were quite abrupt and rude.

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff are not so friendly/ Because of my train arriving to Rome late for 3 hours\ I reached the Hostel after midnight\ but the routine simple check=in procedure took me 25 minutes/ It seems the staff are do not know how to say THANK YOU and SORRY/ In the kitchen the table=ware and the ingradients are so basic/ All I could find was the SALT only/ This is my third time to stay in this Hostel/ There is much room to improve/

I was late for checking-in after mid-night causing by the delay of the train for 3 hours. When I arrived at the Hostel. The simple check-in procedure took 25 minutes with a cool face. While I stayed in the Hostel for 3 nights and contacted the staff few times, I found out they didn't know how to say THANK and SORRY. The unfriendly staff made me felt not comfortable,