Hostel Ani & Haakien Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

the space of kitchen could be more separated. the laundry service should be more careful, clothes still wet.

Exceeded already high expectations. As a solo traveler, this was the place to go. Cozy common area with large well equipped kitchen made it ideal for meeting people. This is an ideal hostel, where fellow travelers can relax and mingle. Hostel was exceptionally clean and beds were comfortable. They even had planned activities every night. Also, they had outlets in each locker to charge things, how clever! I really loved everything about my stay. I will return again. Thanks!!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Everything was top-notch however showers were a bit weird. Highly recommended!

Pretty nice. 10/10

• 3rd Oct 2015

Very nice hostel. Providing everything you need and more. Love the decor / atmosphere Staff super helpful and friendly Would definitely stay again.

The greatest selling point would be its location. It is just a few minutes walk from the train station. Dorm, shower room and toilet were clean and tidy. Upper bunk of the beds didnt have the guardrail and lucky i was assigned with the lower one. I will recommend this hostel if you are going to visit Rotterdam.

Chose this place for the cat and wasn't disappointed. Cozy place to relax and chill out, would stay again.

Great staff. Near the central station so an easy walk once you arrive. Only complaint is top bunks have no ladder, nor any side bars so you gotta be careful not to fall off the bed in the night. The bike rental is a must for someone new to Rotterdam.

Staff was great and very kind. The kitchen was well equiped and clean, so was the whole hostel. It was great. The lttle problem are just the walls - they are so thin you can hear everithing and everyone :) Our room was near showers and the whole night we listened to the water flling, till we fall asleep. Otherwise, great and you will not regret paying it.

Pretty clean and nice breakfast. Good atmosphere and nice staff. Always good chill out music. Just too many rules. Can't be out in the garden after 11pm so not place to stay out having a chat and a smoke. Can't be in the common area after 2am. Kitchen closes at 11pm.

Really liked this hostel, it has a very homey atmosphere. Kitchen facilities were great and there was lots of spaces to hang out and relax after a day of sightseeing. The staff was great, very upbeat and seemed to really want to get to know the people staying there. I would stay here again.

Fantastic hostel!!!!! I had a very nice stay here. Very comfortable beds and very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hostel!!

Whoehoee!! thanks :)

So warm and welcoming

I stayed here after reading review after review of praise and am so glad I did! If I come back to Rotterdam I will definitely stay here again. This hostel is clean! Spacious! Wifi is actually really good! The hostel fosters a sense of community with free breakfast, bookshelves, give and take shop, communal basket at toiletries, etc. which creates a really nice atmosphere, people here were chatty and friendly. Very relaxing stay. Only tiny downside was no PowerPoint near my bed.

Excellent hostel! Staff were super friendly and cheerful! Everything was clean and the kitchen was well stocked! Bike rental service was rad! Suzy the cat was cool but didnt like me very much :(

Staff constantly doing their own thing, feels like you can't ask them anything, was never sure who was actually on duty and who wasn't, they all just sat around and talked, sometimes very loud. They also played very loud music in the morning. No plugs near the beds. Kitchen okay, but very annoying when you're not allowed to cook because of the hostel dinner. Close to central station.

Dear! Of course you can cook your own meal when we are organizing a hostel dinner.. our kitchen is big enough! You had two plugs in you locker, sorry you missed those. If in any way we made you feel like we were not there to help we would like to apologize. Happily we were close to the station. Travel Safe! Regards The Ani&Haakien team.

This hostel was one of the nicest, cleanest, and best overall atmospheres in all of my travels. I would strongly recommend for anyone travelling to Rotterdam!

Cool hostel in a cool city, chill as a bicky

I really liked your hostel and I will come back if I plan to go to Rotterdam again. Unfortunately the Wednessday dinner could not be arranged at my tie of stay.

Very nice place. Could be cheaper....