Hostel Ani & Haakien Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

Cute hostel located very close to the train station and only a 15-20 min walk to the shopping streets, Witte de WIthstraat, Markthal, etc. We got a private room and I was surprised at how much shelving space there was to put my belongings. Each floor has shared showers and toilets. Facilities were very clean, front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Renting a towel is a little pricy. They also have daily food activities like pancake breakfasts, etc. Would recommend!

Close to train and easy walk to city centre! Lovely spot

This is a dream hostel. Once you check in you will never want to leave. It's seriously the coziest place to stay and meet amazing people in Rotterdam.

Great Hostel, friendly atmosphere, right in the heart of Rotterdam. Most nights they have excellent value dinners with huge portions; More than an elephant could eat. There are bikes to rent and a cycle tour to kinderdijk where the guide could make cycling fun despite the wind and rain. 😄

Great, chilled out, relaxed atmosphere, and really great kitchen. Book exchange decent, good internet. They do communal activities as well to see around Rotterdam :) staff were friendly and helpful. Wish there was an elevator to help with luggage, but that's really my only criticism. On a quiet street, so close the central station, and within reasonable walking distance of everything else.

The location of this hostel is conveniently close to the station and very easy to find. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is very homey and welcoming. The wifi was good and so was the breakfast. The rooms and showers were clean.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Malta

Thank you for choosing us! Hope you have a chance to be back soon :)

Very nice friendly and homey feel hostel. Loved the cat and free breakfast!

Nice, chilled hostel, really close to central station.

Hey ;). Hostel is close by to everything, it has pretty fun and great stuff, few free tours during the week(hey Frank ;)) and generally nice atmosphere - they got lovely cat , old school living room like chill out area and lovely backyard(must be awesome in summer). Only thing which bothered me were the showers. They had shower timer, so you couldn't regulate amount and temperature of water. Also breakfast is ok, but bit too sugary, bit of fruit or cheese instead of jam would be great

Thank you very much for the lovely words! Are you coming back for another fun wednesday NIGHTWALK by Frank? Karaoke is getting ready!!!

Nice place with friendly staff and volunteers. Rooms were spacious and had lockers for each bed (they provide the locks). They have a super cool cat too.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Super super clean, the kitchen is the cleanest I've ever seen in a hostel! Cute cat. Great staff and people. Dorm is comfortable and lockers are great. I would stay here again easily :)

Thank you sooo much! It was great to have you here :)

Super fun, cozy hostel. They just charge a ton for everything! Yikes

Thank you for the lovely words! Hopefully next time you stay with us for longer so you don't miss out on our Free pancakes, Free Coffee&Toast, Free architecture tours, Free nightwalks, awesomely free graffiti tours and more! (in case you didn't bring your own towel you can rent ours for €1,50)

This place is not like a hostel, it's like a home. I'm at the end of a three month trip around Europe and I've stayed in a lot of places but this one was special. You're sure to make friends in the lounge area which was very comfortable. Suzie the cat is great. Breakfast is nice and the beds/showers are good. Staff is helpful and kind. Thank you all for everything

Thank you for the lovely words!

Great hostel! Walking tours are awesome, go to the night one if you're there!

Really cute, quirky interior, amazingly clean, great facilities and atmosphere. Stayed for two nights and was contemplating a week more. Couldn't recommend more! I'll miss the place

You're the best!

Awesome hostel, really vibrant staff that make everyone feel warm and welcome! Great facilities including exceptional showers. Really enjoyed my stay here, especially with the free upgrade! Thanks!

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast, good beer for sell. The only two things can be complained are, first, you cannot adjust the water temperature in bathrooms (it is warm enough but i prefer hotter), and the computer in the living room cannot access to the internet. Other than these two things, it is perfect to stay there. Actually, I extended my stay there from 3 nights to 5 nights.

Happy to hear this lovely words, thanks for staying with us! Don't miss the Free pancake breakfast when you're planning to visit us again! (the internet cable must have been unplugged, next time just ask the staff to help you)

This is one of my favourite hostels. The atmosphere is very open and friendly so it is easy to meet people. The rooms are up lots of stairs but are spacious enough and there's enough bathrooms and showers.

It was fantastic! A really good place to stay and the staff are very energetic and creative in terms of providing for the guests. I will highly recommend it to others travelling to Rotterdam.

Thank youuu!!!

One of our absolute favourite hostels of our entire three months in Europe. Will never forget our time here! We would recommend anyone to visit Rotterdam just to stay at Ani & Haakien. Thank you for having us

WOW! It is always so pleasant to have great guests here and have the opportunity of meeting them. Did you know.. returning guest have a present waiting here! #youwillbeback ;)