Hostel Ani & Haakien Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

Amazing hostel, people, place, atmosphere! I really felt as if I were at home 😍 I highly recommend this amazing hostel to everyone !

Very good hostel with simple but amazing atmosphere

Beautiful Hostel where I felt like being at home!!! Nice people, always very kind and helpful! Did a nice Nighttour with Frank!! Thanks again Frank ;) Everyone was very communicative, so I could join the groups easily and didn't feel uncomfortable by traveling alone!

The best hostel I've ever been!

Ani & Haakien is by far the best hostel I stayed in on my trip and I stayed in 33 hostels over the course of my travels. I planned to spend 2 nights but I enjoyed it so much at this hostel that I stayed 2 1/2 weeks extra and based my Netherlands portion of the trip out of Rotterdam. Which was easy because its only a 5 min walk to central station. This was by far the cleanest hostel I stayed in. Staff here are some of the best people you will meet and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

My friend and I stayed here for one night. It is a very good one. It's clean, the facilities are good and the staff is nice. The only two minor inconveniences we had were that we saw on the website that they have a parking lot but they don't. They just have two parking spots and if they are luckily free of cars, you still have to pay for them. Also, breakfast only starts at 8 (this is late for us haha) and when we came down at that time, it wasn't ready at all! But I really recommend it anyway!

He! Thanks for your feedback. That's correct! We have 2 indoor parking spots next to the hostel. The best you can do is to send us an email and we reserve a spot for you. Cost: €12,50 (moment of check in till 11am check out) Everywhere in the city centre you pay €2,50 an hour or more!

Amazing hostel. My favorite one I have EVER stayed at! My only complaint is that sometimes the staff were extremely loud, very late at night or very early in the morning and it was oftentimes hard for us travelers to figure out who was working or just there hanging out.

The best hostel ever! Once inside you can tell it is designed for travelers (lockers with chargers) and this hostel is really comfy! I love the hostel at once! Large common area created great place and best atmosphere to meet others. Very helpful and friendly staff that will talk to you and others. Their free architectural tour is also a must-join! Don't look around and this is the place! Thank you the team for making the staying experience so great!

Nice hostel with a cozy common room and chillin atmosphere. Very closs to train station and less than 10 minutes walk to the center. Friendly and helpful staff. Will go back if i return to Rotterdam

Good points: clean, close to train station and breakfast. Bad points: rooms noisy, atmosphere poor! It felt like we were intruding and didn't feel comfortable. Felt very forced!! Pretentious would be the word to describe the place!!

Thanks for your comment. We're so sorry you feel this way.. Bah! we failed..

Best hostel ever! Comfy beds. Amazing atmosphere, perfect for solo travellers. Lots of group activities, super helpful and friendly staff. Booked for two nights, stayed three more. Really feels like home. Would definitely stay here again!

High-five! Knuffel, the Ani&Haakien Team

It is a shame that I only stayed here for one night, en route to Amsterdam. This place was very quaint and hospitable. Not only would I recommend this place to travelers, I would most definitely stay here when I return to Rotterdam.

Great atmosphere, friendly people (& cat!), awesome decor and just all round good vibes. One of the best hostels I have stayed at in a long time - and like many others I extended my stay! The kitchen is really well equipped, free brekkie and the hostel dinners are great. If I had to make any suggestions, some soap in the 3rd floor toilets would be handy :)

I loved this hostel! The staff were awesome, the activities were cool, we had movie night and pancake breakfast! The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the kitchen was well equipped. A really great hostel and I would highly recommend it!

the space of kitchen could be more separated. the laundry service should be more careful, clothes still wet.

Exceeded already high expectations. As a solo traveler, this was the place to go. Cozy common area with large well equipped kitchen made it ideal for meeting people. This is an ideal hostel, where fellow travelers can relax and mingle. Hostel was exceptionally clean and beds were comfortable. They even had planned activities every night. Also, they had outlets in each locker to charge things, how clever! I really loved everything about my stay. I will return again. Thanks!!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Everything was top-notch however showers were a bit weird. Highly recommended!

Pretty nice. 10/10

• 3rd Oct 2015

Very nice hostel. Providing everything you need and more. Love the decor / atmosphere Staff super helpful and friendly Would definitely stay again.

The greatest selling point would be its location. It is just a few minutes walk from the train station. Dorm, shower room and toilet were clean and tidy. Upper bunk of the beds didnt have the guardrail and lucky i was assigned with the lower one. I will recommend this hostel if you are going to visit Rotterdam.