Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Good place to stay, dorm rooms have closing curtains at bed, so that's good if you want to sleep early and don't want to get awake by the light. Good facilities and fine base to visit Nagoya.

The location is very convenient. easy accesible from kanayama station. there are few convenient stores nearby.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • NatashaMusafarudin
  • Malaysia

Nice hostel. The host explains every details with patience and hospitality. It is so heartwarming that the host greet us in Mandarin, making us feel like home.

Good Place to stay. Just one toilet and shower per floor is not enough. Good kitchen. Recommend.

I am happy to have a chance to join the hostel party on 09-Oct. The atmosphere is warm and pleasant even though there are less than 10 people to participate. It is a good sharing with new friends that I like staying at hostels and guest houses during my vacation. Besides, I am much grateful for the hostel staff and guests to help me to put my heavy luggage down to the ground floor.

The hostel is really clean and comfortable. The walk to the station isn't too long either, definitely recommending it.

• 4th Oct 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hostel Ann, because the staff is really nice and the house has an authentic atmosphere. Relaxing in the common room with beer and snacks was pretty good. Thank you very much for having us.

Some of the beds are a bit screaky when others (or you) are turning in the bed. Great atmosphere and you meet nice people. Rooms could have more electrical sockets available, as leaving equipment to charge in the common room doesn't seem like the best idea regardless of how safe it is in Japan in general. Bedlinen are incredibly smooth, maybe a blend of silk and cotton. Overall a very nice place to stay in Nagoya.

I had a short but really nice stay. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere really nice! Also I was very happy with the traditional look of the hostel

• 23rd Sep 2014

Really good place, one shower is the only downfall other then that really enjoyed my stay really clean and easy to get to, close to transit and staff very friendly

Small, well equipped hostel with friendly staff and an OK social atmosphere. My room was tiny with an interrogation light bulb for a light. If you're on a top bunk I'd invest in an eye mask. The kitchen and common rooms were big and well equipped and the staff were very helpful and helped me book some stuff. Lots of restaurants/shops in easy walking distance. Just two common showers on the ground floor, but this didn't cause any real inconvenience.

insanely friendly staff, good facilities, close to kanayama station = good access to the city

I really liked the lounge area, and I enjoyed chatting with the other guests. I also like futon-style dorms, which is what is available here.

great atmosphere and social staff.

The atmosphere among the guests staying there was great, the staff always very kind and helpful and the hostel itself has a really comfortable feel to it, which I think is partly due to its mostly Japanese-style interior. I would definitely stay there again!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Great staff, really nice common room. Bathrooms were small- only one Western toilet.

Perfect hostel.

There was AC in the room, which was great against the horribly hot Nagoya heat. Enjoyed my stay there and would be happy to stay again.

The hostel was very nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and we're very polite. We enjoyed e fact that breakfast was included in the price. It made the mornings very easy. A very nice hostel!

One of the best hostel out there..but the check in at 4 p.m is somewhat difficult for people arrive early morning or noon time!.to be fair most of hostel in Japan also have the same check in policy