Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Great staff, really nice common room. Bathrooms were small- only one Western toilet.

• 16th Jul 2014

Perfect hostel.

There was AC in the room, which was great against the horribly hot Nagoya heat. Enjoyed my stay there and would be happy to stay again.

The hostel was very nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and we're very polite. We enjoyed e fact that breakfast was included in the price. It made the mornings very easy. A very nice hostel!

One of the best hostel out there..but the check in at 4 p.m is somewhat difficult for people arrive early morning or noon time!.to be fair most of hostel in Japan also have the same check in policy

Nagoya is a lovely city and so was this hostel. It carries a very traditional Japanese feel. Location is easy to find if you follow the directions and is about a 5 min walk to the subway. Kitchen area is huge, great for people who likes to tackle some Japanese cuisine. Female dorms are small but comfortable. Only thing is that lockers provided are a bit small. Overall, would stay again.

I didn't feel enjoy here....far from station...

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

I would recommend this hostel for its strategic location. It is near to Kanayama station (subway, bus, and train; Meitetsu line), hence very convenient to the tourist attraction. Suitable for backpackers, not for group tour. The cons is that the shower room is only 2, (one of it is Japanese style, which I dnt know how to use it). The staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed here at the beginning and the end of our trip. Fantastic hostel! If you are staying in Nagoya would highly recommend it. Some of the best staff I have met in the Hostel industry ;)

very japanese style, cool, with air and good and clean baths.

Great Staff, lovely clean new facilities. Would happily stay again.

10 min walk from JR station, great staff and people. Nagoya is a great place, and hostel Ann definitely made my Time more enjoyable.

Quite small hostel close to the JR railway station Kanayama; everything looked brand new and was very clean

solid hostel :)

Hostel Ann was good but the lack of lighting in the Dormitory made it difficult to unpack, write diary, read plans or map or do any kind if work in the dorm. The other facilities were fine and it is a very good place. Grant, Emily, Amelia Morrow - Australia.

I had a great time staying at Hostel Ann. The guesthouse is really clean and beautiful. I especially enjoyed getting to know the staff. I spent some time exploring the city with two workers and they showed me some great spots I don't think I could have found on my own. They were all super nice and fun to talk to. I left feeling like I had met some great people and I would love to come back and stay again.

• 18th Apr 2014

Very close distance to the JR station but is also away from the main section on a nice quite street. There is a store right out side the door that you can grab food at real quick if need be. The lounge area was amazing and was a great place to relax. The wifi does not work in the bedrooms so that was a bit of a problem because you would have to go all the way downstairs to check any emails, research destinations, etc... enjoyed my stay none the less.

The hostel was ok, but the female dorm was very small and you didn't have any privacy, as the beds didn't have curtains. Also the upper beds were really close to the ceiling and the light right on your face. On the other hanbd, the common room was nice and the staff was very helpful.

navigating to the hostel wasnt as easy, especially in the dark when the streets arent lit up. i had to depend on my phone to find way back. i had to also lug my luggage up the stairs to my room which was a bit inconvenient. however, the was a really nice common place for everyone to chill and get to know each other and the staff were really friendly and helpful too

Mixed up with Ana hotel which is on other side of kanayama station.Luckily met a local kind girl took me there.It took me about an hour from kanayama stat to search for this hostel which is quite far from town area.Thanks god , everything is fine.I met few good friends here.