Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Small, well equipped hostel with friendly staff and an OK social atmosphere. My room was tiny with an interrogation light bulb for a light. If you're on a top bunk I'd invest in an eye mask. The kitchen and common rooms were big and well equipped and the staff were very helpful and helped me book some stuff. Lots of restaurants/shops in easy walking distance. Just two common showers on the ground floor, but this didn't cause any real inconvenience.

I really liked the lounge area, and I enjoyed chatting with the other guests. I also like futon-style dorms, which is what is available here.

great atmosphere and social staff.

The atmosphere among the guests staying there was great, the staff always very kind and helpful and the hostel itself has a really comfortable feel to it, which I think is partly due to its mostly Japanese-style interior. I would definitely stay there again!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Great staff, really nice common room. Bathrooms were small- only one Western toilet.

Perfect hostel.

There was AC in the room, which was great against the horribly hot Nagoya heat. Enjoyed my stay there and would be happy to stay again.

The hostel was very nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and we're very polite. We enjoyed e fact that breakfast was included in the price. It made the mornings very easy. A very nice hostel!

One of the best hostel out there..but the check in at 4 p.m is somewhat difficult for people arrive early morning or noon time!.to be fair most of hostel in Japan also have the same check in policy

Nagoya is a lovely city and so was this hostel. It carries a very traditional Japanese feel. Location is easy to find if you follow the directions and is about a 5 min walk to the subway. Kitchen area is huge, great for people who likes to tackle some Japanese cuisine. Female dorms are small but comfortable. Only thing is that lockers provided are a bit small. Overall, would stay again.

I didn't feel enjoy here....far from station...

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

I like the size of the hostel, not too big, not too small. Manage to met lots of other traveler during my 1 night stay. Cozy place to stay. My only complaint is that its a lil tricky to find this place at night as there so many car park area and small alleys. i spent 35mins to find it as i cam from the north side. Protip: if you are from the south side and saw the FamilyMart, turn right on the 2nd road. You will see a big red Drugstore(?) sign. Hostel Ann should be noticeable

I would recommend this hostel for its strategic location. It is near to Kanayama station (subway, bus, and train; Meitetsu line), hence very convenient to the tourist attraction. Suitable for backpackers, not for group tour. The cons is that the shower room is only 2, (one of it is Japanese style, which I dnt know how to use it). The staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed here at the beginning and the end of our trip. Fantastic hostel! If you are staying in Nagoya would highly recommend it. Some of the best staff I have met in the Hostel industry ;)

very japanese style, cool, with air and good and clean baths.

Great Staff, lovely clean new facilities. Would happily stay again.

10 min walk from JR station, great staff and people. Nagoya is a great place, and hostel Ann definitely made my Time more enjoyable.

Quite small hostel close to the JR railway station Kanayama; everything looked brand new and was very clean

solid hostel :)

Hostel Ann was good but the lack of lighting in the Dormitory made it difficult to unpack, write diary, read plans or map or do any kind if work in the dorm. The other facilities were fine and it is a very good place. Grant, Emily, Amelia Morrow - Australia.