Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Awesome stay! Really helpful staff and great facilities!

Nice location close to Kanayama, clean rooms and facilities and friendly staff.

• 4th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Helpful staff with fluent English. Great location just 5 min walk to Kanayama (金山) Station Located in small alley so it's really quiet at night.

Good experience

• 10th Apr 2015
  • wangzheann
  • China

A nice hostel in a more lively area of Nagoya. It's a bit away from the station, but the directions were precise and easy to follow. I literally only stayed for a night's sleep, so can't elaborate more.

Host was really kind and accommodating. Place looks a bit gloomy because of dim lights. The place had very Japanese atmosphere with a small garden and a common area to chill and have a meal. A real nice touch that feels like home. It was value for money. Overall, it was a great stay here.

The hostel had a very nice atmosphere and design. It was decorated to look like a traditional Japanese inn, but with modern facilities, of course. They had a nice, comfy common room and a friendly staff. The location is not the best, but they provided good directions to get there from the station.

Very nice hostel, I had a pleseant stay, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Finding this place at first was difficult , but once you know where it is, it's actually pretty good location. Hostel was bit old and quite cramped, however atmosphere was quite good. Good lounge area. Main downside for me was the bathroom facilities. Only 1 western toilet for whole hostel??? At least if they made another western toilet that would've been better (not a japanese style) Another gripe was lack of power points next to bed bunks... It really ought to have them installed ...

I really enjoyed my time at Hostel Ann. I am now living in Nagoya and this was the perfect introduction to my new city. The hostel is kept quite clean and there's a really nice atmosphere. The staff are very helpful and it's in a great location! Can't wait to stay here again in a few months.

Great place! 😊

A very pleasant stay, Staff is friendly.

I had a great stay at Hostel Ann. I highly recommend to all who are looking for place to stay ...

My stay here was okay. Facilities are alright but I think I got one of the worst spots. I had the bed by the stairs on the first floor. It was loud and annoying hearing everyone go up and down the creaky stairs. It was also VERY cold!! My room was freezing even with the heater cranked- luckily the blankets were warm. They don't heat the lobby which is open to the showers so after stepping out of hot water you dress in the freezing cold. If you're staying in Nagoya I recommend Koya Ryokan.

It's a bit of a maze to first find, but it's fully equipped with a kitchen. The bathrooms are a bit small but still nice and the common area is quite good. A solid choice for a stopover in Nagoya.

Staff are very kind, even i was late check in, they still prepare my room key, wifi password, and the wellcome card in the entrance. Everything is fine but only one thing. There is only few power sockets in the mix dormitory, and those of sockets is not near the bed and not enough for all people in the room.

The staff was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The hostel is in a great location. Kanayama is a big station with JR, Meitetsu, and subway lines, so you can get everywhere easily. The hostel is slightly out of the way on a side street, but the directions listed on this site were easy to follow. I didn't get lost! My dorm room was a little cramped, but the common areas were spacious for a Japanese house set-up. Everything was clean! Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here.

There are only two bathrooms but it seemed to work. I liked the additional curtains to the beds to give a little more privacy.

• 7th Feb 2015

A very pleasant place to stay! The hostel and rooms are both intimate and cosy, as well as bring spacious. The staff are all wonderful; very helpful and friendly. It had been the best hostel I've stayed at to date, and I've been to my fair share.

great location, abiut 5 minutes away from center. with subway. friendly staff and nice rooms with enough place to leave your luggage. there is also enough to eat in kanayama itself.