Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Great place! 😊

A very pleasant stay, Staff is friendly.

I had a great stay at Hostel Ann. I highly recommend to all who are looking for place to stay ...

My stay here was okay. Facilities are alright but I think I got one of the worst spots. I had the bed by the stairs on the first floor. It was loud and annoying hearing everyone go up and down the creaky stairs. It was also VERY cold!! My room was freezing even with the heater cranked- luckily the blankets were warm. They don't heat the lobby which is open to the showers so after stepping out of hot water you dress in the freezing cold. If you're staying in Nagoya I recommend Koya Ryokan.

It's a bit of a maze to first find, but it's fully equipped with a kitchen. The bathrooms are a bit small but still nice and the common area is quite good. A solid choice for a stopover in Nagoya.

Staff are very kind, even i was late check in, they still prepare my room key, wifi password, and the wellcome card in the entrance. Everything is fine but only one thing. There is only few power sockets in the mix dormitory, and those of sockets is not near the bed and not enough for all people in the room.

The staff was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The hostel is in a great location. Kanayama is a big station with JR, Meitetsu, and subway lines, so you can get everywhere easily. The hostel is slightly out of the way on a side street, but the directions listed on this site were easy to follow. I didn't get lost! My dorm room was a little cramped, but the common areas were spacious for a Japanese house set-up. Everything was clean! Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here.

There are only two bathrooms but it seemed to work. I liked the additional curtains to the beds to give a little more privacy.

• 7th Feb 2015

A very pleasant place to stay! The hostel and rooms are both intimate and cosy, as well as bring spacious. The staff are all wonderful; very helpful and friendly. It had been the best hostel I've stayed at to date, and I've been to my fair share.

great location, abiut 5 minutes away from center. with subway. friendly staff and nice rooms with enough place to leave your luggage. there is also enough to eat in kanayama itself.

i stayed 2nights in Ann. staffs are really kind and nice the room i stayed is little bit cold. good location and reasonable price! if i go to Nagoya again, i will stay in Ann!!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

It has everything that a hostel should have. The location is pretty great. If you are traveling from the airport to the hostel, just get off at one stop before the Nagoya station. Convenient stalls, malls and supermarket can be found around the hostel. Thus it is easy to get food supply.

HostelAnn was a really nice hostel, it really felt like coming home in the evening, because they have a very lovely living room. The staff was very nice too!

• 9th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Anne. The location was great, not too far from the station and with shops close by. Although I did get a bit lost finding the hostel as you need to turn right at the second FamilyMart and not the first one. I especially enjoyed the dinner the hostel girls put on for the guests on my first night. The hostel is super clean and the common room is a nice place to hang out. I didn't have any problems with just the 2 showers as I would shower in the evening.

great area near kanayama station and beautiful place.

Great for backpackers but wouldn't recommend this place for people with medium to large suitcases. It's a tiny hostel with 1-2 facilities and very convenient for people who are travelling light. Staff were nice and could speak English

Hostel Ann is small but comfortable for us. The staffs are great and there's great chance to meet other travellers. It's not far from station and not hard to find.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

I realized the hostel is named "Hostel Ann" is because the owner is a Japanese girl Ann. Ann was very kind to introduce me everything about her hostel, we had some converstation about operating a hostel, and the reason why she wants to open a hostel. It is a lovely small hostel inside traditional Japanese house. I am happy she is going to have a new little life coming in her world, congratulations!

This hostel was very accommodating and the staff was very friendly. I especially liked the map for finding local restaurants with information about the food type and price - it was very helpful for when we needed to find dinner after a long day of transferring trains.

-staff are very friendly and can speak moderate english -they have party event though we did not join -facilities are good, especially like the toilet on the ground floor -they have warm air conditioning in each room -location is great as kanayama is a cool place for connecting places in nagoya PS: -its so heart-warming that on the xmas night we all got a gift from the hostel!!!!