Hostel Ann Reviews

2-4-2, Kanayama Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Some of the beds are a bit screaky when others (or you) are turning in the bed. Great atmosphere and you meet nice people. Rooms could have more electrical sockets available, as leaving equipment to charge in the common room doesn't seem like the best idea regardless of how safe it is in Japan in general. Bedlinen are incredibly smooth, maybe a blend of silk and cotton. Overall a very nice place to stay in Nagoya.

I had a short but really nice stay. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere really nice! Also I was very happy with the traditional look of the hostel

• 23rd Sep 2014

Really good place, one shower is the only downfall other then that really enjoyed my stay really clean and easy to get to, close to transit and staff very friendly

Small, well equipped hostel with friendly staff and an OK social atmosphere. My room was tiny with an interrogation light bulb for a light. If you're on a top bunk I'd invest in an eye mask. The kitchen and common rooms were big and well equipped and the staff were very helpful and helped me book some stuff. Lots of restaurants/shops in easy walking distance. Just two common showers on the ground floor, but this didn't cause any real inconvenience.

insanely friendly staff, good facilities, close to kanayama station = good access to the city

I really liked the lounge area, and I enjoyed chatting with the other guests. I also like futon-style dorms, which is what is available here.

great atmosphere and social staff.

The atmosphere among the guests staying there was great, the staff always very kind and helpful and the hostel itself has a really comfortable feel to it, which I think is partly due to its mostly Japanese-style interior. I would definitely stay there again!

• 9th Aug 2014