Hostel Anton Reviews

Mazina b.b., Tivat, Montenegro

The hostel it's ok. If you want relax go there, bit tivat has nothing. Kotor is a better option! Go there the hostel is the same price and you are 30 Min from tivat if you'd like to visit.

My friend and I stayed at Hostel Anton earlier this week in the twin private room with a great sea view. The staff are lovely and very helpful, there is great atmosphere and everyone s very friendly. The major issue was when we woke up covered in BED BUGS, my friend had 50+ bites all over his, back, legs and arms. The room and beds need to be treated, otherwise it was a great stay. A taxi from the bus station or port costs less than 2 euros, and definitely saves your legs!

• 9th Sep 2013

Thank you for a good review, we enjoyed having you here! We are sorry that happened to you, but at the same time, that helped us discover the bugs and resolve the problem immediately. The bugs never showed up again after the exterminator visited us, and hopefully they never will. However, as you know these creatures happen to come with travelers, so they sometimes appear in 5 star hotels too, hostels and other places where a lot of travelers comes through. Best wishes!

Security: Small lockers; Location:Near the beach; Staff: not everyone of the staff speaks english, but that's ok; Atmosphere: there is so much wonderful view on the dawn and sunset . sit on the couch and look at this... it was amazing; value: totally costs its price;

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Russia

Pros: great location, staff friendly and helpful, relax and chill atmosphere, cheap, 5 Euro dinner great, drinks are cheap. Cons: Its not a 10 minute from bus station walk as quoted, especially with luggage. Result: I would stay again.

I loved Hostel Anton!!! It's rustic, artistic, musical, people-oriented and run by a beautiful family and their adored staff. A cab from the bus stop is only 2 Euro then you can walk into Tivat, bus to towns nearby, etc. I enjoyed the home cooked dinner, cheap beers and relaxing with staff and guests in the evenings. Great breezes and views also. Perfect alternative to busier towns witout losing out on being in a central place on Kotor bay. You feel the love of people at this hostel!

If you wanna chill out on the cheap there's no better place to do so.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Very nice atmosphere, felt like at home. They have hammock! )) Very cheerful and helpful owners and staff. You should try to sleep on the roof under the stars! Will definitely stay there again in future. Iurii, Ukraine.

The hostel was a really laid-back, relaxing place to chill for a few days. Had an amazing view, as a result of being a 15-minute uphill walk from town. Dinner was offered each night for 5 euros, but because of this during the evenings you could not use the kitchen to cook your own food. It would be great if they installed some screen in the dorm doors, as they had to be kept open at night due to heat but I ended up with about 30 mosquito bites per night as a result. Lots families with kids.

Free BF, Dinner for 5€, very nice and helpful staff, 10mins walk to the center, nice commune area to meet others with cheap bar, nice view on the sundeck terrace. Easy and nice commuting to Kotor. What can I say, I felt comfortable from the first second. Was meant to stay 2 nights and stayed 5.

The fantastic common room with relaxed atmosphere en view over the bay is a nice contrast with the luxurious port. Joining the dinner at the hostel is a nice way to save some money. When coming from the bus station, do take a taxi. The walk up with your luggage is not so nice when it's hot.

Terrible stay. Disorganised staff moved our belongings to different beds without our permission due to a large arrival, requested a taxi but they didn't know how to call one?! Very dirty, leaky shower, lights didn't work, uncomfy beds, smelly. washing up guy left in charge so couldn't help us. Asked for a wash but Stuff not washed and left lying around all day.

The main problem I had was the wifi was not good. It is in the owner's apartment and you have to move real close to have it work. This is not comfortable or convenient.

We have been staying at Hostel Anton many times, one of us has been there four years in a row. We like the atmosphere at Hostel Anton very much. It´s a cozy place with a lovely warm hearted staff. The staff can help you plan your trip and gives you good advices. We really recommend this Hostel for all art and music lovers, because there are many times some art exhibitions and many evenings jam sessions, really good ones!! We absolutely love this place

• 4th Jun 2013
  • Finland

Great bargain for this town; I'll return when I'm back in Tivat. The use of the kitchen saves $$. There's a lot of space at this hostel which is another forte. They showed me a free space room inside where I could work. Nice balconies. Walking distance into the town was just a few minutes and was scenic. This hostel has some parts that are work in progress. My only critique: take up the older carpet in certain areas and have just slab concrete until tile or new carpet goes down.

I stayed it the Hostel Anton very short, but had great time nevertheless. Everything feels like home, casual and friendly. There is also a very cool art club with occasional live music and art exhibitions. Location is good for exploring the rest of Boka bay, and there is lot you can explore in Tivat and it's surroundings. It seems that Hostel Anton is already known within young and free-spirited people, quite a few folks I met there were repeating guests, who knew local sights very well.

• 28th May 2013
  • Montenegro

Friendly and welcoming staff, a wonderful view over the bay, and a chilled out atmosphere (if you want a party hostel, this is probably not the place). Beds a bit uncomfortable and short for my 1,90m height. For a town this small a bit of a longer walk to bus station and center, which is however more than compensated by the great view from the roof terrace and balcony. It was a pleasant stay all in all. And of course the price can't be beat.

Cordial welcome in this peacefull place. Gorgeous jam. Dream team!

• 24th May 2013