Hostel Anton Reviews

Mazina b.b., Tivat, Montenegro

This was a great hostel. A very chilled atmosphere, and a great place to meet people. The staff were amazing, very helpful and kind. They do dinners there most nights in the evenings. A great experience. There is no beach though in Tivat if that's what you're looking for..

Good hostel, I was pretty much the only guest but I really liked I here.

Good place, and nice view from the hostel

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The people, both the staff and other hostelers were lively and helpful. The common area is vibrant and home-like. I loved the fact that a filling breakfast is included. My only suggestion is that it would be helpful if things like towel, soap etc. were offered to the hostelers as not many would carry these while backpacking. They are probably given, but I didn't receive any, probably because I checked in late.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • India

Too less and dirty bath rooms.

The people we met and the atmosphere was great. The only downside was the bathroom. We had a private room and anytime we showered the bathroom filled with water. Apart from the shower having a round base and square curtain, the base was loose and leaked from the bottom. The drain also stank. Also the door to our bedroom had a broken lock so the room on the other side of our shared bathroom had access. Needs some attention.

There was no air conditioning in the rooms. The country boils everyday in the summer. Absolutely no security. Employees were very pleasant. Perhaps the cheap bed is worth the discomfort. You decide.

It was 36 degrees and despite our room having an air con. unit, the owner didn't want us to use it. That is unreasonable. We had to ask for towels too.

This is the kind of hostel with a very nice atmosphere and a friendly staff always here to help and make your stay very comfortable. They are playing very nice music, they propose you international diner (optional) and the main room is a nice place to have a drink and as well a good place to meet other travelers... and the view from the terasse is just amazing :)

Great hostel! Staff is extremely helpful and nice! Anton's is also very clean. The little walk uphill may be a minus for some - but it also makes for a good view. I hope to be back!

Nice hostel with a rooftop view of beautiful Tivat. Good dining and chill spaces, and good laundry facilities. Friendly staff with free breakfast. But very open, with no locks on doors so not much security. Also very hot in July with only one fan and no air con in rooms.

Perfect hostel spirit.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • satinece
  • Turkey

I stayed at Hostel Anton when I first arrived in Montenegro and liked it so much that I went back again at the end of my trip. The owners are incredibly welcoming and helpful, and the atmosphere at the hostel is one of the friendliest I've experienced. They provide lockers for your valuables and, on most nights, serve a great dinner that rotates between local and international dishes. Hostel Anton is a great base for your explorations of Tivat and the rest of the Bay.

Wonderful peaceful hostel, with plenty of space and great owner & staff to help make the stay amazing! Thanks Ivan & Gise!

The staff were fantastic, very welcoming, accommodating and very helpful. This allowed a great atmosphere. The common areas are spacious, relaxing, and have great views of the bay. Location is not central but only 10 minute walk (maximum) from the town. My only criticism would be no air conditioning and really uncomfortable beds!

• 26th Jun 2015

The hostel is beautiful, it's got a great lounge area right where the reception/dining area is, and it's got a wonderful rooftop terrace with a spectacular view. Unfortunately, when I was there the water went out for more than 24hrs and I just had to cancel my stay there. Also, there was new staff, which were very nice, but they weren't super informative about the area. And the four bed dorm where I stayed at was steaming hot (even with the doors wide open) and there was no fan inside the room.

A bit far to beach and from bus station but the view from the terrace was really nice!!! Atmosphere is also really good. Staff are friendly. There is no locker in the room but there is next to the lobby.so it's OK.

Very cosy living room with a great garden in a quiet area of Tivat. It's the perfect place to relax. The staff was very friendly and I was very well taken care of. I would definetely come back!

Clean, laid-back, friendly place. We loved the dog who lives here - she followed us all over town and made each beach visit all the more enjoyable. Easy-going, simple, a few hammocks, a nice breakfast.