Hostel Anzac House Reviews

Cumhuriyet Meydani No:59, Canakkale, Turkey

It's a bed

Cheap place to base yourself to see troy and Gallipoli. Hassle free tours do a good Gallipoli tour but I'd recommend seeing troy on your own.

It's a good location and easy to find - right by the ferry port and very close to where they drop you off from the bus station. You get what you pay for - it's really just a place to sleep, there's no real common area and it has a weird smell. The tour agent at the ground floor is super helpful though!

Great balcony!

Great hostel for just a couple of nights. Was great for what i needed. Staff were really friendly and helpful :)

Luckily we were only there for a night... I guess it was ok for a short stay, but the rooms had no lockers, no door, the bathrooms were pretty gross and the sinks appeared to have some sort of self-cleaning balls in the drain that smelt like mothballs. The receptionist kept coming in and out of the room and often just sat there awkwardly. Felt like a bit of an invasion of personal space? It served its purpose I suppose, but it wasn't a pleasant stay and I wouldn't book there again.

The location is perfect, 1min walk from the ferry port. I only stayed here because it was the cheapest I could find and all I really wanted to do was Gallipoli. They offer tours from the hostel-do not take them! There is hassle free tours in the same building and they are amazing! The staff here are not the best but will smile at you when you walk past. The building is run down, no locks on the doors and our dorm door didn't even close so did not feel safe with my belongings. Shower = sh*t

It was a fine hostel, I guess. Its weird that the front is often left unguarded as the rooms are just open. The rooms aren't particuarlly nice and it got pretty gross at night. The bathrooms are also not that great, but shared bathrooms rarely are. It is a good location though, just steps to the ferry. They have a travel agency on the first floor, which seemed a bit weird, but they didn't push it too hard. Not a terrible time, but kind of a meh place.

super well located, good wifi, staff is helpful, i highly recommend

many times during varing times of the day and morning hours the front desk was empty making it easy fro anyone to just walk oin. the door to my dorm room had a broken handle and lock making it unable to latch.