Hostel Anzac House Reviews

Cumhuriyet Meydani No:59, Canakkale, Turkey

It's a bed

Cheap place to base yourself to see troy and Gallipoli. Hassle free tours do a good Gallipoli tour but I'd recommend seeing troy on your own.

It's a good location and easy to find - right by the ferry port and very close to where they drop you off from the bus station. You get what you pay for - it's really just a place to sleep, there's no real common area and it has a weird smell. The tour agent at the ground floor is super helpful though!

Great balcony!

Great hostel for just a couple of nights. Was great for what i needed. Staff were really friendly and helpful :)

Luckily we were only there for a night... I guess it was ok for a short stay, but the rooms had no lockers, no door, the bathrooms were pretty gross and the sinks appeared to have some sort of self-cleaning balls in the drain that smelt like mothballs. The receptionist kept coming in and out of the room and often just sat there awkwardly. Felt like a bit of an invasion of personal space? It served its purpose I suppose, but it wasn't a pleasant stay and I wouldn't book there again.

The location is perfect, 1min walk from the ferry port. I only stayed here because it was the cheapest I could find and all I really wanted to do was Gallipoli. They offer tours from the hostel-do not take them! There is hassle free tours in the same building and they are amazing! The staff here are not the best but will smile at you when you walk past. The building is run down, no locks on the doors and our dorm door didn't even close so did not feel safe with my belongings. Shower = sh*t

It was a fine hostel, I guess. Its weird that the front is often left unguarded as the rooms are just open. The rooms aren't particuarlly nice and it got pretty gross at night. The bathrooms are also not that great, but shared bathrooms rarely are. It is a good location though, just steps to the ferry. They have a travel agency on the first floor, which seemed a bit weird, but they didn't push it too hard. Not a terrible time, but kind of a meh place.

super well located, good wifi, staff is helpful, i highly recommend

many times during varing times of the day and morning hours the front desk was empty making it easy fro anyone to just walk oin. the door to my dorm room had a broken handle and lock making it unable to latch.

third floor did not have hot water in all of its shower stalls. i ended up showering on the second floor...i was the only ine in the large dorm so it was very quiet in the room.

This hostel received a couple of bad reviews on Hostelworld and I don't think they are completely warranted. I met the rest of the people in the dorm and we all agreed that there were no cockroaches anywhere as well as no dirt in the rooms at all. The beds were comfortable, the temperature fine. One of the 3 showers was not producing hot water, but simply use the one next to it and it was fine. The showers are not hotel quality, glass paneled and tiled wonders, but they have hot water.

Good if you are only after a bed to sleep in. The hot water didnt work at all. But very happy with the Anzac Gallipoli tour that the owner reccommended.

It's a place to sleep, so in all fairness, you get what you pay for. I didn't shower there so I can't speak on the cleanliness of the showers, but the bathroom was average and tolerable.

The hostel was okay. It seemed relatively clean except for the cockroaches in the 15 bed mixed dorm. The internet didnt work the first day but it started working on the second day. The entire room only had one outlet, so if there are more than a few people in the dorm it would be impossible to charge anything.

Probably the worst hostel I have ever stayed in: Door to dorm did not close let alone lock Could not connect to wifi anywhere No lockers Nobody at reception when we arrived Amount of beds in one room definitely illegal Staff stand in corridors drunk at 4am talking loudly 'No hassle' tours ironically harass you on arrival to book with them Bathrooms filthy and unisex and smell Were told breakfast at 8am, what that really meant was tell us now if would like breakfast at 8am

Only 3 people in my 16 person dorm so plenty of room, wouldn't be so great if it was packed though, especially for the poor person stuck in the middle of the room! Great location, hostel is just fine.

Good stay on the whole! 15 beds in one dorm is quite a lot but to be expected. There was also only one power socket which thankfully I was able to use. Staff very helpful and I enjoyed the breakfast. Even though we only stayed for one night they let us leave our bags in the hostel post-check-out time the following day

AVOID this place!! besides the convenient location everything else is awful!! Outdated and disgusting room, bathroom and shower. I booked a single room but when I arrived a member of staff told me the hostel was full and offered me a bed they put - believe it or not - inside a tiny office!!! I ended up in a dorm - with roaches!!

The good thing about this hostel is the location. Our doble room was clean but didnt have windows so it got really hot. I would say that is ok for just one night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3