Hostel Anzac House Reviews

Cumhuriyet Meydani No:59, Canakkale, Turkey

The location is perfect, 1min walk from the ferry port. I only stayed here because it was the cheapest I could find and all I really wanted to do was Gallipoli. They offer tours from the hostel-do not take them! There is hassle free tours in the same building and they are amazing! The staff here are not the best but will smile at you when you walk past. The building is run down, no locks on the doors and our dorm door didn't even close so did not feel safe with my belongings. Shower = sh*t

super well located, good wifi, staff is helpful, i highly recommend

many times during varing times of the day and morning hours the front desk was empty making it easy fro anyone to just walk oin. the door to my dorm room had a broken handle and lock making it unable to latch.

third floor did not have hot water in all of its shower stalls. i ended up showering on the second floor...i was the only ine in the large dorm so it was very quiet in the room.

This hostel received a couple of bad reviews on Hostelworld and I don't think they are completely warranted. I met the rest of the people in the dorm and we all agreed that there were no cockroaches anywhere as well as no dirt in the rooms at all. The beds were comfortable, the temperature fine. One of the 3 showers was not producing hot water, but simply use the one next to it and it was fine. The showers are not hotel quality, glass paneled and tiled wonders, but they have hot water.

Good if you are only after a bed to sleep in. The hot water didnt work at all. But very happy with the Anzac Gallipoli tour that the owner reccommended.

It's a place to sleep, so in all fairness, you get what you pay for. I didn't shower there so I can't speak on the cleanliness of the showers, but the bathroom was average and tolerable.

The hostel was okay. It seemed relatively clean except for the cockroaches in the 15 bed mixed dorm. The internet didnt work the first day but it started working on the second day. The entire room only had one outlet, so if there are more than a few people in the dorm it would be impossible to charge anything.

Probably the worst hostel I have ever stayed in: Door to dorm did not close let alone lock Could not connect to wifi anywhere No lockers Nobody at reception when we arrived Amount of beds in one room definitely illegal Staff stand in corridors drunk at 4am talking loudly 'No hassle' tours ironically harass you on arrival to book with them Bathrooms filthy and unisex and smell Were told breakfast at 8am, what that really meant was tell us now if would like breakfast at 8am

Only 3 people in my 16 person dorm so plenty of room, wouldn't be so great if it was packed though, especially for the poor person stuck in the middle of the room! Great location, hostel is just fine.

Good stay on the whole! 15 beds in one dorm is quite a lot but to be expected. There was also only one power socket which thankfully I was able to use. Staff very helpful and I enjoyed the breakfast. Even though we only stayed for one night they let us leave our bags in the hostel post-check-out time the following day

AVOID this place!! besides the convenient location everything else is awful!! Outdated and disgusting room, bathroom and shower. I booked a single room but when I arrived a member of staff told me the hostel was full and offered me a bed they put - believe it or not - inside a tiny office!!! I ended up in a dorm - with roaches!!

The good thing about this hostel is the location. Our doble room was clean but didnt have windows so it got really hot. I would say that is ok for just one night.

Very good position but it seemed to be a little bit dirty.

This was one of the most disappointing hostels I stayed at in Turkey. I would recommend finding another place to stay that has better facilities and a more helpful staff. The only positive here was the location (very close to the ferry).

The staff at this place were very helpful and the tours they ran were really good with very informative guides. I went in the quiet season so the dorm was never full. There's a nice rooftop area where you could sit and have a drink with people as well. The hostel is also very close to the ferry and where the bus drops you off so its very easy to find. All in all a very good stay.

This place is a clean place, we stayed here to visit Gallipoli. In the dorm they have clean beds. Showers and toilet fine. Wifi worked. Unfortunately not a place to meet people. Has a great rooftop terrace that's not utilized as well as it should be.

Rooms quite ugly, facilities had locks not working and were dirty, broken furniture in the room...

There was only me and another guy in the dorm room during my stay so security was less of an issue, but if the 16 or so bed room was full I would be concerned since the room is unlocked and there are no lockers.

We stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. This place is fine for one night. 1min from the ferry terminal to Eceabat. Right next to the main restaurants and shops. Bathroom was fairly clean and plenty of showers and hot water. Free toiletries. Our room obviously had smokers in it previously, other than that it was fine.