Hostel Arrabal Reviews

Salta 661 Montserrat, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Honestly, this place, with the Turning Point Hostel in Cordoba, are the two best hostels I've been in Argentina ! And so far really ! The staff is really cool and helpfull, the place is clean, very nice, and the atmosphere was cool ! I will come back for sure If I have to go to BA !

I cant say anything bad about the hostel. I really liked staying there. The bathrooms where cleaned several times a day. And Marcio at the reception was really helpfull everyday, giving tips and advice on what to do in the city. Great location and it is very easy to get from the busterminal to the hostel. The common area was very nice and there were always a lot of people hanging out there.

Really chill hostel, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff. This is the place to return when I visit Buenos Aires again.

Really great hostel in terms of cleanliness, location, security, comfort, facilities. The only thing that it's lacking is atmosphere - the guests hardly interacted with eachother, only within their groups of friends. As a single traveller, that's a big of a dissapointment. However it could just be due to the guests who were there when I was there.

It was so great to come back to the hostel on a hot afternoon to an air conditioned common area. It certainly helped to promote social interaction. The staff were friendly and always helpful, and worked to ensure the hostel was kept clean. I think it would be nice if the rooms were kept just a little bit cooler at night, but I would definitely stay here again!

The staff is very helpful, but two of them speak English very poorly. Awesome breakfast!

My gf and I stayed here and I don't normally write reviews but I thought this place deserved it. Very safe area with an easy walk to subway and shops. Toilets & bathrooms I saw getting cleaned every day. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. They seemed to care about the place a lot and I think the owner of this establishment should be proud of his staff.

• 26th Feb 2015

The guy who works there (looks like Japanese) is really kind and knows anything about Buenos Aires. He helped me a lot.

A pretty nice hostel to stay in, is in a great location and the facilities were pretty great too.

This was a nice relaxed hostel and one that felt very comfortable. The staff were really good and helpful. A massive especially big thanks to Ignacio. He was really helpful and friendly and gave a lot of great information. A big thanks to all the other staff too. Sometimes it's the people that make the hostel great. Thanks for a being home for a few days guys :) .

Cosy Hostel with a "like-home" atmosphere! Staff really helpful and good prices for dorms!

This became our home in Buenos Aires. We had planned on staying for a very short time (1 or 2 nights) and ended up staying for nearly 2 weeks. The staff we so so helpful and kind. The location was great - in Montserrat, super close to San Telmo with endless restaurants, bars, cafes - a very vibrant neighbourhood. Very spacious, the showers were good, they turned the A/C on for us at night, the kitchen could have been cleaner but overall it is such a lovely place.

A really good hostel, one of the best I've been to in South America. The price is one of the lowest you can find. If you are looking for a party hostel that is defiantly not the place. However, if you come as a group you can boost things up and enjoy the potantial of the place - there is a big screen tv, nice sofas area, huge kitchen and great pool table. One big downside is that they turn off the AC between 11am-11-pm, which is significant at BA heat. Marcio at the front desk is great!

The hostel is located in a convenient part of town, and easy to walk to different amenities. The decor is relatively new and bathrooms, dorms etc are clean. I did however have a very bad experience - coming back one night/morning I could not get into the hostel (despite ringing and knocking for 2 hours). I had to wait until breakfast when the night manager woke up... As a solo female the area isn't the safest to be around at that time (a few sketchy characters) so I rated Security very poor.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Seemed okay, but was a bit disappointed as I had booked with the intention of staying New Year's because it said there was a bar and a cafe in the facilities. This is not the case, so I moved to a more lively place after one night. Having said that, it was clean, had nice communal areas and what looked like a well stocked kitchen. Very good security and good location.

Most helpfull staff so far! They can answer all your questions.

Loved that place. I´m coming back.

Really wonderful staff & very clean bathrooms!

very nice and helpful staff

Good hostel, helpful staff especially the Chinese guy... Breakfast ok! Good wifi, nice big, clean bathrooms, plugs at every bed. Nice big pool table! Thankyou for a nice stay!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels