Hostel Arrabal Reviews

Salta 661 Montserrat, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very Nice and informative staff and very good value for money being in BA. Location is good being placed right next to a cheap and good laundry service.

Good people here, guests and staff alike. Talk to Marcio at the front desk. A proper concierge and a true gentlemen. We intended to change to a hostel in Palermo midway through, but booked in for longer here.

• 11th Apr 2015

Great hostel, very social and in a cracking location! The staff are really helpful and gave us plenty of advice on cheap alternatives to get the best out of the big city! For the price, you cannot complain! Plus it's right next door to a delicious kilogram! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Enjoyed our stay here. Very nice dorms with comfortable beds. Free pool table and a good communal space for meeting others. Location is good. The staff had exceptional local knowledge and cleaning standards. Only thing I'd like to see would be more space to hangs clothes in the showers. All round great hostel.

After staying in a few other hostels around Buenos Aires, this one is by far the best for a solo traveler. The staff are great, really helpful and friendly, the common areas are kept clean, the kitchen and sofas are a bit old but still work fine! WiFi is great but most importantly the atmosphere is great! I think it's a good size hostel to meet people! The only tiny improvement I would make is to get some tea towels in the kitchen!

Really nice hostel!! Near from everything, good staff and plenty of activities and space to socialize, definitely a place to stay in Buenos Aires!!

Honestly, this place, with the Turning Point Hostel in Cordoba, are the two best hostels I've been in Argentina ! And so far really ! The staff is really cool and helpfull, the place is clean, very nice, and the atmosphere was cool ! I will come back for sure If I have to go to BA !

I cant say anything bad about the hostel. I really liked staying there. The bathrooms where cleaned several times a day. And Marcio at the reception was really helpfull everyday, giving tips and advice on what to do in the city. Great location and it is very easy to get from the busterminal to the hostel. The common area was very nice and there were always a lot of people hanging out there.

This is great budget hostel. The location is handy for most things by foot or if not the metro and buses are close. The breakfast is dissapointing, just bread and cereal. Or if like me you dont eat cereal, just bread and jam. The computer for guest use is quite bad also, it's better to go to the internet place across the street. Otherwise the hostel is perfect for exploring Buenos Aires and Marcio is great. He has all the answers. I will probably stay here again.

Really chill hostel, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff. This is the place to return when I visit Buenos Aires again.

Really great hostel in terms of cleanliness, location, security, comfort, facilities. The only thing that it's lacking is atmosphere - the guests hardly interacted with eachother, only within their groups of friends. As a single traveller, that's a big of a dissapointment. However it could just be due to the guests who were there when I was there.

It was so great to come back to the hostel on a hot afternoon to an air conditioned common area. It certainly helped to promote social interaction. The staff were friendly and always helpful, and worked to ensure the hostel was kept clean. I think it would be nice if the rooms were kept just a little bit cooler at night, but I would definitely stay here again!

The staff is very helpful, but two of them speak English very poorly. Awesome breakfast!

My gf and I stayed here and I don't normally write reviews but I thought this place deserved it. Very safe area with an easy walk to subway and shops. Toilets & bathrooms I saw getting cleaned every day. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. They seemed to care about the place a lot and I think the owner of this establishment should be proud of his staff.

• 26th Feb 2015

The guy who works there (looks like Japanese) is really kind and knows anything about Buenos Aires. He helped me a lot.

A pretty nice hostel to stay in, is in a great location and the facilities were pretty great too.

This was a nice relaxed hostel and one that felt very comfortable. The staff were really good and helpful. A massive especially big thanks to Ignacio. He was really helpful and friendly and gave a lot of great information. A big thanks to all the other staff too. Sometimes it's the people that make the hostel great. Thanks for a being home for a few days guys :) .

Cosy Hostel with a "like-home" atmosphere! Staff really helpful and good prices for dorms!

This became our home in Buenos Aires. We had planned on staying for a very short time (1 or 2 nights) and ended up staying for nearly 2 weeks. The staff we so so helpful and kind. The location was great - in Montserrat, super close to San Telmo with endless restaurants, bars, cafes - a very vibrant neighbourhood. Very spacious, the showers were good, they turned the A/C on for us at night, the kitchen could have been cleaner but overall it is such a lovely place.

A really good hostel, one of the best I've been to in South America. The price is one of the lowest you can find. If you are looking for a party hostel that is defiantly not the place. However, if you come as a group you can boost things up and enjoy the potantial of the place - there is a big screen tv, nice sofas area, huge kitchen and great pool table. One big downside is that they turn off the AC between 11am-11-pm, which is significant at BA heat. Marcio at the front desk is great!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels