Hostel BVJ Opera - Montmartre Reviews

1, Rue de la Tour des Dames, Paris, France

We thought that the hostel was clean and in a very nice location. However, we were frustrated that you had to pay for the Wifi. The breakfast was excellent!!

Thanks for the CLEAN HOSTEL + NICE LOCATION + EXCELENT BREAKFAST.... as informed on the micro we site, as confirmed by mail : WI-FI since 2 Euros per day... FREE WI-FI in our bars at the corner of the hostel ! Just read what you rent ! Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE !

The hostel is great! Really clean and pretty good, a little high on the price but kind of worth it because of the location. The only thing I didn't like we're the bathrooms, they are really uncomfortable and it's a little hard to take a shower there. The staff were good but some of them were rude but I think that's because they are French. Besides that, everything was great.

Thanks for the GREAT... CLEAN... & PRETTY GOOD HOSTEL... in the real city center... between the NATIONAL OPERA HOUSE the shopping district & the HISTORIC MONTMARTRE... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL !

Excellent neighborhood location on quiet street very close to a gorgeous old church. The BJV hostel is a beautiful historic building and the rooms are very clean. It was nice that there were sinks in the rooms with mirrors (and flattering lighting, too). Showers were spacious but it took a very long time for the water to become warm first thing in the morning. Staff were sometimes a little bit hard to find. Good breakfast and dining courtyard. overall nice hostel and great deal for its location.

• 27th Jun 2015

Thanks for the BEATIFULL HISTORIC BUILDING + CLEAN ROOMS + GOOD BREAKFAST... Thanks a lot for our SIMPLE & BASIC HOSTEL where you'll find just the necessary & strictly reserved for students, teachers, school groups & real open mind youth travelers from 15 till 35 years old who are not so precious ! Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE !

The baggage room is unsupervised. The male stuff are some of the rudest people I've seen. Specially the night guard, its like he was annoyed to help you. It's your job man! At least the building is lovely.

Thanks for the LOVELY BUIDING under camera control ! Sorry... but even if all our day team well know you... our SECURITY NIGHT TEAM must make their job by night... Next time arrive with a smile... a bit more open mind & present your resident card... it will be easier for them... Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE !

Toilets don't have toilet seats, shower has to press a button every thirty seconds to run.

• 16th Jun 2015

We choosed to preserve our planet, to save the blue gold... Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL !

Clean bathrooms. Propose free wifi. Staff not very Nice.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thanks for the CLEAN BATHROOMS, the PERFECT LOCATION... but as informed we are strictly reserved for students, teachers, school groups & open mind youth travellers from 15 till 35 years old ! We are just not made for you ! Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL !

Lovely place to stay , Although we arrived late but the staff has helped us a lot to find our booking and gave us a nice room to stay .

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Iran

Thanks a lot for the "LOVELY PLACE to STAY + HELPFULL STAF & NICE ROOM to stay..." For the 1st HISTORIC HOSTEL of PARIS with VERY SIMPLE & VERY BASIC FACILITIE... JUST THE NECESSARY : OPEN 24H NON STOP, only BUNK BEDS, NO LIFT, NO PUBIC KITCHEN ACCESS, NO LAUNDRY, NO BAR, NO PRIVATE LOCKERS, WI-FI since 2 Euros per day Regards, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL !

The location is great, super beautiful too. Prices are alright, but the only major disappointment was wifi. You have to buy a card (5€ for a week which is fine) but there is literally no connection anywhere, except at the lobby and guess what? It doesn't work there as well sometimes. Fix at least the router! Thank you.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Russia

86 % RATED for a GREAT & BEATIFULL LOCATION... as INFORMED on the micro web site, as CONFIRMED by mail : WI-FI since 2 Euros per day or UNLIMTED ACCESS for 5 Euros // FREE WI-FI in any bar, national musuem, public garden....

great location. super trashy facilities. before you even go there, they'll send you the infamous rude confirmation email (well, seemingly honest). If I had booked earlier, I definitely would have chosen somewhere else

I loved this hostel. The location was awesome! I like to walk and walked from here to the entire city- I never took the metro at all. 45 mins to either Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower. If you do want the metro, it's close too. It's in a beautiful old building- I was stunned when I walked inside. No free wifi, no lockers, but great free breakfast and staff (Chaker- best hostel worker I've ever met). It was recommended I take the CDG bus from opera but it took 2 hours- don't do it!!

AWESOME LOCATION + BEAUTIFUL BUILDING + GREAT FREE EARLY FRENCH BREKFAST... Thanks a lot for the 1st HISTORIC HOSTEL of PARIS with VERY SIMPLE & BASIC FACILITIES : bunk beds only, no lift, no public kitchen access, WI-FI since 2 Euros per day... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL

Night mare... Rude staff, very low hygiene, dirty showers with cold water and without any water-pressure, so you can't rinse off soap. Toilets was really awful and very dirty. Staff do not have knowledge about occupancy, I came tired after midnight and I realized, that my bed is already taken and another is not changed. The man on reception was very annoyed with such a silly problem. Breakfast is included, but very poor quality. I have visited lots of hotels, but this worth no more than 15€.

UP CLASS in a smaller room on the day of your arrival, informed of all your were expecting... your comment doesn't match at all with our reality & what we were fealing during you stay ! Please next time JUST FORGET US ! The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL

Even though the Hostel is nice and historic, not having a wifi and toilet seats is a huge deal. There are cheaper hostels or same price that have all this facilities and more. Definately wi-fi and toilet seats(which means cleaner bathrooms) maked the difference

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Bolivia

this place is like a luxury hostel at a budget price. it's super fancy but cheap so it's great. wifi is not free and costs you at minimum 5 euros for 4 hours of use. but if you factor that in with the cost, it's still worth it. free breakfast. the staff are pretty old and not super friendly or helpful but if you're budget traveling why does that matter? it's cheap and in an amazing location close to bars and restaurants open late.

The 1st HISTORIC HOSTEL... luxury only our HISTORIC LOBBY ! Thanks for the AMAZING LOCATION + GREAT FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST !!! For our SIMPLE & BASIC HOSTEL !!! The BVJ OPERA MONTMARTRE HOSTEL

Washrooms are pretty brutal, everything else was satisfactory.

You choosed the cheapest bed with simple & basics facilities to share on each floor.... and you rate our property with a PERFECT LOCATION, PERFECT SECURITY, PERFECT VALUE.. but you notice a "brutal washroom !" Sorry but it's what we can propose for the price you paid... P.S. : Next time, if wished : private bathroom are possible but a bit more expensive !

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Location is just perfect, you don't need to take public transport to reach other sights, you can just walk.. (much nicer than being in a underground). The building was older than other buildings and that made it unique. Breakfast was great too. However there were some negatives: even though i knew i don't get a comfort of a 5* hotel, however I would have expected (1) toilet with a toilet seat and (2) shower curtain because it flooded the whole floor. and WIFI

91 % RATED for a PERFECT LOCATION in an UNIQUE HISTORIC BUILDING of PARIS... with a GREAT FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST... As informed, as confirmed : WI-FI acces from 2 Euros, or FREE WI-FI in our bars just at the corner of the HOSTEL !!!

Cobran el wifi. El resto bien. No tiene lockers

The place was just wonderful. It was bought by Napolion Ponapert for one of his mistress, it was so elegant and looks like an art gallery oor a museum. The Eiffel tower is 20 minutes walk. The staff are very helpful and friendly and try their best to make your stay easy and happy. They were offeringa nice breakfast with plenty of food and drinks. By the end of my stay the manager asked me about any suggestion about anything to be added to the place and this was so minor.

THANKS a lot for the 1st HISTORIC HOSTEL of PARIS + HELPFULL STAFF + NICE FREE EARLY BREAKFAST.... We well notice your proposall, we are working on it, Best regards, The BVJ OPERA HOSTEL !

Even though the position is really good and the hostel itself is a really beautiful palace, toilettes and showers are often really dirty and uncomfortable and the price for the stay is way too high for the quantity and quality of services the hostel gives you, wich, except the breakfast, just don't exist! The staff is usually good and avaialble to you but it happened twice to me and friends that were with me to wait for a quarte of hour outside 'cause nobody was at reception!

• 23rd May 2015

Thanks for the REALLY GOOD POSITION of our SIMPLE & BASIC HOSTEL with an amazing LOBBY... Showers & toilettes are cleaned 2 to 3 times per day, but we can't give any guaranty on the way of life of your roomade... You choosed the cheapest dorm room. For more services just pay a bit more to be upclass ! Even if we don't share your point of view for our FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKAST... we are very sorry for the delay of our night team... We will be more carefull...

The place was nice enough but they basically pressure you to give them a 5 star rating. It's a solid 4 stars, clean, easy access, and good location. But it's not a great Hostel. It's above average. The ratings are a bit high I would say because the staff is working the system and telling people to give them five stars and to write excellent reviews. I would stay here again, but it's nothing special.

• 22nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thanks for the SOLID 4 STARS review : CLEAN + EASY ACCES + GOOD LOCATION... for the 1st HISTORIC HOSTEL of PARIS... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ OPERA HOSTEL !

The staff was extremely helpful! Amar in particular helped me out a lot!! (And he has good taste in tennis players- Go Federer!!) he was awesome!! The room was nice and spacious. The free breakfast was very nice! I loved the location! Very safe and close to metro! The only problem was the bathrooms and showers. They were pretty gross. DEFINITELY PACK SHOWER SHOES!!! Ew. Also, there isn't enough outlets in the room so make your stake early! I really enjoyed my stay here!! Definitely be back!

EXTREMELY HELPFULL STAFF... NICE & SPACIOUS ROOM ... NICE FREE "EARLY" BREAKFAST.... Hope to see you soon... The BVJ OPERA HOSTEL... P.S. : from 1 till 3 plugs per bed... we can't do better... sorry !