Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

I had a great time here and made many new friends. They have champagne and pasta party's that really bring everyone together and you have a good night. Easy to get to, right next to the train station and team. I recommend it!

-Great location (2min walk from central station) -4 bed private room ensuite was great (2 singles, 1 queen) -hostel is kept clean -computer room, chillout room & backyard to hangout -There is a kitchen but not 24/7 -really small lift (fit 4 ppl without bags) -no bars but there is a small shop nearby selling beers for €2 -2 kebab shops around the corner opens till late

We really enjoyed our time here. In a double bed private the room was large enough for two people and we even had a little balcony. The staff was always nice and helped us with directions or advice about beaches. The bathroom was also cleaned every day which was nice and there's a place to do laundry right around the corner.

Overpriced for what you get but that might be because it's Nice. Stayed in much nicer hostels for around the same price. Plug sockets all located next to the door so you have to leave your phone at the opposite side of the room is you're charging overnight, not ideal when there's lots of morning alarms. A whole courtyard looked into the bathroom window, which had nothing to obscure the view in, and people could see you going to the bathroom/getting dried after shower - not good at all.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

It is next to the train station and full of young people around the world.Internet connection is good and there is AC in the room.Staff is very friendly and helpful.The room is little small but it is okey.There is kitchen outside the building and they have spagetti party or smt so you can meet some people.

Met some awesome people here, English the most spoken. Air conditioning great, clean rooms with 2 showers in the bigger dorms. Every night there has been a "pre evening" thing to do - the Pasta Party (cheap dinner with wine for 3 Euro) - the champagne night - all good. We've brought a couple of bottles from the supermarche (always buy at least 1-2 each) but you have to buy before 10pm. Then head down to the main square, play in the water park & hit the beach. Clubs til 5am. Right by the station.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Staff were very knowledgable and friendly.

They should offer breakfast

• 19th Jul 2015

Very unclean, dingy rooms. Not enough lockers pp

Great location near the station and a leisurely stroll down Ave Jean Medecin to the beach. The room was comfortable with a balcony and really good aircon. There was wifi on each floor but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the password for the 3rd floor to work which was frustrating. The staff were pleasant and it was pretty quiet during the nights. Loads of places to eat and drink nearby too.

Nice place to stay in Nice

The Hostel was chilled and nice, 20 seconds from the main street that leads straight to the Beach. any issues we had were sorted by the hostel quickly and nicely

A wonderful five night stay. On my arrival there was some confusion, and the staff had problems in finding me a bed. But all was resolved rather quickly and the manager ended up giving me a room upgrade for the coming nights. The atmosphere is great; staff is friendly, helpful and very multilingual; the location is good (it takes about 15 minutes to walk to the beach and other attractions, and the train station is just around the corner).

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Nice Spaghetti-Party! :)

• 17th Jul 2015

Such a lovely and social hostel. The different events they organize are great for meeting other travelers, and the staff are so kind and helpful as well. Had a great stay.

There's an air conditioner in the room and the location is very good. Just 5 mins from the train station. Without AC, we may died in the room because people is smoking outside our room and no window in the room. The kitchen and common area are big. The shared toilet in the room is quite dirty and there's many flies from the toilet and inside the room.

This is the worse hostel I have ever stayed. Firstly, I booked 6 mixed room but I just found out there were 9 people in a room. Secondly, they do not have hot water. The water is COOL!!! Third, the staffs don't smile and they are rude. Although the local is good if you travel by train, overall it is terrible. Will never come back again.

The food was on point with vegetarian options and atmosphere was better than anywhere else in Nice. The building is fortunately climatised and well sound-proofed. I was sleeping in the room right above the party on the ground floor and couldn't hear it. If anything, the only thing bad about this hostel was its organization. There were seven people booked for a six person room when I was there, so I had no bed; however, the staff were very accommodating and promptly moved me to a different room.

• 15th Jul 2015

The WiFi here is extremely spotty. It would take forever to connect and then it would only stay connected for very short increments at a time, maybe 10 minutes. Often times the network for my floor would just disappear for an hour at a time. It wasn't better on any of the other floors. I liked it here but seriously the WiFi problem is a big pet peeve of mine. While I am traveling often times wifi is the only way I can get a hold of family.

Would not return if I was paid! We arrived to check in and the guy told us all to go away and come back in half an hour, when we returned he was too busy having a row with a maid to even acknowledge us! The room was covered in mould and dirt, the bunk beds squeaked after every slight movement, the shower was broken,the lift was broken(my friend had hurt her leg!) and the lights were broken. Kitchen closed for 4 hours for a pasta night!!! Also the computers were broken, wifi was awful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7