Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

Okay so we arrive in nice around midnight its cold raining n we go to the hostel only to see its closed and with a note saying go to a hotel on your right. And the receptionist at the hotel did not speak English. Anyways we got a room 2 beds it was ok. Definitely not going back. No social atmosphere obviously. Girl on the reception in morning looked cute

Was booked into Hostel Baccarat but was transferred to Hotel Antares around the corner (advised to check in there via email, then ended up staying there). Thoughts on this was that Baccarat was closed down due to the slow season. Hotel Antares was a hotel which had been converted into a hostel. ZERO atmosphere, rare to see anyone in the common areas. Went to other hostels to make friends.

I was supposed to live in a room for 6 person but they offered me single room which wasn't so good. Bathroom was too tiny and without door. I can't say that it was clean because of mold and rubbish near the toilet. Walls are really thin and you can hear everything what is happening in other rooms. Staff was realy nice, helpful and friendly. Location is also nice. Overall it is not so bad.

Great value for money cause of the location and the kindness of the staff. The common areas are great, always lots of people to chat with. Only a 15min walk to the beach.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

This place has a good location but it was dirty, I stayed their two nights and found out I was covered in BED BUG bites!!!

The floor in the room could have been cleaner and hasn't been cleaned for days. The door to the bath room didn't close properly. There were mosquitoes in the room, I got quite some bites. The location was great though.

The guy working in the morning are the kindest, he upgraded me and my friend to our own private room, even thou we had two seperate bookings. Couldnt have been more greatful!

• 5th Oct 2015

Great location, only a block from the main strip and a minute walk from the train station. Rooms alright, and the staffs very kind and friendly. The room also got cleaned every day.

• 4th Oct 2015

This place is great! I originally booked 2 nights ended up staying 4. Wifi works in rooms, staff very helpful, awesome kitchen, rooms and bathroom got cleaned every day. 15 min walk to the beach, 1 min walk to train station. Nice is expensive so this place was helped a lot with the budget. Would definitely recommend

Staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that they were slightly disorganized. But their friendliness and helpfulness greatly outweighed the lack of organization. They also give you a map of Nice which is nice. The room was also pleasantly clean and it is nice they give you a bath towel.

The hostel was relatively clean. The room was freezing at night though. We we're on the 5th floor, and the wifi was horrible. Also, we had to pay in cash, which we were not aware of ahead of time. We we're placed in a room with only two other people which was nice, but there was no place to lock up our belongings in that room, and considering we didn't know the two other people we we're somewhat uncomfortable with that. Overall, our stay was nice enough though.

The staff was pretty clueless, okay for somewhere cheap to stay in Nice, however still not really worth what you pay for. The room smelled and wasn't very clean. Kitchen was decent.

The hostel is joined at the back to another hostel and both hostels share a large kitchen and common area which meant it was easy to meet people but the kitchen could be quite busy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds were very small and the rooms fairly cramped with not enough power outlets for everyone (3 in our 6 bed dorm). The wifi was fairly poor and the curfew was a bit of a pain.

Pretty good hostel and well facilitated. Rooms are a little dated but comfortable.

The patio is a great place for meeting people, its combined with another hostel, so theres plenty of people around to chat with. The rooms are alright, in general this place is great cause its so social. The staffs great as well!

• 28th Sep 2015

very happy with my time here, great parties and very kind and helpful staff!

• 27th Sep 2015

Didn't stay here long to get a good feel for the place but it was inexpensive and in walking distance from the main areas.

I extended my stay since I had a great time, rooms had air conditioners and fresh towels on the bed. Lots of interesting like minded people got together and had drinks in the garden! The staff were very helpful when it came to the different sites to see and where to eat! Thanks guys see you soon

Mostly positive.. the only thing I can say is a couple people got stuck in the elevator and I suggested to put a sign up but they didn't seem to worried about it.

I really enjoyed this hostile but only because of the people I met. It had a great terrace where everyone came together in the evening and enjoyed each other's company. The rooms were very dirty and the showers were disgusting. The location was good, 2 min walk to train station, 20 min walk to the beach (was okay walk). The terrace is joined between two hostiles, so you meet a lot of people. The wifi didn't work 3 nights out of the 4 nights I was there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5