Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

I was more than pleasently impressed with this hostel. Upon arrival I was given a upgraded from a dorm to a private room do to low season. Staff were very friendly and helpful with any queries. Hostel is located 10min walking from beach

• 20th Oct 2014

I found old lipstick marks on the sheets

I'm an Aussie living in London traveling in and around Europe, this Hostel was great! after an overnight train and rocking up to the hostel before checkin the owner decided to upgrade me so i could get some undisturbed sleep ahead of check in! THANKS DAN! The kitchen is good and the common room is large. The staff were all really friendly and had great english. The hostel is in a really good spot as well close to the beach and the train station where you can easily day trip to Monaco and Cannes.

Well first of all this hostel has an 11am check-in which is SUPER nice and when I arrived the owner was there and upgraded me to a private room for free. AMAZING! So I cannot really speak to the rest of the hostel but my room was clean, the bathroom was nice. The internet was out for a few hours while I was there but I don't feel like I can really complain. Also like 2 minutes from the train station, really nice.

I suggest they stop the giant champaign parties, and put some money into the building bathrooms are horrible and mold in the showers. That being said the champaign parties and patio are amazing and the atmosphere is good. beds are the horrible metal bunks that are noisy. good price though and close to the train station!

Everything was good, accept that the clearingladies took some of our food we had in the fridge.. Otherwise I rekommended this hostel, it was a very nice stay!

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Our room and bathroom were so dirty I don't think this place has ever been cleaned. Scary. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

Very good, clean rooms, good wifi. Pretty good location near restaurants and shops. We enjoyed our stay here.

Amazing hostel! We got a free upgrade to a better room because there was only a few people staying in October. Location was perfect for us: just next to the railway station. Kitchen is well equipped but probably a bit crowded during season. There is a free party every other day which is an excellent way to meet other guests and staff. (The kitchen works fine for that too if you e.g. have problems boiling water :D) Great place to meet people but also to get a full nights sleep.

The staff was friendly and helped me plan itinerary. The location is close to markets, restaurants, subway, railway, and old town which was great! I unfortunately lost my dress there, which could have happened at any other hostel I guess, but it hasn't happened before and we didn't get a locker. Other than that it was a good experience.

This is mainly a hostel with private rooms. If you are looking for hotel comfort, look elsewhere. If I was twenty again, I would love this place. I heard they were giving out free champagne the night we were there. Seems to be popular with younger people. Staff were super friendly and let us leave our luggage there all next day free of charge.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Not great. No secure place to put valubles (lock boxes were broken). Shower and toilet did not function well, nor did the lightswitches, windows and other aspects of the facilities... The place was in general disrepair. I would not reccomend this hostel. Don't be fooled by the nice lobby and champaign receptions, It's a trap.

They have a really nice terrace, where we met a lot of other travellers.. The kitchen is quite good equiped! The only negative side was our room.. It was okay for one night, but it was very small (so the bathroom) and not the cleanest I have seen on our journey.

Very well located hostel, walking distance from everything, with the train station and the tram nearby, also with some very helpful staff members. When we were in the hostel there were a free champagne party night which was very cool. They also upgraded our bedroom to a double room for free on our check in =). Wifi was good, a lot of pcs to use and bunch of infos about buses available. The bathroom of our bedroom was kinda old and wasn't draining the water very well. I recommend it

This hostel is excellent! It is clean and the atmosphere is excellent. the kitchen is amazing. I would recommend staying here anytime. the only minor negative is that is 10 minutes walk from the old town and beach (not a big deal).

Hostel Baccarat's staff are lovely, we got a free upgrade so we could check in immediately and the free champagne night was awesome. That being said, we did get bed bug bites here and although the staff did everything to compensate, beg bug bites still suck. Fairly sure they made the room we got them from unavailable though, so one would hope they've been dealt with.

Hostel was nice and close to the train station and the staff were really nice. However they don't have a printer to use? And the rooms needed some fixing... Holes in the wall and bathroom had no curtain to the outside.

Thanks for the great service and free champagne.

After a terrible night in Cannes, which is so close to Nice, this hostel made me feel like heaven lol. actually it is partly a hotel. That's why the atmosphere is not 100% like other good hostels. But i truly appreciate their effort to create friendly ambience ( like free champgne party every 2 nights :) )

Stayed here for one night en route to another part of France. I had stayed here before two years ago and I am pleased to say that this hostel has only improved since my stay. It has a reasonably strong wifi all over the building and if that fails, there is a well-equipped computer room. Beds were comfortable. Bed linen and towels were provided. I didn't use the kitchen facilities but judging from the numerous people in the court-yard and in the kitchen, they are good. Highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7