Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

I actually stayed in Hostel Antares because Baccarat was closed. I really like Antares because it was really clean.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • South Korea

I'm a little confused as to whether I was staying in Hostel Baccarat as checkin was around the corner at another hotel, and the room was accessed through that hotel. But the room was comfortable, clean, warm, so I was happy. Room had fridge in it, but I don't think there was any kitchen facilities anywhere. Location is about 10 min walk from the waterfront, and 2 min walk from the train station. Was great value for money!

Hostel Baccarat is closed for the season so we were given a room in Hotel Antares. Our room was very dirty. The hotel was run down and did not feel safe. The facilities were run down and the wifi did not work the majority of the time.

DO NOT STAY HERE. There is no wifi that works in the hotel, the staff are unsympathetic, rude and unhelpful and we had a total of €350 stolen from our PRIVATE room on two separate occasions. We have gotten verbally abused by the OWNER and the cleaning staff and told we were lying to get money out of them. Avoid the little guy Mehdi who hangs around the hotel claiming to be the owners nephew, he has been touching us inapproppriatly, going through the fridge to steal food and tried to get us drunk

• 24th Oct 2014

Lighting was poor at places, can be improved.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

Good location - right near the train station and easy walking distance to the centre. The lockers were not good though as they were like cages so couldn't store valuables in them. Good room and beds though and overall a fine hostel.

The hostel had a good location and the staffs was really friendly and helpful. However, the window in our room was broken , anyone can get into our room by this way. Also, the facilities in our room were really poor , the ceiling had a hole and you can see through it, bathroom was old and look like it falling apart. My pillow was flat and my blanket was super old and thin which made me hard to sleep. I would give your hostel 6/10

good value for money. got upgraded to a private room for free. close to train station and not a bad walk to the beach.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Lovely hotel, with a kitchen. Friendly staff. But no wifi in the room, only in public area.

Nice room and hot shower with clean tower. Perfect location to station within 5 min walk. However, no locker and wifi in the room, which means you have to rely on your luck that you have good roommates. The kitchen is the only place for internet but thus also makes it a perfect place to meet new friends. Generally it's quite a valuable hostel to stay in.

I was more than pleasently impressed with this hostel. Upon arrival I was given a upgraded from a dorm to a private room do to low season. Staff were very friendly and helpful with any queries. Hostel is located 10min walking from beach

• 20th Oct 2014

I found old lipstick marks on the sheets

Got a free upgrade from dorm to private room which was great and the,room was really lovely and well cared for. Location is excellent; right next to the station and a short walk to the beach. Kitchen and sitting places were a bit hit and miss but overall pretty good.

I'm an Aussie living in London traveling in and around Europe, this Hostel was great! after an overnight train and rocking up to the hostel before checkin the owner decided to upgrade me so i could get some undisturbed sleep ahead of check in! THANKS DAN! The kitchen is good and the common room is large. The staff were all really friendly and had great english. The hostel is in a really good spot as well close to the beach and the train station where you can easily day trip to Monaco and Cannes.

Well first of all this hostel has an 11am check-in which is SUPER nice and when I arrived the owner was there and upgraded me to a private room for free. AMAZING! So I cannot really speak to the rest of the hostel but my room was clean, the bathroom was nice. The internet was out for a few hours while I was there but I don't feel like I can really complain. Also like 2 minutes from the train station, really nice.

Probably the best place ti stay in Nice.... as it is basicslly a hotel condcted with another hotel through inner court there usenough space to roam around and the well stocked kitchen is a huge help too keep your budget down. There are always travellers so it is s good place to meet fellows fir the road... just one wish keep the rates around 10eur it is the purpose of the hostel idea...

The staff of this hostel is quite questionable. A friend of mine was passing through the public lounge where people were drinking and she hit one of the beer bottles on the floor but the owner said that it was her fault and she would be the one to clean it up, which was great of her. Thus, my friend just went back to her room but one of the staff saw this and followed her to our room and entered it telling my friend to clean up the mess. It was kind of a scary experience.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

I suggest they stop the giant champaign parties, and put some money into the building bathrooms are horrible and mold in the showers. That being said the champaign parties and patio are amazing and the atmosphere is good. beds are the horrible metal bunks that are noisy. good price though and close to the train station!

Everything was good, accept that the clearingladies took some of our food we had in the fridge.. Otherwise I rekommended this hostel, it was a very nice stay!

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Our room and bathroom were so dirty I don't think this place has ever been cleaned. Scary. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7