Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

The bathroom was dirty and not cleaned every day. The sheets were smelly, the beds are old. The atmosphere is like in a college dormitory, very basic conditions. At night the noise on the street is loud and disturbs sleeping. There is a kitchen, so you can prepare your own food. The location is good, very close to train station, so is convenient. There are regular parties, like a pasta party (3 eur), free champagne party, but didn't attend them as was too tired. Wouldn't stay there again.

I have stayed there about a month ago and went back for three days so that has a lot to 1reccommend it. The situation near 0the central rail is excellent and thre is a great tram system from outside the hostel to all over town. The staff are wonderful. I highly reccomend Baccaràt.

Absolutely loved this place, free champagne where they handed out at least 40bottles, do i need to say more?

• 20th Jul 2014

Was served free champagne every night during my stay here, one of the nights there was two guys playing guitars which really set the atmosphere for the night. Ask at the reception for the pub crawl, it's a good way of meeting even more people even thou you have a chance of meeting a lot of people already at the hostel. Booked for one night and ended up staying 3 nights, this place is great if you're up for partying!

• 20th Jul 2014

Our bathroom stunk

Everybody who works here is very friendly and helpful. You have to try the Spaghetti and Wine night, it's a great time and only 3 euro per person. Also, the owner throws champagne parties for people to socialize and enjoy. Really such a fun time!

Good choice, and friendly staff.

• 17th Jul 2014

Couldnt have enjoyed this place more, everything was great especially thank to the staff, youre awesome!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

Excellent hostel in Nice within walking distance to the beach and other main attractions. Our room was nothing special, but it was really great to have access to a fully equipped kitchen in a city as expensive as Nice. Plus, there was a 3 euro pasta/wine night while we were there that was perfect!

Fantastic stay at Baccarat. The kitchen was always clean even when the hostel was completely full. The staff was helpful and very kind. Several parties were organized during our stay

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

The hostel is one of the best I have stayed in as there is a fun vibe instilled in the whole place, lead off by the receptionists. Nicole on the front desk was amazing & supremely helpful. Dan the owner is a legend & will throw champagne parties most nights. It is well positioned near the station for day trips to Cannes & Monaco, as well as the main promenade. Everything is clean and the kitchen is massive.I extended my stay for a few more nights as I made good mates there & was having a blast!

Thank you so much , we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! :) // Nicole & Dan

Ive stayed in hostels all over the world and this is one of the best. The staff and whole atmosphere is really great and they really try their hardest to make sure everyones stay is perfect.

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location in regards to the train station, the reception staff were lovely and we really enjoyed the €3 spaghetti night!

The hostel is in a super location just off the main street down to the beach. The atmosphere was great especially at the spaghetti party. I reccomend you sign up to the pub crawl , ask at reception, I think it's on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday, such a good night and a great way to meet people. The rooms were great, nothing special but clean, comfy and we'll laid out. The staff were the best part, Nicole helped us out a lot when my friend had hurt his foot on a sea urchin and had to go hospital!

The location is good, a few minutes walk to the train station

very clean hostel with welcoming staff!

• 11th Jul 2014

The best value for a backpacking like me!

Awesome hostel. Only stayed for one night, but I could tell it's a really fun environment. Stayed in a double room with its own bathroom, which was clean and pleasant. There was a lift for luggage, which was a plus. Also, easy walking distance from the old part of Nice as well as being right across from the main train station.

Hostel baccarat was amazing! The location was perfect! Close to the station and also close to the beach and a supermarket. This hostel was also great for socializing as every 2nd night there was spaghetti night where all guests came together for unlimited pasta, wine and popcorn, and everyone was super friendly. The receptionist was also great, she was a massive help with anything we needed. My favorite hostel by far, I really cannot fault anything

• 10th Jul 2014

A 3€ -all you can eat- pasta night, incredibly kind staff, good rooms, and it also happened to be a local pubcrawl with a 150-200ppl the night I stayed. Nice couldn't have been better.

• 10th Jul 2014