Hostel Baccarat Reviews

39, Rue D'Angleterre, Nice, France

I made a mistake with my booking and email to change it the day before I arrived. I never got a response. I emailed again to ask if they had received my first email and again, never got a response. I didn't end up going but they still charged me and still haven't been in contact. I'm still waiting...

Located close to the train station, which was good because I had an early train to catch. Wifi was slow and unreliable, and the carpet in the room felt really old and dirty. Still, a reasonable place to stay in Nice.

I stayed one night only so I could not get to know all services and activities. The only complain was that the room and the bathroom was not very clean.

This was a great hostel to stay at. Friendly, helpful staff. Great common area.

Each guest should have a key

Super friendly staff thank you!!!

word of advice: stay in antares, which is the sister hostel of this. the staff were pissed at times and you couldn't ask them a question, the AC was right in front of my bed and I literally got fever, there is 1 plug to charge your phone which 8 people use. it's hard to call dibs on it. lastly, this is the only hostel where I booked and paid for a 6 bed hostel but got put into a 8 bed one.

Hostel was in a good location, close to train station. Pretty clean and rooms were pretty standard. Wifi basically never worked and when we told the staff they just ignored you. Overall decent hostel.

Overnight stay. Everything we needed and as described. Will stay again. Highly recommend.

A little bit pricey but it's Nice. Can't complain much. There were not enough cages for everyone. Only 2 cages for a 6 beds room. There's a pasta party every 2-3 nights for €3. Great opportunity to meet ppl from the hostel.

When we arrived at reception a cockroach ran out on to the table and luckily I killed it. despite that the receptionist gave us a bottle of champagne for killing it. Rooms were quite crammed and the shower was very small and had not been properly cleaned in a long time. Spaghetti night for €3 and a glass of wine was delicious. There were also hang out areas all over where you would meet a lot of friendly people. Wifi was pretty dodgy. Location was ok - 20 min walk to the beach.

• 15th Aug 2015

We found this hostel easily, due to its great location. Close to the station and not far from the main parts of Nice (old and new). The staff were pretty good, particularly the girl working the desk (not sure of her name) and very helpful too. Wifi was okay downstairs but not in the room. Felt very safe and secure. Aircon was a good addition during the heat too, although the one in our room leaked a little. Pasta parties were good too! Overall a good stay, would recommend.

Worse hostel experience ever. The facilities were horrible and dirty. I got three bed bug bites on my back.

What an awesome hostel! A free champagne night where else do you get that!?! - this lead me to missing my bus but the girl on reception helped me find another hostel and they were fully booked, wifi is pretty slow when there is a heap of people using it, the computer room is super handy, just off the main strip and right near the train station, about a 5-10min walk to the beach - rooms have private bathrooms!!!

the hostel was right by the train station and tram however the bathroom wasnt the nicest, and wifi connection was poor. enjoyed that they had a kitchen and small lounge area though

SAID ACCEPT, BUT DON´T ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS, EXPENSIVE, AND INTERNET IS NOT GOOD. APESAR DIZEREM QUE ACEITAM, NÃO ACEITAM CARTÕES DE CRÉDITO, CARO.

The hostel itself was fine, a little grungier than expected but the staff was super friendly which made up for it. At one point, there was a mix-up with room scheduling and I was upgraded to a more private room! Great perk for my last night. My biggest annoyance was that there wasn't any soap in ANY of the bathrooms, both in the hostel bedrooms and in the public bathroom in the lobby. Pretty gross. That's a $2 (per bathroom) improvement that could go a long way, just saying.

• 12th Aug 2015

The Hostel is very close to the train station and the main shopping street. Sleeping on a broken bed bending itself a bit too much downwards was horrible, though.

The air conditioning in the room was excellent. The hostel is in a good location as it's close to metro and train station. There is a fantastic bakery/patiserie on the corner. Hostel is quite run down and old though. There was a massive hole in the ceiling above our shower and the building is in need of some maintenance and repair. The lift was not working while we stayed there. Not sure if it ever works, so be prepared for the possibility of walking up 5 floors.

Very good hostel, really close to the station and not a long walk from the beach. Generally very good but quite expensive although is relative to the rest of Nice. The only problem was could not access room till 1pm 2ish which was a bit annoying as we got there a 8 am and check was advertised as at 10am

• 12th Aug 2015