8.1
Fabulous 213 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 213 Total Reviews
Hostel Backpackers La Fortuna Located at La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna.
Costa Rica
La Fortuna Alajuela 21007 La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano
81% 213
10.3915830 -84.4382721
    Rooms available

23rd Nov 2016

Nice to have access to the sister hostels, but this particular one didn't have much. Overall, nice place to stay.

• Brazil, Couple, 25-30
25th Aug 2016

The hostel was clean, beautiful and the staffs were nice! We received a welcome drink, a big room and we could use the facilities of the sister hostel. I recommend stay at this hostel.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
18th Aug 2016
7.7

Standard hostel, good for backpackers on a budget. Close to everything in la fortuna. Prices on the tours seemed to be cheapest at the hostel comparing to other vendors. Nice common areas. Rooms were a little dark and run down, but decent for the price :)

• hostelmelinda
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2016

It was a very nice place. We had a key and a locker. They cleaned everyday. There were hammock and a bar, swimming pool and a pool table. The ambiance was very nice. There was security every night. They booked us our tour and gave us students deals. Definitely a place to go !

• mooneynh7038
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
14th Aug 2016
6.0

My stay was ok there. The staff member Eric was very unprofessional. When I was checking in and speaking to him, he had a missed call and rang the person back in front of me while I was speaking to him. Very rude. Trying to push tours on us that we didn't want. Also we stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was filthy. No cleaning done until late in the evening despite me asking a few times!

29th Jul 2016

Very good hostel with shared facilities at the sister hostel one block away . Excellent breakfast buffet for $6.

28th Jul 2016

Great place to stay in La Fortuna! Staff was really friendly, the room was nice (with AC and its own bathroom). Only downsides were super slow internet and a kind of uncomfortable bed. The adventure hike/tour was the best thing we've done in Costa Rica so far! So the great tour, awesome staff and ambiance made up for the uncomfortable mattress and spotty wifi.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Jul 2016
6.0

This is not a great place to stay. Kitchen was dirty, always saw ants, looked like it had never been cleaned. Bathroom in shared dorm was always dirty feeling, and super super small. I hated the dorm room set up. two small for 6 people. had friends stay in a triple room and their room was already bigger than the dorm and the bathroom was at least twice the size. I wouldn't stay here again. I'm sure there is something better. I do not recommend.

10th Jul 2016

I loved being able to go back and forth between the 3 sister hostels. I was a bit upset when I wasn't able to stay in the one I wanted (it was full so they had me stay at the smaller one) but it ended up being fine. Brian, Eric, and Jordan were incredibly helpful and were so friendly. I felt right at home. Bathrooms are small but a bonus was having the AC at anytime I wanted. Perfect location... right near all tour pick up areas, restaurants, shops, and the bank! I def recommend staying here.

8th Jul 2016
4.9

We booked days in advance to show up and be told we were being moved to a "sister hostel" after we had paid. All the cool stuff in the pictures...none of that is where we were put. They gave us a bracelet and we were told we could walk there. We booked a 6 bed and they continued to over book and had mattresses laid out on the floor. There is NOT hot water, they wanted a deposit for the free towel and we never got a welcome drink. Basically the entire ad on hostel is a lie. happy to leave. Booooo