Hostel Backpackers Reviews

Braće Fejića 67, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Out of all the hostels we've stayed at, Backpackers Hostel has been on of the few places to exude a family like vibe. The staff here make you feel at home, yet also know how to lighten the mood with music, food and drink. The hostel is ideally located within a 5-10 minute walk of anything of note in Mostar. A special thanks to Mama Sabina, Vanessa and Allen for making our time in Mostar a time to remember. Highly recommended and will be back!

I had an amazing stay at this hostel! It feels more like hanging out at a friend's house rather than a hostel. Equipped with a mom who feeds you! What more could you ask for? Rooms are always kept very clean- just a great atmosphere all in all. Staff were also amazing, I can't wait to go back!

Excellent hostel. Really great staff. Super friendly. Keen for a good time. Dorms are clean. Good location near the old town and old bridge. Walking distance to the bus station too

Nice place. The staff is nice, but I'm not sure about the owner's mother who sits and smokes all day long in the common area. Not everyone smokes and I feel that the courtesy of going outside was overlooked in this case. The price is right and the location is also wonderful.

This hostel was in a great location and the staff picked me up for free from the main bus station. You get a welcome drink! The bathrooms were clean and the common area was nice. Free coffee and tea :)

Loved the staff, clean hostel, very family feel. You need anything it's done for you. Will definitely stay again!

AMAZING!!!!! The hostel is family run, and mama was the best host! Making coffee and tea and making us feel like part of the family! We will definitely be back not only for the great hospitality but for the great location as well!!

Best people, place, and price. Honestly the best hostel I have ever been to. It's a family run hostel, so they know how to make you feel like family too. Hospitality is above expectations, and the amount of fun there will always be remembered. Can't wait to be back eventually! Vanessa, the Mama, Alen, and Ermin are amazing people. They won't disappoint you!

• 28th Aug 2015

I had an amazing two nights here, the staff were so welcoming and friendly and made you feel right at home. I recommend doing the tour they offer, it was fantastic and a great way of meeting people.

by far my fav hostel so far. felt so at home. the staff are great and go out of their way to make u happy and comfortable. its perfectly located, so close to the bridge and main strip. i was sad to leave. will definatley be returning one day.

The hostel has a really great location. The door our room wasn't possible to close properly which was bad because of security and noise. The shower is rather crappy cause it changes from hot to cold all the time. However the owner is nice and especially his mom is really lovely!

I'll be back....

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

It was a great hostel. I think though that it was a bit to hyped. I was not feeling the Bosnian atmosphere as I wanted to. But it was easy to live there because everyone spoke perfectly English.

The Hostel is amazing, the staff is great. One of the best places I have ever got the chance to hit! The girl from the front desk would gladly hang out with us and lone travelers are encouraged to get together. When I woke up with a massive hangover the lady from the Hostel even got out to the closest pekara and bought me some bread. At dinner time as well she wouldn't stop feeding me, giving me local food otherwise I would never have tried. From this place I have some of the best memories!!

It's a very good hostel. Clean and comfortable, but they didn't accept payment by credit card.

• 11th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel, great atmosphere, and I am pleased to have stayed there on my short stop in Mostar.

We never write reviews but we feel the need to do so for this hostel. It is by far the BEST hostel we have stayed in. The staff and the atmosphere were one of a kind. It was sad to leave and we could've spent more time there. The location is fantastic and the tour they offer is highly recommended, they take you off the beaten track and is very chilled out. You would be crazy not to stay here. Love Booby and Foofy xo

Very friendly staff, perfect location. The rooms and the bathroom were very clean. The only disturbing thing was the impregnated smell of cigarette everywhere, but unfortunately it seems to be standard everywhere in Bosnia.

Great team. Great tips. Great parties. After one night, people usually want to stay longer at the backpackers hostel and book more nights.