Hostel Bambu Mini Reviews

Av San Martin 4, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Great hostel, well located to local amenities and to the bus station to the falls. Staff really friendly and helpful. Pancakes for breakfast were ace. Would higly recommend.

Great little hostel to stay in if you're visiting the falls. Simple, clean, nice bar area and delicious empanadas!.

Good location, close to the buss terminal and restaurants. Nice breakfast with pancakes. I stayed in a private room. It was nice and clean. I would consider staying there again .

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. The hostel has an affordable bar outside with some food options. Empanadas there were absolutely amazing, the best I've tried so far. I highly recommend this hostel.

Clean rooms. Nice staff. Very close to bus terminal. Bar on premise. Perfect for two days.

Very nice hostel on a good location. Close to supermarket and bus terminal. Very kind staff, helped us out since we lost our luggage. Large kitchen and two good bathrooms. Only thing; as soon as there is a (rain)storm electricity goes out..

Staff hardly speaks English and was not very helpful concerning trips and further travels. The Bar/Restaurant was good and nice, so you can chill outside and have a beer. The Wifi was not working and nobody seemed to be responsible to fix it...disappointing!

A small hostel not far from the bus station. They have an overpriced bar (with no permanent barman – the girl from reception was trying to be both at the bar and at check-in table) and strictly ban all drinks from the outside, even beer. No vibe, pretty quiet, but facilities are rather decent. An OK place for 1 night, but not more than that.

Nice clean hostel with a good staff. Pancakes in the morning are great. They don't let you bring outside alcohol because they want you to spend money at their bar, which is irritating. I don't like when hostels have a policy like that. No microwave for leftovers either.

Stayed for 2 nights & loved this hostel. It's well looked after & well equipped. Clean, quiet dorm with bed linen, comfortable bed & plenty of shelf space for bags. Helpful staff. Good breakfast (bread, fresh orange juice, apples, fresh pancakes & nice strong coffee!) Good bar area, would benefit with a couple more hammocks or bean bags for comfort & to make it more sociable. Wifi wasn't very good, but think the whole town had electrical problems during our stay (power cut at a restaurant too)

Awesome hostel - super friendly staff who put up with my terrible Spanish, great location (two blocks from main road

• 30th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Really lovely place, staff were super nice and went out of their way to make sure I was looked after, in spite of my dodgy Spanish. Great outside area and bar, with brilliant empanadas.

great hostel. comfy bed (was in a 4 bunk room), clean bathrooms. they made sure i had hot pancakes for breakfast. lovely staff. 2 blocks from the station. nice terrace and bar outside. only thing missing was a communal living area with sofas as we weren't allowed on the reception couch when it was storming outside. (although there was a large communal kitchen - just dark as the storm had knocked down the power lines). would definitely recommend.

The staff is exceptionally nice and helpful. Given the price of staying here, the room and breakfast were great. Clean and plenty comfortable for a convenient and short stay.

• 25th Dec 2014

Great little hostel with really friendly staff. Check in was in the afternoon but they kindly let us put our stuff in the luggage storage and have a shower using the communal bathroom (which we needed after an overnight bus journey!) Wifi only worked in the common areas. Our private room had a nice big bed, good bathroom and lots of plug points. The receptionist was really helpful and even opened up the bar early for us so we could watch the football with a beer! Sold nice pizzas at the bar.

Only 2 toilet included shower. It was not enough. There were a lot of mosquitoes. I was bitten a lot. They offer eggs for breakfast.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Wifi and Internet was non-existent for 3 days and was a big inconvenience, power outages also common. Friendly people staying in the hostel was a plus.

Really good location for bus station, clean rooms and decent breakfast compared to most places we've stayed in south america.

Bambu Mini is a great place to stay in Puerto Iguazu. It is about a three block walk from the bus station. It has a outside bar area and serves bar food such as pizza and empanadas. You can also reserve a seat at the nightly meal (which I did) that included salad, bread and steak. It was delicious and a great value for your pesos! Jimmy was the best manager who also happens to be a great bartender! He was happy to answer any questions I had about my trip to the Falls.

I booked a 12 bed mixed dorm, but it turned out to be a 17 (!) bed mixed dorm. Neither night it was fully booked and therefor it was not that crowded, but it was more than was advertised. Also the toilets did not lock properly which was a little inconvenient. Besides that, the showers and breakfast were good and there was a nice little terrace in front. The hostel is very close to the bus terminal and the staff is friendly and eager to help you.

View all Puerto Iguazu Hostels