Hostel Bambu Reviews

rua Edmundo de Barros n 621, Downtown, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Excellent Hostel to stay at! From facilities like swimminng pool, pool/tabletennis and other fun things to clean toilets & nice beds, def worth the money. Not cheapest in Foz, but def very good value for money. Only things that were a pity was low amount of folks, but nothing to blame on bambu for that. Though high season I`d reckon its topnotch! Only improvement could be offered tours by Bambu. More cheaper tours (because doing it yourself is cheaper) is better and not difficult for hostels..

• 24th Jun 2015

Keep doing what you are doing.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

This was one of my favourite hostels in Brazil! The atmosphere was great and the staff were really helpful!

• 9th Jun 2015

Awesome experience, great group of people working in the hostel which builds a community-like atmosphere, great warm breakfast, even greater cold caipirinhas. The only bad thing is that you'll hate it...when you have to leave! Recommended 100%!

Stayed here for two nights while visiting the falls, staff were super friendly and really helpful especially when it came to advice about the touristy things to do there. Would recommend to anyone who was going to see the falls.

• 2nd Jun 2015

We can't rave about this hostel enough. The staff are incredible. They helped us organise our two days at the Falls, they created a great atmosphere in the evenings, and they generally looked after us completely. Breakfast is the best included one we've had in South America. The rooms are always clean and surprisingly spacious (we stayed in the ten bed dorm, and did not suffer in the slightest from the usual dorm claustrophobia). If you can stay here, you just should.

awesome hostel! I had so much fun and met so many friendly people! the staff are amazing. would definitely come back :D

Hostel Bambu was amazing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay longer.

Amazing staff with good knowledge and information about the area and help with travel plans after the falls ... The pretty much helped me re plan my route and arrange a trip to the pantanal which was amazing! Breakfast is really good Very clean Good social area Kitchen with all utilities Easy access to buses for the falls for both sides!

Hostel Bambu was awesome! From the moment we got here the staff were welcoming. The owners have travelled themselves so they're extremely helpful, they have comfy beds, hot showers, PS3, pool, good wifi, awesome free breakfast and free caprihnias for 10mins at night which doesn't sound like much but it's enough! Those drinks are dangerous! The owners took us out to a bar and always had a great time with us. Also it's only 2 blocks to the bus stop that takes you to the falls. 10/10 recommend

The woman who worked the morning shift was totally useless, she forgot to mention there was a$70 booking fee for her to book our bus, had we known we'd of booked it ourselves. There was also a 5% charge when paying by card which she only told us as we were trying to check out and about to leave on a tour to the falls! We were leaving Brazil so had no cash, had we known we would've withdrawn enough money in advance. Other than that we had a nice stay :)

Great hostel and very friendly, helpful staff that all spoke good English. Hostel itself is nice and spacious with a big bar area. Breakfast is also nice with a decent variety of food. Located within 5mins walk of a huge supermarket. Organised my day trip to Argentinian side of the Falls from here and well worth the money!

A truly fantastic hostel. Highlights include the amazing outdoor area featuring a bar, pool, pool table etc. Also a nice big comfy lounge room to hang out in. Close to shops and the road to get the bus to the falls. Would 100% stay here again

really friendly staff

Hands down one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. If you visit Iguazu STAY HERE. The staff is amazing, the beds are so comfortable, the WiFi is great, the entire hostel is very spacious with lots of places to hang out, the breakfast is so good (scrambled eggs). I can honestly go on. I was also sick my first few days here and the staff was always checking on me and making sure I didn't need anything. I spent a week here and felt at home every day. Great place to just chill & relax.

I like it a lot, I commend you for breakfast! I only wished that some staff had been more friendly.

Nice, big hostel. Staff member who worked during our 1 night was ill &sighed every time we asked a question. She told us wrong info regarding tour &bus to BA which meant in order to make the bus time we had to miss out large part of the trip which we had paid a lot of money for. The trip (to Puerto Iguazu)was excellent but purely due to the travel guide who was very knowledgeable& friendly. However were forced to miss end of tour due to bad advice from hostel& therefore not worth the money.

This hostel was wonderful. They were very accommodating and let us use their facilities in the before and after we checked out. The staff was awesome too. They have great suggestions as well.

• 21st Mar 2015

Amazing hostel, amazing staff. No complaints. Location is ideal, closer to falls and big supermarket.

I only stayed one night but could have easily stayed more. The staff were friendly and helpful, answering my questions by email before I´d even arrived. The pool/bar/kitchen area is great. Too short but a fun stay.

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels