Hostel Bambu Reviews

rua Edmundo de Barros n 621, Downtown, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Pretty nice hostel, you can probably find better value for money places out there. Wifi is good, the staff are excellent, beds are comfy etc. the kitchen has everything you need in it to cook and there's a super market just around the corner. Close to the bus stop which takes you to the falls and the airport.

Nice place! Staff is awesome!

I enjoyed my time at bambu overall, but unfortunately the experience was tainted by one staff member who was very aggressive with me after I asked why we were left on the Argentinian side of the falls on his tour. The staff member squared up to me which I was not expecting from a professional. Luckily other staff members calmed the situation down. The breakfast was pretty poor but the rooms and pool were very nice.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Do wish the rooms had lockers in them but there were ones you could use and besides that the hostel was amazing. Beautiful bar and pool with hammocks to relax by. Great common/Lounge area with a tv, chess/checkers and lots of other games. We had a bathroom in our dorm room plus several others close by. The staff was great, so helpful and made some really good recommendations. Overall, we couldn't of been happier.

Amazing hostel in one of the most amazing place in the world! Cannot stress how amazing and friendly the staff are especially Diego and Bruna however all were outstanding and very welcoming. Booked 4 nights and ended up staying 10.

Hostel is good, has everything you need, pretty clean, dorms are quite cramped though. They have a bar and nightly events but its all very low key, even still the dorms are very very loud, you wont get a good nights sleep here

It was awesome! Everybody super kind! Maybe the breakfast could last one hour more and the check out time also. But everything was better than expected :D

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Great staff-very helpful. Good location in foz do iguacu and overall great layout to the hostel.

• 4th Jan 2016

This place was in a great location. Close to some nice restaurants and bars. The staff went above and beyond to help me and make me feel at home. They helped me with information on where to go and about tours. Guided me with getting cell phone service and even helped me register. The breakfast was pretty good and the atmosphere was fun. A nice bar and play area. Couldn't ask for more.

They have a problem with leaking ceiling in both of the rooms we stayed. The stuff was nice and friendly, with a perfect English (even though one of them invited all his friends at the hostel, got drunk and messed up with another customer). Location is good, they have a pool table, ping pong and a small but nice pool.

Great facilities including big outside area with pool, bar and dining areas plus ping pong and pool table plus chillout tv vouch area! Social atmosphere. Great full brekky! Foz de iguazu is a bit of a dead area the argentinean side of the falls has more restaurants!

It was the best hostel I've ever been before. Breakfast was awesome (sausages, scrambled eggs, beans, tropic fruits, sweets). They explain you how to get to both sides of iguazu and have a tour for the argentinian side, which is convinient - especially if you don't speak any spanish - but 10$ more expensive if you can change the Argeninian pesos to the blue course. Bar has really nice daily offers (eg. 2 caipis for 15 R$ or one caipi for free at 22h).

The facilities definitely need renovation. The showers were not clean. Some of the staff members were doing the strict minimum to answer questions and didn't try to connect at all with the travelers compared to other hostels. We will not recommend it.

What can we say... Probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in. We felt like home the moment we´ve arrived. Staff, rooms, cleanliness, pool, croocked eyed cat, bar, location are all amazing! The breakfast includes scrambled eggs, beans, sausage, fresh fruits and juice. Pool table, pool and common areas were clean and spacious. Staff helpful and friendly and after the 4th Caipi, be prepared to pass out on the couch :). Thanks a lot to Bruna and the guy from the first nightshift. Jenia & Tomek

The staff was great and really made you feel comfortable. They also did everything possible to help you get to your next destination and with tours to Foz De Iguaza in Brazil + Argentina. They even invited us to a great bbq at another hostel with food, tightrope walking, good people, and all around great fun! Don't forget to check out the all you can eat bbq walking distance!

It was pleasant stay at bamboo hostel, friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, good breakfast. But there was a leak in roof in our dormitory, so my bed got very wet after heavy rain in the afternoon. Of course I could change my bed. In total I would choose this hostel again.

Great hostel. Breakfast included eggs. :)

Very good hostel. We had a 12 bed dorm which was excellent and very clean. The pool and other facilities were excellent.

This hostel has a great atmosphere and is in a great location in the centre of Foz de Icgaucu. It was clean, had great rooms and facilities with a pool and bar for the evenings. Staff were very helpful for tours and everything else, would definitely recommend this hostel!

The personnel was very friendly and helpful. The day trip to the Argentinian side of the falls was the best. But the hostel looked tired. The bathrooms need new paper dispensers, they were pulled right off the walls. They also need new waste paper baskets, they could not be opened with the foot. Again the bathrooms. Stuff like underwear was left hanging in there for three days and the showers did not work very well.

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels