Hostel Bambu

Fabulous 1447 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
6.9

Fine hostel for passing through as you don't spend long at the falls. hostel was super cold. They give you lots of blankets at night but god forbid if you need to pee at night time. There was no atmosphere when I was there but probably because it was so cold

• guinea
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

My boyfriend and I really liked our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful giving us information on where to go in Foz do Iguacu and how to get there. We chose to do the Argentina Day Trip with them and it would recommend it to anyone who has a full day to see the falls. There are walking distance restaurants and a grocery store which was very convenient. The room was nice and clean. Sitting by the pool at night drinking caipirinhas was also great!

9th Jun 2017
8.0

Solid hostel at a good price. The travel services desk was helpful even though I didn't want to pay for their tour. Showers could've been warmer, but nothing unbearable. The place in general was chilly, but they were more than happy to give out an extra blanket or two. Good group of people were staying there, definitely a decent option for anyone on a budget.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

Good location to visit the falls, very friendly staff, nice bar at the pool and awesome Ciapirinhas at night !! But never received my Hambúrguer com corações... Just kidding ;-). Awesome hostel, see you guys next time.

23rd Apr 2017

This was a really nice hostel, but I only stayed one night whilst I visited the Falls. There was a party that night which was really cool. The kitchen is really tiny and in the bar area though, so you had to cook surrounded by the drunk party-goers. Wifi was good and the water was hot. Really nice hostel in a great location to visit the Falls. Staff were really nice and helpful.

Hey Thanks so much for the review! Nice that you had a good time with us! Sometimes we have crazy partys and at that days it´s hard to cook, but usually our kitchen is free to use and weel equiped for you! Hope we can see each other again at some time! Best wishes

11th Apr 2017

A really nice hostel. They picked me up for free from the airport. They really care about you. I guess the only thing I can say is that it was a bit empty there. So the facilities are there - but no one was there. What a shame.

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Apr 2017
5.7

This hostel was absolutely dead when I was there and it almost felt like the staff had given up. The bathrooms were not clean.

• England, Couple, 25-30
8th Apr 2017
3.4

The staff are friendly but aren't very competent and often the reception was left unattended for long periods despite claiming to be 24hrs. It's hard to know who's working there as the friends of the owners hang out there a lot.  Some of our stuff was stolen. There's no shortage of bathrooms but most had mould and smelt terrible. The dorms were also damp, as there wasn't a proper window in the room, and as a consequence all our stuff stank of mould. The place is in in need of redecorating.

• Ireland, Couple, 31-40
6th Apr 2017
7.7

Bambu hostel offer free pick up from the bus station. I emailed twice the day before arriving to try and arrange this. I also asked for information on booking a trip to Iguazu Falls. I received no reply back nor did anybody meet us at the bus station. When I mentioned this to staff no one seemed to know what I was talking about. I requested a quiet room if possible Staff said there was 3 total including us, by evening the room was full (8 beds) Hostel facilities nice and staff helpful once there

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
8.0

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting iguazu falls and would recommend. Very helpful and friendly staff and nice, sociable atmosphere. Really nice rooms also