Hostel Bambu

Fabulous 1434 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1434 Total Reviews

23rd Apr 2017

This was a really nice hostel, but I only stayed one night whilst I visited the Falls. There was a party that night which was really cool. The kitchen is really tiny and in the bar area though, so you had to cook surrounded by the drunk party-goers. Wifi was good and the water was hot. Really nice hostel in a great location to visit the Falls. Staff were really nice and helpful.

11th Apr 2017

A really nice hostel. They picked me up for free from the airport. They really care about you. I guess the only thing I can say is that it was a bit empty there. So the facilities are there - but no one was there. What a shame.

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Apr 2017
5.7

This hostel was absolutely dead when I was there and it almost felt like the staff had given up. The bathrooms were not clean.

• Ireland, Couple, 31-40
6th Apr 2017
7.7

Bambu hostel offer free pick up from the bus station. I emailed twice the day before arriving to try and arrange this. I also asked for information on booking a trip to Iguazu Falls. I received no reply back nor did anybody meet us at the bus station. When I mentioned this to staff no one seemed to know what I was talking about. I requested a quiet room if possible Staff said there was 3 total including us, by evening the room was full (8 beds) Hostel facilities nice and staff helpful once there

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
8.0

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting iguazu falls and would recommend. Very helpful and friendly staff and nice, sociable atmosphere. Really nice rooms also

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
22nd Mar 2017
7.4

Overall nice hostel, friendly staff who were very helpful. Laundry service is very expensive, so make sure your not desperate to do washing if coming here.

Hi there Our staff is always ready to help, we offer laundry service for a very fair price is R$15,00 reais per kilo and is a good service, in your case we understand you as you washed you and your friend more the 20 kg of clothes + your 2 backpacker and shoes, was over 350 reais for all, yes definnily in bolivia will be alot lass. I apoligize for this incovenience we did our best to get you clothers done before you leave. safe travels and thanks so much for you stay. Diogo Marcel owner

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

The hostel has a large social space which is great for solo travellers there are hammocks, table tennis, snooker and a CLEAN swimming pool. There are also lots of activities in the inside lounge area and big TV and lots of activities and Xbox games etc. The hostel also offers to arrange lots of different trips for you which most of the time is necessary to do in Foz, it is not cheap but it also is not that expensive either. The beds are some of the more comfortable beds I've slept in.

Our domr are very confortable and the mattress are the best one. we REALLY CARE about our swwimming pool is so great have fun in the pool after a walking day in the falls. thanks so much for your review we are always doing our best to keep high quality services.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
21st Mar 2017

Good facilities and location but much going on. Good spot to chill. Helpful staff

we have the best location in downtown in case we come in the low season there are many bar a walking distance from the hostel, easy to meet local people and have fun Our staff is cool people and be sure they will do the best to help you ... Diogo Marcel Owner

• meggie2231066
  • England, Female, 41+
18th Mar 2017

Great hostel. Good location, easy to get bus to the falls. Staff really helpful. Breakfast not so good, compared to other hostels in Brazil...but the kitchen and huge supermarket close by more than make up for it! Swimming pool. Large rooms.

Meggie, Thanks so much for your review, during the highseason the cleanliness is always our chalenge, We are doing our best always, safe travels and thanks so much for staying with us- we love to meet great people.

9th Mar 2017
6.0

Staff often left the reception un attended. on one occasion i was stood outside for 20 mins and could not enter the hostel. On another occasion i went down stairs at 2 am to let someone in who was pressing the buzzer for 15 mins and it woke me up. Otherwise the hostel is ok