Hostel Bambu Reviews

rua Edmundo de Barros n 621, Downtown, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

We can't rave about this hostel enough. The staff are incredible. They helped us organise our two days at the Falls, they created a great atmosphere in the evenings, and they generally looked after us completely. Breakfast is the best included one we've had in South America. The rooms are always clean and surprisingly spacious (we stayed in the ten bed dorm, and did not suffer in the slightest from the usual dorm claustrophobia). If you can stay here, you just should.

Hostel Bambu was amazing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay longer.

Amazing staff with good knowledge and information about the area and help with travel plans after the falls ... The pretty much helped me re plan my route and arrange a trip to the pantanal which was amazing! Breakfast is really good Very clean Good social area Kitchen with all utilities Easy access to buses for the falls for both sides!

Hostel Bambu was awesome! From the moment we got here the staff were welcoming. The owners have travelled themselves so they're extremely helpful, they have comfy beds, hot showers, PS3, pool, good wifi, awesome free breakfast and free caprihnias for 10mins at night which doesn't sound like much but it's enough! Those drinks are dangerous! The owners took us out to a bar and always had a great time with us. Also it's only 2 blocks to the bus stop that takes you to the falls. 10/10 recommend

• 6th May 2015

The woman who worked the morning shift was totally useless, she forgot to mention there was a$70 booking fee for her to book our bus, had we known we'd of booked it ourselves. There was also a 5% charge when paying by card which she only told us as we were trying to check out and about to leave on a tour to the falls! We were leaving Brazil so had no cash, had we known we would've withdrawn enough money in advance. Other than that we had a nice stay :)

really friendly staff

Hands down one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. If you visit Iguazu STAY HERE. The staff is amazing, the beds are so comfortable, the WiFi is great, the entire hostel is very spacious with lots of places to hang out, the breakfast is so good (scrambled eggs). I can honestly go on. I was also sick my first few days here and the staff was always checking on me and making sure I didn't need anything. I spent a week here and felt at home every day. Great place to just chill & relax.

I like it a lot, I commend you for breakfast! I only wished that some staff had been more friendly.

Nice, big hostel. Staff member who worked during our 1 night was ill &sighed every time we asked a question. She told us wrong info regarding tour &bus to BA which meant in order to make the bus time we had to miss out large part of the trip which we had paid a lot of money for. The trip (to Puerto Iguazu)was excellent but purely due to the travel guide who was very knowledgeable& friendly. However were forced to miss end of tour due to bad advice from hostel& therefore not worth the money.

This hostel was wonderful. They were very accommodating and let us use their facilities in the before and after we checked out. The staff was awesome too. They have great suggestions as well.

• 21st Mar 2015

Amazing hostel, amazing staff. No complaints. Location is ideal, closer to falls and big supermarket.

I only stayed one night but could have easily stayed more. The staff were friendly and helpful, answering my questions by email before I´d even arrived. The pool/bar/kitchen area is great. Too short but a fun stay.

Very nice hostel. Dorms are big with good A/C. The bar is only open from 6pm or later and you can't bring in your own drink so if you want a drink earlier you have to go to a bar, that's a bit annoying! Staff are helpful, we had a lot of hassle with the booking of our bus tickets to our next destination but the staff did the best they could!

Spacious and comfortable rooms with plenty of clean bathrooms and communal areas. Well equipped kitchen. Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly especially Juliana. Location has relative ease to visit falls etc. Only feedback would be directions to the hostel listed could be more specific (ie catch bus 115 from bus terminal. Get off at McDonald and walk one block behind and turn right...) Thanks for a great Falls experience!

This is a really good hostel. A little out of town but that's why it's so cheap! Air con was lovely in the rooms (unless your the bed underneath it!) nice pool, great outside bar and good tours run from the hostel. I know it's a lot to do with the people staying at the hostel but our time here was great it felt very safe and we met some great people! Recommend this place to anyone. I'd go back! Little tip.. The Argie side is the one!

Very helpfull staff! Cordinating with locals to arrange trip to the argentinean side. The Brazil side is very easy to get to from the hostel, two Streets away there is a bus who are driving you directly out to the nationalpark. The staff helped us with finding busses to our next destination. Cleanlines is average. There's always an idiot who clocks the toilet. But overall a very good hostel.

Staff were really helpful and friendly. Beds were good and not shakey metal frame bunk beds, and with a plug socket for each bed. Ok outside communal area and a nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

Good hostel overall, the dorms were quite average and I think the lockers weren't in the actual dorms, but outside. Overall, a friendly, okay place. The staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very nice and the facilities were great. Location wasn't ideal, quite far from the bus stop and the bus terminal, but everything else was OK. I think they had day trips to the falls and other activities, but I didn't take advantage of them...

Super friendly staff. Facilities were good. Eggs and sausages (amongst other things) for breakfast!

Loved the hostel - friendly , charming and very accommodating .

« first « Prev 1 2 3