Hostel Batumi Globus Reviews

56, Mazniashvili Str., Batumi, Georgia

Nice little hostel. Little bit basic, but clean. The staff is nice, location perfect.

Is a normal hostel, I went during the low season and I had a 25 beds dorm just for me. The staff gave me a wrong information to go to my next destination.

The only problem was the shower, since it was hard to regulate water - either boiling hot or freezing cold.

the dorm is very noisy, guests in the courtyard talk and drink well past 12 midnight. Staff members access the dormatory as if it were an open area. The toilet and shower in the dorm area are dirty and old.

Excellent location. I got a different room than booked but didn't mind it much (booked ensuite but got a private room with shared bathroom ). Also, in the last minute I had to cancel my second night and they didn't charge me for it. The bed was large, comfortable and the room quiet. The only issue was hygiene - the bathrooms on my floor were filthy. Also - they should invest in window curtains as the neighbouring houses are just a few meters away and the toilette is right by the window...

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Poland

Perfect location, nice staff, recommend it!

good location, dirty and smelly, need some facilities improvements, helpful staff (for extra charge:))

Good location in the old town of Batumi!

Excellent hostel, enjoyed my stay here. When I booked I got an email confirming my reservation and the price, which added a 4 Euro service charge, however when I actually got to the hostel and checked in and paid, there was no service charge, so I don't know what that was about. The hostel is really good though and in an excellent location - recommended.

Just good, You can find better deals there

Our stay at Hostel Batumi Globus was lovely. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful. Our last night we were recommended to a restaurant near the water where we had some of our best food in all of Georgia! The beds were comfy, clean, and warm. The facilities were suitable; you can even do laundry for free. There were no lockers, but we just took our valuable stuff with us when we left and everything else was fine left there. The location was excellent! Very close to everything! Good value!

Although the hostel is very modest, the staff is very nice and they offer wine and tea/coffee almost unlimited. The hostel is well placed, very close to the train/bus station.

Good hostel for people traveling in groups - nice staff who helped and let us put our things down early after arriving at 8am from the overnight train. Nice courtyard, 15 minute walk to the main pier area.

Very helpful front desk staff, happy to give directions to whatever I was looking for.

• 26th Oct 2012

A very good and clean hostel in the very heart of Old Batumi, for a reasonable price.

The hostel is placed in the city centre, very close to the sea, restaurants, bars etc. The hygiene was good and the overall atmosphere was fantastic. The staff members were smiley, kind, helpfull and really did great impression. I come back there for sure!

Hostel is nicely located and dorms are spacious. Courtyard is also nice to sit in. It probably is only the question of one dorm, but as we stayed in the dorm by the street it was very noisy - when car passed by it felt like it was driving in the room, so sleep itself was rather crappy.

It's too expensive against your facility. I can't understand why ıt's so expensive. I found a much better and less expensive hotels around your hotel.

Dear Aritoshi Kenji, First of all I would like to remind you that this is not a Hotel - this is the Hostel and it makes difference. I really don`t know where did you find cheaper hotel in this area and if they offer similar service. Only thing I can tell you is that according to our location and that we are the only hostel in Batumi who pays all taxes and commercial charges for water, gas and electricity and more other things that customers don`t see - this is the cheapest hostel. Inspite this circumstances we offer special discounts to our customers if they stay more than 4 nights.

The front door of the hostel was just left open the whole time. Our room door couldn't be closed, let alone locked, and there was no lockers to keep valuables. There were three toilets, two with showers, and most of the time they weren't clean. The toilet without the shower had an almost see through door where you can actually see people doing their business in there.

Dear Syazreen Sara Sukor, We are new in hosteling business and as a beginners we make mistakes. As they say "only those who are doing something are making mistakes". We consider all critical assessments as a way to understand customer needs and improve our service. So far we changed the stuff and the receptionists are on their places all the time, very attentive and careful for their customers. We put 8 surveillance Camera all over the hostel excluding sleeping areas to be in secure. We put the lockers on all doors and now our locker room is ready to keep valuables in it. Now we have housekeeper. Toilets, showers and rooms are always clean and tidy. Also we changed the door in the toilet with was transparent. Hope next time when your visit to our hostel you will be pleasantly surprised by the innovations and find our hostel as a really best place to relax and enjoy it. Best regards, Ella Kutsia Operations Manager.

You people got a very nice hostel out there! i enjoyed staying at your place. especially i liked that there were not too much people, so it was very relaxed atmosphere. maybe one critical point; your equipment in the kitchen was not soo good, maybe you can add some things ;) otherwise, when i'm back in batumi i'll stay at your place again!

• 22nd Jun 2012

Dear Timo Frank, Thank you for your review. To took into account your advise about kitchen and bought all kinds of new equipment for cooking. For the next summer we are going to transform BBQ area better than it is now and hope next time you will enjoy staying with us. Best regards, Ella Kutsia Operations Manager