Hostel Beauty Reviews

Via Napoleone III No. 35, Rome, Italy

Staff we're really helpful, and gladly reorganised a booking due to a big mistake on our part. Highly recommend!

• 29th Aug 2014

The worst hostel I've ever stayed. Very dirty and the neighborhood seems to be dangerous!The only good thing is that it is close to a good metro/train station, but I not recommend!!!!

The hostel was very difficult to find they should put a big sign of the name on it. As it is in a flat so the name is on a tiny door bell like thing. they had lockers for your valuables. Room was basic with single beds. I felt it was over priced. It is in a good location central to everything. The bathrooms and kitchen was dirty. The wifi was free and worked in the rooms which was nice.

We loved Hostel Beauty! We were greeted by a very friendly man at receptiopn who welcomed us with open arms and a big smile. We were upgraded from a dorm to a double room that had been made into a three bed room for two nights.The other nights we were there they let us stay in the double room just the two of us (sisters). It was in an excellent part of the city, within walking distance to the Collesseum (20min?) and ten minute walk from the train station. Wonderful stay!

Great location and friendly staff. The bathroom that was attached to my room could do with a shower curtain and the showerhead being attached to the wall, but for the 2 nights that I was there, it was fine.

Convenient location close to Roma Termini train station, some staff seemed unhelpful, and there were small frustrations that were more than usual for a hostel.

Location is very good since you are very close to Termini, and a walkable distance from everywhere. There's a nice old man at the front desk most times, but other times there's a not so nice guy. The room was very spacious (4 bed mixed dorm ensuite), but there were no lockers so we had to be constantly putting a padlock on everything just in case, and the bathroom was always wet, since there's no curtain in the shower. Also, leaving the key at the front desk every time you go out gets annoying.

When we arrived we were upgraded to a room with private bathroom at no extra charge which was nice. The staff were really helpful giving us a map of the city with loads of tips on where to go and how to get about. One downside is that our room was right off the main staircase and at night it was very noisy, not so much with people but when the front door shut the whole building seemed to shake!

This location is perfect for visiting Rome very near to main station , I feel like home , they have every thing in the hostel, especially for budget travelers this place suits because u cant eat outside in Rome it is very expensive ... but here u can cook yourself or u can keep things in refrigerator , Bathrooms are clean .Internet is little bit slow cannot watch movies but u can browse fastly.... rooms are spacious

• 10th Aug 2014
  • India

We booked a 4 bedroom dorm but basically ended up with a private 2 bedroom room which was great! Wifi worked well & was a good location to the major attractions

Worst hostel I've ever been in my life. Dirty, smelling and expensive. Air conditioner did not work. Neither Wi-Fi. Staff was ok and location not too bad since it's close to Termini station, but I would not recommend this place.

The personal/employees were very nice and location is top-notch

If you are looking for a value for money place to sleep and shower, because you will be out enjoying Rome all day anyway, then this hostel is a good choice for you. If you are looking for a place with all sorts of amenities, then you might refrain. I spent 8 nights at Hostel Beauty and was satisfied, but it is my impression, that many of the people who are bashing it, had too high expectations. If you read the description this shouldn't happen though (for example: no air condition).

Located in a very sketchy part of town but was close to the train station. The rooms were decent but the building itself was very dirty. Would recommend it for more than a night or two

I moved my second night to another hotel and it was near plaza spagna, it was cheaper, cleaner, I had my own bathroom, and better located.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

This was the best hostel experience I have had in all my travels. Lilly gave us the best welcome to a hostel we have ever gotten, being kind, helpful and patient with us in every way. The only not very happy moment was when wifi would occassionally go off in the far away rooms but that was not very frequent.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Kenya

Ali was a nice man and he was very helpful and generous in his service.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Good hostel and cheap!!! The wifi wasn,t really good in the dorms and there wasn't air conditioning.

Great hostel! Perfect location that is only a several minute walk from the Rome Termini. The biggest downside to the place is that it is very poorly marked. I walked around the block several times looking for a sign, only to realize that their name is only on the small doorbell list at the door, so a sign would really do them a lot of good. Other than that, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, nice rooms, and an overall great stay! I would definitely return.

The room I stayed in didn't have enough plugs for the electronics that needed to be charged for 4 people. The A/C remote control was no where to be seen.

• 14th Jul 2014