Hostel Beauty Reviews

Via Napoleone III No. 35, Rome, Italy

If you are looking for a value for money place to sleep and shower, because you will be out enjoying Rome all day anyway, then this hostel is a good choice for you. If you are looking for a place with all sorts of amenities, then you might refrain. I spent 8 nights at Hostel Beauty and was satisfied, but it is my impression, that many of the people who are bashing it, had too high expectations. If you read the description this shouldn't happen though (for example: no air condition).

Located in a very sketchy part of town but was close to the train station. The rooms were decent but the building itself was very dirty. Would recommend it for more than a night or two

I moved my second night to another hotel and it was near plaza spagna, it was cheaper, cleaner, I had my own bathroom, and better located.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

This was the best hostel experience I have had in all my travels. Lilly gave us the best welcome to a hostel we have ever gotten, being kind, helpful and patient with us in every way. The only not very happy moment was when wifi would occassionally go off in the far away rooms but that was not very frequent.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Kenya

Ali was a nice man and he was very helpful and generous in his service.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Good hostel and cheap!!! The wifi wasn,t really good in the dorms and there wasn't air conditioning.

Great hostel! Perfect location that is only a several minute walk from the Rome Termini. The biggest downside to the place is that it is very poorly marked. I walked around the block several times looking for a sign, only to realize that their name is only on the small doorbell list at the door, so a sign would really do them a lot of good. Other than that, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, nice rooms, and an overall great stay! I would definitely return.

The room I stayed in didn't have enough plugs for the electronics that needed to be charged for 4 people. The A/C remote control was no where to be seen.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Guatemala

The staff were unfriendly. I couldn't lock the door to my room. The wifi didn't work.

Is located near the train station so u should be careful when.walking around. The internet only serves in front oc the reception desk. But is a nice place to sleep and is very clean

The bathroom was disgusting! They also stuffed up my bookings, and when I went to cancel my remaining nights informed me that I hadn't been booked in anyway, which would have left me alone in Rome with nowhere to sleep had I decided to stay! Very disappointing.

Says there is wifi but there was none

• 3rd Jul 2014

So so so dirty, it was discusting, we actually left after one night and went somewhere alse. We lost all the money we had payed already for 3 nights we were supposed to stay.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

There is not sign of the hostel.It is just outside a rubbish dump.The toilet was so dirty.Aircond not working!!!The whole place is gloomy,gross.There is a door in our room leading to another room, and it cannot be locked.Unsafe.The place smells musty.We told the receptionist and he did come up to look but give no comment even if said we move out.We moved out within 2 hours.Came back and email the hostel for refund until now still waiting for answer.DO NOT STAY!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Although located about 25 minutes walking from major attractions, this hostel is conveniently located 2 blocks from the termini terminal which is the large bus, metro, and train station. The bathrooms and the kitchen were not very clean although the bedrooms were. There were limited dishes to cook with.

When we got to our hostel we were surprised by how dirty is was. The electricity in the only kitchen did not work. Therefore, we could not make dinner and all of the food in the refrigerator was without cooling for over 12 hours. There weren't many dishes to choose from, either. There were only two small tables to hang out at. However, the bedrooms were nice. The staff did not seem to know what was going on with booking, either. Not recommended. Way too expensive for what was offered.

A sullen silence fills the crowded common room. The bathrooms were dirty, and for a whole level, only one shower worked. One night the power to the floor shut off completely, leaving us with food gone bad, no light to see anything, and nowhere to charge. On another the wifi crashed.

There were three bathrooms in second floor but only one was working. The cleanliness was unsatisfied. Although there seem to have a lot facilities, almost none of them really worked.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Perfect hostel for one or two nights. Comfy room, the kitchen was ok, really good price-quality relation. Very close to the Termini station. Bad WIFI.

Really enjoyed my stay here! Khan was really helpful and made my stay much better then I expected. I was only going to stay for one night but ended up staying three and they were very accommodating.

• 8th Jun 2014