Hostel Beauty Reviews

Via Napoleone III No. 35, Rome, Lazio, Italy

All the staff(specially Khan) were extremely helpful and happy to answer any questions as well as provide the best sightseeing tips. The atmosphere was nice,Room was spacious and clean. Also location was excellent..........Nothing to really dislike about this property. It is a good and cheap hostel experience.

• 12th Dec 2013

Pretty useless staff, was waiting outside for 30mins.. Cold nights Value for money.. Well it's not much but could be cheape for what it is

Worst hostel ever. Huge disappointment. No heating, so it was incredibly freezing, especially during the nights. No hot water on 2 evenings. Mouldy, dirty walls, dust everywhere in the room. Walls were so paper-thin, that it was difficult to sleep even with earplugs. Wifi was also not working in our room. From many many hostel experiences, this was far the worst.

+thank you very much I really enjied my stay very much. Lilly at reception was lovely and very helpfull I keep very good memories to the time I spent here.

• 5th Dec 2013

I thought it was a very welcoming environment, and I felt listened to, a special commendation to Khan, Lilly & Algera

• 4th Dec 2013

I don't think that it was a good choice to stay there because we had problems with facilities and mainly with cleanliness! The room was good only for sleep and only for the fact that it was near to metro (vittorio emanuele). I thought that there would be more organised in relation to what we found..In addittion, I thought that staff could be more helpful in relation to room, within four nights did not change our sheets and general there was a stink from the bathroom all days.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Greece

Great staff and great location, beds were a bit short for me, but then again I'm rather tall.. Showers never had a consistent temperature during the shower: at one point the water is hot, the next it could be freezing cold. Eventhough on the website it says that towels are included in the price, they made me pay 2 euro's for one.

Hi Steven on the website says that the towels are not included and you have to pay 2€.

I am an easy to please budget traveler and all I expect from a hostel is a bed, a shower and a place to cook a simple meal. Unfortunately staying at Hostel Beautiful was a disappointing experience. I understand it is hard to keep such place clean all the time, but mouldy bathroom walls, thick layer of dust, dirty toilets and constant lack of toilet paper are really unacceptable .Apart from that, our room was extremely cold. Good things were location, free internet and friendly staff.

I did the right choose! The hostel is clean and well menaged by Mr. KHAN. He is a very nice guy, always ready to help you! I'll be back very soon!

• 25th Nov 2013

Perfect location, easily reachable from Termini. Double room with shared toilet was cheap. Reception guy was not really friendly and spoke an unintelligible English, unlike the one we met in the night (from India, can't remember his name) who was real nice. Room was really big, airy and luminous. Comfortable beds, extra blankets, no heating. The BIG disappointment was that, in order to reach the toilet, you had to pass in front of the reception! Dirty toilet,same for both genders, no hair dryer.

• 23rd Nov 2013

odaları çok soğuktu kaloriferleri çalıştırmıyorlardı balkon kapısı bozuktu hem tüvalet kokusu geliyor hemde dışardaki soğuk verdiğiniz para boşa gidiyor ve hiç yardımcı olmuyorlar...

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Turkey

You get what you pay for. That being said, I paid very little and got very little. Great location, and it is pretty secure, as you have to leave your key with the desk (too cheap to have enough keys?) I had to check out very early, and the staff member was sleeping on the floor. If the door wasn't unlocked I would have missed my bus. The female staff member was very helpful on what to see, but the male ones weren't excitingly helpful, giving me some bad advice. Go with low expectations.

We had a great time at the hostel. The staff were friendly. But that is not important, the location was excellent! Rome is walk-able to begin with. The wifi was excellent, however it does not work in the rooms, so you have to go into the lounge area to use it...but hey it's a hostel so if you want privacy STOP being cheap and go to a hotel. The pricing was spot on for the location. The only downside is they only give one key for every reservation, and make you pay a deposit for more keys.

the staff (guy) don't understand about the 15% deposit. he always said that is a service charge.. but the other staff (woman) can understand and give me that refund 15 % deposit. thank ypu.. overall nice hostel..

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Staff was friendly and helpful... Room was spacious and awesome!

Good location near metro. If you choose this hotel, be sure you have a good map and a good description of the location, because otherwise it´s hard to find. There´s only a doorbell and the hostel itself is on the second floor in a flat house so you can´t see anything from the street. I was a bit scared when entering it for the first time. The staff was okay, esp. the receptionist from Eritrea helped us a lot. I was there in November - the room was really cold:-( Bathroom and bed okay, clean:-)

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel itself was in an interesting location in the center of the city, with easy access to all public transits.

• 18th Nov 2013

very nice place, close to metro station termini and near colloseum....you can reach tourist attractions by foot.

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Good hostel. It was a very comfortable stay at Rome.

Old equipments, bathroom dirty and shower not in good condition. I felt not safe in or out around the old building. Unqualified staff. Although I paid one nigth in cash at the reception desk, they also made a mistake and charged my credit card the other day. Waitting for my money back but no answer yet. This place is like a trap... keep away and save your money.