Hostel Bekuo San Jose Reviews

325 meters west of Restaurant Spoon, Los Yoses, San Jose, Costa Rica

This is a cool hostel with helpful staff and really good communal areas, I would definitely stay here again

Staff is great, speaks great english as well. Pooltable is lot's of fun. Kitchen is oké. Bed's are good, no airco or fan in the mix dorm's, had the luck it wasn't HOT HOT. Enjoyed, easy to get from the Int. Airport by public bus and then taxi ( we paid 2000c, from the last bus stop, could be a bit more). Breakfest was fresh pancakes + koffie/thee. Would go back if I need too, thanks for the stay, enjoyed it! - there are 2 bathrooms, could be occupied a lot when your looking for it

I've never felt so comfortable and welcomed! I love the open layout. Everyone was very friendly.

Two bathrooms for 20 people is just not enough! If there was one bathroom that didn't have a shower, that would help immensely! In the mornings it was impossible to find a toilet because everyone was in the shower.

The hostel is good. The beds are comfortable, security is good and they have a nice common area. Ths staff is nice but be careful when you ask for information or directions there! We asked for directions to a bus terminal and the girl there sent us to the wrong place! Also, the hostel has a blackboard at the reception with bus schedules. Don't trust that board. The schedule for La Fortuna was all wrong and we almost lost our reservation (and our money) because of that and the wrong directions.

Excellent hostel lovely staff. Great atmosphere

Good atmosphere, laid back. Friendly staff.

I loved this hostel. The staff were great, like a little family and so welcoming.

• 4th Nov 2015

We really liked the hostel, there is a big living room with games, computers, televison etc. However, during our stay there was a problem with the watersupply. So we couldn't shower or flush the toilet. Staff is really helpfull. We recommend this hostel when there is water :)

The staff was amazing. The breakfast was even better...but the bathroom was not clean enough and the internet only worked in the living room (fix that people)...anyways, a good place to stay :)

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Panama

I took an impromptu painting class at the hostel with a really cool guy. Everything else was amazing too! Breakfast, clean, bunny, staff :)

• 29th Sep 2015

I extended my initial stay because I felt as though I found home. Thank you to everyone at the hostel for making my first days in Costa Rica absolutely amazing. The hostel itself is fantastic, and the staff is the perfect compliment. I will be back throughout my Costa Rica travels.

• 25th Sep 2015

We were hoping you would come back through by now, but you must be enjoying the farm. Please swing through when you pass by San José even if it's just to say hello. All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

Great hostel - staff very helpful and go out of there way to make you feel welcome and provide advice on activities in the local area. Really enjoy our stay here!

Hey There!! It is always nice to hear positive reviews from good people. Thank you so much for choosing our place during your trip. Swing back through whenever you like :) All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

We absolutely loved the staff at Hostel Bekuo! They were very helpful with all of our transportation questions and gave us tips on what to do and where to eat in San Jose. We really enjoyed our time here!

Well Hello!!! So glad you loved us :) We loved you as well. Come back whenever you get the chance :) All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

Excellent, clean, great staff, and easy to meet people in transtransit to other cities. Little further from downtown so it feels safe and there isn't much to do there anyways.

Hey Hey! How's it going? Thank you so much for the review :) We try to excel in all areas…sorry you didn't get to experience anything amazing in the city, but I agree, it can be a bit slow at times. All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

Really great hostel with lovely staff, construction going on though makes it hard to sleep in properly past 7 :(

We really appreciate your review of your stay at our place. Yeah, that construction was something awful. Fortunately, the loud part is now over with, and peaceful sleeping has returned :) All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

Place has an awesome atmosphere and the staff was absolutely amazing ! Only downside is that the bathrooms are limited for the amount of people that are there and no lockers for your gear. The breakfast pancakes are amazing ! Stay here !

• 12th Aug 2015

Thank you soooo much for your recommendation!!! We've thought about lockers, and reviews like this push us in that direction, but we've had great success with our safe room, and the safes within that room. As for the bathrooms, we've got 7 (4 for the dorms), and we apologize if you experienced wait times, but I promise, even at maximum capacity, it is rarely a problem. Again, thank you for the review, and we'll have lockers for you next time you come through. All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

1 2 Next » last »