Hostel Bekuo San Jose Reviews

Were are located 100 meters south and 25 meters we, San Jose, Costa Rica

Really great hostel with lovely staff, construction going on though makes it hard to sleep in properly past 7 :(

Good for a night or two in San Jose. Clean, comfy bed along with nice common areas and kitchen. Close to mall with fast food options and near a grocery store as well. If in city center, can take bus in direction of San Pedro mall close to hostel.

I wasn't too excited about staying in San Jose, but this hostel made me reevaluate my initial thoughts. Although the hostel is slightly outside of the city center, it is in a great location for good restaurants, bars/clubs, the university, and boutique shops. I met some great people while staying there, and ended up staying 3 nights before traveling with my new friends. Clean…friendly…safe…and a bunny :)

• 6th Jun 2015

very nice place! super helpful stuff.

Good hostel. Good vibes. Main downside is there are no lockers but it's a nice open plan hostel so good to get to know people. About 30minute walk from the centre.

Thank you so much for your review...we are currently working on the locker situation. Mainly so we don´t have to constantly go back and forth to the safe in the security room I cannot remember the last time anything was taken from here, but it´s about time to get some lockers installed.

Fantastic hostel. I had a private room that was clean, comfy and had it's own bathroom. Security had to buzz you in every time to actually get into the hostel and you could lock the room. Location is great. You can walk to lots of bars, grocery store and the shopping mall. Staff were super friendly and gave me all the information I needed. Facilities were great. Cool places to hang out in the hostel and they even had there own resident rabbit to play with!

Thank you for leaving a detailed review that very well describes our hostel, and what we aim to accomplish. As always (by making another positive review) Tranquis the rabbit lives to dig holes in the garden another day. All the Best, Hostel Bekuo

This is a fantastic hostel, the owner and staff are so helpful and bent over backwards to help me out. An easy walk to the town centre and all the museums. I'd highly recommend it.

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our first 2 nights in Central America. Mellow hostel playing good music. Staff are very helpful. The pancake and pineapple breakfast as well as the bunny in the garden were a nice bonus!

Great hostel in a great location. Super close to Roots, the reggae bar, and other great watering holes in the San Pedro/UCR area. No lockers in the dorm rooms, but I felt safe with my belongings out in the open.

Great hostel for San Jose. It's a 20-30 min walk to the centre but it's in a nice residential area. There is an awesssome hanging out area. A pool table. A good lil backyard. I really enjoyed my time here. And The reception staff was super nice!

Wonderful place

• 14th Jan 2015

Very nice stay. Staff super nice.

I found Bekuo at the end of my time in CR which was a shame as I passed through San Jose several times and this place was by far the best hostel I stayed at. The staff are really friendly and the owner makes a big effort to make people feel welcome, even organising nights out with the guests. I wish I'd found this place sooner. The only downside was a lack of lockers but security is pretty good regardless and they were installing cameras in the common areas when I arrived so not a big issue.

An absolutely wonderful experience. Helpful, attentive and friendly staff. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in San Jose.

• 28th Nov 2014

I just love this Hostel and all the people there...very familiar atmosphere and open to everybody

• 17th Nov 2014

I cannot praise this place enough. Best place I stayed in Costa Rica. The staff are amazing, every single one of them is unique, social, and has great suggestions, advice, and stories. It's a very laid back place, super social - but everybody respects the rules. Don't go here if you want a crazy party stay in San Jose, stay here if you want to meet great travellers, great people, and support the best hostel in San Jose.

Just go here. Clean, comfortable, unbelievable friendly and helpful staff. Hot showers, awesome clean communal kitchen. Social, but quiet hours are politely enforced to the benefit of all. Best hostel I've been in.

I've been traveling for a while now, and I really needed a place that felt like home. Hostel Bekuo proved to be that place. I passed out on the couch after eating a pizza, and one of the staff members put a blanket on me. In the morning, Irene was full of helpful information about San Jose. There are many great places within walking distance, and we all went out at night. I just felt a really good vibe here. I will be back!

Yummy pancakes breakfast. Great staff. Good lounge room to chill. TV room as well. Clean rooms. Only issue - beds don't have reading lights, and there is only one light in the dorm that I stayed in. That light isn't bright enough to allow one to read books etc.

Would've been ideal had it not been for one of their workers who we felt constantly harassed by, didn't mind the trash bins overflowing for 2 days or that one of the showers was broken, but he was bluntly rude. I cannot recall his name, but he is blonde. The 1st day there he was drinking w/a guest

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7