Hostel Bekuo San Jose Reviews

Were are located 100 meters south and 25 meters we, San Jose, Costa Rica

I found Bekuo at the end of my time in CR which was a shame as I passed through San Jose several times and this place was by far the best hostel I stayed at. The staff are really friendly and the owner makes a big effort to make people feel welcome, even organising nights out with the guests. I wish I'd found this place sooner. The only downside was a lack of lockers but security is pretty good regardless and they were installing cameras in the common areas when I arrived so not a big issue.

An absolutely wonderful experience. Helpful, attentive and friendly staff. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in San Jose.

• 28th Nov 2014

I just love this Hostel and all the people there...very familiar atmosphere and open to everybody

• 17th Nov 2014

I cannot praise this place enough. Best place I stayed in Costa Rica. The staff are amazing, every single one of them is unique, social, and has great suggestions, advice, and stories. It's a very laid back place, super social - but everybody respects the rules. Don't go here if you want a crazy party stay in San Jose, stay here if you want to meet great travellers, great people, and support the best hostel in San Jose.

Just go here. Clean, comfortable, unbelievable friendly and helpful staff. Hot showers, awesome clean communal kitchen. Social, but quiet hours are politely enforced to the benefit of all. Best hostel I've been in.

I've been traveling for a while now, and I really needed a place that felt like home. Hostel Bekuo proved to be that place. I passed out on the couch after eating a pizza, and one of the staff members put a blanket on me. In the morning, Irene was full of helpful information about San Jose. There are many great places within walking distance, and we all went out at night. I just felt a really good vibe here. I will be back!

Yummy pancakes breakfast. Great staff. Good lounge room to chill. TV room as well. Clean rooms. Only issue - beds don't have reading lights, and there is only one light in the dorm that I stayed in. That light isn't bright enough to allow one to read books etc.

Would've been ideal had it not been for one of their workers who we felt constantly harassed by, didn't mind the trash bins overflowing for 2 days or that one of the showers was broken, but he was bluntly rude. I cannot recall his name, but he is blonde. The 1st day there he was drinking w/a guest

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Bekuo. The staff was nice and eager to help. I had a little problem the morning I was supposed to leave (the taxi they told me they reserved never showed up.. same thing happened to two other travelers that morning), however I just walked a little to the main road and grabbed a taxi myself and it was okay. After two days here I felt like it was my home, and easily could see how one could stay for weeks. Good place to post up while in San Jose.

The staff were knowledgeable about the area and especially where the buses went from different stations. Breakfast was pancakes and pineapple each morning which tasted nice

Awesome place with a really nice staff, beautiful hostel where you just feel like home. Great common areas, good basic breakfast. Thanks alot!!!

Great hostel, loved the location, great common areas and kitchen for cooking/socialising.

Good hostel to meet people in a safe part of San Jose. They make pancakes for breakfast everyday with fruit, really nice. Only real complaint was lack of bathrooms. If you don't have a room with a bathroom, there are a whole 2 bathrooms to handle about 20-25 people. Also, quiet hours are after 11 and you're forced to retreat to the main lobby room after then. Grocery store is a short walk (5 minutes or less)

Great hostel, great location, nice to hang out here, thing that would make it perfect would be to have lockers

Hostel Bekuo is great! Good people, wonderful atmosphere, and delicious pancakes every morning. Highly recommend it!

• 26th Apr 2014

100% recommended

This was an amazing hostel, and very very social! Met some great people, including the owner Brian who invited us out to reggae night at the local bar roots and bought a few rounds! The breakfast is great (pancakes and fruit) and the kitchen is huge and well stocked. So many great things to do here, you hardly want to leave! it is close to great food places, and the college campus, and walking distance to the main part of san jose. A must stay!

Nice hostel. Although it's not located near downtown, the area is quite nice and there are a couple of cool bars nearby, plus it's just a 15 minute walk to the downtown area, so location wise is OK. The staff was quite helpful. The hostel was clean and tidy. Our biggest concern are the showers, as they didn't work properly every time. Adding personal lockers would be nice too!

be aware that this hostel is NOT near downtown or the bus stations; be careful of cab drivers that are RIP OFF ARTISTS, even if they are running the meter it doesn't mean it is correct, i was charged way too much to get here, more than 4 times the cost of the bed. the hostel itself was nice enough once you get there, and staff was helpful. not a traveler neighborhood, it's a rich suburb but certainly feels safe. breakfast was removed a little early and only lasts an hour. no lockers, good shower

I stayed in a private room which was lovely with a private bath, sofa, and tv. The breakfast was great and the conversation with staff and guests even better. It is close to restaurants and a mall as well as a small supermarket. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 17th Dec 2013