Hostel Bekuo San Jose Reviews

Were are located 100 meters south and 25 meters we, San Jose, Costa Rica

Awesome place with a really nice staff, beautiful hostel where you just feel like home. Great common areas, good basic breakfast. Thanks alot!!!

Great hostel, loved the location, great common areas and kitchen for cooking/socialising.

Good hostel to meet people in a safe part of San Jose. They make pancakes for breakfast everyday with fruit, really nice. Only real complaint was lack of bathrooms. If you don't have a room with a bathroom, there are a whole 2 bathrooms to handle about 20-25 people. Also, quiet hours are after 11 and you're forced to retreat to the main lobby room after then. Grocery store is a short walk (5 minutes or less)

Great hostel, great location, nice to hang out here, thing that would make it perfect would be to have lockers

Hostel Bekuo is great! Good people, wonderful atmosphere, and delicious pancakes every morning. Highly recommend it!

• 26th Apr 2014

100% recommended

This was an amazing hostel, and very very social! Met some great people, including the owner Brian who invited us out to reggae night at the local bar roots and bought a few rounds! The breakfast is great (pancakes and fruit) and the kitchen is huge and well stocked. So many great things to do here, you hardly want to leave! it is close to great food places, and the college campus, and walking distance to the main part of san jose. A must stay!

Nice hostel. Although it's not located near downtown, the area is quite nice and there are a couple of cool bars nearby, plus it's just a 15 minute walk to the downtown area, so location wise is OK. The staff was quite helpful. The hostel was clean and tidy. Our biggest concern are the showers, as they didn't work properly every time. Adding personal lockers would be nice too!

be aware that this hostel is NOT near downtown or the bus stations; be careful of cab drivers that are RIP OFF ARTISTS, even if they are running the meter it doesn't mean it is correct, i was charged way too much to get here, more than 4 times the cost of the bed. the hostel itself was nice enough once you get there, and staff was helpful. not a traveler neighborhood, it's a rich suburb but certainly feels safe. breakfast was removed a little early and only lasts an hour. no lockers, good shower

I stayed in a private room which was lovely with a private bath, sofa, and tv. The breakfast was great and the conversation with staff and guests even better. It is close to restaurants and a mall as well as a small supermarket. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 17th Dec 2013
  • molliethedancer242790

Hostel bekuo was a great place for me to stay, even for only one night. The staff were extremely helpful and really nice. I never felt left out of anything as everyone staying there made an effort to talk to me and I left very early in the morning, so Irene was happy to sort everything out the night before. Great place to stay!

• 18th Oct 2013

This hostel has an extremely laid back atmosphere with friendly staff and an owner who is cool as hell. In fact so cool, that the owner took us around town showed us the cool local spots and drinks. Will say if you are into chill vibes, good conversation in a spacious, clean, eco friendly hostel, this one is for you.

Loved this place! It was my home base during my travels in Costa Rica and I loved everyone there!

• 18th Aug 2013

A very friendly hostel with great staff and a relaxed vibe. Only downsides were the rather cold weak showers and my room being near the kitchen with paper thin walls so it was very noisy early in the morning when people have breakfast but I guess that is only a problem if you are more of a night person like me. I would still recommend staying at this place.

This place is pretty clean for the most part, the bathroom however is a different story. Staff was nice and helpful. There are also a lot of other travelers to talk to if you get lonely. Chill place, away from the main area but safe.

Second time I've stayed here, and I was pleasantly surprised that the only changes were for the better.

• 3rd Jul 2013

You get what you pay for. We arrived in San Jose at 1am, so we really needed a place with 24 hour check-in. Ended up with a room for 4 instead of a room for 2 because they had already filled the 2-person room (this was great for us). Ensuite bathroom was bare, a little difficult to operate, and a little smelly, but functional. Hot water is limited, but if you decrease the flow, the water gets hotter. People are friendly and open and may invite you out. Breakfast was eggs, pancakes, and fruit.

Nice hostel located about a 15-20min walk to the centre of town. The staff were helpful, although failed to tell us that the bus station I asked for walking directions to (and it appears most other bus stations as well) was in a dangerous area! Also there was a party arranged for one of the nights that we didn't feel invited too and was more local residents than guests - in the private room the windows were to the small garden so our room had smoke coming in and was incredibly noisy!

I only stayed one night as was just passing through San Jose as you do! The staff were very friendly helping me book a taxi to the airport. Seemed like a well run hostel although there was a older guy there complaining about peoples choice of tv programs and how late the lights in the common room should be on for, thus creating a strange vibe. Every place has the occasional odd ball I guess.

Great vibe. Awesome owner. Easy access to places. Highly recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6