Hostel Bell Reviews

V Tunich 12, Prague, Czech Republic

A very good first hostel experience! The owner is very friendly and took time to answer our questions. The linens were clean, and the atmosphere is relaxed and quiet.

• 19th Jul 2014

Very helpful host who was eager to give all the tips of the city, Eg. Where to change money. Comfortable space. She allowed me to check out late as I was meeting friends and there was no problem leaving my bag for a few hours which was really helpful. This is more of a house than a hostel though, but nonetheless I would recommend it!

It was more like an apartment than a hostel. A girl met us on arrival to check us in but after she left there was no one else around. It was informal but relaxed and comfortable. Good value for the price we paid!

It is small but good hostel at very good location. The lady was so kind. She is very caring and she helped us about everything. I recommend this place to everyone.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Very nice hostel, very close to the main street and the old town square. Very clean, nice comfy beds. Staff were very hospitable and friendly but didn't seem to be around too much, which wasn't really a bad thing. I'd definitely return here

Staying at Hostel Bell was an excellent experience, not only was it super affordable, but Jarra is so sweet and helpful! You can really tell she just wants everyone to have a great trip. The bed lockers are fantastic, I don't know why more hostels don't d this, but they're great.

• 6th Jun 2014

about 7 minutes from the train station,there is no sign at the building or at the street, have to walk upstair since the hostel is on like 4th floor. however the host was super nice and helpful.The hostel is quiet which makes it feels like a home. definately a nice place to stay

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Pros - central location, very tight security, lockers available pre-check-in and post-check-out, kitchen, free coffee and tea, private rooms for a reasonable price, friendly owner, free wifi Cons - upstairs bathroom adjoins bedrooms so I felt like I was invading someone's privacy, wifi temperamental

It was a great stay, can't do any better for that value. The location was excellent, friendly staff and accommodating. The only downside was the early checkout time at 10am, but there were arrangements for the luggages, so it worked out great. If anyone is considering this location, think no further, it's worth it.

i love the bed and area where i slept! the staff wasn't there when i arrived but i guess they trusted me! and other travelers staying there were also very friendly. just follow the house rules and you have your freedom while staying in this place! internet / wifi is a bit slow but hope they can address this issue. my stay was great.

I have been 4 nights in Hostel Bell in the single room at upper floor. The hostel is very quiet and at the same time hosts were so nice and friendly. Room and bathroom are clean and location is very close to the center in a quiet area near to metro and tramways. Lots of facilities close to hostel as restaurants, bars and groceries. The staff, in particular, Jaroslava, were very nice, friendly and available to some requests. So i would definitely recommend this accomodation for a vacation. Thanks

• 16th May 2014

Very clean, and quiet. Right next to Wenceslas square, and a good jumping off point to explore. We had a great time.

The environment was like a home ! We liked that. Not many people. very quiet. poor facilities. but it is ideal for people with low budget that don't ask for much but just a place to sleep and shower. The only thing that annoyed me was that we decided to stay the last day whole day in prague and leave with night train so we left our stuff locked all day on hostel and left a message that we will leave in the night and when we went back we saw a message that we have to leave 50 CZK (2 euro).

• 5th May 2014
  • Greece

It was for using the facilities all day . First you wanted to check out at 14 00, for this I dont charge anythig , then you left the note you check out at night . Just to use the WC in the traistation is 20,- , and the locker there is 60.- . I am glad you had a good time in Prague :)

Good place if you only want a bed for sleeping. Not much movement and the toilets are in bad conditions. You have a kitchen which is really useful and the location is good beause you can walk to the center in 20 minutes, and you have markets and pubs close! Good and helpful staff!!

Great hostel, especially for the price! We were allowed to check out whenever we wanted, which was a huge bonus too.