Hostel Bell Reviews

V Tunich 12, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel lady was nice and very helpful. She offered me a single bed area proactively. I got a locker where I can put my big backpack as well. The only thing was there were two doors of the bathroom upstairs - and one of them was connected to a single bedroom and couldn't be locked, which means the single-bedroom owner could open the door anytime you were having a bath. Anyway you could choose to take a shower in the washroom downstairs.

This is not a hostel. There are no staff that stay there. I had to walk through a shared bathroom to get to my room. Didn't like this place.

The lady who owned the hostel was very lovely and welcoming. She made an effort to guide us and make suggests about places that we should go and visit. Unfortunately the guests we were sharing a room with were incredibly unfriendly, which put a bit of a downer on the whole experience. The bathrooms had to be shared between quite a few people as well and although they appeared fairly clean they were quite old. I think the price we paid of £10 a night was a bit much for the experience we got.

YOu paied less then 9 pounds.

Apart from very small problem, everything was OK. :)

The hostel was OK. The rooms were hot and most of the outlets didn't work. There was also construction going on beside the hostel so it was impossible to sleep. They worked all night long. The staff were nice, though. I feel like this hostel would be ideal for backpackers looking for a cheap place to stay. I don't think it would be ideal for couples or families, though.

There is and was no construction ! Outlets work , why didnt you complain when staying in the hostel? Did you write about hostel Bell in Prague?You arrived 2 days after your check in day, seemd to be happy to get a bed . BTW - hostels are not for families at all. Thanks for your time to write the comment .

Lovely quaint and quiet hostel in a great location. The woman who runs the place lovely and so nice to deal with, and had really good recommendations for things to do and tips for getting around

Calm place to stay in Praha. Simple and nice. Mrs. Jaroslava, administrator, is always a great help and makes all she can to make our time the best.

The hostel is really nice and quite. There are many two bedrooms. So it is somehow like an hotel without luxury furniture, what is really nice!

• 11th Jun 2015

We had to wait for 15 minutes at the gate as no one responded at the gate when we arrived (4:00 PM during daytime). We found out that the host was not there in the house at all and had one of the guests not responded, we would not have got a chance to enter the house. Once we entered, it was the guest himself who told us about the house and facilities. We didn't want to bug him for knowledge on city as after all he was the guest and not a local. Point is we had no one for welcoming us.

The guest Daniel helps me i the hostel , is English and responded all your questions . What is the problem?Your check in time was at 17 h not comfirmed . Your beds and everything was ready for you ,

I like my stay in Hostel bell. Not many people, single bed (not a buck bed) and showers with hot water. But it was quite far from tram/metro station (not that far but you need to walk 5min). I booked for shared room but they offered me private area which was really nice. But one problem was the smell from 2nd floor's toilet. I cleaned the toilet twice but it was still awfully bad. Oh, Recommend you to exchange your currency when you pay. They applied fx rate quite.. not that friendly.

We apply the same rate you have in you booking .

The first impression entering the building hall and climbing the stairs is good, but then behind Bell's door, the hostel needs renovation. Basic changes as painting the walls, adding more colors, replacing these handwritten with a permanent marker notes by more friendly printed ones with a less menacing tone. "Take ECONOMIC showers!", scratched on a note in the bathroom doesn't look very welcoming. Microwave oven in the kitchen would make visitors' life much easier. Kitchen wasn't very clean.

• 8th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thanks for the note, the hostel closecs in September for renovation .

Very friendly staff, and a really cozy place. Pretty small but if you're looking for a quite place to lay your head it's great. A bit of a walk to anything decent but that okay if you don't want noisy nonsense at bedtime.

The location is central and the metro and tram stations are right around the corner. As the hostel is located in a side street, you can bearly hear the street noise at night. However, the hostel is really clairaudient and if you have noisy room neighbours, you won't get much sleep at night! There are only two toilets and showers -hot water is limited!!! The furniture is very old, uncomfortable and used up. Our room had water stains on ceiling! Value for money is ok, but we won't stay here again!

Hostel Bell is a small hostel with about 4 rooms. The host was great--she met us personally upon arrival and gave us a bunch of tips for how to get around the city. The room was clean and well kept, and we were given everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Really easy to get from the hostel to historic areas of Prague. Would stay again!