Hostel Bella Capri Reviews

Via Melisurgo 4, Naples, Italy

Just stayed here this weekend for a night. Very helpful staff members, we had only booked the hotel for one night because our train left at 4 am the next day so we were planning on just camping out at the train station and when we told him he was appalled.He let us sleep in the common room (couches) and let us shower and kept all our stuff for us! Would definitely recommend this place, clean but shared a room with 8 people so obviously wasn't the cleanest. Perfect location and super easy to find

The place was clean, secure, near with castel del nuovo and other places wherein you can reach on foot. There are also lots of choices whether you want to have a fancy dining or just a simple meal! Everything are near, plus, all the staffs are so friendly and helpful as well, even they provide us 5 cents to be inserted it in the elevator, because during weekdays the elevator only can be operated by inserting 5 cents coin. At the end, it was a great experience to spend nights over there.

Great location. Breakfast is crossant and jam. Reception was very helpful but toilets didn't lock as they had broken. Beds comfortable.

The staff was great and it allowed for all hostel stayers to feel comfortable which made the overall atmosphere extremely pleasant. Got to meet some incredible travelers through hostel bella capri! also their location is awesome for any type of activity you want to do on a given day!

• 12th Sep 2014

We booked at the very last minute because of a mishap, and we are very happy to have found this hostel! We were in a big double room with a balcony facing the port of Naples, and had a bathroom in the room. The AC stopped working during the night, but we didn't even expect to hace AC in our room, so that's a detail! The guy at the reception desk was very accomodating and easy-going, he gave us some good tips to enjoy our stay in Naples. Thanks for all!

DO NOT STAY HERE!! After I read the reviews, I reserved the hostel. Arrived to be beyond creeped out by the man working the desk (Italians are forward, but licking your lips and saying "mmm this should be fun", he then said he had to keep a copy of our room key, our passports and we could only pay in cash... We found this incredibly strange. So asked some questions.. He then proceed to yell at us. We cancelled our booking at 1am. Horrible location and very dirty

The recepcionist took around 30 min. to attend me cause he was "busy" talking to some girls (the only thing he repeated was "bella")... Apart from that and from the air condition (some water falling from it), the rest was fine. Not superclean, only 1 key for a room of 4 (that we dont know each other). But hey, if u want better services, then go to a hotel!

Showers were a little under maintained. Staff weren't nesscaryily on the ball, and the whole one key to a bedroom needs to be fixed as my friend and I didn't enjoy waking up the other girls at 3am to let us in. However in saying that the offered a free breakfast, they had good wifi and computers, the price was good and the location was premium

• 23rd Aug 2014

Located in a nice high rise building, great kitchen, and lounge facility and close to the port.

Staff is very knowledgable

The staff is always ready to give any tips about the city and surrounds, the quality of the service was really good for a hostel. Our private room was cleaned everyday and it has everything we were looking for: air conditioning, fom in the bathroom, three bads, balcony, wardrobre and a table. If I came back do Naples one day, i will stay in the same place.

One of the staff members was very impolite and uncooperative when I asked him where I could charge my phone because all the sockets in my room (which were too less) were in use. Additionally I wasn't informed about how to get into the hostel at night and that I have to dial a code at the door. I booked a 7 dorm, there were at least 8 beds in there, the bathroom was dirty. There was ONE key for all of us. The breakfast is not what a breakfast should be like, not even a cheap one.

We had a room at the hotel. Don't take the room across the reception, unless you have earplugs. It's a very noisy room: you can hear everything that happens at the reception. In the afternoon the shower/bathroom smelled badly, maybe because of cleaning? On the website it says breakfast in room, we had to go upstairs to get our breakfast in the hostel part of the hotel. Location is good, as well as the staff.

I only stayed overnight but found the Hostel met all my needs and more. the service was great and the locality excellent.

Do not stay here! Dangerous location and extremely difficult to find. Staff was not helpful at all. We left within an hour of being there. The hostel may be in a public housing building.

Very clean and comfortable. Nothing to look at from the outside, so shouldn't judge.

The staff was very friendly. Somehow we got twin room whereas we had booked a double room, but the staff corrected the bed rightaway and took all efforts to make us comfirtable. The location is just perfect if one plans to visit Capri.

Like Naples, the first impression of this hostel wasn't the greatest. However, after staying here for 4 nights, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and met a lot of great fellow travellers. Security wasn't this hostel's strong point (no locker in some rooms and shared key with common room). Hostel itself was behind 2 gated doors so that's something. Wifi wasn't strong, and the "kitchen" was below average (took forever to boil water on "stove"). The facility is old, but bed is super comfy.

Naples is a little more getto then most of Northern Italy, so aside from feeling extremely on edge getting from the train station to the hostel we had a good time. We arrived early, and although they didn't have our beds ready the staff was nice and let us leave our backpacks. The staff gave us maps and provided bus routes and information to Pompeii, Amalfy, ferries to the islands, and just about anything else you would need. The atmosphere was good, and there was a place to preparty.

Overall, a good hostel with an excellent location. I wish there were more room keys for each room, and also wall plugs to charge my phone. It would be nice for everyone to have their own plug.

• 5th Jul 2014