Hostel Bella Capri Reviews

Via Melisurgo 4, Naples, Italy

Staff is very knowledgable

One of the staff members was very impolite and uncooperative when I asked him where I could charge my phone because all the sockets in my room (which were too less) were in use. Additionally I wasn't informed about how to get into the hostel at night and that I have to dial a code at the door. I booked a 7 dorm, there were at least 8 beds in there, the bathroom was dirty. There was ONE key for all of us. The breakfast is not what a breakfast should be like, not even a cheap one.

We had a room at the hotel. Don't take the room across the reception, unless you have earplugs. It's a very noisy room: you can hear everything that happens at the reception. In the afternoon the shower/bathroom smelled badly, maybe because of cleaning? On the website it says breakfast in room, we had to go upstairs to get our breakfast in the hostel part of the hotel. Location is good, as well as the staff.

I only stayed overnight but found the Hostel met all my needs and more. the service was great and the locality excellent.

Do not stay here! Dangerous location and extremely difficult to find. Staff was not helpful at all. We left within an hour of being there. The hostel may be in a public housing building.

Very clean and comfortable. Nothing to look at from the outside, so shouldn't judge.

The staff was very friendly. Somehow we got twin room whereas we had booked a double room, but the staff corrected the bed rightaway and took all efforts to make us comfirtable. The location is just perfect if one plans to visit Capri.

Like Naples, the first impression of this hostel wasn't the greatest. However, after staying here for 4 nights, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and met a lot of great fellow travellers. Security wasn't this hostel's strong point (no locker in some rooms and shared key with common room). Hostel itself was behind 2 gated doors so that's something. Wifi wasn't strong, and the "kitchen" was below average (took forever to boil water on "stove"). The facility is old, but bed is super comfy.

Naples is a little more getto then most of Northern Italy, so aside from feeling extremely on edge getting from the train station to the hostel we had a good time. We arrived early, and although they didn't have our beds ready the staff was nice and let us leave our backpacks. The staff gave us maps and provided bus routes and information to Pompeii, Amalfy, ferries to the islands, and just about anything else you would need. The atmosphere was good, and there was a place to preparty.

Overall, a good hostel with an excellent location. I wish there were more room keys for each room, and also wall plugs to charge my phone. It would be nice for everyone to have their own plug.

• 5th Jul 2014

Location is fantastic if you want to go to the Islands in the Bay of Naples...

Our Stay was amazing! best location, nice rooms.

Really enjoyed my stay here at hostel bella capri. Meet some amazing people too. This is definitely the best hostel to stay in Naples if you want to hop on a bus or ferry to get to another city or island. It's just 2 blocks away from the ferry/bus station. Guys in the office are helpful and give advice on placed to go! Would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

Excellent staff, very helpful. Rooms are small but location is close to the bus stops and ferry terminal. Hostel of the Sun across the street was slightly better overall.

• 8th Jun 2014

The facilities were clean and the staff was friendly and spoke English. There wasn't a place to secure possessions. They could be locked in the room, but you had to count on the last person leaving the room to lock the door. Coffee was at least an hour late on one of the mornings and we had to leave before it was ready.

Average hostel.

The rooms were comfortable enough but we had a 4 bed delux which came with aircon and a private bathroom which made it good value. The rooms were clean as were the bathrooms. The breakfast is basic but free. The staff are a bit hit and miss. Some are lovely but unhelpful and others are outright rude. Also they recommend the no. 2 bus to get to the hostel but it is notorious for pick pockets we got scammed and were very cautious instead catch the no.1 tram

For the money, was a very good choice.

• 24th May 2014
  • Peru

Friendly and helpfull staff, secure and cosy place. But it was extremly dirty in my shared room all the time! but for this price breakfast was okey. Also eventhough they mentioned about kitchen, it is not a real kitchen with 2 bowls and couple of forks and cups.. you can just cook pasta and use stoven to boil water. No kettle, no microwave no other kitchen utensils..

The location of the hostel is very convenient and walkable to all the major sites in Napoli :)

• 11th May 2014