Hostel Beta Old Town Reviews

Od Sigurate 16, Od Sigurate 16, Dubrovnik, Croatia

It was great at the hostel because Katija is like a friend and makes very good coffee :-) Cheers, Matthias.

• 7th Sep 2014

The owner, Katija, was great. She arranged our airport transfer, met us at the Old City gate and showed us to the hostel and annotated a map with local sights including restaurants and bars. Very helpful!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Really friendly, welcoming and delightful place to stay in a beautiful city, would highly recommend! Location is excellent and accomdation is lovely.

Katija is really nice and the place is really central. Considering that Dubrovnic is expensive, this is good value for money and we felt comfortable.

Loved our couple of days here. Katija went out of her way to help us, when I flew in, Dubrovnik was experiencing one of it's worse storms, so much so that many flights had to be diverted. My friend was to land an hour after me, but due to the storm, didn't land till just before 2am, Katija did all she could to alleviate the stress. The rooms have just the right number of people in them to not be overcrowded, and a nice kitchen downstairs for use. Right inside the city walls, great location!!

Very nice city. Accomodation close to the main gate and city Walls, in the old town. Very kind and beautifull owner. Accomodation was easy but very clear. - Only one bathroom (toilet) for 3 rooms. - Access to the accomodation only by long and steep stairs.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, in the center of the city, close to restaurants and shops! The girls who welcomed us were really nice, giving us advices and informations about the city. One bad remark : only one bathroom with toilets, which is downstairs, not totally practical when the room is upstairs.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The location is excellent, right in the old town. Dubrovnik can be very expensive, however we found for a private room this was great value for money - in Dubrovnik standards. The rooms are all airconditioned which was amazing in the hot summer! Not so much a hostel, but more a B&B/Home. Katija is helpful and kind and ensures you feel at home here. I would stay here again when I return to Dubrovnik.

I loved staying here. Katija was an excellwnt host and incredibly helpful. It doesnt have the hostel feel, more like you're staying in a bed and breakfast. It is right in the centre of old town. I would definitely stay again!

I had a great time at this Hostel even though it is more like a small apartment. Katjia was very helpful and a very kind person. It had a perfect location in the Old City and it was still outside of the heart of it so it was quiet at night. I highly recommend this Hostel and Katjia as a host/owner. She really puts in a lot of energy and time into making sure you have a great stay in Dubrovnik. Thank you!

Lovely place to stay, would defiantly stay there again

Katija who runs the hostel was awesome !! She is so nice and very helpful.

This is a nice, little, and cosy hostel in Dubrovnik's Old City, actually more type of an AirBnB, with just three rooms, bathroom and kitchen for communal use. Katija, who is running the place and lives nearby is very nice and extremely helpful. So if you're looking for a big and anonymous hostel, then this will not be the right place for you -- otherwise you'll be fine. This is possibly the best value for money, and the best service you can find within the walls of the Old City.

ridiculously good location in the city centre and katija is very friendly and helpful. although try and give an arrival time as accurately as possible as if you can't call her you'll be stuck waiting outside. if that happens head down the stairs to another one of the hostels and ask to borrow their phone to call her. rooms and spacious with airconditioning and clean with a good toilet/shower. only stayed the one night but wished i could have stayed longer.

Thank you on your comment! I would like to mention that on my web page there is written note to write your real arrival time especially because of guests to avoid waitnig, since the reception hours are limited! You do not have to call me this is just im a ase you do not read what you book or do not read your e-mail! Eerything is written on the web page, just takes some will to read it! Thanks again ! Kindest regards.

One of our best stays since beeing abroad. Katija was very helpful and polite. Excellent spot in old town. The room very clean with fresh sheets and towels. Will definatly return.

Hostel Beta Old Town was perfect - ideal location, clean and amazing local recommendations from Katija the host!!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This quaint and quirky place is more what I would call a guest house - there is no reception and it lacks other features such as a computer station. HOWEVER, it was such a lovely place to stay - air con, super comfy beds, and in a brilliant location just inside the old city walls of Dubrovnik. I was on the 3rd floor, which was quite a climb on narrow steep stairs, but if you want a peaceful little place to rest after a long day's sightseeing then it's perfect. The lady is really helpful too! :)

Loved, loved, loved this place. It is inside the walls of Dubrovnik. It is cute and cozy. A small place for couples to stay at. I felt like at home. I recommend letting the hostel know at what time you will be arriving since there is no reception and she will wait for you for hours. Strongly recommend this place.

The property is Located inside the city walls, very well located and surrounded by lots of restaurants, exchange houses and souvenir shops.

It was a really nice hostel to stay for 2 nights. Great hospotality is just one small start to recommend Hostel Beta to everyone. The owner of the hostel was very friendly and helpful. The location was inside the Pile gate so it was perfect for me to look around the town. The place was extremely clean because of her hard working for all guests. The place made me really at home. If I make my return visit to Dubrovnic again, it is definitely Hostel Beta to stay.

Thank you for being my guests! It is always a pleasure to host guests like You! You are welcome if you ever come back!! Thank you very much !! Katija