Hostel Beta Old Town Reviews

Od Sigurate 16, Od Sigurate 16, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Small, cosy hostel inside the Old Town walls - perfect location. Katija is a very kind and friendly manager who makes great coffee too. She can also suggest many nice places to visit. Be prepared for steep stairs! They're everywhere in the Old City but I liked the exercise. My only issue was the shower: the drain needs to be cleared as it fills up quickly, shower fixture fixed so you don't have to hold it all the time and the tap/shower-head switch improved because it kept switching to the tap.

My night in Old Town Hostel was fantastic -- prime location, comfortable bed, and good water pressure in the shower, which is so often lacking in hostels. Old Town isn't really like other hostels, in general. It's actually a house, which gives it a more homey feel than a typical hostel, something that's certainly helped by Katija's hospitality. No complaints here, but I do think the hostel could use a better name, something less generic that's not as likely to get buried in a Google search.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you on your comment! I am glad that you enjoyed :) Maybe it was a misunderstanding but my name is pretty clear . This is Hostel Beta Old Town Dubrovnik, not Old Town Hostel. Anyway it is always a pleasure to host guests like you!! You are always welcome back! All the best , Hostel Beta Old Town

Very cool hostel. Perfect location and very nice staff

Nice and clean place in the old town, near everything but still really calm place. The hostel is small and there weren't many visitors at the time besides us. The bathroom was two stairs down, that was a little impractical.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. My wife and I loved it. My wife is new to staying in hostels, and she gave it two thumbs up.

A wonderful small hostel, which has the luxuries of a hotel. Katija is an awesome host - very helpful and so friendly! There's quite a few stairs if you're staying on the top floor but you don't mind as it's a really pretty house. Definitely recommend if you're wanting somewhere to chill out.

The location couldn't be better. It's a very old house, with creaky and narrow stairs and (partly) stone walls. But that's the whole charme! You really feel as if transported back into Dubrovnik's medieval times while staying and sleeping in the Old Town. Yes, you have to take many steps, but we loved it. The beds were unbelievably comfortable. Katija was super nice and helpful. Having one bathroom can be a little difficult but we actually never had to wait. A great value for our money.

• 10th Oct 2014

일단 올드타운 꼭대기에 있어서 캐리어 끌고 오기 힘들어요. 그리고 주인은 하루종일 자리에 비우는지 그닥 .. 메일을 보내라고 하는데 확인은 하는데 답장도 안해줍니다 ;; 숙소내에서도 계단이 워낙 좁고 가팔라여 . 제가 여자이고 발이 245인데 그 발이 다 안들어갈 정도의 폭입니다 ;; 난간을 잡고 내려오는데 넘어져서 정말 고생했어요 ... 화장실도 0층에 딱하나있어서 ... 글쎄좀 불편해요

Dear guest, I am really surprised that you had such bad time here since you seemed so happy during your stay.I am really sorry because you fell down the stair but this can happen to anyone. Most of my guests are happy and satisfied. If you are angry because you have lost your pencilcase it is not my problem . I always do my best to make my guests happy but do not appreciate people who pretend to be happy and then write bad comments because of some unknown private reason. Thanks and all the best.

To get into the hostel you have to ring the owner as there is no reception, just a note on the door. This was a disaster as I had no phone and had to wait outside till someone else arrived and connected me to the wifi so I could email the owner and check-in! A really bad system for people that don't have phones. Other then that it's a good location, very clean and comfortable hostel (fresh towels daily!)

Dear gest, Thank you on your comment, The problem is that I have specified rules on my web page and guests usually read it, especially when they get their confirmation of booking . The reception time is limited and made according guest arrival time which you had to write when you booked a bed. Since you did not read the instructions and confirmation e-mail you had to call me because you came out of your written arrival time . I am glad you enjoyed your stay here! Thanks again !! :)