Hostel Beta Old Town Reviews

Od Sigurate 16, Od Sigurate 16, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Nice and clean place in the old town, near everything but still really calm place. The hostel is small and there weren't many visitors at the time besides us. The bathroom was two stairs down, that was a little impractical.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. My wife and I loved it. My wife is new to staying in hostels, and she gave it two thumbs up.

A wonderful small hostel, which has the luxuries of a hotel. Katija is an awesome host - very helpful and so friendly! There's quite a few stairs if you're staying on the top floor but you don't mind as it's a really pretty house. Definitely recommend if you're wanting somewhere to chill out.

The location couldn't be better. It's a very old house, with creaky and narrow stairs and (partly) stone walls. But that's the whole charme! You really feel as if transported back into Dubrovnik's medieval times while staying and sleeping in the Old Town. Yes, you have to take many steps, but we loved it. The beds were unbelievably comfortable. Katija was super nice and helpful. Having one bathroom can be a little difficult but we actually never had to wait. A great value for our money.

• 10th Oct 2014

일단 올드타운 꼭대기에 있어서 캐리어 끌고 오기 힘들어요. 그리고 주인은 하루종일 자리에 비우는지 그닥 .. 메일을 보내라고 하는데 확인은 하는데 답장도 안해줍니다 ;; 숙소내에서도 계단이 워낙 좁고 가팔라여 . 제가 여자이고 발이 245인데 그 발이 다 안들어갈 정도의 폭입니다 ;; 난간을 잡고 내려오는데 넘어져서 정말 고생했어요 ... 화장실도 0층에 딱하나있어서 ... 글쎄좀 불편해요

Dear guest, I am really surprised that you had such bad time here since you seemed so happy during your stay.I am really sorry because you fell down the stair but this can happen to anyone. Most of my guests are happy and satisfied. If you are angry because you have lost your pencilcase it is not my problem . I always do my best to make my guests happy but do not appreciate people who pretend to be happy and then write bad comments because of some unknown private reason. Thanks and all the best.

To get into the hostel you have to ring the owner as there is no reception, just a note on the door. This was a disaster as I had no phone and had to wait outside till someone else arrived and connected me to the wifi so I could email the owner and check-in! A really bad system for people that don't have phones. Other then that it's a good location, very clean and comfortable hostel (fresh towels daily!)

Dear gest, Thank you on your comment, The problem is that I have specified rules on my web page and guests usually read it, especially when they get their confirmation of booking . The reception time is limited and made according guest arrival time which you had to write when you booked a bed. Since you did not read the instructions and confirmation e-mail you had to call me because you came out of your written arrival time . I am glad you enjoyed your stay here! Thanks again !! :)

Wonderful place, as others have said, more like a hotel than a hostel. Great location in the old town, for the same price as a cramped 8-bed dorm I had a very comfortable bed (not a bunk) in a room with 2 other beds. Hostess is very helpful and accommodating. Not for those looking to party and meet other travelers.

It was great at the hostel because Katija is like a friend and makes very good coffee :-) Cheers, Matthias.

• 7th Sep 2014

The owner, Katija, was great. She arranged our airport transfer, met us at the Old City gate and showed us to the hostel and annotated a map with local sights including restaurants and bars. Very helpful!

Really friendly, welcoming and delightful place to stay in a beautiful city, would highly recommend! Location is excellent and accomdation is lovely.

Katija is really nice and the place is really central. Considering that Dubrovnic is expensive, this is good value for money and we felt comfortable.

Loved our couple of days here. Katija went out of her way to help us, when I flew in, Dubrovnik was experiencing one of it's worse storms, so much so that many flights had to be diverted. My friend was to land an hour after me, but due to the storm, didn't land till just before 2am, Katija did all she could to alleviate the stress. The rooms have just the right number of people in them to not be overcrowded, and a nice kitchen downstairs for use. Right inside the city walls, great location!!

Very nice city. Accomodation close to the main gate and city Walls, in the old town. Very kind and beautifull owner. Accomodation was easy but very clear. - Only one bathroom (toilet) for 3 rooms. - Access to the accomodation only by long and steep stairs.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great location, in the center of the city, close to restaurants and shops! The girls who welcomed us were really nice, giving us advices and informations about the city. One bad remark : only one bathroom with toilets, which is downstairs, not totally practical when the room is upstairs.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Actually Beta overbooked the rooms so the girl managed to get me a stay at the "hostel" complex near the old town. It is practically several houses around with the hostel office in another house. There is no common place at all, and there is a single bathroom for a whole level. Also you cannot leave your luggage after you have checked out which is lame...

The location is excellent, right in the old town. Dubrovnik can be very expensive, however we found for a private room this was great value for money - in Dubrovnik standards. The rooms are all airconditioned which was amazing in the hot summer! Not so much a hostel, but more a B&B/Home. Katija is helpful and kind and ensures you feel at home here. I would stay here again when I return to Dubrovnik.

I loved staying here. Katija was an excellwnt host and incredibly helpful. It doesnt have the hostel feel, more like you're staying in a bed and breakfast. It is right in the centre of old town. I would definitely stay again!

I had a great time at this Hostel even though it is more like a small apartment. Katjia was very helpful and a very kind person. It had a perfect location in the Old City and it was still outside of the heart of it so it was quiet at night. I highly recommend this Hostel and Katjia as a host/owner. She really puts in a lot of energy and time into making sure you have a great stay in Dubrovnik. Thank you!

Lovely place to stay, would defiantly stay there again

Katija who runs the hostel was awesome !! She is so nice and very helpful.