Hostel Beta Old Town Reviews

Od Sigurate 16, Od Sigurate 16, Dubrovnik, Croatia

It was not that easy to checkin because the hostel dont have reception. The note with a phone number to call didnt help because our cellphones wasnt able to call abroad. Send wifi password by email before to text whatsapp did help a lot, very good solution. Everything was perfect.

Dear guests, Thank You on Your comment. However I would like to correct few things that You have told. There are rules, The reception is opened only according guest arrival , I have specified it on my web page and have sent You an e-mail twice. You replied that You will arrive around 14.00 but Your real arrival time was after 17.00 so that is why You had to call me. Please read what You book before. Thank You!

This place was the best! Not only was katija the nicest host but she was so helpful! Competing our washing for us and getting it all dry even though it was torrential rain. She collected us from the gates and helped us take our bags there at the end. The place was fantastic and in a perfect spot! Highly recommend!

The hostel was in a really good location right in the old town. I felt very comfortable there. Felt like I was staying at a home rather than a hostel. Katija was very helpful with recommendations, helping me book outings and even did my laundry for me. The only downside was that there was only one bathroom with one shower for the whole hostel, but other than that it was a great place to stay. I would definitly recommend it.

Hostel was in a great location of old town although up some steep stairs and it's hard to find not clearly marked out. The hostel is very small with only 3 rooms- we were on the top level up 3 flights of stairs and there's only one bathroom downstairs. The rooms have AC which was crucial in the heat of summer. Make sure you don't loose or misplace your keys the owner is very very strict and paranoid about this. All in all; Good value for money hostel.

Thank You on Your comment! Yes I am strict because there are rules which has to be respected. I am paranoid if the rules are broken after several warnings. I do not accept lies and irresponsibility. Thanks and all the best!

Great place and location with a beautiful lady running it

Thank You dear guest! It is always a pleasure to meet and host guests like You!

A very nice place to stay. We were there for only 1 night but we were able to stay at the hostel the second day to leave our backs and to take a shower after our kayaking trip. Very nice hostess and a good room

Katija's hostel is very nice and clean (as well as affordable) and is right in the centre of Old Town Dubrovnik which is an amazing part of Croatia. Katija is a lovely person and was very helpful in showing us the best places to eat and drink as well as advice on other tourist attractions such as the cable car, walking tours and Lokrum Island. We also arranged for a transfer from the airport which was extremely helpful as the other option is to catch a couple of buses or even a taxi.

Katija was very welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend

• 17th Jul 2015

We loved it here, it was very homely and katija was so helpful. The room was really nice and a great location. Thank you. The area is very quiet and pretty.

• 11th Jul 2015

Stayed for one night. Owner was very helpful. We got delayed because of all the traffic and she was very understanding. Location is amazing. Beds comfortable!

Katija is a wonderfull host, she was always disposed to help. Thanks for everything!

Katija was a lovely host who was constantly cleaning. She shared some of her Pina Colada with us. Hostel felt "homely". Location-30 steps to reach the hostel, but great location. Dorm Room- had storage. Tight squeeze with big suitcases. Comfortable beds. Powerpoint by each bed. Clean. Highly recommend. Met some nice travellers. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Katija was absolutely lovely. So helpful and courteous. The rooms were lovely with air conditioning and very comfortable beds. Perfect location and a great stay overall.

I loved my stay here. It really felt like I was staying as a guest in someone's home, and everyone was so nice. I would highly recommend this place for comfort and a good location.

located within dubrovnik's ramparts it is perfectly situated. a family run hostel led by katiya who provides a graceful touch.

Rather small room but great location and very helpful staff and clean.

Katija was so welcoming and the place was great. Lots of stairs however very manageable! Would highly recommend!

The hostel is close to everything however it is small so not great for meeting people and is slightly lacking atmosphere. If you are traveling as a couple or pair it would be great although only having one bathroom (shower and toilet in the same room) isn't great but it depends on your schedules, sometimes there is no wait.

Dear guest, please read the description before You book. This is a place where You can meet many people and spend nice time but not in a sense to make a party in the hostel, for that You have a night clubs. Bathroom is sharing so sometimes You need to wait couple of minutes . Thanks for everything!

Wonderful hostel. Katija met me early in the day to drop off my bags. She was very helpful. Air conditioning was amazing. Wifi worked on the top floor and location was very good.

The hostel felt very homely and warm, the interior felt like you're living in the old town instead of a hostel. The host, Katija is genuinely kind and helpful. Our stay in Dubrovnik wouldn't have been extraordinary with her!