5.6
Rating 3,094 Total Reviews
5.6
Rating 3,094 Total Reviews
Hostel Blue Planet Located at 5 Rue Hector Malot, , Paris.
France
Paris 0033659091212 75012 5 Rue Hector Malot
56% 3094
48.8455780 2.3753700
    Rooms available

14th Jul 2016
6.9

The hostel is very well located steps away from Gare de Lyon. The room was clean but only ONE electricity outlet for four beds. Also one toilet for EIGHT rooms! there was only ONE shower for three floors. So I got up very early to clean up and there was NOT hot water.

13th Jul 2016
5.4

This hostel is cheap and in a good location, however that´s all it has going for it. Use this place if you need a cheap bed for a night during your travels, but don´t do an extended stay. The facilities are run-down, dirty, and you have to pay to use their computers, Still the best price in the area by far, only a third of the price of nearby places.

• England, Male, 31-40
6th Jul 2016
6.6

Pros: Location (close to Gare Du Lyon station). Cafés nearby (opposite station) where a good breakfast/lunch/dinner can be had (hostel breakfast up till 0930). Fair price paid. Slept well in the bed - put something on it to signal it's yours when out. Cons: Key card system - annoying, up to two card activated (for 4 person per room). Noise... it's a hostel! 1 electric socket per room of 4 persons. Wifi charge. Security: lock your bags or use lockers by reception. Single gender rooms.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
5.4

Very, very sketchy-looking place. It definitely needs some fixing and cleaning. Staff wasn't too helpful or friendly. I only stayed for one night and left before breakfast in the morning. 24/7 reception is cool. There's only one keycard to the room so if we went out we had to leave it at the reception. It would have been nicer to have own keycards for each of us. I can not recommend this place but the bed was okay and the location is good.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
2.0

Clean stinking , teeth was a positive

22nd Jun 2016
4.9

There was no shower for my floor (the door was kicked in and left that way), and there was no toilet the floor above me so they had to use toilet on other floors. The room felt kind of dirty, the sink in our room leaked, they use electronic locks and they disable them the morning BEFORE anyone checks out (which means everyone gets locked out because the key doesn't work). You pay for wifi, only in the lobby, 2 euros for 30 minutes (are you kidding?!).

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jun 2016
2.9

There was one outlet in a room designed for 4 and it didn't work. Wifi access had to be paid for. "Free breakfast" Is the staff giving you coins to get food out of a vending machine. No available locker space to put away personal and important belongings such as passport. Only 1 key available for the room. 1 bathroom/shower for a whole floor. You have to leave the hostel from 11am to 3pm for them to clean even though it doesn't look like they had.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Jun 2016
3.7

I chose this hostel because it is near the train station and it was the only one was not charging crazy amounts for the football matches. That said it was not worth it. When we got there the staff immediately began being rude to me. I got there late and was told that I should have printed my reservation, which is impossible for someone who made their reservation on the 6 hour train ride. The facilities are dirty, and there is only one toilet per floor. On top of that the internet barely works.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016
4.6

The staff is friendly, but for a quite high prize you get a dirty dorm with no sheets, no own key and a kitchen with just a microwave. The location is alright though, close to Gare de Lyon but located in a very un-cozy area

8th Jun 2016
2.9

They ripped me off 10€ , Hostalworld gave me a price, when arrive at the hostel they said, It was not reservation & if I was interested to stay, I must had to pay 30€, the price in hostel world was 22€, I did pay 4 € deposit, that they didn't respected, because I arrive to late I had lost that rate, WTF, I did call them 3 times once I made the reservation, at 14:00 to say that I was in England and my fly will arrive around midnight, they did not mentioned they crazy cancellation policies...