Hostel Blue Planet

5.8
Rating 3148 Total Reviews

22nd Jul 2017
6.3

I read the past reviews and expected a poor hostel but was on my way down to Nice and wanted to stay near Gare d Lyon. With that said, I did not expect breakfast to be 3 coins to a vending machine that served either coffee or a snack bun similar to a twinkie with chocolate on it. Coffee was good. Sharing one key was silly. Staff was unsurprisingly cold. Stay here if you have to, not for a nice atmosphere

22nd Jul 2017
5.4

Pretty bad to be honest. First off it's cash only and super sketchy. The bathrooms are extremely dirty. There's one key per room so if someone comes back around 2 am someone has to get out of bed and let them in. Would never suggest this place to anyone.

• paigelumley48911
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
8.0

I was surprised the rooms only had one single outlet to use, and I was warned not to plug in one appliance to adapter at a time. I'd consider that an inconvenience. For the price I would assume the minimum is included such as towels for the bathroom. Room was clean and staff was nice.

• alexiadlh
  • Mexico, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017
2.0

The staff was really really rude. We arrived at night and had already payed for our room online but they didn't want to accept us because the receptionist wanted to go to sleep (he literally told us he just wanted to go to sleep). As well they didn't want to let us pay with card because eventhough they had the terminal and everything it was easier for them just to receive cash. Just 1 shower and 1 toillet per floor and it's really far from the city center

• India, Male, 31-40
18th Jun 2017
6.9

The location of this hostel is a dream come true for any traveller. Situated stones throw away from gare de Lyon it's nested right at the heart of Parisian beauty & amenities. Well, that's the best part as everything else seemingly is not worth talking about. The rooms are claustrophobic, no provision for cooling during the summer blaze. The staff don't seem to care. The WiFi access is restricted, one key per room etc are some of the disadvantages. Advisable only if stay is not more than a day.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
7th Jun 2017
3.7

Rude staff. Only one key per room yet each room can have anywhere from 1 - 5 residence at least! So useless. No air conditioning. There was ONE plug in the room and it was literally above the door. I assume that all other rooms where like this cause everyone gathered in the tiny room called the 'cafe' to charge their devices. The wifi didn't reach the room either. If i was in range it was useless anyway. No room to properly socialise. Only stay if you want a bed and one night here.

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
25th May 2017
6.9

The staff is the worst. They look like they don't like their job. Especially the one in the morning.

18th May 2017
4.9

Idk this one is just a grimy old place. I paid like 28euro for one night and I think it's worth 10 maybe 15. They gave one key per room...I was there alone so me and the other girl had to share the key and turn it into the front if we both left the hostel, that was the strangest thing I've ever experienced. It's nice bc it's close to gare de Lyon and I just needed one night there to catch a flight the next day. Toilets are outside took but the sink/shower is inside the room...weird.

29th Mar 2017
5.4

Only one room key can be uesed at the same time, heater doesnt work, no wifi signal inthe room, breakfast only 3 tiny bread, realy sucks

7th Mar 2017
6.9

Nothing much to say about this place honestly as nothing stood out as special to me. It was near the train station which was nice and seemed like there was plenty to do within walking distance. The room was pretty small but the windows opened up to the city street which was nice. the bathroom was small with no shower but that wasn't an issue as there were showers that were available down the hall. They did not have towels to rent the day I arrived or the day after.. had to use my shirt. meh...