Hostel Blue Planet Reviews

5 Rue Hector Malot, Paris, France

I booked last minute and was lucky because the price was good and at least for me who stayed only for 1 night I had no problem there. The proximity with Gare de Lyon is also helpful. The only problem I think is charging 3 euros for only 1 hour of internet, that's too expensive. I've paid before in some hostels but it was like 2 euros for 24 hours. If you really need internet I suggest going to Gare de Lyon and using there for free. But my average experience was good.

This hostel,you can keep money

I think the only good thing is the location because it's in the middle of the city near to station gare de lyon so that's good but I can't believe they charge 3€ For one hour of wifi that's ridiculous and the staff it's very rude and unfriendly also not very helpful, bathrooms are not that clean. The "breakfast" ist 3 coins for a bending machine, overall I wouldn't stay here again but if you only need a place to sleep and leave your lougge this is not very bad although you could find betters!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • El Salvador

The wifi was very expensive, 3€ for one hour and only till midnight. I dont know if its normal but in the shower was only cold water. But for people which search only for a cheap place near the city for one or two nights is it okey!

• 8th Aug 2014

The place was dirty, it was closed for "cleaning" from 11-3pm everyday, the staff could be friendlier, there's one key per room and you leave it at the front desk if you're the last person out and to get it back you just say your room number and don't have to show any ID.

• 7th Aug 2014

In my first night a couple started to fight in the bedroom beside. We called staff to help and open the door because they were hitting theirselves and nobody comes. Few minutes after that the girl tried to kill herself by cutting the wrist and the hostel spent 15 min to call emergency. The showers and toilets are very poor and dirty. Specifically in my room there were old cookies (maybe from the last guest) behind the heater. I don't recommend this hostel at all!!

Me and my friend were staying in our first hostel and were unsure of what to expect. The staff were a little off when speaking on the phone first, however once they were very pleasant and helpful; upon leaving even giving us free bottled water which was a nice touch. The rooms are basic but clean, the showers however were kinda dirty but ok.

One minute away from Gare du Lyon, that's good. But the station (and its people) is not the best surrounding. Reception nice enough and 24h. NO FREE WIFI (should be illegal) and NOT SAFE (one key per room). Very small common room and bad shared toilettes and shower. I will suggest to go there JUST if you arrive late at night or have to go to the station early in the morning because the price then is fine, considering is Paris.

Not very expensive. It is a bit far by foot from most attractions, but then it's Paris, and there's a metro station near. The services are all right and the staff is friendly enough.

El peor lugar de la historia, no es ni el hostal más barato en el que me e quedado y si es el peor por mucho, el desayuno es de maquinista, te dan 3 mondas y escojes de lo que allá en la máquina, luego son 5 pisos y sin elevador, 1 sola llave para todo un cuarto de 4 personas, staff grosero y de los que no ayudan, y para terminar, el wifi cuesta (creo q 3 euros 3 horas) pero desde que empiezas tienes que estar las 3 horas, por q si te vas a hacer otra cosa el tiempo sigue corriendo, malísimo.

just no service and the worst atmosphere, you also got to pay for the slowest wifi.

Special thanks for the very nice staff:)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Finland

The worst hostel where i've been: dirty, unsafe, very disgusting staff... And the included breakfast consists in three coins for use in a shity food machine.

wasn't the friendliest feeling hostel at all, has weird rules such as having to leave your room between 11.30-3 which they're very strict on, said that they had wifi but hidden costs there once again...

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel is located close to Gare de Lyon which is great. The staff on the hostel is kind of aggressive. And the "Breakfast included" is the biggest joke on the planet - Food from an automat. But it's an okay hostel if you need something cheap in the centre of Paris.

There is only one plug in the room and the bathrooms don't have a place to put the clothes and the towel.

It would be nice to choose this hostel if you will stay in here 2 nights or less and you have limited amount of money. Otherwise, I wont recommend here to anyone else.

The hostel was very small and located in an area that seemed a bit bad. We were unlucky to have someone from the street steal a camera and some credit cards etc during our stay here. The staff was very helpful, though and let us watch a recording of the incident. Other than this the hostel was poor. The rooms had no air conditioning and were very small and crowded. Also the public area was small and people were almost sitting on each other.

I didn't stay there, had to cancel my booking.

The worst hostel i have ever been. No towels, no free wifi. Not friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7