Hostel Blue Planet Reviews

5 Rue Hector Malot, Paris, France

I have stayed in so many hostels. This is the first hostel were you have to pay for Wifi.

a very rude staff at reception, cold choco pain from automat for breakfast, lights in room switch on as anyone approaches door from outside, even if they are not entering the room, no individual keys, person who sleeps first has to get up and open door for others, useless shower in room, only one plugpoint very high on the wall.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • India

The hostel was terrible breathing wasn't on money the rest was all, internet connection, computer using was on money. The water was cold no kitchen just one mini oven that was also taken away during breakfast, breakfast was just one cake and a cup of tea or coffee, the staff was not helpful even the location was good but inside atmosphere was very bad it was like a house of retired people that made my stay in Paris very bad, I don't suggest pay little more but stay in gud places

It was unpleasant experience staying here for few reasons. First, the beds are uncomfortable and unclean. Second, the lounge is closed after 12am. Third, they charge 3€ for a wifi, which is absurd price! Overall, I don't recommend this room unless you're in need of a room close to gare de Lyon!

I stayed at this hostel as recently as October, without problems. On returning this month they suddenly slapped me with a ban on older people and told me I could not be allowed to share a dorm with younger people and would have to pay double price for a single room. This, despite the fact that it was not on the webpage and they had already taken (and not yet refunded) my deposit. I have noted that many Hostelworld hostels in Paris operate age discrimination, which is illegal in most countries,

Great place to stay for the price you pay.

Bugs in the bed so I go itches even after changing the bed for the second night. Wifi and bed sheets cost extra. Staff is unfriendly, Showers are dirty. But its a quiet place.

Blue Planet was a cute little hostel, it was clean though a bit worse for wear. The main downside is the lack of security boxes, and that the rooms each only have one key, so if you don't book out the room you have to leave the key until you get back. For a hostel in Paris it has a great location right next to Gare de Lyon and it was only a 20 minute walk to Notre Dame. Perfect to dump your clothes and go off exploring, but be smart about your valuables. We had no problems.

Only one key per room, showers that don't close (and in most cases don't work at all, even though there's only one stall per floor), not very clean, wifi extremely expensive (3€/hour), no locks on the hallways/between the reception and rooms, no electrical outlets in the rooms, the rooms were kept very cold, and the lighting was minimal. When you go to a cheap hostel, having one or two of those privations is normal and bearable, but having all in one place is unacceptable. I went somewhere else.

Terrible place. Durty and unpolity staff. I by a single room but they don't have rooms like this.

• 7th Dec 2015

even stay in metro station better than this place (i cant call a hostel). dirty toilet, room and smell hell. there is no stuff around. only good thing is location. best advice is "stay away".....

I am satisfied with the accommodation, but I need to give two suggestion, (i) the shower spray which is not pleasing and should be replaced. (ii) a latch should be included in the bathroom.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • India

Get a key for every person in a room. Showers should be regularly cleaned. Remove blankets from bed -they spread bed bugs.

• 28th Nov 2015

That s ok for me, important is that is clean simple and cheap

• 16th Nov 2015

It s for Cleaning,for the staff but wifi is not free, and maybe we can have other key per but i think is a nice hostel

• 10th Nov 2015

Any way it was very good for me because I stayed only one night , I was visiting Paris for business , so the Hostel was good for me to stay, next time also I will choose blue planet Hostel. Thanks

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Iraq

the room is very dusty. Besides, it is very noisy as the other guests are running up and down, singing and shouting during the night I stay with the hostel.

Nice little hostel tucked away which was a bit hard to find, beds where comfy and supplied everything you needed except some soap for the sinks in the room, otherwise was perfectly fine to stay in.

Bad attitude.

worst hostel we stayed in on our trip! you have to rent bed sheets and they're still dirty. you're unable to check in until 3pm which is very inconvenient & the luggage storage room isn't even locked. you have to pay exorbitant rates for wifi, by the hour which is ridiculous & the bathrooms are the most dirty disgusting things I've set foot in. just because its budget accommodation doesn't mean it has to resemble a slum.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6