Hostel Blue Planet Reviews

5 Rue Hector Malot, Paris, France

The receptionist did not have a good attitude, no lockers or any security in the rooms, cold dirty showers....

It was a place to stay and a place to sleep. That's about the best thing about it. There is also a place to leave your bags when you get there but it was not the most secure. The website says free wifi but it was 3 euro for 1 hour. Community bathrooms and showers.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Wifi was not free, breakfast was minimal with three free chocolate croissants, the key rule was annoying (one key per room, not per person so you had to knock if your roommates were in your room with the key.) I stayed here because it is right next to Gare de Lyon station, and fifteen minute walk to quai St. Bernard on the river where there was free tango every night. Also other kinds of dance there. Also, easy to get to main attractions from this hostel. And cheap food right around this hostel.

I stayed in female dorm, and it is one of the nicer hostels I've stayed at. A/C is a bit of a lie; internet is ridiculously expensive (3euro/hr for wifi) but the rooms are nice and clean as are the showers. It also is one of the more convenient located hostels that I found in Paris (20-30mins walk to Notre Dame). The breakfast isn't anything to write home about, but it's free and the coffee is good; plus if you want a real breakfast there are plenty of restaurants around the corner.

• 21st Jul 2014

Staff can be very rude. I spent 3 night in the hostel and there were bags and shoes since I get there until I left, it seems like no cleaning is done in the room. Also there is lack of information, I had to ask several times for different services (wifi, breakfast) and I got rude answers from the staff, they assumed the guest already know everything.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This place was filthy. Absolutely filthy. And paying for internet and towels and stuff is a total rip off. Plus the staff was not very friendly. Do not stay here.

Great location near Gare de Lyon and great for early/late trains. Downsides: the hostelworld page says they have 24 hour reception, which is why I booked a late bus. Yet after I email them my arrival time, one staff replied my email saying they don't accept late night arrival. After I expalin I already booked the bus and have no choice, they never replied again...I was deadly panic as I have no clue whether I have to sleep on the street of Paris before actually arrived in the hostel at night!

I started my trip here, so I was really hoping my other hostels wouldn't be as bad as this one. The staff was crancky, the bedroom was really small and my bed felt like it was about to collapse, the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades and because of this, I didn't even dare to look at the showers..

It was the most shitist hostel I stayed at. They put us in a room that was a mantantice room no breeze could get to it. Had a fan in there but the wires were cut so couldn't use it. Had a aircon in there but was broken so couldn't use it aswell only two power points for 6 people to use. No lock on the bathroom door, had cupboards in there that you couldn't use to store any if your gear in. Breakfast was just from a vanding machine.

• 16th Jul 2014

It was most definitely the worst hostel my friend and I have ever stayed in. We are aussie guys who can rough it but this was just terrible. No lockers, pay for wifi, kicked out of your room from 11:00am until 3.30pm for cleaning. Extrenely poor atmosphere as you were allowed to drink in the hostel and also there was no kitchen! This place should not be on hostel world or if you have to stay there, do it as a last resort.

• 14th Jul 2014

Especially the bed sheets could definitely be cleaner! It would be more comfortable and secure to have more than one key for the rooms. We had cold water in the shower for 2 days. It sucks that the hostel is closed for a that long period of time!

poor for all the thing, old hostel, just one electrical outlet in the room for all people...

This was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in. Not only did the guy at the front say "Yup, go get your bags" if you asked (without checking who you were), the door was wide open. My things were there and could have been taken. Lockers were not available either. Wifi was NOT free as posted before. Get ready to fork up €2/30 mins on the computer. The showers were a joke. Almost no pressure and the handles were ready to fall off the door. Sharing a key amonst four people is what they do too

• 11th Jul 2014

The worst hostel in my trip

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

kinda dirty and with a lot of desrespectful people

the service was terrible! the "house roules" made it impossible to use your room in the day, and the common area closed at midnight. There was no free wifi, but you could by an overpriced wifi access (worked on the first floor only). I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL!

Where to start really. Even for Paris the staff are rude. There is little or no help provided, and on top of the high price to stay (in hostel terms) the place is a mess. The rooms were about acceptable, but the showers and bathrooms were awful. There was even a pile of dirty tissue paper crammed in the corner of the shower. The €3 for internet access was a farce, as no other hostel I have ever stayed required this, plus the wi-fi is terrible. There are cheaper, better places in Paris

You have to pay for using the wifi , and the staff its horrible moreover they only have one key per room makes everything worst

Wifi was very expensive One night a dude from the street try to enter our room through de window at 5am, scared the hell out of me. Anybody from the hostel apologize for that or offered us something because of the situation It's close to gare de Lyon witch gives you a lot of mobility only thing positive Bathrooms were too smelly

Around the cheapest you will find in Paris, and the place is thereafter. Do not visit if you can't take a little dirt.

• 4th Jul 2014