Hostel Blue Planet Reviews

5 Rue Hector Malot, Paris, France

The employers were kind

Good value for money. They are flexible with the checkin//checkout time. Though I had trouble sleeping because our room is beside the staircase. Even if someone tries to walk very lightly, the sound seems like he/she is stomping his/her feet. I guess that they have to do something about the stairs. The color of the room is also a bit dark for me, they should use light paint colors. Free breakfast. They'll give you coins to get yourself some coffee and bread from the vending machine.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Philippines

This hostel is really not clean. There's one shower and one toilet per floor (i guess around 15 people), the sheets on the beds smell funny, the "breakfast" consist of three coins for coffee/snack machine and they take 4 hours for cleaning (from 11am to 15pm) even though there're no visible results :)

We spent 2 nights there with my friend, the room was clean and has also a sink in it. The beds were comfortable enough. The toilet was clean but bathroom's sink is closed with the stuff in it, the water cannot go from there properly and so it feels dirty. And there is no Wifi in the rooms, if you pay you can use it in the common area which is next to the entrance door.

Nice location and friendly staff, however the room was not very clean and the facilities were poor.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Greece

There was no hot water, I didn't shower for the 6 days I was in Paris.... DISGUSTING Also, I was under the interpretation that it was going to be free wifi

• 15th Oct 2015

I stayed in this hostel fo three nights. The personal wasn't very nice. There is only one key for room, that is very annoying, because if you want to get in late you have to knock on the door and wake up the person that is in the room. The position is good, in front of Gare du Lyon. Breakfast included, but they give you only coins to get a snack and a coffee from the machine. I had hard time with the showers: one was cold, one was broken and only one was working well. Good price for Paris.

No free wifi, which always sucks. But the rooms were great! Clean, comfortable, not cramped. There was a nice little common area downstairs where people could get together and talk and I met a lot of great people there. Staff was nice enough. Only stayed one night but it was overall a pretty good experience, I would stay there again :)

If you come here, don't expect anything except a bed. It's cheap, no wonder why.

• 12th Oct 2015

One key for four person it's a bit uncomfortable, tou have to organize with your roommates

There were only one bathroom and toilets per floor. Hence, it got very unclean during the nights or early mornings. The showers were really small and water was cold. The drains in the bathroom were too slow, so there was water logging. The sheets seemed really old and stained. Staff were fine, but not really friendly.

I am so tired of going to hostels that don't have a kitchen! Breakfast was just awful, but you should try their wierd "tea cappuchino" that you get from a machine. They call it white tea. Only one decent shower that I could find. Use the internet cafe in the market, it's cheaper.

worst hostel.....one toilet for 50 people.....that too not clean.....

• 9th Oct 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bathroom is awful!!

• 8th Oct 2015

Worst night of my life. The guy running the hostel told everyone I had mental issues. Then a woman walked in at 3 am and said she had spent the last 2 years in prison. I ran for my life at 4 am out of this hell hole

• 8th Oct 2015

Very comfortable, good location and helpful staff. Shower was cold sometimes. I'd stay again

It was the WORST hostel that i slept in Europe, the bathroom is dirty, the beds are not confortable and you have to pay to use the wifi. Ridiculous.

• 6th Oct 2015

the worst hostel ive ever stayed, the staff is very rude, the rooms are smelly, its not clean, you have to pay 3 euros for Wifi and there is not security box or lockers, people are always arguing with the staff because of the bad service

The hostel is not very clean. The beds and equipment smell old and the toilet have no washbowl. Just one toilet on my flor for maybe 20 person maybe more. The same for the bathroom, I couldn't take a shower. The breakfast is not one. It s not a real breakfast but on the machine. You get one pain au chocolat or espresso or Madeleine but just on the machine!! You get 3 coins and can choose 3 things yo eat. I will not recommend this hostel. The only positive thing is the place and the price.

To pay for a hostal that is so dirty, the quilt is disgusting and smells terrible, charging for WiFi, really the toilet full of dirty papers and the showers are too filthy. I think that you really need a friendlier service and employees. Minimal at least change the way you clean or start cleaning, then you can see about the personnel. Seriously.

• 4th Oct 2015