Hostel Blue Planet Reviews

5 Rue Hector Malot, Paris, France

No wifi 1 uninteresting chanel only on tv No self catering Unpersonnal environment 15€ in 3bed en suite is good

• 24th Feb 2014

-quite expensive, consider it is a hostel. I've paid 50 euros for a 4 bed room, since I need to meditate in morning time, and need to be in privacy. -extremely noisy stairs, with people up & down late in evening and early morning. -noisy key system as well, as I could hear doors being opened at all times

No wifi, staff at the desk not very helpful. Not enough breakfast provided. Not recommended to stay here.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • India

one outlet in the room, hidden behind the door in the top corner of the room. No soap in bathroom, dirty, ice cold shower. bathroom in room also didn't even have a proper door. two flaps with a massive gap in the middle, top and bottom and holes in it. My friend and i absolutely hated it.

I think it's important that the staff control a little more guests' noise after certain time at night. I understand hostel's environnement is for young people and many of them want to party, but there are many others who just want to rest, so it would be good to make respect certain rule of turning down the noise a little bit after certain time at night.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Good price but expecting everyone in a 4 person room to share 1 key is insane. When I came home at 1 am I had to wake everyone else up to get into my room. Also the Internet was barely usable since it was so slow.

• 18th Feb 2014

The bedrooms are very dirty, with a lot of insects. We staid just one night because it was so difficult to sleep in a place like that. Location is good, the only big problem is the cleanliness. Even the showers were dirty, it was disgusting take a bath there.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Worst hostel ever, the guy behind the reception was so rude and arrogant. It was unclean and not a nice place to stay at.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's ok just to sleep there with no other expectations. The breakfast (biscuits, coffe, tee for choice) are horrible. Anyway, for this price I would come there again.

There is no Wi-fi and also no bed sheets are provided. The staff are not that friendly and they not even cared about the visitiors. Even if we ask them something they are very reluctant to give answers. Only thing is that it is just a few min walk from Gare de Lyon. Instead of that there is nothing good here.

I was satisfied. ..

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Ethiopia

It's a good 1 night stay. If it weren't for the unbearable insecticide smell could be all right for more. Friendly stuff I had to change the room because of the smell. You can get intoxicated easy there, There are more intelligent ways to get rid of the roaches.

I didn't feel comfortable with the bed they provided me. The blanket was stinking like hell and also I got a room in 5th floor which is really hard to reach without an elevator. On the otherhand there was no hot shower in the bathroom of 5th floor! The last thing that I didn't like at all is the size of the bathroom. Seriously I had to squize in there and didn't see any hanger to put the clothes before taking shower.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Bangladesh

Pretty standard hostel, location was perfect for us as its right next to train station. place just to sleep though.

No WiFi. We stayed in the room next to the stairs and it was noisy especially in the morning.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

People shouting (literally) in the corridors at night. If you have a room in front of the stairs you won't sleep easily, guaranteed. No handsoap distributor in the room toilets, which, if you are traveling light it is a problem. Cold showers in rush hour, mildly warm otherwise. Just one cover in the room, I would advise to ask for more, i was freezing. The hostel so just behind Gare de Lyon station, it's a two minute walk (take exit number 3 from the metro station).

• 31st Jan 2014

It so!!! near at station but it didnt have wifi and teh computer is so awful.!!!! only english and french...!!! This is the worst hostel i ever met....

NO HOT WATER!!!!!!!!! The location is great, rigth in front Gare de Lyon, the breakfast it s justa some patisserie from those machinea and doesnt have HOT WATER!!! But for the price i can really complain.

Positive side: The place was clean and tidy Staff was very helpful. :Negative side: There's only one small industrial pain au chocolate and a cup of hot drink for breakfast. The double bunker shakes whenever someone moves. There's only one electrical socket in the room. Moreover, the socket almost touched the ceiling.

It was my worst experience in hostels ever. The staff sent us out of the hostel every day in the morning to clean and we were not available to get in to the hostel till 3 o'clock. Every morning a guy from the staff knock your door (in a very aggresive way) like the militaries. The cleaning was awful, i saw a few cockroach in the room and inside the bathroom too. You can't take a beer inside the hostel and the common areas was to small. There also was a tv showing strange musicals videos. They g