Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Hostel is in good location, staff gave great info at check in - lots of options for things to do and the restaurant/bar discount vouchers were great! Rooms were not that great, old bunks and old lockers, really dated decor. Kitchen was great though

Overall a great hostel. Clean, great central location and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. For such a big hostel the atmosphere was really lacking. I'm sure it was just bad timing for me tho as it seemed like it could be a really fun social area, however sadly there weren't ever many guests hanging out together in the common area very often. Still a really great place and would definitely stay there again

Only stayed the 1 night as a stopover. BUT I would definitely go back and choose this hostel. Location was great and the whole place was clean and tidy and spacious rooms and showers. FANTASTIC staff!!! These girls are amazing

From the pictures and reviews I had a different idea of what this hostel would be. It turned out to be way bigger and with way less character and personality than I had thought. Only pretty good thing was that it is quite easy to meet people in the reception/common room.

great hostel. just stay for one night, but I had a great experience there. the brunette girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and cute.

The staff was very helpful during my stay.

Myself and two other girls stayed in this hostel in a 6 bed female dorm. Room was spacious and very clean. The staff where really helpful and by far the best out of all the hostels we have stayed in. Good location, you can walk to the centre in 5 minutes. Would definitely recommend.

• 19th Aug 2015

I stayed in Blues hostel where I had great time the staff was wonderfull specially the Irish girl that provide me very good information about Bratislava.The hostel has very good atmosphere with travellers and very good commun area that you could interact with everyone.The only bad thing it was that the check out was a little bit early that I expected but i highly suggest this hostel in Europe.Thank you so much Blues Hostel for the great stance I had in Bratislava

We had a great stay. Very friendly and helpfull staff.

Best hostel we have stayed at so far!! Such nice rooms really friendly staff really nice vibe. Fantastic location !!!! Can't wait to go back! And can't say anything bad about it.

Had a stopover in Bratislava so I stayed at Hostel Blues. It's located 10 minutes walk from the bar district of Bratislava. But they do have a fun little bar onsite with cheap prices. Showers and toilets were located ensuite for my 6 bed room which is always a good perk. Lockers located in the rooms and the hostel even gives you padlocks. I wish it was located closer to the bus/train stations and the main square. But everything else was top notch

Very good hostel except no aircon so got quite hot in summer. Recommend it though

This was an amazing hostel! I met a bunch of cool people and the atmosphere was great. Would definitely stay here if I ever visit Bratislava again, although there is not very much to do in the city itself.

Great staff, location, price, common area, kitchen. They need more fans or AC's in the summer. Was a sauna. The one fan we had was useless.

Had a great stay, very very good staff who helped us a lot in exploring the city. Great atmosphere in the bar for meeting fellow travellers, live music cheap beer etc. If you are going to Bratislava, STAY in hostel blues for sure.

We stayed at the hostel during a very hot period (39C). In the rooms airco would have been welcome, but we understands that this are exceptional circumstances. The reception/bar had airco,so we could go there to cool down. Despite of the hot weather, we enjoyed our stay at Hostel Blues!

8 bed mixed dorm was cramped, dirty and insecure. Our last night, someone managed to get into our dorm and we caught him in our room looking through our belongings at 5 am. When I mentioned it to staff the following morning, no one appeared interested in following it up. The ratio of guys to girls was 5:1, and the pub crawl had little atmosphere. Much better value for money around. Would not stay again.

• 12th Aug 2015

Good Value hotel with a bar and common room and kitchen. Bedrooms are secure with lockers and room keys. Sheets are provided but no towels. No air conditioning in the rooms, there is a fan but it didn't do much in the August heat and it was a hot night. Bathroom facilities average. Very noisy outside with passing trams and church bells. Only a short walk from town which in the daylight is easy, but I felt a bit unsafe walking back alone at night and caught a taxi from the city centre.

Great hostel, nice staff and funny people in there!

Great place to stay. The staff make you feel welcome as soon as you walk through the door. Hard to not people and enjoy the city while staying at this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7