Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Great hostel with really helpful and friendly staff. Gave us a free map and marked down the best touristy sites and also best party sites. 24hr Reception/chill out area was a good place to mix with other travellers. Also the bar crawl picks up from this hostel.

Warm, safe, clean. No breakfast as standard. Very helpful staff, spent lots of time advising where to go and drawing on maps. Was late for my flight in morning and they checked me out and had a taxi arrive within 2 mins.

• 12th Mar 2015

Really kind and helpful staff, super clean and in an excellent location.

Staff were really friendly, Rooms clean and hostel in a good location. Would definitely recommend.

Fantastic hostel! The staff were so friendly and helpful, and weren't jaded or sick of tourists. It felt very personable. The hostel is clean, and the dorms are quite spacious. It has a good common area so found it really easy to meet other travellers. They also do a Slovakian cooking class every Tuesday which was fun, and the guy who runs it is really friendly.

Fantastic place to stay. Thank you

Very clean facilities. Great big kitchen to use. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Good location. Staff was a little difficult to work with. Wifi was on every floor but didn't always work.

We had a great stay at Hostel Blues. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great - chilled out and relaxed. The only complaint we had was noise late in the night from other guests but as it was a Saturday and there was a bar crawl we were expecting it and it didn't disturb us too much.

• 28th Feb 2015

Only stayed one night. The guys in our room were extremely loud when others were sleeping. No one socialized in the common spaces. Beers/snacks seemed to be overpriced for convenience. Staff were nice and gave great city recommendations. Location is good, although it's not actually in the city center. Bratislava is tiny though so it really doesn't matter. Annoying to bring your own bedding down along with all your stuff for check out. Overall a fine stay.

Very Friendly and helping staff! Great Atmosphere, would stay there anytime again.

reception ladies were so kind. I could get every info I needed then.

Good hostel. Good location and Best Staff!!!

Great hostel, can absolutely recommend any traveller/backpacker to stay here. Very kind and helpful staff.

Nice place

The staff were super nice and helpful. The 4 beds dorm which I stayed in had its own bathroom and shower so that‘s a huge plus for the hostel, and I also loved the big kitchen downstairs. I think, a good stay depends on not only the hostel but also the roommates. Unfortunately I had the most terrible and horrible roommates ever! But it was 5:30 am and I had to check out in 4 hours so I didn't ask the hostel to change my room. My stay in Bratislava didn't end nicely though I liked the hostel.

I felt veeeery welcome in this hostel, the Staff was just amazing and really helpful, I was there just for a day and it was a great time, we even had a cooking class of a typical recipe!

• 19th Feb 2015

The staff is so friendly and helpful. They went over just about everything you could possibly think to do in the city and seemed genuinely interested in assuring that you had a good time in Bratislava. And they have board games!

Great hostel, located well for restaurants etc but not in the old town. Staff were friendly and rooms were large and clean. Very well set up kitchen and nice common areas.

Hostel Blues has extremely friendly and helpful staff, the lady at front reception was very enthusiastic about making sure I knew where all the great places to sightsee and eat at are and give you information about the hostel etc. It is a clean hostel, close to a supermarket and you have to walk for a little bit to get to the old town. Unfortunately, most the of the people in my room were workers looking for permanent accom. in Bratislava so it wasn't the best environment as a solo-backpacker.

Absolutely amazing! Perfect location, clean rooms & bathrooms, great common room, cooking classes, and, above all, great staff - everyone's so friendly and helpful. I stayed in Bratislava for over a week only because of this hostel. I've been to many hostels, but this one is definitely in my top 5! No better place to stay in Bratislava, highly recommended.