Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Cannot fault this place or the city! Wifi and facilities are awesome and it's clean. The only annoying thing we found was the Orange wristband they make you wear however this came in useful when we got a discount at a local restaurant (Slovak pub) which I couldn't recommend more. Take the pub crawl which picks up and leave at around 10 each night... We managed 6 pints in the one hour of free beer haha

24 hour large common room. Sometimes with live music. Staff was very nice and extremely helpful. Did have a power outage the last night I was there.

Group of three guys interrailing. We ended up getting a private room for three, (the Amsterdam room) which was very similar in price to a dorm room and so so worth it. Comfortable beds, nice large and clean ensuite bathroom. Staff were really helpful and gave us a great lost of places to eat and drink and things to see, cheap beers at reception. Decent washing machine facilities as well. Only about 15/20 minute walk from the main station. Really good place.

Staff was extremely attentive

Really good central location, easy walk to all the main places! Staff were very helpful and had lots of information and lists of good local places to eat/ drink etc. which was great! We only stayed one night and the room was pretty noisy with the tram outside the window, in fairness we had the windows wide open because it was so hot so maybe this wouldn't be an issue another time of year!

The perfect hostel. Really good chilled atmosphere where there's always someone in the common area to have a beer/chat with. Staff really friendly and great knowledge of their city. Brilliant kitchen with everything you could need . Plug sockets at each bed . Couldn't recommend it more!

Very lovely and professional hostel, the staff is very nice and helpful and the kitchen is full of thing to cook,definitely I will come back.

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed! It's perfectly located in the centre of the city. The rooms are clean, the atmosphere is great! And the staff is just awesome! Definitely THE place to stay in Bratislava

The location is prime - 5 minutes walking distance to the Old Town - and the tram is very inexpensive - you can catch it right outside the door of the hostel - and it will take you anywhere in the City. Also the hostel is inexpensive, clean, with a fully equipped kitchen and free computer usage in the reception area. The Manager and entire staff could not be more amiable, knowledgeable, and willing to assist with all requests, therefore, I would highly recommend staying here.

Shut up. Stay here. This is your hostel.

Very nice hostel!! Definitely recommend!

the location of the hostel is really central, about 5 minutes walk from the main centre and right next to a supermarket and bus stop. Kitchen has lots of utensils although it's pretty small if there's more than about 4 at a time in there, but there is a big dining room and lounge area to hang out in, overall a good place to meet people and friendly staff!

Extremely nice and helpful staff!

Staff was super friendly and always willing to help. They even gave me a map of Vienna, which was my next travelstop. Actually they we're more helpfull then the staff of the next hostel in Vienna. Hostel is very close to centre,which is not big but beautiful. Rooms were clean and tidy. I attended the free cooking course, cooked a lovely meal with a great chef. Learned a new traditional Slovak dish and is a great way to meet people. The hostel is really really great! Felt like home!

I was really impressed with this place. Two power plugs per bed is amazing, big lockers and comfy beds. Cheap beers in the bar, cheap laundry, and I do love a place with a fooseball table. Definitely will stay again next time I'm in Bratislava.

This hostel is in a great location and has very helpful staff who were happy to give us directions and advice on where to go. There is a bar and a good atmosphere, and the hostel is clean and well-maintained. There was cheap parking quite near which was convenient. The only criticism I would have is that the curtains in the rooms are too small and let a lot of light into the rooms from the streetlights.

Enjoyed my stay here. Provided with a locker and lock which was handy. Also was able to leave my bag in a luggage store after checkout. Ensuite dorm was decent, sharing with slightly messy young lads but to be expected. Location was slightly out of the old town but a 5 minute walk away. Staff were amiable and extremely helpful. Particularly Dominika, a really cool girl who gave me some really cool ideas of what to do in Ljubljana having understood exactly what I was looking for.

Loved this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean.

• 24th Jul 2015

It was really hot in the room ( 8 persons in dorm) , I couldn't sleep even if the window was open. no air conditioning in the room. only air conditioning in the bar. Staff: only women but friendly. Il faisait très chaud dans la chambre, pas de clim juste un ventilateur de plafond qui brassait l'air chaud. Je n'ai quasiment pas dormi à cause de la chaleur. j'ai du porter un bracelet au poignet ou était inscrit le nom de l'hostel durant tout mon séjour. ( pour toucher les commissions des restos?)

I loved this hostel. Great atmosphere every night and the staff were friendly beyond reason. Each bed has 2 sockets and a light.