Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

It was more than wonderful !

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Great hostel. Good kitchen (and cooking class on Thursdays!), great staff, a really chill commons room. The hostel puts of daily notifications of things happening around Bratislava (bars, clubs, live music, sports, etc). Very clean and professional feeling, but no problem partying (they sell beer but have no problem with you bringing your own in). Highly recommended

Location is so nice. Very close to old town. One of the staff, a boy, was so nice. He recommended me nice restaurant, many nice places to go and free walking tour program. Towel is free and everything was very cheap. I was in 6 mix bed dorms, it was very clean but you should wait for shower. There's just one booth for 3 rooms..

Definitely the friendly staff I've come across! During the check-in, the girl behind the counter, spent about 20 minutes giving me a detailed guide on Bratislava, whilst marking things on my map...Which definitely kept me busy for 3 days in a relatively small city! Bunk beds were really comfortable, and everything was large. The bunk beds, rooms, lockers. Great atmosphere in the common room, which doubled up as a bar, with a foosball table. My favourite hostel so far!

Really cool hostel! The staff is supernice and friendly, they gave us an awesome tips about the city sights. Cleanliness was good. Also the securty. The location is awesome, litterally 7 minutes walking distance from the center of bratislava. And the best part is that it's really cheap! I'd most deffo recommend this hostel.

Good place would stay again.

• 1st Nov 2013

This is a fantastic Hostel. The room was super clean and the bed comfortable - free padlocks and lockers! The staff were fantastic . Really helpful, welcoming and friendly. They gave tips on what to see, where to go and what to do. The location is fantastic for the old town, and easy to reach with public transport from both the airport and main rail station.

Great experience, really enjoyed Hostel Blues! Good sized lockers, nice beds. The staff was SUPER helpful, provided us with maps and ideas for things to do in Bratislava. We'd recommend it to anyone!

This is such a great hostel. It's clean, the kitchen is great, the location is pretty good, the staff is incredibly welcoming, and the price is grand. They have a cleaning staff that goes through every day so it's great to see that. Their kitchen is big and spacious and there is a dining room. They also have a bar/cafe, and lounge, so it's easy to chill out and catch up on emails or hang out with other travelers. This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at between 13 countries in Europe.

The best staff!

great place to meet people. good fun

the best thing 4me at hostel blues was the staff..such nice and kind people..

• 28th Oct 2013

Great staff!! Great hostel!!

Great location and super friendly staff with those criminally low Eastern European prices but there was just one bathroom for our floor, split into one room for the toilet and one room for the sink + shower. So if someone is showering, you've got to go to another floor to wash your hands. The bathroom is also not so nice. Still, if you can suffer through the bathroom stuff, everything else is good. Although I didn't have a chance to do it, they even have cooking classes in the evenings.

Great staff. Great location. Great city.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. The staff are fantastic ,the location is easy to get to and the facilities are perfect. WIll definitely stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Pretty good hostel. Really have no complaints!

I was only in Bratislava a night and day and found the most friendly and chilled I've stayed in long time.

The friendly and helpfully staff plus the amazing atmosphere in this hostel really made my trip great. With a 24 hour bar and amazing atmosphere it's no wonder I had to stay in Slovakia an extra day! Miss you all already!!!

Staff great and the facilities were great. Stayed in a private room