Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Amazing staff, especially Elishka! Really good location to most places.

Location was only decent, but not a far walk to all of the sights. Guitars available to play for free which I loved. Foosball table in common room. We made lots of friends here...good common room atmosphere. Staff was super helpful and informative and genuinely nice people. We stayed in a six bed room and it was kind of small. Good kitchen area. Shower and toilet were located in the room which was nice.

nice, clean spacious rooms, and the kitchen was very clean too. It has a atmosphere suitable primarily for very young travellers

The friendly staff.

Brilliant hostel and amongst the best i've stayed in europe. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean secure rooms, plenty of activities such as bar crawls, cooking lessons and live music on the night I stayed there. They have a bar with cheap beer and excellent wifi on all floors. STaff gave great recommendations on places to eat, what to eat and the whole twon is well within walking distance. I highly recommend the free walking tour which takes places each day (2 1/2 hours). Great visit, thanks.

Amazing stay! Staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

Very nice, would come back and in fact I extended my stay a night.

The staff on arrival was excellent, full of energy and a willingness to help you out. The only downsides to this place were the location on the main street across from a church meant a lot of external noise (band playing until 1AM, trams going by, and church bells going off each hour (2AM church bells? Why?). Also, while I appreciate the effort to separate the shower and toilet areas for simultaneous usage, there is no great place to dry off or change clothes.

Great hostel in Bratislava as so close to the center and shops! Great atmosphere in the common room where it's easy to make friends and the prices are also good.

Excellent place in Bratislava! No complaints at all! 100% recommended! Nice atmosphere!

This was our first time in a hostel and it was amazing. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The common room was cosy and warm. Good location and about a 10 minute walk to the river. Loads to do and see. Highly recommend staying here. You will have a fab time.

Couldn't rate Hostel Blues any higher but if there was a sixth option for rating the staff I would so tick it. Excellent is an understatement. They were all superb. Barbora gets a special mention because she's awesome! Hostel Blues boss: she needs a raise and, more importantly, to have her 'new staff member' name tag thrown out with the recycling. Awesome hostel. 5 mins walk to central square. Train station is walkable or the bus is only 70c. The Slovak Pub is also a must visit.

The staff were so welcoming and friendly and gave us advice on things to do in Slovakia, I would definitely stay here again.

I really liked my stay here! The bar was a great place to meet other travelers, and it had live music until 10. The room was big enough for everyone to have space.

Sooo amazing getting there and be welcomed with a blues band playing! Nice location, Staff really helpful and sympathetic. Clean bedroom and bathroom (but 1 shower for 8 is too little..), nice beds. Problem was: too hot in the summer! Almost impossible to have a good night of sleep, opening the Window meant a lot of noise all night and speacially in the morning. Air conditionated is so needed people!

This is the best hostel I've stayed at for my 4 week trip so far. Staff is super friendly and helpful. I made some good friends there. Highly recommended!

Great location and so helpful staffs. There was a band playing one night so cool. To be perfect just need air conditoning, my staying it was so hot and we had to sleep with the open windows, but the trains on the street start working around 5am and they are so noisy.

Very impressive little hostel, perfect for anyone travelling by themselves or in a small group. Super helpful staff!!!!!!! And that was all of them not even anyone in particular. Only thing I would say is it would be nice if they organised a few more "activities/nights out" the cooking class was a great idea and got everyone chatting. Definitely recommend staying here.

Hilariously nice rooms and very comfortable beds. Staff was lovely, common room is nice. Only stayed here one night but would definitely recommend it- it's a huge hostel and probably is very fun during peak season.

Very spacious rooms, great common area, friendly staff, large lockers, very good location - could not ask for any more!