Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

the location of the hostel is really central, about 5 minutes walk from the main centre and right next to a supermarket and bus stop. Kitchen has lots of utensils although it's pretty small if there's more than about 4 at a time in there, but there is a big dining room and lounge area to hang out in, overall a good place to meet people and friendly staff!

Extremely nice and helpful staff!

Staff was super friendly and always willing to help. They even gave me a map of Vienna, which was my next travelstop. Actually they we're more helpfull then the staff of the next hostel in Vienna. Hostel is very close to centre,which is not big but beautiful. Rooms were clean and tidy. I attended the free cooking course, cooked a lovely meal with a great chef. Learned a new traditional Slovak dish and is a great way to meet people. The hostel is really really great! Felt like home!

I was really impressed with this place. Two power plugs per bed is amazing, big lockers and comfy beds. Cheap beers in the bar, cheap laundry, and I do love a place with a fooseball table. Definitely will stay again next time I'm in Bratislava.

This hostel is in a great location and has very helpful staff who were happy to give us directions and advice on where to go. There is a bar and a good atmosphere, and the hostel is clean and well-maintained. There was cheap parking quite near which was convenient. The only criticism I would have is that the curtains in the rooms are too small and let a lot of light into the rooms from the streetlights.

Enjoyed my stay here. Provided with a locker and lock which was handy. Also was able to leave my bag in a luggage store after checkout. Ensuite dorm was decent, sharing with slightly messy young lads but to be expected. Location was slightly out of the old town but a 5 minute walk away. Staff were amiable and extremely helpful. Particularly Dominika, a really cool girl who gave me some really cool ideas of what to do in Ljubljana having understood exactly what I was looking for.

Loved this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean.

• 24th Jul 2015

It was really hot in the room ( 8 persons in dorm) , I couldn't sleep even if the window was open. no air conditioning in the room. only air conditioning in the bar. Staff: only women but friendly. Il faisait très chaud dans la chambre, pas de clim juste un ventilateur de plafond qui brassait l'air chaud. Je n'ai quasiment pas dormi à cause de la chaleur. j'ai du porter un bracelet au poignet ou était inscrit le nom de l'hostel durant tout mon séjour. ( pour toucher les commissions des restos?)

I loved this hostel. Great atmosphere every night and the staff were friendly beyond reason. Each bed has 2 sockets and a light.

I loved almost everything about hostel blues. they have a great kitchen and coming classes. they have an awesome air conditioned common area. the staff is really helpful and the location is great. the bathrooms could use a cleaning. but other than that it was av great place and I'd stay there again.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful here and there was a vibrant atmosphere around the hostel. The only complaint we have was that the rooms were far too hot and therefore difficult to sleep in, but we would stay there again nonetheless!

Great location

The hostel is easy to find and looks pretty cool when you go inside but there weren't many people there. The staff were great, they helped loads and were funny. This place had a kitchen so that was useful. The only downside is that if you want to sleep there's non stop trams going past which really keep you up

Great hostel with excellent helpful staff. Air conditioning in the rooms would have improved my stay hugely.

Great place

I cannot think of one bad thing to describe my stay at this hostel. Dorms were nice and clean, and the bar area is also a nice place to sit and drink a beer. The hostel is right in the city center, so exploring Bratislava is easy. Staff gives a lot of information about bars and restaurants and local food. Only strange that you need a key to open your appartment, while the rooms do not have a lock. However, lockers are big enough to fit your whole suitcase or backpack.

Great atmosphere, cheap drinks, very helpful staff! Definitely recommended.

Would of liked Air con Room smelt a bit But other than that good place

The hostel was nice, but why you would want to go to Bratislava in the first place is what you should be asking yourself. Stayed one night here and I felt even that was to much. Other then the city sucked, hostel was really nice and staff very helpful and friendly.

the staff are soooo nice and so fun, recommend you stay here a couple of nights, really easy to make friends here