Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Perfect place to stay in Bratislava especially for solo travellers. The reception is a bar which is open 24 hrs and there's a cozy sitting room and kitchen area. And everybody is super friendly, helpful and caring. The only thing to say is that there is no breakfast included but I think that was in the description...thanks hostel blues. I hope I can make it back and visit other places in Slovakia.

• 7th Aug 2014

Didn't stay here long enough to get a proper feel of the place, but what we did see was great, staff were helpful and knowledgeable

Pretty good for the money. The rooms are clustered a few per floor, which is fine, but the door to the cluster makes a very loud noise when closed, making it sucky to try and sleep if there are people walking in and out.

The staff was amazingly helpful, explaining all the things to visit in Bratislava and pointing them in a map. The room was ok as well as the bathroom.

Excellent hostel. Best hostel room I've been in my trip. Large room, large locker, good bed. Very good location, 24hr reception. bathroom and toilet inside the room. Very hepfull staff. I had an asthma attack late at night and I was without my medicine. The girl at reception helped me finding the medicine at the pharmacy . Without her translating help I would have gone through bad times.. Thanks once again!

Hostel Blues is one of my favorite hostels! The staff is friendly and helpful. Got to know a lot of nice people there. The place got everything a backpacker needs and is close to the city center. When I'm in Bratislava again I will definitely stay at Blues :)

This hostel was very welcoming. It is located ideally near the river, downtown, a stones throw away from the buda side and main bars/restaurants. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was easy to meet new people thanks to their common room, balconies and daily pub crawl. The only downside was that there was no a/c and it was a little warm on the top floor.

Really nice hostel that's close to the old town of Bratislava. Staff were really friendly on arrival and told me loads of stuff that I could see and do and marked them all on a map for me. Had good banter with couple of the staff too. Big lockers, dorms and bathrooms are nice and clean. very good price for what you get! hostel has a nice chilled out atmosphere too

Great staff, good facilities, 24 hour reception, good bar, nice guests, cheap beer, bar snacks,. Thank goodness there was a nice big fan in the room to keep us cool!

A big and crowded hostel with 5 floor. Every floor has rooms which has unique city names like London, Paris etc. There is an elevator. Staff was helpfull and tell much about city. They give you a magnetic card for doors. There are 2 loundary machines

This hostel was really great. The staff was extremely friendly. One of the front desk workers sat down with us and gave us an entire run down on Bratislava. The location is excellent with a literal five minute walk to old town and surrounding areas.

This is an amazing hostel! Staff was very helpful and friendly location was good common area was excellent rooms were beatiful! Only down side was toilet papers - i saw another person complained about that too at reviews - were kinda rough but other than that excellent!

everything is exellent.

Apart from the location, atmosphere and cleanliness, the staff was great! They've been really helpful. All of them were smiling all the time and seemed ready to answer all of our questions. The atmosphere was lovely as well. There are enough showers and restrooms so you don't need to wait in a line. The cupboards are big enough for a big backpack. To sum up, If I go to Bratislava again, I would definitely stay there.

Excellents hostel! Very friendly staff and a large common area where it's easy to meet other travellers. Clean and secure rooms, central location, a big supermarket nearby. And nice atmosphere in general!:)

A large hostel, in the center. Helpful staff who know Bratislava well. The common area is designed well, and encourages people to meet each other: you can buy a beer at the bar, and there is no TV to distract people from talking to each other. The double room was very comfortable and clean.

Very cool common area, but located in a little bit weird part of town.

Great hostel for meeting people, very clean and location is pretty central.

This is an excellent hostel. The staff are friendly and exceptionally helpful. The atmosphere here is excellent. The location is very good as it is very close to all the sights. I would definitely stay here again!

Very big and friendly hostel right next to the centre of Bratislava, always humming with activity. Excellent (soundproof) rooms and facilities. In short: everything the discerning backpacker could possibly need! Very highly recommended for a stay in Bratislava!